PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarök Team: Climbing the Ladder easily.

SaviorSephiroth
12-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks for all for rating.

Now I'm going to close this. Thanks for all hints.

-Savior

Vlad The Impaler
12-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Why do you have a Dry-BP on Jolteon? Does it pass the Choice Specs boost or something? :eh:

Viva la Gofre
12-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Why do you have a Dry-BP on Jolteon? Does it pass the Choice Specs boost or something? :eh:
It's usually only used for leads. If neither trainer like the match up and both attempt to switch out, the one physically selecting the "switch out" option will go first, as switches occur before the battle phase. This therefore gives jolteon the ability choose who best to switch in to take on this new threat. Plus jolton has almost nothing else in his special move pool.

OP, the only reason those SpAtt EVs are on vaporeon was to guarentee a OHKO on a non-yache garchomp. Now he's been moved up to uber, you can afford to run 252HP/252Def

scubasteveE
12-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Ugh, I remember facing this team and it gave me hell. Very good but if your going to run toxic or hp ice on vapereon, I would run hp ice on trean. It loses the ability to counter
g-dos, but you can predict a nite or mence switch in because nite and mence are common heatran counters.

-Holland-
12-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, switching to Hidden Power Ice on Heatran may help you in the long run, since his coverage is excellent with it, and Celebi absolutely obliterates Swampert, with Rotom able to take on Gyarados with some degree of success.

Overall, I think Prtoect is better on Vaporeon, but I can understand Haze being a last-resort kind of thing in case you're being swept badly. Nevertheless, especially when Vaporeon has Toxic, Protect makes him into a stalling master.