PDA

View Full Version : As Soon as Everyone Leaves Shoddy, I Come Up With a Semi-Decent Team...

Vlad The Impaler
01-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Well, as the title suggests, I have made this team on Shoddy. Most of them are Smogon standard sets, and I have tweaked one or two. It's your bog-standard all-OU team, with a difference. No Scizor, Heatran or Zapdos! Well, without further ado...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa474.png

"Super Duck" @ Choice Scarf
Adaptability
Modest
6 HP/252 Sp.Attack/252 Speed
-Tri Attack
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Trick

This is pretty self-explanitory. If it's a support lead, I can lock it into Stealth Rock or Taunt. If not, I can just attack it. It OHKO's Infernape on the switch before it has a chance to Mach Punch or Vacuum Wave. Great at coming in late game and tidying up.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa068.png
"Four Armed Freak" @ Leftovers
No Guard
Adamant
252 HP/252 Attack/6 Speed
-DynamicPunch
-Ice Punch
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Standard RestTalker. Absorbs status for my team. I am wondering whether to use Guts to get the boost while I am asleep and switch DynamicPunch for Cross Chop? Can I get some help on this please?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa462.png
"Big...Hairy...Magnets" @ Choice Scarf
Magnet Pull
Naive
76 Attack/182 Sp.Attack/252 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire
-Flash Cannon
-Explosion

Choice Scarf Magnezone suprises most people, as they think it's the Steel Killer set. It still traps steels and kills them off with HP Fire, with Heatran being the only exception. Comes in late game and gets a quick Explosion in. It can also come in on Outraging Flygons and the like.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa232.png
"Rawr" @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
252 HP/6 Attack/252 Defence
-Rapid Spin
-Eathquake
-Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock

Standard Donphan spinner. It has helped me intricky situations -- mostly by spinning away rocks which nullify Sashes that Porygon has tricked onto itself. I don't know which move in the last slot will benifit me most -- I could do with some guidance on that too.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa245.png
"Big Gerbil" @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
252 HP/252 Defence/6 Sp.Attack
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Calm Mind
-Roar

My Phazer and CM Tank. This thing works really well, and can come in on Scizor Bullet Punches and Calm Mind up. Roar is to get rid of Cursers, the most annoying being Snorlax.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfsa/dpmfsa461.png
"Pinky" @ Expert Belt
Pressure
Jolly
40 HP/252 Attack/218 Speed
-Night Slash
-Pursuit
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break

My Revenge Killer and Late-Game Sweeper. The HP EVs allow it to survive an Azelf Flamethrower on the switch and KO back with Pursuit when it tries to get away. Ice Punch over Ice Shard because Aero is easily dealt with by Suicune, and the extra power is greatly needed. This thing needs changing. I need some suggestions.

...Well there you have it --- RMT!

LocamotionEX
01-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Looks ok, just be sure to watch out for fighting type moves

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Once Cune dies CB BP Scizor will rape your team as long as it's mid to late game I would suggest another scizor counter and other Machamps can hurt you bad to maybe put a zapdos in there.

Vlad The Impaler
01-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Looks ok, just be sure to watch out for fighting type moves

That didn't really help, but thanks anyway.

Once Cune dies CB BP Scizor will rape your team as long as it's mid to late game I would suggest another scizor counter and other Machamps can hurt you bad to maybe put a zapdos in there.

Scizor won't really. If it's stuck into Bullet Punch, Magnezone can trap it and nail it with HP Fire.

And I dunno about a Zapdos...I was trying to avoid using it...

Verystrait42
01-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I dont really like the Machamp on this team, just seems out of place.

SaviorSephiroth
01-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Looks a solid team, whoever:

@Porygon-Z: Since you have Machamp, Hidden Power Fighting isn't necessary. Machamp neutralizes really well any Tyranitar. So choose Thunderbolt, specially you can outspeed Gyarados even with a Dragon Dance.

@Machamp: Since you're not using Stone Edge, use Guts. Change Dynamicpunch for Close Combat or Cross Chop.

@Magnezone: Looks ok, it's your best Forretress and Scizor counter there, but if you want KO Blissey with Explosion, choose Naive Nature and put 76 in Attack.

@Donphan: It's ok. I prefer Stealth Rock above Knock Off.

@Suicune: Since you're using Thunderbolt on P-Z, I prefer Ice Beam over HP Electric. You can set-up Calm Minds in most of Water Pkmns.

@Weavile: Use SD + Focus Sash in this Weavile. For late-game, it's the best choice.

-Savior

Viva la Gofre
01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Savior, RestTalk champ always carries dynamic punch for the confusion, as it PHazes anything that attempts to set up on it. It also hits far harder than brick break and close combat results in a loss of bulk.

-Holland-
01-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Savior, RestTalk champ always carries dynamic punch for the confusion, as it PHazes anything that attempts to set up on it. It also hits far harder than brick break and close combat results in a loss of bulk.

Plus, Cross Chop is pretty much Stone Edge with nice STAB, so No Guard is best if Machamp really is absorbing status. On Machamp, though, I'm a bit compelled to recommend Payback, and you have Porygon-Z to kill Gliscor, and Payback offers perfect coverage, which is great for Machamp because he's so damn powerful. Moreover, Rotom is often found plaguing you with burns and paralysis, as is Celebi; both of whom can have their faces blown in by Payback, thanks to Machamp's awful Speed.

Also, Scizor isn't that awful to this team. I mean, he's free to U-Turn all he wants, but if he kills anything, Magnezone can revenge kill him in a heartbeat. That's how I learned it, >_>. Although, the team does require getting something killed to reliably kill it...so...

Honestly, Weavile doesn't seem to fit in that well. On this team, he kind of seems like a lame Machamp, really, and given the relative stranglehold Scizor holds on this team, you can cope with a Steel weakness, but given that Weavile doesn't have a Fire move to maim Scizor and that he is always going to be OHKO'd by U-Turn, it doesn't seem worth it, because any Scizor with half its HP or more (or even less) is never going to waste Bullet Punch on Weavile - ever. In his place, you'll likely want a good lure for Bullet Punch, or something that scares away Scizor regardless. A good place to start would be Salamence, and maybe you can work something out from there.

As for Suicune, you'll want Ice Beam over Hidden Power Electric. HP Electric is only worth the shot if you're that afraid of Gyarados. Mind you, Suicune's a great counter, but you've taken care of Gyarados for the most part as it is.

For everything else...pretty good. Just watch out on that Fighting weakness. You might want to do something about getting a Flying type or a reliable Fighting resistance, because your team is relatively slow, and a Breloom can sweep it with Swords Dance if you let it.

SaviorSephiroth
01-07-2009, 11:25 PM

Gofre, I meant if he going to use Guts. Dynamicpunch is inacurrate, and you know, Cross Chop have a great chance of giving some critical hits.
But, if he keeps with No Guard, oblivious Dynamicpunch is better.

Vlad The Impaler
01-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys, I'll edit it now.

I think Machamp'll stay as it is for now. But what should I use instead of Weavile? Maybe a DD Mence? It'd give me the fighting resistence I need.