PDA

View Full Version : New show possibly coming in February, 2009, Power Puff Girls Z!!!!!

AshMistyMayfan
12-20-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm not sure if you can post the YouTube site, but here is what I just read from a poster:

XxChibiBabyxX (3 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam Yes, its coming to cartoon network in the USA febuary 19th 2009.

What is Power Puff Girls Z you may ask? Well from what I have gathered, it's kind of a Smallville parody, but these girls do accept their destiny as superheroes. Three girls with Japanese names (Momoko, Miyako, and Kaoru) saved 3 innocent children from these mysterious white lights that rained down, and like a theme from Isis, the girls were turned into heroines: Hyper Blossom, Rolling Bubbles, and Powered Buttercup.

It's almost similar to Power Puff Girls, but the girls are separate individuals, live with family, and Professor Utonium is like a Mentor of Shazam to them. The Mayor of Tokyo City is obviously different, but still the lovable doofus in situations that come up. Miss bellum has blonde hair, but still faceless and pretty. The Mayor's brother is a principal at the school where Momoko, Miyako, and Kaoru all share classes and of course the bond as heroines of their city. The teacher is of course a Miss Keane. The schooling the girls have is Junior High I'm sure, for they are supposed to be 13.

The villains are of course our lovable PPG villains, but naturally, drawn different so not to be confusing and redone quite nicely I may add. Princess is called Princess Himeko (Himeko is Japanese for Princess), has a pretty white cat for a pet, her parents are actually seen believe it or not, and she has an older sister named Miko, whom like her doesn't like PPGZ and she (Miko) actually dons her own heroine attire (which I can't spoil for you got to see it for yourself!). Himeko could be similar to Lex Luthor the way she operates things in Tokyo City. Himeko changes into a bad girl whenever her cat is accidentally provoked and the cat screeches, thus giving Himeko huge afro like red hair (I kid you not) and seemingly ages her to 18 (without her growing up). The villain Sedussa is compared to the Nutty Professor Movies with Eddie Murphy, as she is a meek mild mannered girl named Sakurako who runs her own bakery, makes her own food (with no hired help for she adds special touches to her food), and is painfully shy. but like Eddie Murphy in drinking a bad formula, if Sakurako puts on make up, she turns into Sedussa, and Sedussa really has a big chest so to speak, purple dress, and black stockings, rew! The Gangrene gang is a bit different, but still similar. MoJo is 6 feet tall I kid you not! Fuzzy is drawn a lot better, doesn't come out as a hick. Amoeba boys have a girl on the team, so it's 2 boys and a girl.

52 episodes were made into a successful hit in Japan. It's probably getting tested outside the region to garner fan reaction for a 2nd season has not started as of 2008, and Phillipines were the recent area to get this cult phenomenon on their Cartoon Network. I think Austrailia got it as well, but can't confirm.

Some episodes from my observation are actually pretty good. Some are of course filler type misses, but this show actually has a future if we watch it on Cartoon Network. I know a lot of you will groan that they give it English and probably miss the boat on Japanese dialogue, but this show has great potential if you watch it next year.

So give power Puff Girls Z a chance! Believe me, episode 52 when you see it will bring tears out of your eyes and a sense of pride of how good these girls truly are to be called heroines next to Justice League and Sailor Moon!

Nirvash
12-20-2008, 04:12 AM
Why does everything have to become an Anime?

AshMistyMayfan
12-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Why does everything have to become an Anime?

Well, they had Live Action Sailor Moon, but they butchered the English translation. NOt sure if live Action Power Puff Girls would get anywhere...kids do grow up fast in a 52 week period.

Lord Celebi
12-20-2008, 04:50 AM
I doubt this is coming to America. Cartoon Network USA's Anti-Anime attitudes of late probably won't let it.

Once Snyder gets booted out (which will be soon, mark my words), this may come.

Maleficent
12-20-2008, 05:26 AM
I seriously want to see a super-powered Mojo Jojo.

Nirvash
12-20-2008, 07:45 AM
I doubt this is coming to America. Cartoon Network USA's Anti-Anime attitudes of late probably won't let it.

Once Snyder gets booted out (which will be soon, mark my words), this may come.

Being the Atlanta person I am, I actually know somebody who works at CN. He told me pretty much what they're doing now... Apparantly, Total Drama Island is topping CN's charts. Actually, that's not even considered good anymore. CN is in 3rd place. While you're right about the Anti-Anime attitude, it won't be the only reason that they won't show it...

They refuse to bring back any older shows during the daytime. What the hell, CN? while this doesn't seem to apply, this is just another ppg show. So... yea, this will denied.

In the case that it does get on the network, this will be a hit or miss thing. I personally believe they would actually do so much better to put the older PPG on. But, I mean hey, whatever floats people's boats. It's not what I want, it's what all kids that are below the ages of 12 want.

And that reminds me. I got a little insight on what CN will be doing since I spoke with a CN worker last week. apparantly, they tried appealing to everybody in a halfassed way, and that is why they are 3rd apposed to Disney Channel and Nick. They're going to be focusing on Boys 12 and under. :P

Assaundrell Yumerai
12-20-2008, 11:09 AM
The movie was good! the girls look more better, and their professor even turned into a good looking one!

Lord Celebi
12-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Being the Atlanta person I am, I actually know somebody who works at CN.

Mind asking him what the hell went through Snyder's mind when they decided to cancel Toonami and if there's any movement whatsoever among the people employed at CN to being Toonami back?

Shozuka
12-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Nope, it's not. The only shows confirmed coming to USA in CN so far is a Garfield show, Cartoonstitute (kind of like What a Cartoon!), Total Drama Action, a Hot Wheels show, Adventure Time, Naruto Shippuden, and Pink Panther. I have my sources. O__o

White_Rabbit
12-20-2008, 06:30 PM
I seriously want to see a super-powered Mojo Jojo.
same here! that monkey wasa cool!
The movie was good! the girls look more better, and their professor even turned into a good looking one!

hahahahahahahaha!

in agreement with toonami fans, BRING TOONAMI BACK!

Lord Celebi
12-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Nope, it's not. The only shows confirmed coming to USA in CN so far is a Garfield show, Cartoonstitute (kind of like What a Cartoon!), Total Drama Action, a Hot Wheels show, Adventure Time, Naruto Shippuden, and Pink Panther. I have my sources. O__o

Shippuden isn't confirmed as of yet, and I WHOLLY doubt CN will pick it up.

AshMistyMayfan
12-21-2008, 07:14 AM

No I hear 2 dates, one is January 19 and the other is in February...unless there's another Cartoon Network channel..or maybe YTV in Canada is getting PPGZ. Somebody keeps saying Cartoon Network is getting Power PUff Girls Z. Phillipines already aired an English version...it already has to be made...unless they're remodifying it right now with different talent in the US. I know when Sailor Moon came out with new episodes, YTV got it first, then the local channel before it got moved to Cartoon Network.

I bet the Garfield show is probably a computer animation thing...not exactly :sleepy: to me.

Nirvash
12-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Mind asking him what the hell went through Snyder's mind when they decided to cancel Toonami and if there's any movement whatsoever among the people employed at CN to being Toonami back?

The company is insane right now. He's not the best boss.

Lord Celebi
12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
The company is insane right now. He's not the best boss.

Do you have an answer to my second question?

And I'm not too worried about Snyder. I'm about 95% positive that Time Warner is going to either get bought out or will have a stockholder's revolution in January, when they decide whether to unsplit their shares or not. If either of those two things happen, and Snyder's only hallmarks are one acquisition doing well (Clone Wars) and all other major ratings-getters getting killed off (Naruto, One Piece, Toonami), I'm pretty sure Synder will be done.

Nirvash
12-23-2008, 03:16 AM
No idea if they are doing anything about Toonami. Write some letters, perhaps.

Actually, recall what I said before. Before, their network was aimed at all kids in the most half-assed manner possible. They're heading towards aiming for boys around the age of 12, so you can expect some **** to go down. The person I know who works at CN works in advertising, but he knows a lot. He is working on something in Total Drama Island right now, but he hasn't even seen 1 episode of the show, and he doesn't like most of the shows. He agrees with me, and a lot of other people that it used to be better. Looney Toons is showing all of New Years Day, which is a start (I love Looney Toons).

Sight of the Stars
12-23-2008, 03:22 AM
The mention of Power Puff Girls has given me nightmares.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! @_#

I swear, if they kill of Naruto or Bleach I'll kill them off... personally.

Charizard Michelle
12-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Being the Atlanta person I am, I actually know somebody who works at CN. He told me pretty much what they're doing now... Apparantly, Total Drama Island is topping CN's charts. Actually, that's not even considered good anymore. CN is in 3rd place. While you're right about the Anti-Anime attitude, it won't be the only reason that they won't show it...

They refuse to bring back any older shows during the daytime. What the hell, CN? while this doesn't seem to apply, this is just another ppg show. So... yea, this will denied.

In the case that it does get on the network, this will be a hit or miss thing. I personally believe they would actually do so much better to put the older PPG on. But, I mean hey, whatever floats people's boats. It's not what I want, it's what all kids that are below the ages of 12 want.

And that reminds me. I got a little insight on what CN will be doing since I spoke with a CN worker last week. apparantly, they tried appealing to everybody in a halfassed way, and that is why they are 3rd apposed to Disney Channel and Nick. They're going to be focusing on Boys 12 and under. :P

Strange how they shove the old stuff aside yet they have a game base on their old characters. Having PPGZ may help that game but meh. CN is stupid these days.

Yeah. We can tell they were halfa-- anything. TOonami in the last few years was proof of that.

12 year old boys love anime. haha

Wow. Garfield? Who the heck idea was that? I mean most young kids these days don't even know about that orange cat. Still that is stupid. Hot Wheels? Yeah....Didn't they show a sucky movie of that a few years ago?

Looney Toons is showing all of New Years Day, which is a start (I love Looney Toons).

Sounds like some of the old people are still there since I am sure that the CN wouldn't have shown that before.

Hop, Step, Jump~

Lord Celebi
12-23-2008, 05:42 AM
No idea if they are doing anything about Toonami. Write some letters, perhaps.

Done and been ignored. :(

scubasteveE
12-24-2008, 03:29 PM
I actually liked the first ppg cartoon, so I'm glad to see it coming back. But CN is being really stupid nowadays so I'm thinking they won't. Maybe the WCYB will pick it up?

I'm actually think naruto shipp (if it comes to NA) will be put on adult swim, showing it with bleach, morabito, and code geass R2(well it might be over by then)

Stubby Boardman
12-24-2008, 04:39 PM
I heard that this show isn't that good. So nobody watch it!!!

Nirvash
12-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Done and been ignored. :(

There is power in numbers.