PDA

View Full Version : LOST (Possible Spoilers)

spid3r
01-21-2009, 11:50 PM
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2008-01/lost-logo.jpg

Well one of the best shows comes back tonight! Who else here is a fan of this show? It's starting soon in my area and I hope they answer a lot of my questions. I'll discuss what I think of the premiere once it's over tonight. Two hour premiere baby!

The Maple Syrup Baptist
01-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Yes! I might even watch the 1 hour recap that comes first! 3 glorious hours of Lost! I'm drinking some nice white wine in honor of it tonight!

I have been thinking about Lost all day! It is really the only show that I watch, so I am beyond excited! :biggrin:

BTW this should be stickied. My boy spid3r set it up nice with the Lost picture, and there will be much discussion over the next while about the show.

spid3r
01-22-2009, 03:15 AM
Wow, I just sat through three hours of Lost. I thought by far it was the best premiere episode since the pilot. It answered a bunch of questions I've had in the back of my mind and I'm glad I watched the recap on the characters since it explained a few more minor details. They are getting pretty technical on all this time travel stuff, I had to closely pay attention to the show at some points. Though you usually always have to with Lost, but this episode especially. I would have liked to have seen more of Locke and Desmond, but I'm guessing they are saving that for other episodes. And what's up with that old lady Ben was answering to near the end? I don't recall ever seeing her again. By far a fantastic episode and I'm looking forward to this season!

The Maple Syrup Baptist
01-22-2009, 04:38 AM
Wow, I just sat through three hours of Lost. I thought by far it was the best premiere episode since the pilot. It answered a bunch of questions I've had in the back of my mind and I'm glad I watched the recap on the characters since it explained a few more minor details. They are getting pretty technical on all this time travel stuff, I had to closely pay attention to the show at some points. Though you usually always have to with Lost, but this episode especially. I would have liked to have seen more of Locke and Desmond, but I'm guessing they are saving that for other episodes. And what's up with that old lady Ben was answering to near the end? I don't recall ever seeing her again. By far a fantastic episode and I'm looking forward to this season!

The old lady was who Desmond saw when he relived his past when he dumped Penny. She was married to the priest that took in Desmond before he met Penny. I believe she is Daniel Faraday's mother.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
01-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Wow, I thought this thread would have had some activity! New Lost on tonight!

Orthar
02-04-2009, 10:13 PM
I cannot wait for the new episode tonight, hopefully they'll reveal some more information on the status of John Locke. I doubt that he is really dead from the way that Ben has been talking about him, and how he refused to answer Jack when he was questioned about him.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-05-2009, 10:30 PM
My friend tried to get me to watch it but I'm not into drama shows so I don't bother with it.

spid3r
02-07-2009, 02:08 AM
Lost is not a drama at all.

cub0nes_sp0tlessmind
03-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Did anyone watch this most recent episode? OMGwtf?????

Yggdrasill
05-08-2009, 01:39 AM
I was going to make topic on this, but instead of just wasting time; I might as well just revive this. This particular forum isn't that active, anyway.

I have a pretty good idea what's going on around the island now anyway;

The show has now gone further into depth with the whole Egyptian thing, and now with the discovery that Smokey is related to Egyptians and possibly even Anubis (referring to the engraving on the wall) it's pretty obvious where the show is heading now. I just hope they don't mess the ending up.

What's the deal with Richard as well? And Jacob? We need explanations on them urgently J.J!

spid3r
05-08-2009, 02:31 AM
This thread needs more Sayid.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2jrvhu.gif

Charbok
05-08-2009, 03:15 AM
John Locke is the smoke monster, that's all I'm gonna say.

spid3r
05-08-2009, 03:23 AM
John Locke is the smoke monster, that's all I'm gonna say.
Lol, I hope you're not serious.

Charbok
05-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Lol, I hope you're not serious.

I thought it was ridiculous when my friend shot the idea at me too, but think about it.

1. Locke all of the sudden knew where the smoke monster lived.
2. The name of the episode was "Dead is Dead". Which could very well mean that Locke certainly isn't alive.
3. Ben is in the smoke monster’s lair while Locke goes to “find a rope", and then all this crazy stuff happens with Alex and stuff. Then Locke magically shows up right when the smoke monster leaves.

Rewatch the last few episodes pretending that this theory is the truth, and you'll realize it too.

spid3r
05-09-2009, 04:38 AM
Uh no.

1. Locke followed Ben to the smoke monster lair. Remember Ben had to go to his house behind his bookcase to even call for the smoke monster.
2. Most of the time the episode's name has nothing to do with the episode.
3. Locke was waiting at the top of the hole the entire time while Ben was in the lair.

Man you need to start paying attention to the show more clearly.

Fire Pkmn Master
05-09-2009, 04:50 AM
The last episode looks pretty good. I really cant wait to see what happens to the losties....? Will Jack go through with destroying the Swan station or will he be stopped....Locke was starting to scare me in the latest episode....He was alright for a while but in this episode I dont know....

Charbok
05-09-2009, 05:25 AM
Uh no.

1. Locke followed Ben to the smoke monster lair. Remember Ben had to go to his house behind his bookcase to even call for the smoke monster.
2. Most of the time the episode's name has nothing to do with the episode.
3. Locke was waiting at the top of the hole the entire time while Ben was in the lair.

Man you need to start paying attention to the show more clearly.

1. Um, no?

Ben claims that he does not know where the Monster lives, but Locke tells him that he does. Ben and Sun follow Locke to the Temple walls.

2. Follow the Leader, Some Like it Hoth, Jughead, This Place is Death, The Variable; Hell, almost every episode title in Season 5 has something to do with the episode. A prime example from season 4 is "Whatever Happened, Happened"

3. No. Again, from Lostpedia:

Soon afterward, the ground underneath Ben gives way and he falls into another level of the Temple. Locke tells Ben that he will go get something to help Ben back up, and leaves, ignoring Ben's commands not to.

So yea, he "left" right at that time, even when Ben told him not to.

Man, you need to start paying attention to the show more clearly.

spid3r
05-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Do you get all your theories from Lostpedia? Ben lied to Locke about knowing where it was at. Of course Locke knew this which is why he told him he knew where it was at. I'm also quite positive if Locke went and got the rope he could have gotten back in time to rescue Ben. Locke has always been good with tracking and knowing where he's at at all times.

Claiming that Locke is the smoke monster has got to be the dumbest predication I've ever heard from anyone. I'm sure the title of the episode is referring to Faradey. Locke is alive. Alex was the smoke monster, the monster created this being of Alex to warn Ben. The monster is just a security system that's been on the island for who knows how long.

Charbok
05-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Also, since I'm a freak, I randomly looked up something on a bible search engine.
There have been a lot of theories that Lost is tied to religion, so I looked up two thing: John 8:15 (Locke, and the oceanic flight), and John 3:16 (Locke, and the Ajira flight).

John 8:15 says "You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one"
This is odd because the smoke monster apparently is the "judge" of people, and Locke has some sort of connection to the monster. Whether he IS it or not is up for debate, but they have a connection.

John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
This is funny for obvious reasons. Locke did not die and was given life after the 316 crash.

Coincidence? Probably...

Yggdrasill
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
The Monster isn't a Security System, that theory was pretty much debunked the minute "Dead Means Dead" finished. Even if it said by multiple people in the show, there's no reason that Rousseau and her crew member would know it was a Security System when even Ben doesn't know what it is. That is just their 'name' for it.

- A Carving clearly shows the Monster looking down over Anubis.
- Egyptian Hieroglyphics are all around where (underneath the temple) the Monster appears to originate from. Which is out of the stone grate underneath the carving.
- The Monster judges souls.

As Egyptian mythology is now involved I can safely say what the Monster is now: SPOILERS

Ok, we all know the Monster judges people for their crimes, and then decides whether they should live or die depending on if they repent or not. The god of 'judgment' in Egyptian Mythology is Ammit, whereas Anubis is the guide to the Afterlife. If souls weigh more than a feather (in other words, if they are 'evil'), then Anubis gives the souls to Ammit for her to devour. The Monster judges people based on their past life experiences and if they repent it lets them live, if they don't... well... it kills them. And since the show now involves Egyptian Mythology (coupled with the carving) it's pretty much safe to say that the Monster is Ammit.

Basically this is what I think:

- Richard is Anubis. Richard 'guides' people (as said by Ben), he appears to be immortal in terms of aging and appears to know the island pretty much more than anyone else.
- The Monster is Ammit.
- Jacob... well, we'll find out in the next episode.

spid3r
05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2wdsgpi.jpg

Yggdrasill
05-13-2009, 09:17 PM
LOL, awesome. :P

You make that?

I loved Ben's "WTF?" face in that scene.

Charbok
05-13-2009, 10:13 PM
That poster is amazing.