PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying TV Commercial Ever?

TeirusuFX
02-18-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm just curious to know what commercials on TV annoy you most

I can think of a million, but I'm only going to say two that I find annoying

- Bendaroos
- Furit Rollups half a million $5 cash cards

♪どん & かつ♪
♫Don & Katsu♫

The Admiral GiMoo
02-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Billy Mays' advertisements (Mighty Mend-it), Geico, and Fruit Loops.

Dalphos
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Head-On, apply directly to the forehead.
Head-On, apply directly to the forehead.....

And those really loud ones with old people in it. "WOULD YOU LIKE TO STAY WARM? GET A HEATER!!!"

Hoshika
Certaion Geico commercials, Fruit Loops, Bendaroos, Kidz Bop (blargh).

And BRATZ. So many Bratz commercials... it's not like they're going to make any more money at this point.

And the Snuggie commercial.

LOL TIDDY BEAR

The Admiral GiMoo
Also, Skittles. That commercial is annoying.

Dalphos
02-18-2009, 08:57 PM

*hisss* That commercial burns.

The Admiral GiMoo
02-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I was just watching TV, Swiffer Duster is uncool.

Hoshika
02-18-2009, 09:00 PM
ShamWOW, because EVERYTHING FROM GERMANY IS GOOD!

TeirusuFX
02-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Certaion Geico commercials, Fruit Loops, Bendaroos, Kidz Bop (blargh).

And BRATZ. So many Bratz commercials... it's not like they're going to make any more money at this point.

LOL TIDDY BEAR

Dang, I can never forget the horribleness of Kidz Bop commercials D<

Some more things of mine to add

-Barbie (who doesn't hate it)
-Muzzy

♪どん & かつ♪
♫Don & Katsu♫

Complexity
02-18-2009, 09:03 PM
The Gilette razor one. With Woods, Federer and the footballer guy. It got worst advert of the year last year - I can see why.

But I love the 'BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!' ad. ^-^

spid3r
02-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Cash for gold. Come on in and exchange your old unused gold for CASH!

Dalphos
02-18-2009, 09:10 PM
I also hate the Alltel (or however you spell it) commercials. "We're the best phone company. The others suck. Come get our phones."

TeirusuFX
02-18-2009, 09:13 PM
I just remembered

-Cash Point

GIVE YOUR CAR TITLE TO CASH POINT, AND GET CASH

♪どん & かつ♪
♫Don & Katsu♫

Ranma
02-18-2009, 09:18 PM
All of them?

TeirusuFX
02-18-2009, 09:20 PM
All of them?

If I meant all of them, your post would exceed word limit

Try keeping down to the most annoying

♪どん & かつ♪
♫Don & Katsu♫

Shadow Eevee
02-18-2009, 09:22 PM
As helpful as it may be, those LifeAlert commercials get annoying. :/

Lord Fedora
02-18-2009, 09:34 PM
ShamWow and SlapChop. That guy is the most annoying thing since Billy Mays, way too hyper.

Game Over
02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I personally get really annoyed by the commercials for subway 5-dollar foot longs, the singing is horrible, and the commercial does not make me want to buy a subway sandwich.

Mr-Nick
02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I personally get really annoyed by the commercials for subway 5-dollar foot longs, the singing is horrible, and the commercial does not make me want to buy a subway sandwich.

Yeah it is pretty annoying

Black Hawk
02-18-2009, 09:42 PM
*hisss* That commercial burns.
Yeah, like your avatar. jk ily
ShamWOW, because EVERYTHING FROM GERMANY IS GOOD!
Yeah, like the holocaust? That's what I thought when that guy said that. I was like, "Wow. Wooooooooow." :eh:

Idk bout you, but a week ago, I saw one of those and I got on my bike and rode to subway to get a foot long. It works imo.

scalec
02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Aquadots
(THEY'RE SELLING THE EXACT SAME PRODUCT AS A DIFFERENT NAME!)

Bendaroos
(My God, how original. I wonder if they've ever heard of PipeCleaners?)

Headon
(Apply directly to the forehead...I might buy it since its giving me a headache!)

Diego's Railway Adventure Play Set
(I hate pretty much anything Dora, but its SO annoying! "THE MONKEY'S IN TROUBLE! RAISE THE LIFT!"...why doesn't it just climb down?)

WaterWow!
(The animated guy is creepy...and it's just so stupid when they keep saying, 'Water! Wow! Water! Wow! Water! Wow!' and on and on!)

The Blendy Pens commerical.
(Enough Said)

And the absolute worse, 'My Little Ponies'.
(THE SONG'S WON'T GET OUT OF MY HEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!)

*sob*

Neo Emolga
02-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Everything from Bob's Furniture Stores. Very cheap, stupid, and low-budget ads.

Ridley
02-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Billy Mays' advertisements (Mighty Mend-it), Geico, and Fruit Loops.

You now make me dislike you because Billy Mays is awesome. ):

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/c4/Fffuuu.gif

GreenRampage
02-18-2009, 10:50 PM
IT'S MY MUNEY AND I WANT IT NOWZORZSSS!!!!11!!1SHIFT1!!1 ><

Enough said
And the Lifealert. I don't really care about some old lady whose face gives me nightmares' opinion sorry

Lord Celebi
02-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Pretty much any commercial that Cartoon Network makes now manages to make me pop an eye-vessel in anger and annoyance (the Peter Cullen promos being an exception).

Lord Fedora
02-18-2009, 10:57 PM
And the absolute worse, 'My Little Ponies'.
(THE SONG'S WON'T GET OUT OF MY HEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!)

I'm exactly the same way with any commercial to do with Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, and god damned High School Musical (DIE YOU ILLOGICAL PIECE OF CRAP MOVIE!). Add those to the list!

Hoshika
02-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Everything from Bob's Furniture Stores. Very cheap, stupid, and low-budget ads.

I thought those commercials didn't air anymore.

Same with Head-On. It's... what do you call it... Activ-On, right? That's the one that airs.

Ranma
02-18-2009, 11:14 PM
If I meant all of them, your post would exceed word limit

Try keeping down to the most annoying

♪どん & かつ♪
♫Don & Katsu♫

Fine then.

Bob's furniture, Music commercials, doublemint gum, and all cartoon network commercials.

(I'm sorry, but all cartoon network commercials fail equally)

Frostbitten
02-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Head-On
Anything low budget that has txt all over the screen is annoying.
There is so much and they never give you time to read it all. :susp:

Ranma
02-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Head-On
Anything low budget that has txt all over the screen is annoying.
There is so much and they never give you time to read it all. :susp:

I know.

Why bother having so much text and not letting us read it all.

Max-Attack
02-19-2009, 03:12 AM
If you're watching TV in the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut area, you'll probably know about those Optimum Triple Play commercials. For the most part, they were okay after getting used to them, but the one with the puppets was simply unbearable every single time. So glad they permanently changed it.

Shadow Eevee
02-19-2009, 04:09 AM
If you're watching TV in the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut area, you'll probably know about those Optimum Triple Play commercials. For the most part, they were okay after getting used to them, but the one with the puppets was simply unbearable every single time. So glad they permanently changed it.

Ugh, I know. I had Optimum for a while, and it made me want to switch to something else for a while.

Those AdCouncil Ads are annoying, especially considering I've only met one or two people who might ACTUALLY be in need of using them. Those Ashton Kutcher camera commercials also get annoying, and pretty much anything on ABC Family is annoying, whether it's the 20000th cleaning product guaranteed to save you time or money, or [Show Name Here]: A New Kind of [Noun, but recently being replaced with Family]. And those 'Arms of an angel animal abuse' ones get annoying. I'm not a fan of animal abuse, but that commercial might be going a little too far.

Stardy
02-19-2009, 08:53 AM
The stupid Dido adverts here in Turkey. =\

Basicly, Dido's a Chocolate bar. And the advert consists of somebody shouting DIDODIDODIDODIDODIDODIDODIDODIDODIDODIDODIDO for ten minutes until somebody gets them one. HATE it. And the Chocolate sucks anyway. =\

Wisp
02-19-2009, 01:59 PM
The JML Ped Egg D:
The advert is irritating plus the advert is disgusting. o_o
C'mon. Them showing you some random woman putting all of the dead skin in the bin is repulsive. D:

It hasnt been shown in a while, but the BMW advert where they make the car out of cake etc. Jebus, it always seemed to be played twice in every ad break. It did look yummy, so I could tolerate it. 8D

Nomnomnom dead sk-- I mean BMW cake. ^-^;;

Blast the Stereo
02-19-2009, 02:40 PM
All senior citizens should have Life Alert.

Lord Fedora
02-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Head On! Apply directly to the forehead.

... hey mommy, how do you apply Head-on?

TeirusuFX
02-19-2009, 07:11 PM
-Reese's Puff
-Coco Pebbles/Fruity Pebbles

The current ones makes absolutly no sense

♪どん & かつ♪
♫Don & Katsu♫

Giratina
02-19-2009, 07:24 PM

Oh man, so true. I hated those commercials...

And how about those commercials with the goldenrod background, talking about nursing home abuse and neglect and things? I think they're the James Sokolove things? Or something? Yes, I know they're important, but they're on a lot. Also HEAD ON APPLYDIRECTLYTOFOREHEAD.

Except for that one where the guy pauses the commercial and says, "Your commercial is very annoying, but your product is GREAT!" I liked that. xD The only one I'm really creeped out by is that PedEgg thing... do we honestly care about someone rubbing a glorified cheese grater over their foot and dumping the dead skin in the trash can?

Ranma
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM

What does head on even do?

Really, their advertizing fails, they don't even say what it does. D:

Alana Marie
02-19-2009, 07:59 PM

O-O Stop before I stab you, Nate.

Right there *points at quote* Stupidest, most annoying comercial of all time. They must've had a loooow budget or somthing. Or maybe they thought repeaditly telling someone how to apply their product would make them buy it, instead of throwing a remote at a TV and then grabbing a gun and shooting everyone in sight. -.-"

....I think it releives headache's.

(Also, it was in Disaster Movie xD and it was hilarious. Kayla said that the Enchanted-Knock-off reminded her of me o.o But yea. They used it in the movie)

Also; Anything with Billy Mayes makes me want to go around and stuff puppies in trashcompactors :/ His voice is like "RARRRR I AM SO ANNOYING" and his products are fail. Billy's Big City Sliders. Wtf itsa cheeseburger you idiot -.-"

TeirusuFX
02-19-2009, 10:48 PM
What does head on even do?

Really, their advertizing fails, they don't even say what it does. D:

It does what it implys, cures headaches (makes you buy it because the commercial induces headaches)

-Man of Popsicle :O

"Don't thank me, it was you!"

♪どん & かつ♪
♫Don & Katsu♫

The Admiral GiMoo
02-19-2009, 10:53 PM
The Chia Pet commercial is annoying, also.

Giratina
02-20-2009, 12:07 AM
It does what it implys, cures headaches (makes you buy it because the commercial induces headaches)

♪どん & かつ♪
♫Don & Katsu♫

xDDDDD
Oh man, I never thought of that. BRILLIANT.

And I second you on the Man of Popsicle thing. I'm prepared to stuff his head down a toilet along with Billy Mayes and let the Shamwow guy slap them with towels that don't actually work.

Fire Away
02-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Yeah, like the holocaust? That's what I thought when that guy said that. I was like, "Wow. Wooooooooow." :eh:

That's not even what he said. He said "you know the Germans always make good stuff". German engineering is typically very solid.

I like the ShamWOW commercial. :x

HeadON was actually pretty clever as well.

Clutch
02-20-2009, 01:26 AM
I just remembered

-Cash Point

GIVE YOUR CAR TITLE TO CASH POINT, AND GET CASH

GET THE CASH YOU NEED IN A FLASH AT CASH POINT.

Yeah, I've seen it tooooo much.

scubasteveE
02-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Where I live there is a hunting store called Carouse's Hunter's Paradise and they have the most annoying commercials. It pretty much implies that everyone that live in the town it's located likes hunting.>>

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-20-2009, 03:13 AM
I think any Kidz Bop commercial is one of my most hated god I hate that so much oh and High School Musical man oh man I can't say enough bad things about those.

silverlugia2
02-20-2009, 03:19 AM
I hate those stupid frutose corn syrup commercials.

Blast the Stereo
02-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Any Vince infomercial is ftw. Especially Slapchop.

"If you order now, we'll throw in the Graty free! Look at that: tacos, fettuccine, linguine, martini, bikini!"

Alana Marie
02-20-2009, 10:19 AM
ShamWOW...
while the comercial is totally awesome (it makes me want to play with the ShamWOW o.o) there is one thing that makes it annoying.

that one lady at the end
"All I can say is Sham...WOW!"

>.> Wow, your so clever random lady. So incrediably smart *Headshot*

The Admiral GiMoo
02-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I hate those Personal Attorney commercials.

Ajarr
02-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Those mother f'in Kidz Bopz commericals are the most dumbest thing I've ever seen. They've ruined good songs with them ugly kids singing it.

Professor Geoffrey
02-20-2009, 08:57 PM
@Y2Jericho; Couldn't agree more; they ruined "Blue" for me, and I love that song. ;-;

Also, just to say, anything with women's lingerie in it bothers me. I can't walk into Victoria's Secret at all. It disgusts me. I know women need underwear, too, but seriously, don't advertise it! >_<"

([{.::G::.}])

The Admiral GiMoo
02-20-2009, 08:59 PM
The lingirie commercials are kind of alright if you close your eyes when it comes up..

The new Kidz Bop CD was annoying, they messed up some of the songs.

Yoda55
02-20-2009, 09:01 PM
cha-cha-cha-chia! :sleepy:

Frostbitten
02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
cha-cha-cha-chia! :sleepy:

I for one love those commercials!
I'm decorating one with lights in my room for Christmas next year.
Cha-Cha-Cha-Christmas!

Operative
02-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Crappy Movie Ads.

That and Kidz Bop commercials.

EDIT: Chia Pets get on my nerves.

Ridley
02-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Any Vince infomercial is ftw. Especially Slapchop.

"If you order now, we'll throw in the Graty free! Look at that: tacos, fettuccine, linguine, martini, bikini!"
You're gonna love my nuts.

TotodileHop24
02-22-2009, 01:21 AM
There's probably quite a few that make me change the channel as fast as possible, but I know of one that stuck out in my head... those Capri Sun "Respect the Pouch" commercials. I'm sorry, but they're just so weird and annoying. :goofy:

Sheepat
02-22-2009, 02:12 AM
Down with Chuck E. Cheeses.

I always have a saying like 'where a dork can be a dork'

Caraa
02-22-2009, 02:31 AM
The one commercial with Conan O'Brien. "Vhoom, vhoom, pahtay stahtah!" That's what all the kids go around saying in my school. Stupid beer commercials. lol.

The Fathead commericals get on my nerves. The one with the football player was the most irritating. SOMEBODY'S conceited! lol.

The Snuggie commercials are THE WORST. "Sage green" my ass. That's sky blue, dammit, sky blue! I still want one, though. lmao.

And those are the most irritating commercials. Ever.

Gaby
02-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Blendy Pens. Just... I want to shoot someone every time I see it. > _________>

Then there's also pretty much ANY commercial made here in Puerto Rico. x ___x Too effing high, and the narrator's voice makes me want to headshot a betch.

I've been watching TV less lately, so I can't really think of a lot atm. x ___x *sad now* D:

Ridley
02-22-2009, 02:56 AM
The Snuggie commercials are THE WORST. "Sage green" my ass. That's sky blue, dammit, sky blue! I still want one, though. lmao.

Wear a bathrobe on backwards.

Caraa
02-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Wear a bathrobe on backwards.
That's what my parents tell me. lol.

silverlugia2
02-22-2009, 07:01 AM
I also hate that berries And cream Starburst commerical. Some guy walks up and starts singing about berriers and creme starburst, it drives me nuts.

The Admiral GiMoo
02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Those Airheads commercial are so annoying. A sour teddy bear that does bad things yet the owners don't do anything but hug it?

TeirusuFX
02-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm not really the fan of the Checker's Commercials

Except the one with Rap Cat xD

♪どん & かつ♪
♫Don & Katsu♫

Frostbitten
02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Those Airheads commercial are so annoying. A sour teddy bear that does bad things yet the owners don't do anything but hug it?

Those aren't Air Heads.
Those are Sour Patch Kids.

Jewel_the_Eevee
02-26-2009, 01:43 AM
I for one hate the Kid Cuisine commercials. Does anyone else want to shoot that annoying little penguin besides me?

I also hate the Phineas and Ferb commercials with the platypus chattering. It doesn't make you want to watch the show, it makes you want to kill the platypus. Arggg!