PDA

View Full Version : Luxray Help

Yoda55
12-30-2008, 06:53 PM
I've just gotten a UT Luxray. So I'm wondering what I can do with him. Anu suggestions?

skeeter09
12-30-2008, 06:56 PM
couldn't be my luxray could it? :))

Vlad The Impaler
12-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Any suggestions? I don't mean to be rude but Luxray is pretty awful in the competitive world. Gallade is a much better choice. Even Staraptor is better.

Viva la Gofre
12-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Any suggestions? I don't mean to be rude but Luxray is pretty awful in the competitive world. Gallade is a much better choice. Even Staraptor is better.
Both of those pokes are in higher tiers, so that's like suggesting blissey over hypno if he plans on going UU. Rather than whining about his choice of pokemon, why not do something crazy like actually try and help him?

But yeah, luxray is best employed an a choice bander to best exploit his attack stat. Run the following:

Luxray@Choice Band
Adamant (Intimidate)
252Att/216Spd/40HP
Spark
Return
Ice Fang
Crunch/Protect

Yoda55
12-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Both of those pokes are in higher tiers, so that's like suggesting blissey over hypno if he plans on going UU. Rather than whining about his choice of pokemon, why not do something crazy like actually try and help him?

But yeah, luxray is best employed an a choice bander to best exploit his attack stat. Run the following:

Luxray@Choice Band
Adamant (Intimidate)
252Att/216Spd/40HP
Spark
Return
Ice Fang
Crunch/Protect

I've got a question. Is there a reason you picked Spark over Thunderbolt or Thunder?

Viva la Gofre
12-30-2008, 10:32 PM
I've got a question. Is there a reason you picked Spark over Thunderbolt or Thunder?
Spark is a physical attack, and this luxray is a physical sweeper. If you would like one of those two moves then a mixed sweeper would be more appropriate:

Luxray@Life Orb
Rash (Initimidate)
120Att/252SpAtt/136Spd
Thunderbolt
HP Grass/Signal Beam
Ice Fang
Crunch

Thunder is not recommended, since it has a low accuracy and thunderbolt will do more in the long run. Since it is very unlikely you will have HP grass without breeding, signal beam can be used to hit bulky waters harder.

Yoda55
12-30-2008, 10:47 PM
ok i like the Second one better. Thanks for the help!