PDA

View Full Version : Special Nidoking

Katana Master
01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Hey guys i was thinking of creating a special attacking nidoking so heres what i had in mind....

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmba/dpmba034.png
Nidoking @Life Orb/Choice Specs
Nature: Timd/Modest
Evs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Moveset:
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball/Earthpower

So yeah i'm not so sure about to go with timd for a speed boost or modest for a sp. atk boost. A the items i'm confused on aswell, switch in and get a super effective attack then switch out? Or what???
So yeah advice recomended :biggrin:

Viva la Gofre
01-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm afraid it's already been done, standard SpecsKing runs as following:

Earth Power
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball/Flamethrower

Earth Power is a necesity for reliable STAB. Flamethrower is only really needed in OU play, since the first 3 moves offer equivilant coverage in UU. However in OU it works to hit the floaty steels who give the set trouble (Especially magnezone).

Katana Master
01-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm afraid it's already been done, standard SpecsKing runs as following:

Earth Power
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball/Flamethrower

Earth Power is a necesity for reliable STAB. Flamethrower is only really needed in OU play, since the first 3 moves offer equivilant coverage in UU. However in OU it works to hit the floaty steels who give the set trouble (Especially magnezone).Yeah know i gots the idea when a guy on youtube used one :tongue:

So flamethrower would cover steel types that wouln't take an earthpower, shadow ball would it be worth replacing flamethrower or what?

Viva la Gofre
01-02-2009, 11:06 PM
UU psychic types are primarily defensive like grumpig and hypno, so you can beat on them without too much payback. In OU however psychics like azelf and alakazam are far more capable of ripping you apart, so trying to beat them is slightly pointless. They are also generally frailer, so should you get the chance to attack them any move on the set is likely to tear them up anyway. So yeah, flamethrower for OU, shadow ball for UU.

Katana Master
01-02-2009, 11:15 PM
UU psychic types are primarily defensive like grumpig and hypno, so you can beat on them without too much payback. In OU however psychics like azelf and alakazam are far more capable of ripping you apart, so trying to beat them is slightly pointless. They are also generally frailer, so should you get the chance to attack them any move on the set is likely to tear them up anyway. So yeah, flamethrower for OU, shadow ball for UU.

I'll be doing ou so thanks i'll keep you all posted with any more trouble
*Thread Locked*