PDA

View Full Version : DB Evolution: What's is wrong with people?

scubasteveE
01-26-2009, 11:21 PM
If you haven't seen the trailer here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64fZMN2Qu0w
I have been on places where people live comments for videos and I have people totally writing of this movie as an epic fail. My gosh how people over react. Way people talked about this movie is if they decided it was going to be mad even before the trailer came out! The way I see it, it could be epic or it could not, but I have the right sense of mind not to make my decision until I see (yes I'm going to see). Now before you make your opinions on it I want to tell you some facts:

-This movie is based on Dragon Ball not Dragon Ball Z. So that is why vegeta, trunks, etc. are not in it.

-(here is the most stupidest one of all people get confused about) Goku is not Japanese! He is an alien! So don't go off why he is not japanese because he is not. I think he was very smart of then not to cast a japanese person to play the role.

-Not all the characters appear in the trailer.

-They do not mention anything of saiyans because the word "saiyan" isn't even mention until DBZ.

Also, whena movie is based off a tv series(much like a book), it is very hard for a writer to put every single detail into a movie since the series is so detailed. So don't freak out if something is not in it.

So I suggestion to wait till it comes before you totally write it off and for pete's sake, DON'T OVER REACT.

Now lets here opinions.

Jack of Clovers
01-28-2009, 12:47 AM
The least they could have done was cast Master Roshi in his age group. :ermm:

I probably won't watch it (anytime soon) simply because I know next to nothing about Dragonball, and the trailer really didn't impress me at all.

I know what you mean though- how people overreact. Jurassic Park, for example, differs vastly from the book, and look how well it did in the theatre. And I'm sure even though the fans complain, they will still watch it.

~Jack~

Soda
01-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Yea I heard about this a long time ago, it will suck, imo.

Okay if this is Dragonball, how come Goku is so old...? I hope Krillin, Yamcha, and a few others make an appearance...

And wtf is up with Bulma, AND Master Roshi? Shouldn't he have gray hair.

I don't like it. :(

*Is still gonna watch.

GreenRampage
01-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Okay same argument. If it's Dragonball, why is Goku like 18? And why does Bulma have guns? She flashed people for her dragonballs >>

I agree with Jack too. Roshi's age could've been much better casted.

Yeah I'll see it, just because I used to love Dragonball (original, Z, and GT), but those little details just rather annoy me

scubasteveE
01-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Well you to remember that this is a movie, it won't follow the anime from start to finish so that is why goku is at eighteen. Don't you think having a real little kid doing all these action stunts is kinda ridiculous? Yeah it works in an anime but not live action.

The master roshi age thing does kind of annoy me too, but could they find some old do like in his 80 that can do all these action stunts? Maybe they couldn't?

Yeah I'm going to see it too, and you never know, we might turn out really good. After seeing the trailer for dragon wars, I never did judge a movie based on the trailer. >>

Synester
01-28-2009, 05:56 AM
If you haven't seen the trailer here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64fZMN2Qu0w
I have been on places where people live comments for videos and I have people totally writing of this movie as an epic fail. My gosh how people over react. Way people talked about this movie is if they decided it was going to be mad even before the trailer came out! The way I see it, it could be epic or it could not, but I have the right sense of mind not to make my decision until I see (yes I'm going to see). Now before you make your opinions on it I want to tell you some facts:

- Goku is not Japanese! He is an alien! So don't go off why he is not japanese because he is not. I think he was very smart of then not to cast a japanese person to play the role.

Umm, you do realize they casted a Canadian actor? And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think Goku knew he was an alien until DBZ; so alot of people dubbed him as Japanese.

-Not all the characters appear in the trailer.

Well, acording to every site I've read, Krillin isn't going to be in it . Krillen was around when Goku was looking for Master Roshi, also why did he wait until he was so old to go find him is what really bothers me .-..

-They do not mention anything of saiyans because the word "saiyan" isn't even mention until DBZ.

If Great Apes aren't mentioned, its going to fail, since that all thats left .-.

Also, whena movie is based off a tv series(much like a book), it is very hard for a writer to put every single detail into a movie since the series is so detailed. So don't freak out if something is not in it.

Well then why put all the little **** in it, and not the important stuff?

So I suggestion to wait till it comes before you totally write it off and for pete's sake, DON'T OVER REACT.
We aren't overeacting, people are just sick and tired of seeing great anime go down the tube cause some otaku American ******* thought it was cool, when he only saw the first damn season of the show.
Now lets here opinions.Comments and bold, and why is Bulma packing so much heat .-. FAIL, they just completly destroyed her character =|

Soda
01-28-2009, 10:28 PM
I think if this was Dragonball Z it would be better...:x. [Doesn't everyone, though? :P]

I wud luv to see live action Majin Buu, plz.

Team Devastation
03-17-2009, 05:07 AM
I was about to see the movie when I saw this thread. Who would even cast an canadian/american kid to be Goku. Anyway, I went to watch it and its still pretty cool.

~TD

Alakazam
03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
What people don't seem to understand is that Dragonball: Evolution is loosely based on the Dragonball anime. Yes, there are some significant differences between the two.

I also don't expect too much from it, but it could be pretty funny...

Kenny_C.002
04-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Apparently the movie was hilariously bad. Others just say it's terribly bad. :O

complexmanifold
04-04-2009, 05:57 PM
The idea of a "live-action Dragonball" sounded bad from the start. I'm not expecting greatness nor am I going to watch it.

Dr Scott
04-04-2009, 06:13 PM
DB / DBZ should never be made into Live Action, it's as simple as that. ANY time that it would be made into Live Action it would fail miserably.

And it's obvious people are going to be angry. DBZ is a major nerd thing, I doubt it will get a lot of hype with non-nerds. So, why would they change something so much when it's obvious fans are going to dislike and hate ANY changes to their beloved manga, especially when the changes are so large? I mean, come on, nerds have bashed nerdy movies that change things for how long now? :P. The whole thing is stupid ...

Though, ironically, the only thing I like is Roshi being played by Chow Yung, but only then because Chow rocks.

skiboydoggy
04-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Watched it, it was terrible as expected.

Synester
04-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Watched it, it was terrible as expected.Same, but I was much more pissed at Yamcha's character :\

Orthar
04-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I've already seen the movie, it's horrible.

-Roshi isn't perverted.
-Goku is some confused teenager going to...highschool? I'm serious.
-The story itself is told horribly due to the low quality of acting as well as a horrible script.

That's only a taste of the cons. This movie never should have been made, it's a disgrace and an abomination to the Dragonball series.

Synester
04-06-2009, 12:06 AM
I've already seen the movie, it's horrible.

-Roshi isn't perverted.
-Goku is some confused teenager going to...highschool? I'm serious.
-The story itself is told horribly due to the low quality of acting as well as a horrible script.

That's only a taste of the cons. This movie never should have been made, it's a disgrace and an abomination to the Dragonball series.Lets not forget they make him look psychic.

Hoshika
04-06-2009, 12:08 AM
-Goku is some confused teenager going to...highschool?

But EVERYBODY'S doing it! That means that the idea is totally great!