PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story

atucker22
12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I watch the show "Survivor" and anyone who watches the show will get this. A guy that was on the show (Kenny) is the world's #1 video game player at a game. They didn't say what game but it turns out that he's a super nerd at Super Smash Bros. and he wins hundreds of dollars at tournaments. I thought it was a funny story because I love those games!

Poring
12-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I followed about half the season. I play Marth in SSBM and SSBB, so I watched a lot of his matches. Funny how his name was changed to Kenny. I believe he's made over a hundred thousand dollars in tourneys.

Edit: It's more like fifty thousand.

Seawolf
12-19-2008, 06:53 PM
He was a jerk, I'm glad he got kicked off.

Neo Emolga
12-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I watch the show "Survivor" and anyone who watches the show will get this. A guy that was on the show (Kenny) is the world's #1 video game player at a game. They didn't say what game but it turns out that he's a super nerd at Super Smash Bros. and he wins hundreds of dollars at tournaments. I thought it was a funny story because I love those games!

I doubt he's the #1 at that game. There's probably someone out there that can beat him but just hasn't played him yet.

Anyway, I've never liked the show Survivor. Amazing Race is many times better in my opinion.

Poring
12-19-2008, 07:32 PM

He was pretty arrogant, yeah.

I doubt he's the #1 at that game. There's probably someone out there that can beat him but just hasn't played him yet.

I don't think he was #1 in the rankings when he retired from the competitive scene, anyway. His gameplay played a big part Marth the top-tier character he is now, though.

George Jefferson
12-19-2008, 07:48 PM
cool story bro

atucker22
12-20-2008, 04:40 PM

He was a jerk, but he was a nerd jerk and that's what counts

Cybernetic Ghost
12-20-2008, 04:42 PM

Anyway, I've never liked the show Survivor. Amazing Race is many times better in my opinion.

Created the Ken combo, made Marth a top tier character, and for at least one list, I believe he actually caused Marth to hit the top over Shiek and the spacies. I think he pretty much paid his college tuition in winnings too. Dominated the US tourneys for a few years, and beat people like Bomb Soldier and Captain Jack over in Japan, so yeah, for awhile, he was pretty much considered the best smash player in the world.

I don't think he was #1 in the rankings when he retired from the competitive scene, anyway. His gameplay played a big part Marth the top-tier character he is now, though.

Yeah, not sure who was, but he stopped playing casually from what I remember, and a bit later, someone passed him. Probably Mew2king, but its been awhile.

Kenny_C.002
12-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I thought Ken was still playing...Honestly I haven't been keeping iup with the scene at all lately. I have no idea where Isai, Mew2King, Chillin', etc. are at nowadays.

Cybernetic Ghost
12-22-2008, 08:24 AM
I thought Ken was still playing...Honestly I haven't been keeping iup with the scene at all lately. I have no idea where Isai, Mew2King, Chillin', etc. are at nowadays.

I thought he quit. I knew he stopped playing casually for awhile, and I thought he quit awhile after that. I stopped paying attention for the most part a few months before Brawl, and since then, I sort of stopped keeping up entirely since the old group i used to know who played all pretty much quit.