PDA

View Full Version : Battle Tower Tycoon: The Triumphant Teams

Scorch Ry
01-03-2009, 09:46 PM
^^ Lots of T's in the title. ^.^

Well anyways, here, we can post the teams that have so far triumphed over the Battle Tower Tycoon Palmer, and perhaps help people to decide what pokemon are best for his two teams. Let's start with the basics: below are both teams that Palmer uses in Round One and Round Two (meaning, the first time you battle him, and the second time). I'm pretty sure that everybody knows of his Special-attacking Rhyperior. XD But for those who don't exactly know what his Pokemon's moves are and want to develop strategies to defeat him, here they are (which can be found here at this website I researched it: http://teenlife.forumcommunity.net/?t=8077809 (Teen Life))

Round One
Milotic @ Salac Berry
Timid-Natured
- Hypnosis
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Rhyperior @ Expert Belt
Quiet-Natured
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rock Wrecker

Dragonite @ Wide Lens
Adamant-Natured
- Dragon Rush
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Iron Tail

Round Two
Heatran @ Brightpowder
Quiet-Natured
- Explosion
- Magma Storm
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold-Natured
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Regigigas @ Chople Berry (Reduces the Power of a Fighting Move)
Adamant-Natured
- Crush Grip
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break

Now, I haven't been able to defeat the Tower Tycoon the second time around, so I switched my Sceptile and replaced it with my Infernape. So here my team I'm using in the Battle Tower. I'm able to get past Round One of the Tower Tycoon. As always I start with my Electivire no matter if he's using Milotic, Dragonite, or Rhyperior first (although he always start with Milotic). The majority of the time my Electivire is fast enough to strike it down with Thunderpunch, but there have been a few times where Milotic attacked first and put my Electivire to sleep w/Hypnosis. If not, I use Thunderpunch on Milotic, Earthquake x2 on Rhyperior (Electivire usually survives any of Rhyperior's attacks, that thing never seems to use Rock Wrecker on me), and Ice Punch on Dragonite. However, if Electivire is put to sleep by Milotic and is eventually knocked out, I put Garchomp to the case and use Swords Dance. My Garchomp survives Dragon Pulse from Milotic, and we just sweep the team away. If Garchomp is knocked out, then my Infernape plays the same role - Nasty Plot, then Grass Knot on Milotic, Grass Knot on Rhyperior, and I usually use Flamethrower on Dragonite (does decent damage with x1 usage of Nasty Plot).

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Adamant-Natured
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

Infernape @ Wise Glasses
Rash-Natured
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Naughty-Natured
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Post your teams here. ^^

Vlad The Impaler
01-04-2009, 11:22 AM
I used this team, it beat him both times:

Yanmaga @ Focus Sash
Modest
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Hypnosis
-Protect

Gyarados @ Leftovers (it's the BulkyDos)
Adamant
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-Hidden Power Ice
-Grass Knot

The main idea is to use Yanmega to wreak as much havok as possible. Focus Sash helps if Hypnosis misses, etc. If anything threatens it, I can usually switch in to Gyarados, get an Intimidate and DD sweep. Infernape is to clean everything up. The only slight problem I had was with his Rhyperior, as my team is Rock-weak. Therefore, I had to sacrifice Yanmega to get Infernape in safely to Grass Knot.

I hope this helps people :happy: