PDA

View Full Version : Need help with battle tower team

Brikien93
01-21-2009, 09:58 PM
OK after a year of competitive battling, i've finally decided to start the battle tower challenge. So far, I have a pokemon that makes a wonderful lead, but that's about it =/ With the 1st mon, I also need a dual wall, and a VERY diverse physical sweeper, that can dish out the damage on anything and everything it can.

Here's my good lead:

Rotom @ Lum Berry
Timid nature
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Sp atk, 6 HP
{Levitate}
Shadow Ball
Discharge
Reflect/Light Screen
Thunderwave

Pretty nice lead for the battle tower. As for the dual wall, I don't know what I want, but registeel comes to mind, but I don't know if I really want to use him. As for a physical sweeper, i've considered swords dance empoleon. If you make a suggestion, do me a favor and don't suggest a whole team, just suggestion pokemon. If I see another person suggest ttar, garchomp, and skarmory I think i'll explode like an electrode =(

cutter kirby
01-23-2009, 11:41 AM
electivire! discharge boosts its speed and elecivires earthquake misses rotom!

Brikien93
01-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Electivire could work as a physical sweeper =) How about this as the set:

Electivire @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
{Motor Drive}
240 Atk, 136 Spd, 134 Sp Atk
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Cross Chop
Fire Punch/EQ

What does missing rotom with EQ have to do with anything?

Vlad The Impaler
01-23-2009, 05:14 PM
I think he's thinking of doubles...as Discharge boosts Electivire's speed and Electivire's EQ misses Rotom beacuse of Levitiate...

Dark Turtwig
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
A standard Life Orb Starmie set works WONDERS in the battle tower, as does Azelf. It's all about having type coverage, seeing as people in the battle tower don't really switch out much. ^_^;
Infernape is also a great mixed sweeper, as is Salamence.