PDA

View Full Version : Rate my platinum team (Quite succesful)

Brikien93
01-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Ok on shoddy, I made a team using some platinum moves (3 to be exact) and this team does really REALLY good when it comes to fighting OU's and the like.

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Bold nature
White Smoke
EV's: 252 HP, 200 Def, 58 Sp atk
Lava Plume
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Earth Power <---Plat move
{Not the best spinner in the world, but he gets the job done as it is =) Also serves as primary scizor counter}

Blastoise @ Choice Scarf
Timid nature
Torrent
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Sp atk, 6 HP
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Signal Beam <---Plat move
{With a choice scarf and +speed nature, he outruns jolly weavile. Very few opponents expect a turtle to outspeed them. Signal Beam serves as defense against Celebi}

Articuno @ Leftovers
Calm nature
Pressure
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp Def
Ice Beam
Roost
Substitute
Heal Bell
{Team Cleric. Causes lots of trouble for opponents}

Dunsparce @ Leftovers
Impish nature
Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP, 102 Def, 156 Sp def
Glare
Headbutt
Rock Slide
Roost
{Bulky Flinch-haxer. Most people underestimate it, until it destroys them >=) and it does a good job at destroying things too}

Flygon @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
Levitate
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Def
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge
{Counters multiple foes, and is also my favorite pokemon of all time}

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Adamant nature
Sand Veil
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 HP
Thunderpunch
Seed Bomb
Sucker Punch
SuperPower <---Plat move
{Probably the strongest pokemon of the team, coming off a massive 469.3 attack stat. My Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Gyarados, Salamence, Blissey, and All steel type pokemon counter}

Also while I'm here, I wonder if I can get a rate of a gimmicky forretress I made, it did pretty well in battle.

Forretress @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
Sturdy
EV's: 252 Spd, 212 Atk, 40 HP
Rock Polish
Explosion
Earthquake
Rock Slide
{lol polish-forretress, only I would make such a thing}

Please rate the platinum team, and if you have any helpful suggestions, feel free to give them to me. Also if you suggest a set, do me a favor and make sure it's not found on smogon =/

Vlad The Impaler
01-14-2009, 06:27 AM
Use T-Wave over Glare on Dunsparce...I know you can't hit Ground-types, but Glare's accuracy is far too shaky...

cutter kirby
01-14-2009, 11:42 AM
people dont like to use articuno because its 50% damage when you switch in with stealth rock on the field.

Brikien93
01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
That may be so, but I see people use yanmega and ninjask all the time. The main reason people don't use articuno very often, is because they don't take the time to realize it's true potential. I took the time, and it has been a very valuable addition to my team, capable of scaring off even the likes of Blissey. And anyone that thinks they can come in and beat my articuno at a stall war, well then they are sadly mistaken.

And to luvdisc, this dunsparce had twave, but Not being able to hit key ground types like enemy flygon and the like, was really screwing it over so I changed it to glare. Yeah it misses on occasion, but it gets the job done better.

shucklerules
01-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Use Outrage over Dragon Claw on Flygon.

Verystrait42
01-15-2009, 02:51 AM
its hard to be a cleric when you lose 50% of your own health when coming in. With rocks on the field, it really cant come in on much but Ground moves.

Brikien93
01-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Well I'm starting to get the feeling you people want me to replace articuno, but that's not going to happen. It is the perfect addition to my team, and torkoal is perfectly capable of getting rid of the rocks on his own, and he can threaten a burn on those hard hitting physical attackers out there. Sure on occasion the rocks bypass torkoal, but articuno can handle the 50% loss, and can roost off the damage against slower foes.

As for outrage, I might consider it for the added power.

Poke_Sakif
01-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok on shoddy, I made a team using some platinum moves (3 to be exact) and this team does really REALLY good when it comes to fighting OU's and the like.

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Bold nature
White Smoke
EV's: 252 HP, 200 Def, 58 Sp atk
Lava Plume
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Earth Power <---Plat move
{Not the best spinner in the world, but he gets the job done as it is =) Also serves as primary scizor counter}

Blastoise @ Choice Scarf
Timid nature
Torrent
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Sp atk, 6 HP
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Signal Beam <---Plat move
{With a choice scarf and +speed nature, he outruns jolly weavile. Very few opponents expect a turtle to outspeed them. Signal Beam serves as defense against Celebi}

Articuno @ Leftovers
Calm nature
Pressure
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp Def
Ice Beam
Roost
Substitute
Heal Bell
{Team Cleric. Causes lots of trouble for opponents}

Dunsparce @ Leftovers
Impish nature
Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP, 102 Def, 156 Sp def
Thunder Wave
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Roost
{Bulky Flinch-haxer. Most people underestimate it, until it destroys them >=) and it does a good job at destroying things too}

Flygon @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
Levitate
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Def
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge
{Counters multiple foes, and is also my favorite pokemon of all time}
Wow, you really thought out these moves! Flygon is great!

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Adamant nature
Sand Veil
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 HP
Thunderpunch
Seed Bomb
Sucker Punch
SuperPower <---Plat move
{Probably the strongest pokemon of the team, coming off a massive 469.3 attack stat. My Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Gyarados, Salamence, Blissey, and All steel type pokemon counter}

Also while I'm here, I wonder if I can get a rate of a gimmicky forretress I made, it did pretty well in battle.

Forretress @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
Sturdy
EV's: 252 Spd, 212 Atk, 40 HP
Gyro Ball (Sometimes, you can take advantage of slow Pokemon by teaching them Gyro Ball)
Explosion
Earthquake
Rock Slide
{lol polish-forretress, only I would make such a thing}

Please rate the platinum team, and if you have any helpful suggestions, feel free to give them to me. Also if you suggest a set, do me a favor and make sure it's not found on smogon =/

Changes in bold.
Great team! Your Flygon is AWSOME!

Brikien93
01-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Woo thanks for the suggestions, as for the EQ on dunsparce, I prefer to abuse Serene Grace as much as I possibly can lol Also your right, twave has done better than glare so far, so I changed it back.

And for the forretress, he's a polish-forretress, so gyro ball is a bit strange for something that's going to be hauling after a polish lol

Thanks again =)