PDA

View Full Version : Colbs' Sketchtastic Artses

xcolbs
01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Man, I haven't drawn Pokemon in a long time. I was just randomly inspired tonight, so I whipped up a couple of quick sketches and I thought I'd share them. I'll add more in the future, and I might upload some to my deviantART account (http://helterskellter.deviantart.com) if I like 'em enough. Anywho, onward!

~~~

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/helterskellter/jaxie_gurl.jpg
Jaxie, mah Luxray. She is a tad arrogant, extremely vain and rather lethal. She also has a secret crush on Memphis (she likes big, strong and slightly chunky types I s'pose, lawl).

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/helterskellter/memphis_rawr.jpg
Memphiiiis~ He's quick-tempered, haughty, and pretty much the head honcho of my team...or, at least, he's vying for the position, as he and Soleil are constantly fighting over the alpha status, lol. Yeahh, that's Jaxie drooling in the background. Who knows why she's so infatuated with a steel penguin. XD

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/helterskellter/soleil_and_lexi.jpg
Yay, wrinkles! :D Ahh, Soleil, my one and only. He pretty much hates everything and is always going toe-to-toe with Memphis. He also gets bugged by Lexi, my hyperactive, battle-happy Weavile, all the time. Thankfully, he has a soft spot for her (though he'd never admit it), and can tolerate her to some degree. She really needs to lay off the Candies, though. e_e

~~~

The rest of my team and more sketches are coming soon! ^_^

Pink Leon
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
WOW!! these are AWESOME!! :razz:
i love the faces. they have some character! okay, not some-- a LOT!
0.0;
very impressive compared to some of stuff 'round here.
hey, thats funny - my bro's name is Colby, too. xD

xcolbs
01-12-2009, 11:22 PM
WOW!! these are AWESOME!! :razz:
i love the faces. they have some character! okay, not some-- a LOT!
0.0;
very impressive compared to some of stuff 'round here.
hey, thats funny - my bro's name is Colby, too. xD

Aw, thank-you, I'm very glad that they come off as expressive! <3

Haha, that's awesome, and a strange coincidence! XD

PapaLuLu27
01-12-2009, 11:27 PM
You're art is awesome :3 The details and smooth lines put into it are awesome x3 Actually, I wouldn't really say smooth xD I really like your art, and everybody really shows their character, I also wonder why a Luxray is drooling over steel-bound penguin 0_____o

.:~Luis~:.

xcolbs
01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
You're art is awesome :3 The details and smooth lines put into it are awesome x3 Actually, I wouldn't really say smooth xD I really like your art, and everybody really shows their character, I also wonder why a Luxray is drooling over steel-bound penguin 0_____o

.:~Luis~:.

Hehe, thanks! <3 Meh, unfortunately my pen pressure seems to be off, and I was too lazy to fix it so the lines weren't as smooth as I wanted them to be. Oh well, lol. XD;

Haha, yeahh, it is an oddball relationship. XDD Er...I shouldn't even say 'relationship', since Memphis is totally oblivious to the whole thing. Either that or he tries to ignore it, lol. :B

TotodileHop24
01-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Those are some great sketches! Smooth flowing outlines, nice expressions and you've made their stances flow really well... loose-like, heh.

You have a great talent in your artwork, and I'll be sure to "pe2kwatch" you. ^^

xcolbs
01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Those are some great sketches! Smooth flowing outlines, nice expressions and you've made their stances flow really well... loose-like, heh.

You have a great talent in your artwork, and I'll be sure to "pe2kwatch" you. ^^

Thank-you so much, I appreciate it! :D

I shall update ASAP; I'm glad you enjoi! ^_^

EmBreon
01-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Those are very impressive, I love how easily you portrayed each of their emotions.

The images from your deviantART account are also really cool; the way you draw is very...fluid. I don't know if I've seen something quite like it before.

Nice.

xcolbs
01-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Those are very impressive, I love how easily you portrayed each of their emotions.

The images from your deviantART account are also really cool; the way you draw is very...fluid. I don't know if I've seen something quite like it before.

Nice.

Gah, thank-you so much... :redface: I truly appreciate it, and I am flattered. <3

Sixto
01-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Awesome. Very nice. I love it because I sketch too! Take a look at my thread if you have the time. Link is on my signature.

One of my favorite PE2K artisits already.

Woodchuck
01-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Your style is so original. I love how they all show so much expression. It's all very impressive. Great job! ;]
-Jake-

xcolbs
01-18-2009, 03:12 AM
@ Sixto - Thank-you so much! 8D I quite enjoy your sketches as well, especially the one of Salamence; I love the pose! You are very good at drawing Pokemon in the official style, making your sketches authentic. :)

@ Jacob - Aw, thank-you! I love drawing expressions, hehe. I'm glad they're believable! ^_^

Mitsuzo-kun
02-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Your drawings actually have character. They're amazing. So much better than just drawing Pokemon. You've given your art personality. *high five*

Huge fan.

Tombi
02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Aaah, the Luxray's hind leg gave me strange feeling in my pelvis. 8D

What brush settings do you use for your lineart?