PDA

View Full Version : PLease rate pre-elite4 team

hoist_the_colors
01-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey, I decided to start a new game in pearl because I got tired of waiting for Platinum to come out. This is going to be the team I am going to fight the Elite 4 with:

NOTE: This symbol (--------) means that I have trouble coming up with moves, any help would be appreciated. I am also missing my last pokemon, which I need to be my water pokemon, I am open to all suggestions. Feel free to come right out and say what you think, you don't have to sugar-coat it. Thank you!

1. Infernape (Flare Blitz, Close Combat, -------, ---------)
2. Staraptor (Brave Bird, Fly, Close Combat, --------)
3. Luxray (Thunder Fang, Crunch, Thunder, --------)
4. Drapion (Crunch, Cross Poison, --------, --------)
5. Abomasnow (Grasswhistle, Wood Hammer, Blizzard, Ice Punch)
6. ?

xcolbs
01-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Infernape @ Life Orb
Hasty nature
24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
~ Flamethrower
~ Close Combat
~ Nasty Plot
~ Grass Knot

Infernape works best as a MixApe, and with STAB, Flamethrower and Close Combat make Infernape a force to be reckoned with (it shouldn't have too much trouble taking a chunk out of, or OHKOing, Steels). Use Nasty Plot to OHKO bulky Waters, especially prominent threats like Suicune and Swampert, with a powered-up Grass Knot.

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Brave Bird
~ Return
~ Close Combat
~ U-Turn

Use Close Combat strictly against Rock- and Steel-types, and definitely Blissey. Brave Bird and Return are two attacks that truly define Straptor's ridiculous Attack power, especially with the STAB benefits. U-Turn is a very handy move in which, after attacking, you can pull back Staraptor and send out another Pokemon to counter your opponent. It's definitely a good move to hold on to.

Luxray @ Life Orb
Rash/Naive nature
Intimidate
120 Atk / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
~ Ice Fang
~ Thunderbolt
~ Crunch
~ Howl

Luxray does wonderfully as a mixed attacker. First off, you should get rid of Thunder and replace it with Thunderbolt (with STAB it can do a hefty amount of damage to Water types); Thunder misses too much and it too risky to use. Also get rid of Thunder Fang and teach it Ice Fang; this will take care of Grass- and, if it comes down to it, Dragon-types. Crunch is a solid attack, so it wouldn't hurt to hold on to it. As for the fourth move, Howl is always a good choice to give a nice boost to your Attack.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Impish nature
Battle Armor
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Crunch
~ Taunt
~ Whirlwind

Since your team has enough offensive members, it might be best to make your Drapion more on the defensive side. Taunt is always a great move to use when switching in, and Toxic Spikes will ruin your opponent's day. Crunch is thrown in to help it be offensive if the need arises, and Whirlwind whisks threats away. It's up to you if you want to switch in Drapion early on to use Toxic Spikes.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Timid nature
6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Blizzard
~ Focus Punch

Abomasnow may be tricky since he summons Hail automatically, and all of your party members will be affected by it. Also beware of Abomasnow's many weaknesses, including its 4x Fire weakness. That isn't to say Abomasnow is unreliable, however. Although he has several different uses, SubSeeding might be the way to go since your team is offensive enough at the moment. Set up a Substitute and use Leech Seed to annoy your opponent, and with Snow Warning, Blizzard will be 100% accurate and can prove to be a viable threat to Dragons (an OHKO for Salamence is totally possible due to its 4x Ice weakness). Focus Punch will totally destroy Weavile and Blissey. Just be careful when using Abomasnow, especially with its Stealth Rock weakness.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy nature
Levitate
252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
~ Gyro Ball
~ Stealth Rock
~ Hypnosis
~ Earthquake

As for the last Pokemon on your team, you are definitely in need of a Special Wall or Support Pokemon. One of my personal favourites would have to be Bronzong; it makes an excellent Wall/Staller against both Physical and Special attacks. It can also set up Stealth Rock, so with its defenses it's a good Pokemon to send out early in the game if you wish to set up Stealth Rock early. If not, you can always set up Stealth Rock later in the game to take your opponent by surprise, especially if you've taken out his Spinner. Hypnosis is always deliciously wicked, and Gyro Ball deals a nice amount of damage with its STAB. Earthquake takes care of Pokemon who aren't affected by Gyro Ball (i.e., Infernape and Heatran). For extra fun, switch in Bronzong when the opponent is about to use Earthquake (using Fire- or Electric-types as bait is risky but always an option as an incentive for the opponent to use EQ; just make sure their Speed is higher than the opponent's so they won't get hit before they switch out). Bronzong's Levitate ability will render EQ useless, and so hit your opponent with Hypnosis and EQ it yourself, and you will take a chunk out of Fire- or Rock-types that happen to know the move.

~~~

Well, those are my suggestions. If you find yourself in some trouble after modifying the team, you might need to replace one of your Sweepers with a Support Pokemon like Miltank to keep your team on its feet. Good luck! :)

Poke_Sakif
01-18-2009, 01:57 PM
This team is really easy to use and isn't best for competitive play.

1. Infernape (Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Flamethrower, Calm Mind/Nasy Plot)
2. Staraptor (Brave Bird, Fly, Close Combat, Aerial Ace)
3. Luxray (Thunder Fang, Crunch, Thunderbolt/Discharge, Charge)
4. Drapion (Crunch, Cross Poison, Ice Fang, Knock Off)
5. Abomasnow (Grasswhistle, Wood Hammer, Blizzard, Ice Punch)
6. Gastrodon (Surf, Rain Dance, Recover, Mud Bomb)

Strategy

Elite Four Aaron: Use Infernape's Flamethrower for every one except Heracross and Drapion. Use Staraptor for Heracross and Gastrodon's Mud Bomb for Drapion. (Note: Your Drapion's Knock Off can be really halpful for knocking of Sitrus Berries.)

Elite Four Bertha: Use Abomasnow's Wood Hammer for Quagsire and Whiscash. (Note: If you are too worried abou the recoil, you can replace Wood Hammer with Razor Leaf.) The rest should be easy with Gastrodon's Surf and maybe Rain Dance + Surf for Hippopowdon.

Elite Four Flint: Get rid of Rapidash quickly with Gastrodon before he uses Solar Beam. Staraptor can take out Infernape with Brave Bird or Fly. Steelix can be taken down with Gastrodon's Surf and Driftblim with Ice Beam. Use Infernape for Lopunny (Close Combat.)

Elite Four Lucian: Drapion can take down Mr. Mime, Alakazam, and Girafarig with Crunch. Staraptor can take down Medicham with Fly and Bronzong with Infernape's Flamethrower.

Champion Cynthia:
- Spiritomb: Power up Infernape with Nasty Plot or Calm Mind and use Flamethrower.
- Garchomp: Use Blizzard from Abomasnow.
- Gastrodon: Use Abomasnow's Grass-type move (Razor Leaf/Wood Hammer).
- Lucario: Infernape's Flare Blitz.
- Milotic: Luxray's Thunder Fang. (Do not use Thunderbolt or Discharge because she has Mirror Coat.)
- Roserade: Use Staraptor's Brave Bird.

cutter kirby
01-19-2009, 12:32 AM
1. Infernape (Flare Blitz, Close Combat,Thunderpunch,earthquake)
2. Staraptor (Brave Bird, U turn, Close Combat,return)
3. Luxray (Thunder Fang, Crunch, howl,ice fang)
4. Drapion (night slash, Cross Poison,sword dance,earthquake
5. Abomasnow (earthquake, Wood Hammer, sword dance, Ice Punch)
6. Slobro (calm mind,surf,psychic,ice beam)

I think this will be good for the elite 4.Dont use it in competitive battling!

Lucky 1276
01-25-2009, 11:13 PM
In all honesty, you really just need to have all your pokemon at/higher levels then your opponents and it's easy.

Kylie
01-25-2009, 11:15 PM
In all honesty, you really just need to have all your pokemon at/higher levels then your opponents and it's easy.
lol hes right, your just plaing agianst the CPU