PDA

View Full Version : May be locked.

Void
12-09-2008, 02:12 PM
I've gotten all the suggestion necessary for the team. I'm deleting this to prevent people from knowing my team. This may be locked or whatever.

-Holland-
12-10-2008, 12:10 AM
I know Jolteon hardly has much of a movepool, but Hyper Beam is absolutely worthless on anything other than Porygon-Z, and Porygon-Z only likes it because he makes an insane 300 BP out of it and can OHKO Blissey with it, given the proper set-up. Jolteon, even while frail, has a plethora of useful support options - particularly Yawn and Wish -, and can even utilize Substitute with that excellent Speed to maintain a reliable sweep (although Life Orb kind of ruins that prospect) if you want. Seriously, put Yawn or Wish on there; you never know when it'll help you, but if the opportunity arises, you'll be glad you had the option, as opposed to the susceptibility to poor predictions, lack of STAB and lack of coverage one would get out of Hyper Beam. I would say to run Timid in order to achieve a Speed of 362 (to outrun Azelf), but Jolteon could use the power if you don't mind switching to something else to counter him (although a Life Orb sweeper version smites ruin upon this team, barring Sky Shaymin, but even he can't switch in easily).

Agility Metagross is amazing...I'm used to seeing Explosion, but I'm sure the rest of your team can manage with troublesome walls if they come to your attention. Be open to the option, though, since Metagross' Explosion with Life Orb after Agility is probably the most convenient physical assault in the game. Thunderpunch solve a lot of problems, so you're good here. Be open to Explosion, though.

If you want a sleeper, I'd personally say that you're better off with Roserade or Breloom, but since Milotic is your Fire resist, I guess this is fine. You'll really have to learn not to rely on Hypnosis, however, as the sleep lasts indefinitely, from just one turn to about 4. Moreover, Hypnosis' accuracy is absolutely deplorable, and that should be reason enough for it to be a desperate option at best. I think the reason you've come to think that it helps you so much is because Dragon Dancers likely screw you over, outspeeding all your sweepers and destroying them like nothing. A Salamence with one Dragon Dance in using Earthquake and Outrage will destroy you with ease, provided Metagross hasn't gotten an Agility or has been burned (Weezing and especially Rotom are very good at tainting Metagross as such, with the latter of greater impudence, as Explosion doesn't out his lights).

As such, Heracross really wants a Choice Scarf to outspeed sweepers and tanks in order to decimate them. I admire the power of the Choice Band version, but Metagross can drive an entire sweeping strategy on his own if you play your cards just right, so Heracross needs to take care of the little things, like a Gyarados looking to get a Dragon Dance, a Rotom trying to burn you, or a Blissey trying to stall your team to hell's ninth circle. Heracross takes status (aside from paralysis) well, and garners more Attack than even your Metagross after doing so, allowing him to rip things apart. For this reason, Pursuit may be a worthy option over Night Slash in order to nail fleeing Ghosts, but if you find Dusknoir that much of a problem, feel free to stick to Night Slash. You may have a bit of a problem against a Dragon Danced Salamence, as those things deliberately outspeed Heracross after a single boost, so watch out for that.

As for Sky Shaymin, you may find that a sweeping Zapdos will fill his role well, as he destroys Scizor, who Sky Shaymin doesn't take care of very well anyway (if you switch in on the Swords Dance, your counter virtually ceases to exist).

This is generally a pretty good team, but I think your lack of Speed and key resistances is what lets you down a bit.

Cucumber
12-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Mamoswine hit's your team extremely hard, the only thing that does not get hurt really bad by it is Milotic and Heracross, once Milo is gone your team is in some big trouble.

Jolteon is almost useless as a pure sweeping poke it would work much better as a Sub passer or like Diargo said a Yawner seeing as those are the only two sets that work but if you want to run a sweep set run Signal Beam over Hyper beam because lets just face it, Hyper Beam sucks.

I really can't think of any pokes to put in here but yeah.....

Void
12-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Mamoswine hit's your team extremely hard, the only thing that does not get hurt really bad by it is Milotic and Heracross, once Milo is gone your team is in some big trouble.

Jolteon is almost useless as a pure sweeping poke it would work much better as a Sub passer or like Diargo said a Yawner seeing as those are the only two sets that work but if you want to run a sweep set run Signal Beam over Hyper beam because lets just face it, Hyper Beam sucks.

I really can't think of any pokes to put in here but yeah.....

I am completely aware that Jolteon is not very good at sweeping, but a sweeping set would have an element of surprise. Most leads try taunting Jolt thinking it's used for support, which gives me a free turn to attack. And Jolt has Signal Beam?! How could I have not known that........ -_-

@Diarago: Sweeping Zapdos? That's a good idea, I'll try running that on a D/P team (once I get my wifi back) or if Skymin is banned from standard play.