PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a certain anime/manga.

Operative
12-31-2008, 10:16 PM
I've loved many anime and manga. But some are just the same as others. Or don't have good plots, etc.

I'm looking for a suspense and mystery anime or manga. The reason was for my love of Death Note. If possible, realistic art. Something along the lines of Death Note.

Synester
01-01-2009, 08:09 AM
I've loved many anime and manga. But some are just the same as others. Or don't have good plots, etc.

I'm looking for a suspense and mystery anime or manga. The reason was for my love of Death Note. If possible, realistic art. Something along the lines of Death Note.Code Geass. Sorta the same concept. Just different reasons for why they are doing it...sorta =|.

skiboydoggy
01-01-2009, 06:14 PM

I'm looking for a suspense and mystery anime or manga. The reason was for my love of Death Note. If possible, realistic art. Something along the lines of Death Note.
Go read/watch Monster and realise the sheer inferiority of Death Note.

Nirvash
01-02-2009, 02:27 AM
You might enjoy Liar Game. It's a manga, go read it at onemanga.com :P

zukirin
01-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Code Geass. Sorta the same concept. Just different reasons for why they are doing it...sorta =|.

Hey Operative, remember me? lol

Anyways I have to agree with Synester. Code Geass is awesome.

Also Higurashi No Koro Ni and Chaos;Head somewhat.

EDIT @ skiboy: lol nice FSN quote right there, one of my favorite lines.

Operative
01-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I've seen Code Geass.

Unlike most people, I didn't really like it.

Liar Game seems like something to check out.

Yes, Zuki, I remember you. xD

I'll check those out too.

Jet
01-04-2009, 05:03 AM
I might wanna warn you about Higurashi, kinda... well just search for it :P

yu-gi-oh 5D is all I've been watching now, and Rosario † Vampire Capu2 is over already...

Nirvash
01-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Yea, quick note. While it seems Liar game starts off.... boring, it really picks up. I just wanted to say that. ;P

Poring
01-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Detective Conan/Case Closed (they're the same; just different names) was a pretty cool detective anime/manga.

Alienshroom
01-05-2009, 01:18 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/52/Kyle_Moar.jpg

Winter
01-06-2009, 01:38 AM
I might wanna warn you about Higurashi, kinda... well just search for it :P

yu-gi-oh 5D is all I've been watching now, and Rosario † Vampire Capu2 is over already...
Finally! Someone who's heard of Rosario+Vampire! Anyway, I can't really think of a manga that could compare to good 'ol Death Note, but I guess that it's just because I don't read the mystery and suspense stuff. Good luck finding something good though!

Jet
01-09-2009, 04:47 AM
uh, I think it's pretty well known due to its... extreme fanservice XD

skiboydoggy
01-09-2009, 02:44 PM
uh, I think it's pretty well known due to its... extreme fanservice XD
That's the anime. The manga is significantly more serious and less fanservicey. Still silly though.

pikachugirl2
01-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Higurashi is kinda...well...if u dont like blood....

Im on the 8th episode of Death Note right now.
Pretty good so far.