PDA

View Full Version : Wii Games

atucker22
12-31-2008, 02:17 PM
I got a Wii for Christmas and my birthday is coming up so I'm wondering what some good Wii games are.

Dark Lightning
12-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Super Mario Galaxy.

Your Nintendo Wii isn't a Wii without it.

Charbok
01-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Super Mario Galaxy:
This game is the Wii's finest, without a doubt. People say that the Wii has no hardcore games, but this game is so damn good that it counts for about three hardcore games. This is a must have.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Speaks for itself. Must buy.

No More Heroes:
If you are a fan of insane bloody battles, humor and all around good gameplay, this is the game for you. Keep in mind the game is rated 'M' for good reason.

Animal Crossing: City Folk:
If you've never played an Animal Crossing game, and want a game with a good atmosphere, decent gameplay and all around charm, this is the perfect game. With many humorous characters, a free-feeling world, good music, and a phenomenal atmosphere City Folk is one that I would feel rather deprived of as a Wii gamer.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption:
Anyone who's played the previous 2 installments must get this game. This is adventure FPSing at it's best. Great game all around.

Call of Duty: World at War
Without a doubt the Wii's best shooter. Online is great, and rivals that of the 360/PS3 versions. The only issue is the lack of friending people whom you've never met, and lack of voice-chat. Overall, these issues fall flat in the light of the fact that this is actually a good online shooter for Wii.

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
If you have never played Res Evil 4, and are allowed to play M games, there is no reason not to get this. It's only $20-$30, and it provides one of the system's, nay, the world's, greatest gaming experiences.

Those are the best of the best that I've played. Keep in mind that there are MANY more titles for Wii to get, but these are my personal favorites.

Honorable mentions:
Boom Blox - Great casual fun. Amazing control.
WarioWare: Smooth Moves - Another great casual experience.
Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - Don't let the name fool you; This game is another one of the Wii's best.
World of Goo (WiiWare) - Fantastic, near flawless puzzle fun. Critically acclaimed.

Grassy_Aggron
01-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Well, here are my games that I picked.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Great fighting game with an interesting plot that most others lack. Customizable stages and the ability to fight people online is great-only drawback is long distances cause severe lag.

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Fun racing game with a lot of characters and a few stages. Find shortcuts using gravity, or use it to blast through straight areas. A great plot, coupled with 3 beautiful CG scenes, a good soundtrack, and many boards for the characters to use and tricks to perform lead to interesting gameplay. Best of all, you can play with 4 and use a Gamecube controller! Only drawback is that it could use a few more stages.

Pokemon Battle Revolution
Great graphics, 4 player capabilities, and a funny narrator to boot. Have a rental team or a hand raised one from P/D/Pt, and even earn pokemon from the game (such as Electrivire and Magmortor). Only drawback is that a DS and a P/D/Pl game must be used for full enjoyment, and only one game can be used to send over pokemon to one Battle Revolution game.

Animal Crossing: City Folk
Fun game, cute and simple. If you have Wild World on your DS you can move that character here. The missing holidays such as Christmas or Halloween in Wild World finally make their triumphant return. Chat speak is a capability.

Apocrypha
01-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - The best multiplayer fighting game for the Wii, with tons of extras that will keep you busy for years.

Super Mario Galaxy - The best Wii game out there, and the best Mario game of all time. If nothing else, get this gem.

WiiMusic - With over 60 different instruments to play, it's an awesome game.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - My personal favorite, this is an awesome game with lots of fun, fighting, and a deep story.

Pokemon Battle Revolution - Meh, it's not better than Colosseum or XD, but a good 3D Pokemon game nonetheless.

Rock Band 2 - This is another awesome music game, but I wouldn't get it if you don't like rock music or have bad hand coordination.

Alienshroom
01-02-2009, 09:22 PM
If you have a DS id get PBR its more like an expansion then a full game though. Other than that SSBB, Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy are musts.

Kirby Grunt
01-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Well, here are my games that I picked.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Great fighting game with an interesting plot that most others lack. Customizable stages and the ability to fight people online is great-only drawback is long distances cause severe lag.

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Fun racing game with a lot of characters and a few stages. Find shortcuts using gravity, or use it to blast through straight areas. A great plot, coupled with 3 beautiful CG scenes, a good soundtrack, and many boards for the characters to use and tricks to perform lead to interesting gameplay. Best of all, you can play with 4 and use a Gamecube controller! Only drawback is that it could use a few more stages.

Pokemon Battle Revolution
Great graphics, 4 player capabilities, and a funny narrator to boot. Have a rental team or a hand raised one from P/D/Pt, and even earn pokemon from the game (such as Electrivire and Magmortor). Only drawback is that a DS and a P/D/Pl game must be used for full enjoyment, and only one game can be used to send over pokemon to one Battle Revolution game.

Animal Crossing: City Folk
Fun game, cute and simple. If you have Wild World on your DS you can move that character here. The missing holidays such as Christmas or Halloween in Wild World finally make their triumphant return. Chat speak is a capability.
Well, the only things I don't agree with are Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (the first one was great, but this one is crap), and unless you have Diamond/Pearl, don't get PBR. Anyway, here is my list.

Super Paper Mario - Good 2D Mario game
Smash Bros Brawl - As everyone else said in this thread, its a must have
Wario Land: Shake It! - Definetly get this one, it's another great 2D game on the wii, with anime-like graphics it actually feels like your controlling a cartoon.
Wii Points for VC games - (I highly recommend Ocarina of Time)
Super Mario Galaxy - An okay Mario game, nothing else. It doesnt compare to the 2D games, or Super Mario 64, its just a big pile of... okay.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - This game is awsome, just get it.

And if you're into that casualfag crap:
Big Brain Academy
Wii Music
and the upcoming Wii Sports Resort
and, uh, thats all.

Primal Mario
01-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Hmm...

Here are some of my recommended games

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Super Mario Galaxy

Any Guitar Hero/Rockband game

Super Mario Strikers Charged

Mario Kart Wii

These are My top Games that i always find myself playing.

But thats just my opinion.

Listen before you buy any you might want to go to a local video store and rent any that appeal to you.

Peace Buyer
01-11-2009, 11:54 PM
my choice would be rock band 2.... isnt that on it?? my friend told me it is i believe so

Apocrypha
01-12-2009, 09:49 PM
my choice would be rock band 2.... isnt that on it?? my friend told me it is i believe so

YES. I have it, and it is amazing.