PDA

View Full Version : Reffing questions

Pika57
06-26-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm considering becoming a ref and need to know some things that I don't get in the perfect reffing method.

1.In the Damage equation how do you detirmine stab. Is it based on the type chart below? If so then why does it say that the attack does two times the damage

2.How do you detirmine an attacks effectiveness?

3.How do you detirmine an attacks PP if the PP of attacks is on a scale from say 5-7 PP.

4.When using effects such as Torrentwhere do i calculate in the 1.5 extra?

5. When using an ability such as ctatic how do you detirmine if the trait is activated?

and finally

6.Does Raining or sandstorm feilds power up pokemon and if so how much?

By the way I'm using Serribi to detirmine special attack and such.

Matt
06-26-2005, 05:00 PM
You are NOT ready.

I'm considering becoming a ref and need to know some things that I don't get in the perfect reffing method.

1.In the Damage equation how do you detirmine stab. Is it based on the type chart below? If so then why does it say that the attack does two times the damage STAB is like a flying pokemon using a flying move. it gets a 1.5 boost

2.How do you detirmine an attacks effectiveness? Go to a pokedex. you should know pokemons' effectiveness

3.How do you detirmine an attacks PP if the PP of attacks is on a scale from say 5-7 PP. PP doesn't usually apply, but you should know an attack's PP. Check a movedex

4.When using effects such as Torrentwhere do i calculate in the 1.5 extra? on a damage calculator. I think jack has them in his guide...

5. When using an ability such as ctatic how do you detirmine if the trait is activated? Static is a 30% chance..roll a ten sided dice on AIM, or use another random number genorator to see if it works or not

and finally

6.Does Raining or sandstorm feilds power up pokemon and if so how much? You should know that, if not, it should also be in a dex

Pika57
06-26-2005, 05:25 PM
D.2 you don't have to be so hard on me it was only six questions out of the entire guide.

However on question 4 I still have an issue. i know that I'm supposed to put it into a damage calculator but I don't know in what part ofthe equation to put bonuses lke that.
If anyone can help with that one tiny thing I'm good

Nefarious
06-26-2005, 05:39 PM

1.In the Damage equation how do you detirmine stab. Is it based on the type chart below? If so then why does it say that the attack does two times the damage
Stab is just a pokemon type using it's own type attack. Like a ghost pokemon using ghost attack, or a fire pokemon using a fire type attack. If they have stab they get a boost of 1.5

2.How do you detirmine an attacks effectiveness?
go here: http://www.achievebalance.com/pokemon/type_chart.htm

3.How do you detirmine an attacks PP if the PP of attacks is on a scale from say 5-7 PP.
I think you mean how many times an attack can attack. Like Doubleslap. Doubleslap attack 2-5 times. Go to: http://www.random.org/sform.html Put smallest value as 2 and largest value as 5. Then click create sequence. It gives you 4 numbers. Just use the first number.

4.When using effects such as Torrentwhere do i calculate in the 1.5 extra?
Torrent - Multiplies power of Water Moves by 1.5 when Pokemon is at 33% or lower health.
Go Here for more pokemon ability explanations: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7581

5. When using an ability such as ctatic how do you detirmine if the trait is activated?
Static is activated when a direct attack hits the pokemon. If a direct attack does hit it, then you roll a 100 sided die. If it lands on anything below 30 then the other pokemon becomes paralyzed. To roll a die, just post this in a chat room: //roll-dice 1-sides 100

and finally

6.Does Raining or sandstorm feilds power up pokemon and if so how much?
Rain brings up water attacks by 50%. Sandstorm does nothing for attacks.

I would use this for more referance: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7917&page=1

JohtoTrainer
06-26-2005, 06:14 PM
D.2, PP ALWAYS applys.

Matt
06-26-2005, 06:24 PM
I meant that people don't usually use enough moves for them to run out of PP (unless he meant PP in another way, in which I am an idiot). That's all.

Pika57
06-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I still have some questions despite all the answers already given.

Question 3. on serribi it may say on some attacks have a PP range ( say that Fire blast can have PP from 5-7. is htat just from PP up so i should just use the lower number?

also Nefarious I'm probably only going to be a forum ref so i was wondering if i can use that sequence generator site you told me about instead of dice.

I hope that you guys can help me with that.

Matt
06-28-2005, 03:40 PM
You use the base PP for the attack. 5 for fire blast. and I don't think you can be just a forum ref...can you?

JohtoTrainer
06-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Yea use the lower number for PP. And, he can refuse any one who asks him to ref on Messenger and just ref Forum Battles. Then, I guess he's just a Forum Ref. :tongue2:

Pika57
06-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey i have one last question. To test myself I decided to practice ref a forum battle i had been in to see how well I would do and I realized Their was another thing i didn't know

Quetion 7: In a battle i had once My houndour used Crunch( A dark type attack) against my opponents poliwrath (a fighting/water type Pokemon). on the type chart it says that the strenght of a dark attack against a fighting type is halved . So in that battle I don't know if the attack strenght should be halved or not?

I hope someone can help.

Oh and can someone tell me who in the world Marth is?

Matt
06-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Marth is a mod here.

Dark is .5x effective against poliwrath, and you are to put that into the equation. Honestly, I don't think you're ready to be a ref. I would try if I can get someone to give me a test...