PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Alchmeist is back!!!!

scubasteveE
01-19-2009, 04:02 AM
LINK (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-20/new-fullmetal-alchemist-tv-anime-series-confirmed)

I'm so happy:cry:

What do you guys think? I'm stoked about it.

Draconic_Espeon
01-19-2009, 04:19 AM
I have been more than excited since around September. ;D Have you seen the trailer yet? There's a link in my sig. It's legit--it was originally on http://hagaren.jp, which is the official FMA 2 site, though there's another one there now. =/

The art is different, which shall be interesting, though it looks better. It's a lot more detailed, it's not cell-shaded, and it looks a lot more like the manga. That, along with the appearance of Al in armor pretty much confirms that it will be following the manga rather than be an extension of the original anime. I love the manga, so I'm excited for that. ^^

scubasteveE
01-19-2009, 04:30 AM
I just found out about it yesterday(I'm usually the last person to find out about these things)

I'm glad it's going to follow the manga more, I don't really like manga/comics that much, but I have read some of it and it's much better.

Lilium
01-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I just found out about it yesterday(I'm usually the last person to find out about these things)

This time I'm the last. I had no idea, since I don't pay attention to this kind of stuff. Oh well, now I know~

Synester
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I hope they don't ruin it. FMA was a great series. I have a feeling its going to be crappy, but all I can do is hope it isn't :P.

Kenny_C.002
01-20-2009, 04:09 AM
If it's any consolation, it's the same studio (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-11/new-fullmetal-alchemist-anime-staff-confirmed) that made the first FMA that's making this one. As far as I know, they're going to follow the manga 100% this time, since all sources point to FMA the manga ending soon.

Poltergeist
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Too cool. I miss watching FMA on adult swim, and hopefully with the new series coming out AS will be smart enough to pick it up and start showing the series on the weekends once more.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Full Metal Alchemist is honestly one of the best shows ever made I loved every minute of it and I am very excited to hear about a sequel was the movie the last part of the series to be released? I watched a lot of it but missed out the ending sadly but I watched every episode for the tv series and it was just pure greatness nothing bad to say about that show.

Draconic_Espeon
01-31-2009, 05:40 PM
I hope they don't ruin it. FMA was a great series. I have a feeling its going to be crappy, but all I can do is hope it isn't :P.

I've been trying to be optimistic about that. ^^; If it does follow the manga 100%, like it sounds like it will for the most part, I think it'll be great. We'll have to wait for April to see, though.

Dr Scott
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Mmm, I'm not sure if I want it to follow the manga, to be honest ^^;.

I love what they did with it. How the FMA manga writer let them do it themselves, so we ended up with two great and well written FMA stories. I wish more animes did this, when I went to read the manga it was all new and awesome to me.

But yeah, the original anime was awesome and so was the manga.

ShionRasenka
06-05-2009, 05:44 AM
I LOVE the new FMA anime!! From what I've seen so far, it doesn't follow 100% I don't think, but it's pretty damn close, so I still think it'll be good. The new animation is great! It gives a new feeling to the show somehow. FMA is one of the BEST series EVER. PERIOD. I hope the new series will be just as good as the original.

Atropos
06-07-2009, 06:36 AM
I really am excited, but when I watched the trailers, I got confused. I don't wanna sound stupid, but didn't all the homonculi...die? Now they're showing Gluttony, and I saw Lust. But they died...Unless I was watching a video made by a stupid person. But what will they do about the homonculi, because they're my favorite part of the show.

Lord Celebi
06-07-2009, 07:31 AM
I really am excited, but when I watched the trailers, I got confused. I don't wanna sound stupid, but didn't all the homonculi...die? Now they're showing Gluttony, and I saw Lust. But they died...Unless I was watching a video made by a stupid person. But what will they do about the homonculi, because they're my favorite part of the show.

Its a reboot. They're starting from the beginning and then following the manga this time.

Dark Lightning
06-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I LOVE the new FMA anime!! From what I've seen so far, it doesn't follow 100% I don't think, but it's pretty damn close, so I still think it'll be good. The new animation is great! It gives a new feeling to the show somehow. FMA is one of the BEST series EVER. PERIOD. I hope the new series will be just as good as the original.
Don't revive threads over a month old. It's against the rules. :/
I might get into FMA soon though. I suppose around now would be a good time.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
06-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Don't revive threads over a month old. It's against the rules. :/
I might get into FMA soon though. I suppose around now would be a good time.

Bah. It was on the second page. It can be revived. Besides, I didn't see a mod mind... >_>

Anyway. FMA's back? Never really watched the anime, but seeing that it's following the manga, which I've been eading lately (I'm up to volume 14)... I just might watch it. :9

scubasteveE
06-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I watching and it's pretty good. The next episode is 11 and this past episode, Ed, Al, and Winry are on their way to Dublith to see Ed's and Al's master, so it's moving really fast. Also there's suppose to be 13 episodes, so I guess it's going to be broken into seasons.

I really like this more then the other, because the first one was really hard to follow with the fillers and this one just goes along more smoother.

skiboydoggy
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Episode 10.
What do I have to say?

HUUUUGHHHEEESSS!

scubasteveE
06-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Episode 10.
What do I have to say?

HUUUUGHHHEEESSS!
Yeah everyone hated that. SPOILER: Usually I'm ok with deaths in anime, but at his funeral, when his daughter didn't understand I almost lost it ;_; (spoiler is in white text)

Assaundrell Yumerai
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Yay! go Edward and Alphonse(^^)

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Yay! go Edward and Alphonse(^^)

And yay for the fact that the anime's finally following the manga this time. Hopefully. :X

manga1313
07-20-2009, 10:35 AM
i heard about the new series so i started watching fma all over again to remeber the story cause i watched it when i was younger

ShionRasenka
08-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Episode 10.
What do I have to say?

HUUUUGHHHEEESSS!

Yeah everyone hated that. SPOILER: Usually I'm ok with deaths in anime, but at his funeral, when his daughter didn't understand I almost lost it ;_; (spoiler is in white text)
I know how you feel guys, I bawled during that episode.... I felt so bad for everyone.... :sad: :sad: :sad: And episode 17 was JUST WRONG!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: