PDA

View Full Version : Game Suggestion Topic

Kendo
01-20-2009, 11:35 PM
I'd like for this to just be a thread where you can ask "Is this game any good?" or "Any ideas for a game I might like?' . Maybe it could be stickied! :) But before that, I have a question of my own...

I'm an RPG fan, for the most part, but I also like things where you can sort of create-your own stuff (like Drawn to Life (but that's way too hard for me) and LittleBigPlanet, kind of). I also like platformers, but I don't want New Super Mario Bros., either. My only system is the Nintendo DS. I was thinking of onic Chronicles, but I read a review on the Internet and, judging by that, I don't think I'll be getting that game anymore. I don't want Mystery Dungeon 2 and already have Rangers 1 and 2. And I've already played all three Kirby DS games, plus Amazing Mirror for the GBA. Yeah, I know I can get Nightmare in Dream Land, but I don't feel like it.

Anything that could that long blabber of stuff?

George Jefferson
01-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I'd like for this to just be a thread where you can ask "Is this game any good?" or "Any ideas for a game I might like?' . Maybe it could be stickied! :) But before that, I have a question of my own...

I'm an RPG fan, for the most part, but I also like things where you can sort of create-your own stuff (like Drawn to Life (but that's way too hard for me) and LittleBigPlanet, kind of). I also like platformers, but I don't want New Super Mario Bros., either. My only system is the Nintendo DS. I was thinking of onic Chronicles, but I read a review on the Internet and, judging by that, I don't think I'll be getting that game anymore. I don't want Mystery Dungeon 2 and already have Rangers 1 and 2. And I've already played all three Kirby DS games, plus Amazing Mirror for the GBA. Yeah, I know I can get Nightmare in Dream Land, but I don't feel like it.

Anything that could that long blabber of stuff?

RPG:

Uh. None that you described.

Platform:

Sonic Rush is the only one I can think of, the only good recent Sonic game.

As for my own personal recommondations, I'd go with

Advance Wars: Dual Strike or Days of Ruin
Front Mission
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Disgaea DS

Or a flash cart, I got myself an R4, but those are dead now, the company that makes updates for them are dead.

Skottles
01-21-2009, 02:47 AM
I personally like Final Fantasy 3 & 4 on DS. DQM: Jokers is another very good game.

Dark Turtwig
01-21-2009, 03:13 AM
Yoshi's Island DS is a great platform game. It came with my DS, and I fell in love with it. ^.^

spid3r
01-21-2009, 03:15 AM
You guys are leaving off the best RPG for the DS. Chrono Trigger DS, I'd suggest it to anyone who likes RPGs are just good games.

George Jefferson
01-21-2009, 07:29 AM
You guys are leaving off the best RPG for the DS. Chrono Trigger DS, I'd suggest it to anyone who likes RPGs are just good games.

I hate to agree with you, but you're right. Chrono Trigger DS is the best DS game to have. Period.

SO WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUST BUY A FLASH CART, SAY, A CYCLO DS, OR AN EDGE? DOWNLOAD ROMS ONTO A MICRO SD CARD YOU PUT IN, AND YOU'LL PLAY IT IN NO TIME.

Poring
01-22-2009, 10:16 PM
The Trauma Center games for DS are pretty fun. They were challenging, at least for me.

George Jefferson
01-22-2009, 10:24 PM
hurrrr

HEY EVERYBODY, LET'S IGNORE THAT GUY BECAUSE HE'S A TROLL. HE MIGHT KNOW THE BEST OF DEALS, BUT NONE OF IT MATTERS, BECAUSE HE'S A TROLL HURRRR

spid3r
01-22-2009, 11:05 PM
hurrrr

HEY EVERYBODY, LET'S IGNORE THAT GUY BECAUSE HE'S A TROLL. HE MIGHT KNOW THE BEST OF DEALS, BUT NONE OF IT MATTERS, BECAUSE HE'S A TROLL HURRRR

Who's ignoring you? Someone doesn't have to reply to you to take your advice.

scubasteveE
01-22-2009, 11:39 PM
There is a new fire emblem coming out and it looks very good. Grrr there was a newgame that came out a couple weeks ago that is just like drawn to life, but I can't remember its freaking name.:dazed: Oh, I bet you would also like Spores. The one for the pc is better but the one for the ds is decent.

Dancing Mad
01-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Ok I am in a dilemma I am about to beat Final Fantasy IV. After that I will have no DS or GBA games to play (except FF II ugh). I can't decide between these three games.

Chrono Trigger - I have heard it is an awesome game. Plus all of I have been playing lately is Final Fantasy so its something new.

Final Fantasy VI - Arguably the best Final Fantasy games. Plus it has Kefka!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Yeah I know it isn't up to the same caliber of the other two games up here but it likes like something different. With the different battle system and all of the customization. Plus there is a chance that I can get this game cheap enough so I will be able to get either FF VI or Chrono Trigger. So that's why its here.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Chrono Trigger is one of the best games ever but I really want to play FF 6 it's for the GBA right? I have heard people try to claim FF 6 better than 7 but it isn't possible IMO but I still want to play the game just because FF is awesome but honestly all the games you posted are awesome and I reccomend them all so I guess it comes down to which seems more appealing to you.

Seawolf
01-26-2009, 06:36 AM
I need a new game for the 360. I was thinking of Dead Space, Prince of Persia, or Lost Odyssey. If you've played them, let me know what you think of them.

George Jefferson
01-26-2009, 04:47 PM
I need a new game for the 360. I was thinking of Dead Space, Prince of Persia, or Lost Odyssey. If you've played them, let me know what you think of them.

Get Left 4 Dead.

scubasteveE
01-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Get Left 4 Dead.
I agree. It or dead space.

George Jefferson
01-26-2009, 08:12 PM
I agree. It or Orange Box.

fix'd

Seawolf
01-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks, but I'm waiting for a price drop on Left 4 Dead first. The campaign doesn't seem very long. :oops:

Kendo
01-28-2009, 10:30 PM
No Yoshi's Island DS! I already have that and I hate it. The music makes my ears bleed.

Anyways, I think I'll be getting Chrono Trigger, but I hope I don't get sick of seeing Akira Toriyama's artwork everywhere. *points to Dragon Quest !V The Chosen Chronicles and Blue Dragon*

SBaby
02-27-2009, 12:11 AM
The Suikoden series has been pretty good in that regard. With the exception of III and IV (which are decent, but not as good as I, II, and V). You have lots of characters to recruit (think Pokemon, but with people and you don't have to fight most of them first). You get your own castle (or in IV's case, a ship), and you get an army in I, II and V (in IV, you have a crew and in III the battles are more like multi-party battles). But I'd definitely recommend the Suikoden series as one game series in that regard.

Another game series I would recommend is Grandia. While that series doesn't always have the best stories for their games, it uses the best battle system there has ever been in any RPG. I'd say more, but I won't because I want you to see it on one of the video sites (when you see it, you'll probably want to play it if you're any type of RPG fan).

Sonic Chronicles, that's a hit or miss game. It's basically a turn-based battle system, that revolves around minigames. But the storyline is pretty good.

The last game series that I would recommend, and this is ONLY if you're someone who likes games for the story, but the one I'm talking about is Xenosaga. If you played Xenogears and liked that, then you definitely owe it to yourself to play the Xenosaga games.

Crystal king
03-09-2009, 09:10 PM
After a long time of waiting, i'll FINALLY be getting a Wii, but I have a problem, I can't decide on what to get for it :/ I have a few ideas in my head, but i'm really hoping for two or three really good games to keep me occupied for a while. Here is my list:

1) No More Heroes
2) Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
3)Resident Evil 4(That has a Wii version doesn't it?)
4)Okami
5)Madworld
6)Pokemon Battle Revolution (Just for fun)

I'd add Brawl to my list, but what's the point? I only know one person with the game and I don't have Wi-fi. If someone has a suggestion, i'd appreciate it if you PMed me about it.

Thank you.

Ajarr
03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
After a long time of waiting, i'll FINALLY be getting a Wii, but I have a problem, I can't decide on what to get for it :/ I have a few ideas in my head, but i'm really hoping for two or three really good games to keep me occupied for a while. Here is my list:

1) No More Heroes
2) Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
3)Resident Evil 4(That has a Wii version doesn't it?)
4)Okami
5)Madworld
6)Pokemon Battle Revolution (Just for fun)

I'd add Brawl to my list, but what's the point? I only know one person with the game and I don't have Wi-fi. If someone has a suggestion, i'd appreciate it if you PMed me about it.

Thank you.

RE4 is a must, it's a really good game. PBR doesn't let you move around, just battle. As for the other games I don't have them, but I plan on getting them soon.

karmachameleon
03-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Get Chrono Trigger if you're into classic RPGs- it's the best use of the ATB system in any game that I've played. Don't forget about the GBA slot, I highly recommend any of the Mario remakes, Metroid Fusion, and Warioware.

Must haves for DS-
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Mario Kart

Check these out as well-
-Trauma Center 1 and 2
- I haven't played it, but I've heard great things about The World Ends With You
-Scribblenauts- released later this year- if you're into customization, you'll probably love this game. Write anything on the touch screen (like 'bear') and a bear will appear to help you on the top screen, or something like that http://www.scribblenauts.com/

Nirvash
03-09-2009, 10:23 PM
@OP: Chrono Trigger. Final Fantasy IV. Final Fantasy III. Get them in that order or suffer.

@Meg: UHHHHH Yea, Left 4 Dead. Each campaign has a different play through every time, although you do the same things every time. Online play is great. Better for the PC though. Valve games on consoles..... just doesn't work well due to the nature of their games. That applies for TF2 as well. Get them for your 360 though if your computer can't handle it.

Dancing Mad
04-13-2009, 04:22 AM
I am really worn out on all of my Xbox 360 games. Anyone have any suggestions that aren't FPS?

George Jefferson
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
I am really worn out on all of my Xbox 360 games. Anyone have any suggestions that aren't FPS?

Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street fighter IV
Last Remnant (It's decent enough)
Tales of Vesperia
Quake Wars: Enemy Territory (inb4 stfu)

XBLA:

SSFIITHDR
Worms
NOT Crystal Defenders, I can get that sh*t online, for free, in a better form
Castlevania: SotN
Ikaruga
Megaman 9
SFII':HF
Geometry Wars 2
Rez HD
Castle Crashers

That's all I got for you. You never did specify a genre.

Kirby Grunt
04-14-2009, 08:18 PM
I need a platformer. Start suggesting, here are the platformers I already have:
Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros
Super Paper Mario
Yoshi's Island (both DS and GBA)
All three Kirby DS games (I plan on getting both the GBA games though, I traded Amazing Mirror and Knightmare in Dreamland won't save any more)
Sonic Rush (both)
Sonic Advance 1-3
Mario Advance (all except the first one)
Wario Land 4/ : Shake It
Sonic 1 through Sonic and Knuckles/Sonic CD
Sonic Adventure 1/2
Sonic Heroes/Unleashed

Yeah, it's a lot but I'm a platformer fanatic =D

Seawolf
04-14-2009, 08:23 PM
@Meg: UHHHHH Yea, Left 4 Dead. Each campaign has a different play through every time, although you do the same things every time. Online play is great. Better for the PC though. Valve games on consoles..... just doesn't work well due to the nature of their games. That applies for TF2 as well. Get them for your 360 though if your computer can't handle it.

Yeah, I'm getting it eventually. Unfortunately, my 360 is really bipolar at the moment. =/

Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros
Super Paper Mario
All three Kirby DS games (I plan on getting both the GBA games though, I traded Amazing Mirror and Knightmare in Dreamland won't save any more)
Sonic Rush (both)
Sonic Advance 1-3
Sonic Adventure 1/2
Sonic Heroes/Unleashed

This isn't coming out until June, but The Legendary Starfy (http://kotaku.com/5207328/the-legendary-starfy-screens-bring-smiles-to-faces) game that's coming out in the states seems like it's worth looking into. It looks like a fun and adorable little platformer.

George Jefferson
04-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros
Super Paper Mario
Sonic Rush (both)
Sonic Advance 1-3
Sonic Adventure 1/2
Sonic Heroes/Unleashed

If you got a PSP (Shutup, it has a decent quality of games), I'd suggest

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero
Loco Roco

That's all I have.

Kirby Grunt
04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
This isn't coming out until June, but The Legendary Starfy (http://kotaku.com/5207328/the-legendary-starfy-screens-bring-smiles-to-faces) game that's coming out in the states seems like it's worth looking into. It looks like a fun and adorable little platformer.
Okay, I'll get that in... June. D:

If you got a PSP (Shutup, it has a decent quality of games), I'd suggest

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero
Loco Roco

That's all I have.Baw, I don't have a PSP, just a PS3, Wii/Gamecube, and DS/GBA/GBC.

I'm looking forward to another Mario Platformer, but seeing as Nintendo aims more at the casual crowd now, I don't think we'll be getting one.

Oh yeah and I already have Megaman 1-6 and Metroid (all 3 2D platformers/whatever you need tuh call them).

Winter
04-16-2009, 03:47 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I got Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: Echoes of Time and think it's pretty good.

George Jefferson
04-16-2009, 06:45 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I got Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: Echoes of Time and think it's pretty good.

Ds or Wii?

I tried playing it on my R4, but, seeing as the company lost their priveliege(sp) to continue their product, Piracy block made it impossible to play. I can't save.

GUESS I BETTER GET A BETTER FLASH CARD.

karmachameleon
04-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros
Super Paper Mario
Sonic Rush (both)
Sonic Advance 1-3
Sonic Adventure 1/2
Sonic Heroes/Unleashed

You still haven't played the best Mario game, Mario 64. Don't get the DS one, get the virtual console one for $10.

Winter
04-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Ds or Wii?

I tried playing it on my R4, but, seeing as the company lost their priveliege(sp) to continue their product, Piracy block made it impossible to play. I can't save.

GUESS I BETTER GET A BETTER FLASH CARD.
The DS version.

Vincent_Valentine_4
04-17-2009, 03:09 AM
I did not like Mario on the DS at all the 64 one is meant for the 64 I did like New Super Mario Bros though even though I beat the game in under a day. Heck the original Mario Bros took me like 18 years compared to that one.

Kirby Grunt
04-18-2009, 11:59 PM
You still haven't played the best Mario game, Mario 64. Don't get the DS one, get the virtual console one for $10.
Ooops, forgot to mention, I already have that on VC.