PDA

View Full Version : Can lock this please

Vlad The Impaler
12-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Pretty much sorted out now. I don't want people trying to counter my team.

Lock please, if possible with a cool post xD

Void
12-07-2008, 02:33 PM
For Forretress, use Spikes over Stealth Rock. After all, so many Pokémon can learn Stealth Rock, but fewer good ones can use Spikes effectively. Run it on one of his other slots instead—if you can't give it up.

A suggestion for Regirock, try going with Earthquake instead of Brick Break until Regirock gets Hammer Arm.

Black Label
12-07-2008, 02:36 PM
For Forretress, use Spikes over Stealth Rock. After all, so many Pokémon can learn Stealth Rock, but fewer good ones can use Spikes effectively. Run it on one of his other slots instead—if you can't give it up.

A suggestion for Regirock, try going with Earthquake instead of Brick Break until Regirock gets Hammer Arm.

Well, I was thinking of Stealth Rock, since it hits pokemon with levitate, but whatever you want to choose, mango.

Vlad The Impaler
12-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll go with Stealth Rock, and EQ on Regirock :happy:

Void
12-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Also, one thing about Yanmega, going with Protect won't get you anywhere. You still won't have an attack to deal decent damage against Zapdos, so what use woul the speed boost be? HP Ice is the only thing on the moveset that can hit Zapdos for decent damage. The only use for Protect would be to BP speed.

Limitless
12-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Since I don't have time for a full rate, I'll just point out a few things that should be corrected:

- For Yanmega use the set:

Hidden Power Ground
Air Slash
Protect
Bug Buzz

That set will allow you to out-speed a max speed Naive Heatran. Hidden Power Ground will obviously KO. Obviously you have to Protect the first turn against it.

- Use either Spikes or Toxic Spikes on Foretress. As one of the previous posters stated, many Pokemon can set up Stealth Rock. You may want to throw Stealth Rock on Uxie if you really want it on your team.

Vlad The Impaler
12-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Also, one thing about Yanmega, going with Protect won't get you anywhere. You still won't have an attack to deal decent damage against Zapdos, so what use woul the speed boost be? HP Ice is the only thing on the moveset that can hit Zapdos for decent damage. The only use for Protect would be to BP speed.

I understand...I think. But My whole team doesn't revolve around countering Zapdos :ermm: Anyway, I think Raikou can do that job pretty well.

EDIT: Thanks, Trinity :happy: But now I'll have to re-breed that Yanmega....

Lucario of Light
12-07-2008, 03:16 PM
OK, after battling that team I'd say that it's pretty good overall. And keep protect for your Yanmega it gave me a hard time my Porygon-Z would've killed it if it didn't have protect and hypnosis.

Void
12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I understand...I think. But My whole team doesn't revolve around countering Zapdos :ermm: Anyway, I think Raikou can do that job pretty well.

EDIT: Thanks, Trinity :happy: But now I'll have to re-breed that Yanmega....

I wasn't trying to make your team revolve around countering Zapdos, I was just saying that Protect doesn't offer any help against it since you asked the question if Protect will help against Zapdos. Anyway, it's best you just go with the moveset Trinity suggested.

Vlad The Impaler
12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
OK, after battling that team I'd say that it's pretty good overall. And keep protect for your Yanmega it gave me a hard time my Porygon-Z would've killed it if it didn't have protect and hypnosis.

Thanks...I'm thinking of running a Choice Scarf/Specs Heatran over Uxie...I keep getting hammered by fire attacks aimed at Yanmega and Forretress.

Ryan Nissan
12-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks...I'm thinking of running a Choice Scarf/Specs Heatran over Uxie...I keep getting hammered by fire attacks aimed at Yanmega and Forretress.

Why not SalacTran?
252 speed/6 defense/ 252 sp attack TIMID Salac berry

Hp electric/ice/grass
Substitute
Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
Earth Power

Voila. Set by Iceraver101.