PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling = Connected to Homophobia, Sexual Assualt and Relationship Violence?

Stardy
12-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Source: ProWrestling.com

The Men’s Anti-Violence Council will be screening the film “Wrestling with Manhood: Boys, Bullying and Battering” at on 12/3 as part of their White Ribbon Campaign at the Iowa Memorial Union. A press release for the event reads, “The film “Wrestling with Manhood” is the first educational program to pay attention to the enormous popularity of professional wrestling among male youth, addressing its relationship to real-life violence and probing the social values that sustain it as a powerful cultural force. Sut Jhally and Jackson Katz — the award-winning creators of the videos “Dreamworlds” and “Tough Guise,” respectively — explore the enduring problems of men’s violence against women and bullying in schools. Drawing the connection between professional wrestling and the construction of contemporary masculinity, they show how so-called “entertainment” is related to homophobia, sexual assault and relationship violence.”

---

What primeape poopoo. It's "Fake" and its Popular, is my guess on why they are making the attack at it. :|

LOLAMODEDITTEDMYPOST. :'D

George Jefferson
12-05-2008, 05:30 AM
Source: ProWrestling.com

The Men’s Anti-Violence Council will be screening the film “Wrestling with Manhood: Boys, Bullying and Battering” at on 12/3 as part of their White Ribbon Campaign at the Iowa Memorial Union. A press release for the event reads, “The film “Wrestling with Manhood” is the first educational program to pay attention to the enormous popularity of professional wrestling among male youth, addressing its relationship to real-life violence and probing the social values that sustain it as a powerful cultural force. Sut Jhally and Jackson Katz — the award-winning creators of the videos “Dreamworlds” and “Tough Guise,” respectively — explore the enduring problems of men’s violence against women and bullying in schools. Drawing the connection between professional wrestling and the construction of contemporary masculinity, they show how so-called “entertainment” is related to homophobia, sexual assault and relationship violence.”

---

What primeape poopoo. It's "Fake" and its Popular, is my guess on why they are making the attack at it. :|

Bah! Dumb thugs!

They know nothing of it's intent!

Maleficent
12-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Stardy, semi-naked greased up men punching each others balls in an attempt to get on top of the other player and pin him down does sound somewhat sexual.

George Jefferson
12-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Stardy, semi-naked greased up men punching each others balls in an attempt to get on top of the other player and pin him down does sound somewhat sexual.

Of course, only the ignorant would notice that.

karmachameleon
12-07-2008, 02:34 AM
do you smelllalalalal

what the rock

IS COOKIN

George Jefferson
12-08-2008, 01:14 AM
do you smelllalalalal

what the rock

IS COOKIN

You'll never forget the name of FFFFFFFFFF Goolllldust.

karmachameleon
12-08-2008, 04:55 AM
It's stupid that wrestling is getting a bad wrap though. I used to watch Smackdown every week when I was about 10 or 12 and it was just pure, ridiculous entertainment. The violence and completely fake relationship stuff is part of the entertainment, and people should separate that from their normal lives, not imitate what they see.

atucker22
12-14-2008, 02:24 PM
It's not even real so how can it influence people?

This article is completly idiotic

goldenangel
12-20-2008, 06:40 PM
I watch wrestling, although I somewhat agree with the article. You know how some people copy whatever is on tv nowadays.