PDA

View Full Version : RMT Latias U-Turn abuse

Leman
01-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Ok, so this team if for the Supsect ladder, and its been doing well. (25th on suspect ladder) I can't really seem to get it much higher, though. The whole team revolves around U-turn around the huge number of Steels on the suspect ladder, so that Dugtrio and Mangezone can slaughter them, leaving the field wide open for a Latias or Salamence Sweep.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/212-m.png

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

CB Scizor makes a great antilead. Bullet Punch destroys the frail Focus Sash lead, and U-Turn will do well versus pretty, much any lead. Its not completely useless after the early game either. Midgame, it can lure out Pokemon like Heatran and Magnezone for Dugtrio, with U-Turn. It also counters Tyranitar and Latias well, and Tyranitar needs to be gone for Latias to sweep.

However, I'm thinking Jirachi would be a better lead.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/051-m.png

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Claw

He destroys Heatran and Magnezone, both of which are common switch in to Scizor and Jirachi. Thats really all he does. He can't 2HKO Blissey thou, he needs a Choice Band for that. Its the only problem with him. Other wise he gets the job done well. Experimenting with the items though.

http://serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/462.png

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone takes care of the other steels that Dugtrio cannot handle. Thunderbolt does a huge amount of damage to most of the steels in the metagame, do to their low SDef, and Magnezone's great SAtk. HP Ice makes it a decent switch in to some Latias, and lets it beat Salamence and Flygon who are locked in on Outrage. Explosion deals with Blissey nicely who thinks she can wall it.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/385.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP/148 Atk/112 Spd
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Trick

This is the second U-Turner on my team. I don't really know why I don't lead with it, because Its basically a lead set. =/ The EVs give it 300 Atk exactly, and the Speed Evs have just enough to out speed Aerodactyl and slower. It can Trick the Scarf on mons who think they can wall him, and can use U-Turn like Scizor, except Jirachi gets a fast U-Turn, and Scizor has a slower one. Also the only mon with Stelath Rocks, which are always helpful. I've been experimenting with the last few move slots.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/380.png

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP/176 Spd/120 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Surf

A basic Bulky CM set here, which works wonders after Duggy and Magnezone eliminate the steel types. Dragon Pulse+Surf hits everything except the occasional Empoleon, who gets slaughtered by Magnezone. There really not much to say about her, other than she's cool. :D

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/373-m.png

Salamence (F) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Yachemence is a destructive force to be reckoned with. Its a lot like Garchomp, except you can't revenge kill him without a Scarf or Scizor, but he, like Latias, doesn't come in until the field is clean of Steels. He's pretty Standard, so not much to say here.

RMT! :D

Leman
01-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all the rates, guys. =/

Yoda55
01-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Do you want us to rate it, like out of 10 stars or to help you make it better?

Leman
01-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Do you want us to rate it, like out of 10 stars or to help you make it better?

To help make it better, please. D:

SaviorSephiroth
01-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Ok, so this team if for the Supsect ladder, and its been doing well. (25th on suspect ladder) I can't really seem to get it much higher, though. The whole team revolves around U-turn around the huge number of Steels on the suspect ladder, so that Dugtrio and Mangezone can slaughter them, leaving the field wide open for a Latias or Salamence Sweep.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/212-m.png

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

CB Scizor makes a great antilead. Bullet Punch destroys the frail Focus Sash lead, and U-Turn will do well versus pretty, much any lead. Its not completely useless after the early game either. Midgame, it can lure out Pokemon like Heatran and Magnezone for Dugtrio, with U-Turn. It also counters Tyranitar and Latias well, and Tyranitar needs to be gone for Latias to sweep.

However, I'm thinking Jirachi would be a better lead.

Scizor isn't a good option of lead, since Azelf is a very common. Azelf can Flamethrower you and killing you, but, Choice Scarf can solve this problem, reaching 376 of Speed using Jolly Nature.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/051-m.png

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Scarf/Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Claw

He destroys Heatran and Magnezone, both of which are common switch in to Scizor and Jirachi. Thats really all he does. He can't 2HKO Blissey thou, he needs a Choice Band for that. Its the only problem with him. Other wise he gets the job done well. Experimenting with the items though.

Dugtrio is a awesome Pokémon, but using Choice Scarf, fails in 2HKOing a lot of threads, like Starmie. Since Latias counters Heatran, you could use a Jolly Dugtrio with Choice Band. And relax, Jolly Dugtrio outspeed Magnezone even using holding Choice Scarf.

http://serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/462.png

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone takes care of the other steels that Dugtrio cannot handle. Thunderbolt does a huge amount of damage to most of the steels in the metagame, do to their low SDef, and Magnezone's great SAtk. HP Ice makes it a decent switch in to some Latias, and lets it beat Salamence and Flygon who are locked in on Outrage. Explosion deals with Blissey nicely who thinks she can wall it.

The best Steel-trapper in the game wants Naive Nature and 76 EV's on Attack. Now, you can OHKO Blissey with Stealth Rock Support.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/385.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP/148 Atk/112 Spd
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rocks/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Trick
- Stealth Rocks/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Trick

This is the second U-Turner on my team. I don't really know why I don't lead with it, because Its basically a lead set. =/ The EVs give it 300 Atk exactly, and the Speed Evs have just enough to out speed Aerodactyl and slower. It can Trick the Scarf on mons who think they can wall him, and can use U-Turn like Scizor, except Jirachi gets a fast U-Turn, and Scizor has a slower one. Also the only mon with Stelath Rocks, which are always helpful. I've been experimenting with the last few move slots.

Jirachi wants Ice Punch on this set, since you're using Magnezone as your Scizor, Metagross and Forretress counter. Zen Headbutt is a good option for destroy LeadApes.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/380.png

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP/176 Spd/120 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Surf

A basic Bulky CM set here, which works wonders after Duggy and Magnezone eliminate the steel types. Dragon Pulse+Surf hits everything except the occasional Empoleon, who gets slaughtered by Magnezone. There really not much to say about her, other than she's cool. :D

Standard CM Latias. You could use Hidden Power Fight instead Surf, since you will do a decent damage on Lucario, Magnezone and specially Tyranitar.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/373-m.png

Salamence (F) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Yachemence is a destructive force to be reckoned with. Its a lot like Garchomp, except you can't revenge kill him without a Scarf or Scizor, but he, like Latias, doesn't come in until the field is clean of Steels. He's pretty Standard, so not much to say here.

DD + Outrage Mence is a monster, but you should use Dragon Claw instead Fire Blast, because you're using Scizor and Magnezone as your Steel counters.

RMT! :D

In general, a pretty good team. The details are in bold.

-Savior

Leman
01-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Thanks a lot for that rate. :)

You are right about Duggy there, and Ice Punch has been working really well with Jirachi. I think I'll be using Trick/Ice Punch in those slots mostly. I find Scarf redundant on Scizor who's real attraction is Bullet Punch. Bullet Punch 2HKOs Azelf anyways, but I don't get the U-turn. I might try that out.I don't really need Explosion on MAgnezone, its more of a filler. With Blissey, now that Duggy has been banded, I'll just switch him in. Plus I'm not gonna be running SR on Jirachi so yeah. D: Dragon Claw will be worth experimenting around with.

What are IVs for HP Fight on Latias? I thought it lowered Speed which is why I didn't use it. D:

Teo
01-08-2009, 01:14 AM
HP Fighting IV's:

31 HP
31 Atk
30 Def
30 S. Atk
30 S. Def
30 Spe

Base Power 70

SaviorSephiroth
01-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks a lot for that rate. :)

You are right about Duggy there, and Ice Punch has been working really well with Jirachi. I think I'll be using Trick/Ice Punch in those slots mostly. I find Scarf redundant on Scizor who's real attraction is Bullet Punch. Bullet Punch 2HKOs Azelf anyways, but I don't get the U-turn. I might try that out.I don't really need Explosion on MAgnezone, its more of a filler. With Blissey, now that Duggy has been banded, I'll just switch him in. Plus I'm not gonna be running SR on Jirachi so yeah. D: Dragon Claw will be worth experimenting around with.

What are IVs for HP Fight on Latias? I thought it lowered Speed which is why I didn't use it. D:

Outspeeding Azelf on the first turn is sucess, Leman. You can U-Turn him and change to Latias to finalize the work.
Duggy is a bad option to switch-in a Blissey. She can abuse of your low defensive stats and give a Ice Beam, since you're using Jolly. Jolly Dugtrio doesn't 2HKO Bliss. Scizor do a decent work on Bliss, whoever, you need to avoid switch-in on Flamethrower variants.

You can calculate the Hidden Powers at MetalKids.com or something.
HP Fight it's the only way of avoiding the powerful CB Pursuit of Weavile and Tyranitar.

-Savior

Limitless
01-09-2009, 12:18 AM
The problem with that Savior, is that often times Azelf will just explode on the second turn. That is obviously assuming it is the most common variant (Suicide lead). That will thus make Lati incapable of stopping the serious damage to your team.

I do love the option of having a scarf lead to cut the sash out with U-turn. However, you don't have anything that can come in to either outspeed the Azelf or take the hit.

SaviorSephiroth
01-09-2009, 01:23 AM
The problem with that Savior, is that often times Azelf will just explode on the second turn. That is obviously assuming it is the most common variant (Suicide lead). That will thus make Lati incapable of stopping the serious damage to your team.

I do love the option of having a scarf lead to cut the sash out with U-turn. However, you don't have anything that can come in to either outspeed the Azelf or take the hit.

Actually, 10% of Scizors are holding Choice Scarf, because of the new update called Bullet Punch. Because this, the use of Choice Scarf + U-turn can be a surprise factor for any opponent.
Also, Leman have mons capable of survive to Azelf's explosion, like Jirachi and Magnezone.

-Savior

Leman
01-10-2009, 02:21 AM
I'll try out Scarf. Jirachi will deal with Azelf better, though I risk getting owned by Flamer. Wouldn't Azelf just set up rocks first turn, since it would be anticipating a switch, since Scizor is scared of Flamer. In that case, U-turn/ Bullet Punches would just finish it. I do still like the U-turn Scarfed lead thing, and I'm gonna test out Jirachi as a lead, and if that doesn't work, I'll use Scizor witha Scarf and see how that does.

HP Fight is not really gonna work. That 1 Speed point means I will always lose to opposing Gengar and Latias. I tried it acctually. It cost me a match or two acctually, and it never does enough to KO T-tar. Weaville dies, obliviously. (Thanks for the IVs, Teo)

Dragon Claw, doesn't seem to work on Mence. After a Dance, Bronzong walls me, and I just wasted a turn. I'm gonna keep Fire Blast in.

Gyarados is seeming to be a problem here. Jirachi is the most expendable Pokemon, I might switch in out for a a bulky water or something.

Thanks for the rates.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Jirachi with a scarf outspeed azlef right? If so then you can just u-turn to jirachi who can take any of azelfs attacks and ko back seems how it's faster.