PDA

View Full Version : -On Hiatus-

Powerman 6k
02-02-2009, 04:38 AM
Please be advised that this and all other reviews on this thread are held under the rights of me. If you steal any of our material without the permission of me or the writer, then you're screwed.

Please, please just ask me if you would like to reference me or any one else on this thread.

Rules of this thread:
-There will be no spamming or flaming, whatsoever
-I will NOT accept cruel and negative comments. Opinions ONLY
-I do one CD once a day, or, depending on what time I have, whenever I feel like it.
-Send in requests if you would like to review CDs with us!! (to me)

NEW rule:

Please classify the genre of music you will be reviewing before you start your review. This change applies to my latest post [July 9th, 2009] and posts thereafter. Please do as you're told...
If you don't know the genre, then use WIKIPEDIA.ORG as a reference. Simply type in the band's name and there you go. If the genre is not right, then someone message the person who
doesn't have it right and tell them the correct type of music.

Judges/Reviewers
-The Thoughts of Warhol-
-lazydaisy-
-Lord Lucario-

and anyone else, feel free to post on my thread, also.

Well. This is just a thread I created to discuss and review CD's I've recently listened to or bought. I'll kick things out with Fall Out Boy's new work,

'Folie Deux'

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/47/Fobfolie.jpg/200px-Fobfolie.jpg

Well. Fall Out Boy's poppy sound never ceases to amaze me. And with this CD, they give a more mature approach to their usual sound. The CD starts out with a very quiet organ-sounding chorus, that generally builds up, and then has Patrick Stump's entrancing vocals chiming in. And then, of course, the band bursting in with their brilliant, happy sound. You have "Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes". And of course, an amazing opening, as usual.

The CD continues with Fall Out Boy's first single off the CD, "I Don't Care", which sounded like a Marilyn Manson song for a moment, then the band comes in with Patrick's vocals, again. A very good song altogether.

It goes on with their usual up-beatness, but more to this CD than "From Under the Cork Tree" and "Infinity on High". And with guest appearances such as Lil' Wayne, Elvis Costello and Brendon Urie (from Panic! At the Disco), it just completes the circle. Production by Pharrell Williams (N.E.R.D). That alone shoots it up my list of favorite CDs of all time.

Final Score: 94%

MaskedJackal
02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Killing on Adrenaline
By: Dying Fetus
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4021/dyingfestuskillinghj7.jpg

Let me start off by saying that while I'm not a big fan of slam/death, Dying Fetus always manages to win me over. I don't know if it's because they're more technical than the majority of slam, or that the Waking the Cadaver-esque garbage that seems to run rampant within the scene today has sort of given me a bad impression of the rest of the genre, but I like them. Now that that's out of the way, I'll cut the crap and get straight to the music.

The album kicks off with the title track, and almost immediately you are hit with pummeling blast beats, a brutal yet catchy riff, and bass-heavy production. Next comes some double-bass drumming followed by an incredibly thick groove. This is pretty much what the entire album sounds like. It alternates between blasting and grooving, with a few technical, yet tasteful solos scattered about. As for the vocals, it switches between John Gallagher's low-pitched, gutturals and Jason Netherton's almost shout-like growling.

Next up is "Procreate the Malformed". It kicks off with some catchy sweep-picking over double-bass drumming, followed by more crunchy groove riffs. The album's first solo is found around 3:50, and is wildly technical, yet fitting, and placed in a nice spot. The following track, "Fornication Terrorists" is structured similarly, and clocks in at around five and a half minutes.

After the first three tracks, we come to the "single" (I'm not sure if you could call it that, but it had a video), "We Are Your Enemy". This is probably the catchiest and the easiest track to like on the entire album. It starts with some tech-ish riffing, followed by what are probably some of my favorite riffs of all time. If I had to pick out one highlight track of the album, this one would be it.

The second half of the album starts with the short yet sweet "Kill Your Mother/Rape Your Dog". I've no idea why they titled it that, as the lyrics are nothing but a giant "**** you" to the music industry. It's only about a minute and fifteen seconds long, but is memorable and well-done.

After that, we have "Absolute Defiance". This is easily the slowest song on the album. It's not exactly "doomy", but rather slow and groovy. It builds up to a faster pace, but it never gets too wild. Next is "Judgement Day", another short song similar to track five, and "Intentional Manslaughter", which concludes the album with the typical heavy grooves and wild blasting.

In conclusion, I have found this to be Dying Fetus' best effort to date. This is what slam should sound like, instead of all that deathcore scene kid crap. I recommend this to all who aren't necessarily looking for the next Focus or Obscura, but something heavy and groovy they can headbang to.

Final Rating - 91%

lazydaisy
02-03-2009, 03:26 AM
being a big MCS junkie, i decided it would only be proper that my first review was of my all-time favorite album from my all-time favorite band. also please note that i quote from the songs a lot. don't gimme crap about it xD.

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/artd/amg/music/cover/3226601_mcs_200.jpg
motion city soundtrack's commit this to memory (2005).

album's successful singles: "everything is alright", "l.g. fuad", "hold me down".

throughout this not only instrumentally but also lyrically rich album with a wintry (season-literal) leitmotif, one can only be relieved that there really is a pop-punk band that can be called... good. and of course let's not mention justin's dreamy vocals (i'm a girl... leave me alone).

the opening song "attractive today", although admittedly out of place, is a wonderful MCS-y song, and hasn't, in my opinion, deserved the disrespect it's deserved. it then winds into "everything is alright", which is a perfect normal-length opening for the feel of the album. "when you're around" starts out amazingly, and then turns into an angry and distastefully "f*ck"-filled song... it's followed with "resolution", which starts out slow, sickly sweet, and basically remains that way, which is easily one of my favorite songs off the album, with an ending that's just perfect. "feel like rain" and "make out kids" are probably two of the more less amazing songs (although like all on the album, never losing the lyrical brilliance). "time turned fragile" is another one of my favorites, mainly because of the opening ("tiny hands / recycled cans / the metal bands i could not stand") and the feeling of reminiscing on the past and the people in it, wondering how they are, what they're doing now, etc.

(it deserves its own paragraph). "l.g. fuad". honestly, whose favorite is this not? starting out with the first of three "let's get f*cked up and die"s, this song can only be predicted from the start as an amazing one, and of course near the end when you hear the amazing and familiar moog riff (heard several times in previous album "i am the movie") only adds to the brilliance just experienced. the first utterance of the ever-so popular line seems kind of meek, normal, and innocent; the second is a bit sarcastic sounding; and the third sounds just a hint vicious and fed-up. and the lines "i want to thank you for being a part of my forget-me-nots and marigolds / and all the things that don't get old / is it legal to do this? / i surely don't know" is, to me and a few select people, hilarious. they stole this from a band called the promise ring who manifestly steal from several poets.

"better open the door" is not a bad song, honestly, but it's just one of those that isn't outstanding and you find yourself zoning out during or forgetting so very often, with only one rememberable line: "our hell ends every weekend / but it's all i have to believe in". it's a good thing it leads up to "together we'll ring in the new year", which takes you back to the similarly themed "resolution". the line "these humans all suck / i'd rather be home feeling violent and lonely" make the song only ten times more incredible.

nearing the end of the cd, you're faced with two rather amazing songs -- "hangman" and "hold me down". i agree with many people that "hold me down" was kind of awkwardly placed at the end and didn't fit in well with the songs following up to it. but nevertheless (what a nerdy word), it's an amazing song. it's terribly sweet, sad, and is just heart-wrenching, with a wonderfully long ending. "hangman" is just so wonderfully lyricised*, especially when the song breaks down and the slightly muted voice of justin appears out of the quiet symbol + guitar modestly saying, "i'm just a guy that never tried / i'm just a stupid f*ck with brilliant luck and sometimes a bright idea / so shower me in a chorus of compliments and verse i don't deserve / i might run, but i'll never hide". in my opinion, this song would have been an amazing end to the album. especially because he yells "commit this to memory" just before the break down which double-serves for an amazingly unbelievable missed opportunity on a greater ending.

in all, i give this album a 93%.

--------------------
* yes i did make this word up.

Powerman 6k
04-29-2009, 12:27 AM
YES!

I have returned, with a CD review at hand. And I will continue with other CD reviews every 3-5 days. Now. With my return, I bring you a CD review of epic proportions. I bring you...ONE of Metal's finest. Lamb of God's new work....

Wrath
http://www.rockaction.it/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/albums/userpics/10002/lamb-of-god-wrath.jpg

CD Favorites: The Passing [Instrumental], Contractor, Grace, Dead Seeds, Choke Sermon

The CD opens up with a breathtaking instrumental, entitled The Passing, one of my favorites from the CD. Now, along with their previous works (i.e. Ashes of the Wake), Lamb of God has a place in my book well known for having deathly instrumental tunage. Following it is the VERY heavy track In Your Words. When they said in an interview that this CD was going to be more heavy and raw, they weren't kidding. It is indeed HEAVY and RAW. I love it.

Set to Fail is track numero tres. It opens with a speedy percussion, and a very, very deep, speedy guitar riff. Followed by that double-bass pedal line and Blythe's infamous growl. I give it a 10. The track is followed up by another favorite of mine, Contractor. Again with the speedy instruments. But not until after a very odd "Woooooooo!!" Sounds like a drunk person 'woo-ing'. I didn't like that part in particular, but I love the song...

The CD continues with more heavy songs, more double-bass peddling, and more...Heavy. All-in-all, the CD is amazing. One of their greatest. Right up there with Ashes of the Wake and Sacrament.

I give Lamb of God's bad-a performance a score of 98%
That "woo" just didn't cut it for me.

Orthar
04-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Waking Into Nightmares
Warbringer
http://www.metalkingdom.net/album/img/d43/23692.jpg

The NWOTM is catching on like wildfire, with bands such as Municipal Waste, Skeletonwitch, Evile, and of course Warbringer. After their debut 'War Without End' released in 2008, I was hooked. The riffs pounded out by this band are a marvel to the ears. The high quality of each and every song is astounding, and I find it incredibly hard to find any metalhead who dislikes this album. Now, with all of that being said I had high expectations of their sophomore album 'Waking Into Nightmares'. Does it disappoint? Read on to find out.

'Waking Into Nightmares' starts out with a fast paced, in your face old school Thrash track entitled 'Jackal'. You are immediately engulfed in a sea of intense drum work and shredding guitars, mixed in with the intense shouting of lead vocalist John Kevill. This song is definitely true Thrash, with corny, but brutal lyrics included! Don't believe me? "An eye for an eye, will make the whole world blind! Still, I want you to die!" The song also has an incredibly kickass guitar solo in it, performed by lead guitarist John Laux, and it is truly a great way to start off the album.

You are next thrown into a personal favorite of mine, entitled 'Living in a Whirlwind'. It has some powerful and fast paced riffs in it, but one of the things that will draw your attention from the start is the thumping double bass of drummer Nic Ritter. He truly is a step up from their last drummer, whose name is not important.

The third track (and first single from the album) is entitled 'Severed Reality'. The main riff for this track is hypnotic, and once again the double bass of the drums is present (and perfect, I might add).

The first three tracks grab your attention like no other, but if you are thinking that all of this "would be stale" and that they have no "variety in the album" (complaints that idiots made regarding the first album) then you shall be surprised with the track 'Nightmare Anatomy' which is a slower, more melodic instrumental track that really is a nice break from the onslaught of aggression you will hear throughout the whole album.

In all honesty, this is truly a great Thrash album from an up and coming band that looks to have a big future ahead of them. I cannot find many flaws with this album, only the fact that while some songs are amazing, others are just average. Don't let you turn that off of this album (and I won't let it run the score down much), however. If you are a first time listener to Thrash Metal, this is a great album to pick up.

Give these tracks a listen:

-Jackal
-Living in a Whirlwind
-Severed Reality
-Abandoned by Time
-Nightmare Anatomy
-Prey for Death

Overall score: 95%

Powerman 6k
04-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Thank you for reviewing PainKiller :D NWOTM /is/ a very different genre, and it is EXCELLENT. Skeletonwitch, I'm starting to get into. I just started getting into Amon Amarth and Opeth. Not the same, but still...

Powerman 6k
05-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Another day, another review. Today we have a very special CD review on the thread. A CD created by a mastermind. Pure genius. He's worked with a few bands, such as Marilyn Manson, and a side-project entitled "Tapeworm". His instruments include bass guitar, synthesizer, saxophone, guitar, and yes, even vocals. The only problem with that wide variety is having to choose certain people to play them for him during live performances. CD releases includeHe's fierce. He's brilliant. And he's still kicking ass (excuse my language) with his Industrial sound. Please. Put your hands together for one of my all time favorite's.

Nine Inch Nails's...

The Fragile (Left and Right)
http://www.velvetacidchrist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/fragile.jpg

Now. On with the review...

Released in 1999, this is by far one of Nine Inch Nails's greatest achievements. Well, in my opinion. The personnel on this CD took my breath away...Such a long list. But then again, it /is/ Trent Reznor. Ranked #390 in the book The Top 500 Heavy Metal Albums of All Time by Martin Popoff. To me, that says a lot about Nine Inch Nails.

The CD has a wide variety of acoustic and synthetic tunes, with the CD kicking off with Somewhat Damaged, and leading on to The Day the World Went Away. Two of my favorites off of the CD. Then again, the entire CD is all a favorite of mine. Every song, /EVERY/ beat, every single last note to the very last track. All beautifully pulled off and perfected.

This was a very difficult pick for me. Seeing as how The Slip and Ghosts I-IV wasn't released too long ago. Both equally amazing. Halo 8, Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral were hard enough to choose from. Maybe some other time.

All in all, I give The Fragile (Left and Right) a perfect score of 100%. Not just because it was an all time favorite of mine, but because it was just a genius move for Nine Inch Nails. This CD will always remain a favorite of mine. Always.

Until next time, this has been TToW with another review.

Powerman 6k
06-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah. I haven't been on for quite a while... I just graduated from high school, so I shouldn't be /as/ busy. Then again, I have started to play World of Warcraft, and I am going to start working in about a month... Soooooooooo...I'll try to be on as much as possible and throw in a review here and there. Peace out. A-town Dx

Powerman 6k
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Before I get on with this review, I'm going to change a little bit of the rules. From now on, people can write feedback on our reviews (that is, if anyone else wants to create reviews in this thread.) All are welcome, as long as the feedback isn't //too// cruel or hateful.

Also, you feedbackers can search for the tracks online and give them a listen. That's right! Now you can give each song a rating of your own.

Now. On with the review.

This music type is under the genre of Death Metal.

I'm going to do a very brutal CD review today. Metal head's, prepare your heavy metal horns and pop your neck for some headbanging. It's time for some...

http://i25.tinypic.com/n6mo.gif
Track Listing:
1. Unfurling a Darkened Gospel
2. Summon the Hounds
3. Regurgitate Disinformation
4. Constitutional Masturbation
5. March to Global Enslavement
6. Butchering the Enlightened
7. Lords of Chaos
8. Psychological Immortality
9. To Detonate and Exterminate
10. Ruination

Job for a Cowboy has changed so much since I last heard from them. Which was a really long time ago... 'Knee Deep' was the only song I've been listening from them, so I figured yesterday at Hastings, I would give them a try. And God damn, is it amazing.

The CD starts with a very deep beat with the drums, going into Davy's righteous metal grunt. I heard that they dropped their "pig squealing" from this CD, but I don't know why. I haven't heard it once in the CD. Good "Job" (pun intended). Unfurling a Darkened Gospel is a really heavy track, with the speed that you usually hear from most Death metal bands. But it isn't like most death metal, which is why this CD took me by surprise. It's much cleaner, but still pretty damn heavy.

The track is followed by Summon the Hounds, which opens up, already, with a guitar that busts open a can of whoop-ass (pardon my French). But it really does. So awesome. The track is really brutal, and the same goes for the rest of the CD. Regurgitate Disinformation opens with some pedals busting your ear drums open, and Constitutional Masturbation KILLS with Davy's vocals. Bravo.

March to Global Enslavement is introduced to a real cutting-edge melodic guitar, and it's...slow? Nice sound. Slow means more brutal, and it is REALLY brutal and thick. Now, it seems they tried for a Death Metal/Doom Metal sound with this one. I really like it. Of course, the track speeds up with that typical Death-drum beat. But it's still good. Butchering the Enlightened has the same tempo that track 5 had, kind of. Very nice follow up.

Lords of Chaos, and tracks after, have a very nice sound to them. All in all, the CD is really bad ass. Ruination especially. Really sick opening, really slow, kind of mellow even. A nice ending to a very nice CD. It starts out slow, with Davy's vocal cutting in with a cool sound transition. I like it. A lot.

My favorites from the CD are...

Summon the Hounds
Constitutional Masturbation
March to Global Enslavement
Lords of Chaos
and
Ruination

I give Ruination a score of 100%. Why? Because it's that brutal.

Pokemon_Ron
07-11-2009, 03:22 AM
very soon, im gonna post a review of slipknots latest album "All hope is gone".thats if you dont mind...

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-11-2009, 03:41 AM
very soon, im gonna post a review of slipknots latest album "All hope is gone".thats if you dont mind...

Go ahead, but review it honestly.

Pokemon_Ron
07-11-2009, 04:48 AM

mitch, dont worry i will.

its a ok album. some tracks are bad, and some are amazing.

the review wil be up tomorrow sometime.
i plan to review CD's daily on this thread :)

Powerman 6k
07-12-2009, 04:16 AM

I'm the owner, I don't want to sound mean about this, but can you not give people permission to review CDs in the future on my thread?

Pokemon_Ron
07-12-2009, 04:23 AM
I'm the owner, I don't want to sound mean about this, but can you not give people permission to review CDs in the future on my thread?

with a attitude like that, it makes some people not wanna post/review on this thread
mitch didnt do a thing, so why be a ass?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-12-2009, 04:28 AM

Coming from the guy who gives a Fall Out Boy CD 94% after three tiny paragraphs containing no justification? LMFAO.

You aren't the owner of anything and if you know anything about unbiased reviewing, you would be agreeing me, not inciting something. But the reason you don't agree is because you don't review honesty yourself, isn't it? Because I also own Lamb Of God's Wrath and while solid, it is NOT a 98%. Furthermore, you go on to say that the album is raw. That is massively incorrect, as it is one of the most over-produced Metal albums this year. Their first albums New American Gospel and As The Palaces Burn were raw. Sacrament and Wrath have high production values. This is neither good nor bad but is not "raw", and I begin to wonder just how closely you examine music before you review it?

So maybe you can just butt out of my friendly advice and do what you do, and I'll go ahead and submit a review or two as to stay on topic.

with a attitude like that, it makes some people not wanna post/review on this thread
mitch didnt do a thing, so why be a ass?

Exactly. I was just giving the advice because, as a Slipknot fan myself, someone who likes them, I know that they are far from perfect and while I do enjoy them, I know in the long run they're not unique and don't always have albums without filler. Honesty is tough to put in a review, but it's also what keeps people from skipping over your review. I'm not saying you have to give Slipknot a 10% just because it'll get more reads, give it what you believe it deserves, but don't be afraid to point out their faults even if they're your favorite band.

Pokemon_Ron
07-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Coming from the guy who gives a Fall Out Boy CD 94% after three tiny paragraphs containing no justification? LMFAO.

You aren't the owner of anything and if you know anything about unbiased reviewing, you would be agreeing me, not inciting something. But the reason you don't agree is because you don't review honesty yourself, isn't it? Because I also own Lamb Of God's Wrath and while solid, it is NOT a 98%. Furthermore, you go on to say that the album is raw. That is massively incorrect, as it is one of the most over-produced Metal albums this year. Their first albums New American Gospel and As The Palaces Burn were raw. Sacrament and Wrath have high production values. This is neither good nor bad but is not "raw", and I begin to wonder just how closely you examine music before you review it?

So maybe you can just butt out of my friendly advice and do what you do, and I'll go ahead and submit a review or two as to stay on topic.

i agree with fall out boys new album. i love fall out boy, but the album SUCKS! their first 2 albums are pretty good, after that, things went downhill. ill stop rambling on b4 i get in trouble. i might post my review, i dont know yet...

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-12-2009, 04:37 AM
i agree with fall out boys new album. i love fall out boy, but the album SUCKS! their first 2 albums are pretty good, after that, things went downhill. ill stop rambling on b4 i get in trouble. i might post my review, i dont know yet...

Go ahead dude, it's your opinion. :happy:

Pokemon_Ron
07-12-2009, 04:40 AM

i will. no lie ive listened to "all hope is gone about 30 times in last week or two. i like the bonus tracks on it if you get the special edition

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-12-2009, 04:48 AM
i will. no lie ive listened to "all hope is gone about 30 times in last week or two. i like the bonus tracks on it if you get the special edition

I do think it has some of Slipknot's best work on it. Children Of Burning Time isn't too bad, but I really like Till We Die, for the bonus tracks, personally. It seems like when Slipknot sways from Nu-Metal and just does Rock, they are more interesting IMO. Damnit now I want to review something.

Pokemon_Ron
07-12-2009, 04:51 AM
I do think it has some of Slipknot's best work on it. Children Of Burning Time isn't too bad, but I really like Till We Die, for the bonus tracks, personally. It seems like when Slipknot sways from Nu-Metal and just does Rock, they are more interesting IMO. Damnit now I want to review something.

yeh, "snuff" is my favorite track off the cd. yeh slipknot sounds better they go more towards rock. i really liked the guitar work in all hope is gone though

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-12-2009, 04:52 AM
yeh, "snuff" is my favorite track off the cd. yeh slipknot sounds better they go more towards rock. i really liked the guitar work in all hope is gone though

Same here, it might be my favorite as well.

I'll be looking forward to your review.

Pokemon_Ron
07-12-2009, 04:57 AM
Same here, it might be my favorite as well.

I'll be looking forward to your review.

dont take my review harsh though. its gonna be a honest review though. my written reviews arnt the greatest, detail wise :oops:

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-12-2009, 05:08 AM
dont take my review harsh though. its gonna be a honest review though. my written reviews arnt the greatest, detail wise :oops:

No problem dude, just inject it with your unbiased opinion and you'll be all set to go! Sometimes over-detailing something makes it boring, so don't worry dude, gotta start somewhere and you'll only improve.

Pokemon_Ron
07-12-2009, 05:13 AM
No problem dude, just inject it with your unbiased opinion and you'll be all set to go! Sometimes over-detailing something makes it boring, so don't worry dude, gotta start somewhere and you'll only improve.

thanks. i think we better stop posting small-talk here before that warhol guy starts bitchingg

Cucumber
07-12-2009, 05:15 AM

Gematria is a pretty beast song. Sick Drums AND Guitar. Old Slipknot style also ;]

MaskedJackal
07-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Job for a Cowboy

JFAC went from a crappy deathcore band to a 2nd rate, less-bombastic Behemoth clone. They never really appealed to me.

By the way, Slipknot is the worst band ever. Shame on you, Mitch. :sad:

Listen to Sodom instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkzMK0IVfhE

Pokemon_Ron
07-12-2009, 09:41 PM
JFAC went from a crappy deathcore band to a 2nd rate, less-bombastic Behemoth clone. They never really appealed to me.

please explain to me how slipknot is a bad band. their new stuff isnt exactly perfect, but its still worth listening to

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Music is music.

Cucumber
07-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Music is music.

I agree with this statement.

Powerman 6k
07-14-2009, 05:26 AM
With all due respect, this isn't exactly a "Chatting" thread. Please leave all chatting on users' profiles, not on here. I don't want to sound douche-y, I just don't want my "Review" thread to be a talking thread.

Pokemon_Ron
07-14-2009, 05:28 AM
With all due respect, this isn't exactly a "Chatting" thread. Please leave all chatting on users' profiles, not on here. I don't want to sound douche-y, I just don't want my "Review" thread to be a talking thread.

ha thats funny. considering you rarely put reviews up, i wouldnt consider it a review thread

Powerman 6k
07-14-2009, 05:29 AM

Sodom is really heavy. And I like them. But I also love JFAC's 'Genesis' album. Sure, it doesn't meet your standard, but who are you to judge my taste in metal? Leave me be ;D

(scratch that post above this. I'll allow chatting. As long as it's music-related and related to others' reviews. And please, do not BASH me via private messaging. I have Pokemon_Ron on ignore and banned from this thread because of it. Respect please. And from now on, if you would like to write a review, please PM me, asking to become a part of this thread. Thank you)

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-14-2009, 05:36 AM
With all due respect, develop a brain. Nobody is going to go through the trouble of PMing an arrogant user such as yourself and asking permission to post a review in a user-made thread. There are way too many ridiculous things to follow and your attitude leaves no reason to follow them.

I think you'll find yourself being the only one to post reviews here.

Pokemon_Ron
07-14-2009, 05:40 AM
With all due respect, develop a brain. Nobody is going to go through the trouble of PMing an arrogant user such as yourself and asking permission to post a review in a user-made thread. There are way too many ridiculous things to follow and your attitude leaves no reason to follow them.

kudos to mitch haha xD

Powerman 6k
07-14-2009, 08:19 AM

Bravo, idiot. Bravo. With ALL due respect, I would like you to no longer post in my thread. I was being kind about it. Your the one being a prick about it.

Gokudera-Kun
07-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm just an on-looker but.

and anyone else, feel free to post on my thread, also.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Bravo, idiot. Bravo. With ALL due respect, I would like you to no longer post in my thread. I was being kind about it. Your the one being a prick about it.

With all due respect, sir...

1. You're being provoked by him to do exactly what he's expecting you to.
2. I wouldn't try banning people from this thread if I were you. Just report to a mod if they start flaming. Besides, you don't have the power to stop them if they insist on posting anyway.
3. At this rate, this thread's gonna get locked. And that wouldn't look pretty.
4. Don't give 90+% or 100% or anywhere near these figures for every single album you review. Not all albums deserve this high score.
5. This. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2835633&postcount=15) Give positive or negative comments where they're due. Sticking to giving positive comments when reviewing about these CDs would obviously give a vey biased score as mentioned above, and it would give the readers the wrong impression. In short, you'll need go accept negative comments if they're well-justified. And reject positive ones when they're not. After all, as they say, honesty ia the best policy.
6. Listen to some albums that the general population would deem as epic fail, and review them honestly. That'd give a much-needed boost to this thread.
7. Don't dismiss this advice as worhtless, or even worse, spam, without even reading it. I'm helping you and your thread. Take it as some useful advice from a fellow PE2K member. :P

Peace out.

Cucumber
07-16-2009, 03:47 AM

All we where doing was helping people out with their reviews and sharing are opinions about the artist in the reviews so there really isn't much spam to be considered. Anyways I'll be making a review soon, it's too late right now.

MaskedJackal
07-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Sodom is really heavy. And I like them. But I also love JFAC's 'Genesis' album. Sure, it doesn't meet your standard, but who are you to judge my taste in metal? Leave me be ;D

If you like "Genesis", then you should definitely check out Behemoth's "Demigod". They sound similar, but "Demigod" is heavier and more bombastic.

Powerman 6k
10-02-2009, 08:00 PM
I apologize to everybody. You're right. I was being very arrogant and childish. If anyone would like to post in this thread (CD reviews only, please. And opinions on their reviews..), then post away. I won't get in your way. But, before you do, please notify me through private messaging.

Powerman 6k
10-08-2009, 08:58 AM
My... triumphant return? I think so o_o I bought this CD at Hastings today, and I wanted to give a shout out to my homies out derrr. Kidding. But really. Here's my newest review. It is...

It Hates You
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1frvMrPT6wg/SebPCO43uJI/AAAAAAAAACQ/nsNj-8Zm2Eo/s400/It+Hates+You.jpg

After being continuously obsessed with their previous album, Suck Out the Poison, He Is Legend's follow up CD deserves more than this review for some gratitude. In fact, saying "The CD was great." is an under statement.

Besides being a little easier listening then 'Suck Out the Poison', it's also a lot more mature, especially for their junior release. For a third CD, this is beyond what they were aiming for.

I honestly can't say much for this review, because that's exactly what the album did to me. Left me speechless. You really just have to experience it for yourself. Now, I know most people "buy" CDs on iTunes. But what's the fun in that? Honestly? That takes the fun out of opening a brand new CD, becoming annoyed with the "Peel" sticker keeping the top part from opening, and finally, rewarding the buyer, smelling that mighty stench of the brand new CD. That great feeling that you get, and the adrenaline rush once you put it in your computer or car radio, to find out if it's good or not. It's too fun. With iTunes, all you do is... Double click... Open iTunes... iTunes store... Type in the artist name... Click on the CD title... Buy CD Now... OOOOOHHHHH!! SO EXHILARATING!!! It actually makes you seem kind of douchey when you brag about buying something on iTunes. Yeah. Good job. When you actually go to the store and buy it, it's so much better. ANYWAY!

Ranging from their usual "southern bad ass guitar" riff, to a very soothing acoustic, but raunchy sound is what makes this CD a definite buy for fans of some good ol' rock'n'roll.
I give 'He Is Legend's" new CD a perfect score of 100. Yeah. 'Nuff said. Oh gods. And that marvelous CD artwork. Priceless.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
10-10-2009, 09:52 PM
If you like "Genesis", then you should definitely check out Behemoth's "Demigod". They sound similar, but "Demigod" is heavier and more bombastic.

All of Behemoth's Black/Death is fantastic. I still have to check out their solid Black Metal releases.