PDA

View Full Version : silver lugia's art thread

silverlugia2
02-18-2009, 04:55 AM
even though it saids ginryo it's mine from my deviant art account, so I didn't steal these

Missing you (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f162/articwolf101010/Missing_you_by_ginryo.jpg)

Fur practice (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f162/articwolf101010/My_character_Horo_by_ginryo.jpg)

RocketMeowth
02-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Those are great! I especially like the first one because it looks as if you did it on scratch board. Am I right?

Well, onto the review!

Picture 1 - darker image (scratch board wolf)
Picture 2 - lighter drawing

Critique

Picture #1: I... can't... find... anything... wrong!!! xD

Picture #2: First off is the neck. Even in the position he's in, the neck should be more visible than it is. I'd suggest elongating it a tad. Second comes the legs as well as the body. From looking at it, I felt something wasn't right. It took me a few minute but I found out what it was. The body is too short. Because of that the legs are too close which would make it hard for Horo to run. He'd probably trip over himself a lot. Just like with the neck, you should elongate the body a bit. And lastly comes the tail. When running, a wolf normally doesn't have it's tail raised (unless his tail is supposed to be raised). On that note I'd suggest putting the tail in a somewhat straight, or downward position.

That's basically all I had to say about the picture on a critiquing level. Hehe. And I apologize if he's supposed to look that way. I just like critiquing stuff. lol

Comments/PRAISE (lol)

Picture #1: I can't get over how beautiful it is! The style of the wolf brings out so much emotion and character that I'm having a hard time finding anything to critique! But what really really impressed me was the fur. Fur is very hard to do and I give you props for attempting it. It really brought the image out even more than had you just shaded it. And if I'm right about it being done on scratch board, then I have even more respect for the picture. Scratch board isn't easy to do (I've tried -.-).

Excellent work on it.

Picture #2: Despite the errors I noted above, I enjoyed the image. The lightly done outline actually (to me) is what completes the image. It sets boundaries for what's inside while at the same time adding a soft realistic feel. The shading of the fur is also done nicely. Just like in picture one, it helps to bring the image out from being a flat 2-D drawing. However I would have loved it if you'd drawn this in the style of the first image.

Overall

I loved both images. I can't wait t see more work from you!

=^^= Nya

silverlugia2
02-18-2009, 08:14 PM
thanks for the kind words, yeah picture 2 was a sketch I did and then went back and decided to add fur to the body(that was the purpose of the image) it's not that good in my eyes though in fact I kind of hate it,lol. The reason the tail and body is like that is because I ran out of room on the typing paper and had to find a way to squish everything in. The only thing I find good with picture two is the fur. Picture 1 was also an old sketch I did too, but to me it just seems incomplete cause I wanted to add more but could think of anything that could possibly fit in well with the image. Thanks again for the critique I always love to hear what people say about them :biggrin: