PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Brothers 4 Prediction List 1.0

Apocrypha
02-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Super Smash Brothers 4 Prediction List
version 1.0

Before reading this there are a few very important things you should remember. The first of which is that this list was made by the Official SSB4 Social Group (OSSG) on Smashboards.com, which is comprised of those of whom have proved themselves both intelligent and insightful in the discussion of SSB4.

Certain characters from certain series were barely chosen over others. A good example of this would be for the Mario series – Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario are both considered likely, but Bowser Jr. was chosen over Paper Mario simply because he is more likely. If we DO make another version of this list, we might see some characters that barely didn’t make it on, well, make it on.

If your favorite character was not on this list, there is nothing else to say but ‘too bad’. This doesn’t claim to be a complete or even correct roster, just a list of the characters that we can say have a very good chance of getting in. As you can see, there are only 44 characters on this list, and most people expect a number around 50! Don’t come in here complaining if any character wasn’t on this list – ESPECIALLY IF THIS CHARACTER IS NAMED KRYSTAL OR MEWTWO. Those two aren’t getting in. They have been subject to a lot of discussion and the consensus was unanimous – they would be cool to see, but they just are not likely characters.

And now... this list! Remember we don't claim to be official or even for all of this to be correct once SSB4 rolls around -- these characters are just the most likely.

Mario Series

Mario- Do I really need an explanation here? Undeniably the most recognizable video game character of all time and the mascot of Nintendo, SSB4 would be a bad game just not for including him.

Luigi- The slightly less popular younger brother of Mario. Still extremely recognizable and important to Nintendo. He is also part of the original 12, so he wouldn’t be taken out anyway.

Peach- Need I really say anything here? Mario’s assumed girlfriend and the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, Peach isn’t a slouch at fighting herself! Simply to important to leave out.

Bowser- Mario’s long time enemy and leader of the Koopa’s. To important to leave out.

Bowser Jr.- As much as I would prefer to see Paper Mario or a Baby Mario Bros. team, Bowser Jr. is simply the most likely fifth character from the Mario series. Hopefully he’ll get his paintbrush from Super Mario Sunshine, which will lead to a very unique and very fun moveset.

Donkey Kong Series

Donkey Kong- The titular character and primary antagonist of Nintendo’s first big game, Donkey Kong. Extremely important to Nintendo and part of the original 12. Why would he not be in the next Super Smash Brothers?

Diddy Kong- Donkey Kong’s sidekick and friend, he is very important to the series. He was expected to be in back in Melee by most, but he had to wait until Brawl to get his turn.

King K. Rool- The antagonist of the Donkey Kong series. He will be the only newcomer for this series. Being part of Nintendo’s fourth highest selling series, he would be the most important third character.

Yoshi Series

Yoshi- Arguably more of a sidekick that Luigi ever was, Yoshi is a fan favorite and a major part of Nintendo. Hell, he almost counts as part of the Mario series, but the Brawl character select screen doesn’t have him as a Mushroom Kingdom-er. Part of the original 12, so there is no reason for him to get kicked.

Wario Series

Wario- Speaks for himself. Introduced as evil rival to Mario, has been main villain in a main game and several spin-offs, starred as a character in many games of the Mario series and almost all spin-offs. He also has 2 of his own series (Wario Land and WarioWare), both which are rather successful and don't seem to be stopped so soon. Not to mention that it was a shock that he didn’t appear in Melee.

Zelda Series

Link- Obviously, he’s going to stay in. Recognizable to gamers everywhere, Link is too important to Nintendo to not be in Smash.

Zelda/Shiek- Being the titular character, Zelda is obviously important. Add in her alter ego Shiek, and you get two movesets for the price of one!

Ganondorf (De-cloned)- Ganondorf is the primary antagonist of the Zelda series. Sadly, he’s been a clone of Captain Falcon since Melee! Ganondorf will be de-cloned for SSB4.

Toon Link (Luigified)- While the idea of Toon Link not being the same as Link may seem a little far-fetched, Toon Link has many viable options for him. Toon Link will be de-cloned, or at the very least luigified, for SSB4.

Tingle - while not the most favorable of Zelda characters, he is obviously the current candidate for a seat with the playable Zelda reps in SSB4. Why? Well, not only was he featured as an Assist Trophy, but he has starred in two of his own spin-off games (notably two of the very, very few Zelda spin-offs in the history of the series). He has a rather large fanbase in comparison to just about every other plausible character (with Vaati being his current, main rival).

Metroid Series

Samus/Zero Suit Samus- Samus is a ‘no duh’ character. Zero Suit Samus is an awesome addition. No argument here.

Ridley- One word: fan demand. While Metroid may not be as good as a seller as many other Nintendo games, Ridley was the one character that could earn you a ban on some websites just by making a thread about him in the pre-Brawl days. Obviously, he is well liked. The question isn’t ‘why should Ridley be in SSB4’ but ‘Why wasn’t Ridley in Brawl?’

Kid Icarus Series

Pit- Pit serves the retro bill quite nicely. Not very well known, but was as pretty big hit back in the day. While he’s not OMG MUST HAVE MUST HAVE, he’s pretty popular now due to his Brawl appearance, so fan demand alone should keep him in.

Ice Climber

Ice Climbers- The Ice Climbers, just like Pit, are good for retro characters. Not very well known today, but was a pretty big hit back in the day. And due to being in both Melee and Brawl, it would be a surprise to see them go. With a cult following and unique moveset, the ICs are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the next Super Smash Brothers.

Kirby Series

Kirby- Everybody’s favorite pink puffball is back! Being the protagonist and most recognizable character from the series, he’ll obviously be in. Not to mention that he’s part of the original 12.

Meta-Knight- A recurring antagonist of the Kirby series, though not the main one. But, the Kirby series is still important to Nintendo (fifth best selling) and Meta-Knight has had some popularity even before Brawl. Not to mention that he was planned to be in Melee but was cut from the final roster.

Kind Dedede- Primary antagonist of the Kirby series. He has had popularity even before Brawl and was supposed to be in back in the Smash 64 days! I don’t see any reason for him to be cut.

Pikmin Series

Captain Olimar- One of the greatest WTF characters ever, and probably my most pleasant surprise on the Brawl roster. Deserving because Pikmin is a popular new IP, and is going to stay because a new game has been announced – or at the very least, a new version of the game. This is all not even talking about the incredibly unique moveset.

Star Fox Series

Fox- Been around since the Nintendo 64 days and is from a series that got its own competition around it back in the 90s. Though he’s not a top seller, he’s still pretty important.

Falco (Luigified)- Though he’s not as much of a clone as he was in Melee, he could still use a bit more variety from Fox. He’s been around since Melee, so he’s obviously going to stay in the game.

Wolf - Wolf has huge popularity in Japan, which comes first when it comes to Smash. He is a recurring character (usually an antagonist) in the Star Fox series, which has huge success in Japan and moderate success in the US. There is no chance of Wolf getting cut.

F-Zero Series

Captain Falcon- Is any explanation needed here? Not even looking at his mega-popularity, he’s the main character of a game that has spawned its own anime and arcade game. Though the series isn’t a top seller, Nintendo definitely seems to like it. It’s surprising the series didn’t get a second rep in Brawl!

Black Shadow (Ganondorf’s old moveset)- The primary antagonist of the F-Zero games, Black Shadow is the most likely pick for F-Zero’s second character. Not to mention that he seems made for Ganondorf’s current moveset, which is a clone of Captain Falcon’s.

Pokemon Series

Pikachu- Probably the most obvious character for Smash right after Mario. Almost as well known as the plumber and probably just as important, Smash wouldn’t feel right without everybody’s favorite electric rodent.

Pokemon Trainer- Staying in because Sakurai likes the nostalgia characters and has obvious bias towards the first generation of Pokemon. Not to mention that PT was an immediate fan favorite.

Jigglypuff- While a lot of people express anti-Jigglypuff views, it can’t be forgotten that Japan comes first when it comes to Smash and Jigglypuff is the second most popular Pokemon there – right after Pikachu. Also, she’s original 12, so her spot is guaranteed.

Fifth Generation Pokemon- Not much can be said about this one. This is a very likely roster position, seeing as the Pokemon Company likes advertising so much. Not to mention a smash with no representation of the newest generation would be a bit weird.

Lucario – He was already predisposed to be popular when he was revealed early for the fourth generation of Pokemon in the movie Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, both because it made him a more exposed Pokemon and many people were impressed by the looks of him in the movie. Since then, he’s become the most popular of the fourth generation of Pokemon, the most recent one to date. Pokemon has always been one to have many reps – counting PT’s Pokemon individually, it is the franchise with the most reps in Brawl – so it wouldn’t be surprising at all if such a popular and well-known Pokemon made the cut.

Fire Emblem Series

Marth- The main character from the first game and a veteran smasher. How will he not be in SSB4? Not to mention that his game is about to come out in a remake on the DS, so he’s practically got his spot guaranteed!

Ike- First 3-D lord. Not to mention that everybody loved him in the game because he was so good that you could beat all of FE9 just using Ike. And the blue hair. Oh, god, the blue hair.

New FE Lord- For those of you who don’t know what an FE Lord is, it’s the main character of a Fire Emblem game. Obviously, Fire Emblem is going to get a 3rd rep. It’s 11th game is about to come out, so the series obviously has a lot going for it.

Mother Series

Ness- The original WTF character. He’s been around since the beginning, so he’s not going anywhere despite what anybody says. Not to mention that he attacks using a Yo-Yo. How awesome is that?

Lucas- Lucas will not stay because of popularity or how important his series, but because of how much Sakurai likes Mother. Obviously, a character from a Japan only game from a series that only has three entries is going to need at least some bias from the creator to get him in.

Game and Watch Series

Mr. Game and Watch- Despite what anybody says, the Game and Watch series is just too important to Nintendo to not have a rep. Being Nintendo’s first notable attempt at a video game, the series enjoyed a seven year life spam. Not to mention that Game and Watch should stay in if only as a tribute to Gunpei Yokoi.

Punch-Out!!

Little Mac- Everybody’s favorite boxer is also a pretty logical choice for SSB4! Appearing first as an Assist Trophy, and now he’s getting his series revived, Little Mac’s chances to become a smasher have become increased substantially. Not to mention that he fits the same bill that Pit and the Ice Climbers do, with his game being a pretty big thing back in the day.

Third Party

Solid Snake (Metal Gear)- Solid Snake was the character that made people not otherwise interested go out and buy Smash. Solid Snake is the character that people will recognize as one of gaming’s icons. Solid Snake deserves to be in Smash.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)- Sonic was a character that everybody has been clamoring for since the original Super Smash Brothers. Not to mention that a prank by IGN sent the internet ablaze with rumors on how to unlock Sonic in Melee. Sonic’s inclusion was not only one that was obvious, but was one that can settle an age old rivalry.

Megaman (Megaman)- Another character that a lot of people expected to be in Brawl. Even Megaman’s creator has expressed interest in Megaman becoming a Smasher, so it’s a good bet that he’ll make it into SSB4. Not to mention that he has the wild fan demand that drove Sonic to eventually being added.

Second Party

Isaac (Golden Sun)- Making his first appearance as a mere Assist Trophy, Isaac is the most stand-out choice. Protagonist of an award-winning RPG series and he has fan demand.

Ray 01 (Custom Robo)- While he may not have as much fan demand, and his games may not win many awards, his series has a cult following and he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. With nearly limitless moveset potential, Ray 01 is a clear choice for a second party character.

Gravity
02-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Ridley. Is. Too. Damn. Big. To. Be. Playable. Getthehelloverit.

But on a lighter note... I agree on Isaac and Lucario.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I agree with pretty much every character choice especially Issac from Golden Sun that would be just so awesome I'd prefer Feelix but honestly anyone works they have perfect potential magic and a sword. I'm not sure about the little mac though it would be cool to see him but who knows hopefully the makers of smash look at those and put all those characters in.

Ajarr
02-21-2009, 06:57 PM
They should add Waluigi into the roster. In Brawl he's only a Assist Trophy. It would be cool to see a brawl against the Mario Bros and the Wario Bros.

Apocrypha
02-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Ridley. Is. Too. Damn. Big. To. Be. Playable. Getthehelloverit.

But on a lighter note... I agree on Isaac and Lucario.

Do you know how small Olimar is? He's three inches tall. Yet in Brawl, he's almost as tall as Mario. If Sakurai can scale someone up, he can scale someone down.

Bowser is A LOT bigger than Mario. Yet, look at him now.

Your opinion is invalid.

@Y2Jericho: While Waluigi, or even Paper Mario, would be cool to see in. This is, however, the MOST LIKELY roster.

These were developed by those of whom have proved themselves both intelligent and insightful in the discussion of SSB4. These people are professionals.

Ajarr
02-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Do you know how small Olimar is? He's three inches tall. Yet in Brawl, he's almost as tall as Mario. If Sakurai can scale someone up, he can scale someone down.

Your opinion is invalid.

@Y2Jericho: While Waluigi, or even Paper Mario, would be cool to see in. This is, however, the MOST LIKELY roster.

These were developed by those of whom have proved themselves both intelligent and insightful in the discussion of SSB4. These people are professionals.

Meh you never know. They've been putting Waluigi into most of the Mario series games whether it be a small part or a huge role.

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah Waluigi is awesome he's pretty popular I could see him being a character and yeah it is possible for Ridley but we'll see.

Ajarr
02-21-2009, 10:01 PM
If they do put Ridley into the roster they'll probably shrink him because, well, he's too big! I have a feeling that they'll probably, once again, make him into a boss. Now y'know what would be awesome? I know this will never happen, but what if they put Master Chief from the Halo series into it. Eh, eh?

Gravity
02-21-2009, 10:41 PM

Your opinion is invalid.

And how fearsome would Ridley be the size of Bowser? Plus, his flying would be too similar to that of Meta Knight's, and we don't need anymore moveset copiers.

Elrond
02-22-2009, 01:59 AM
If there is an SSB4, I highly doubt that Toon Link, Ganondorf, and Falco are going to change much. Sakurai had the opportunity with Brawl to do so, and you know what? He did! Those three play very differently from their originals this time around.

General Dunsparce
02-22-2009, 04:59 AM
If there is an SSB4, I highly doubt that Toon Link, Ganondorf, and Falco are going to change much. Sakurai had the opportunity with Brawl to do so, and you know what? He did! Those three play very differently from their originals this time around.

Yeah that's true. However I do think that they could make toon link's moves more windwaker-ish. (Deku Leaf?) Could give him a different special..

karmachameleon
02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Not really a prediciton, but I hope Crono and Frog from ChronoTrigger make it into the next Smash Bros. It would make sense for the game, because both are really good video game characters, but it would also make sense for Nintendo and Square. Just like how Fire Emblem became popular because of Marth and Roy, and how Kid Icarus is getting a Wii game thanks to Pit being in SSBB, Crono or Frog would gain a lot of popularity for the Chrono series and hopefully convince Square Enix to make a new game. :happy:

Charizard Michelle
02-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah that's true. However I do think that they could make toon link's moves more windwaker-ish. (Deku Leaf?) Could give him a different special..

Yeah. I was kind of hoping that too in a way when I heard that Toon Link was going to be in it. They got the bombs and the Boonarang right but I was hoping the Final Smash for Toon Link was going to be the Hurricane Spin (Or whatever it was called). Now that would have been cool. Or at least toonified the Triforce Slash.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

Kirby Grunt
02-22-2009, 09:45 PM
I really want Meowth to be playable, for some reason... Don't ask why <.< I. JUST. DO.
Also, Birdo, Dixie Kong, and/or Silly Kong (forgot his name P: but he has funny arms)

Elrond
02-22-2009, 10:05 PM
I really want Meowth to be playable, for some reason... Don't ask why <.< I. JUST. DO.
Also, Birdo, Dixie Kong, and/or Silly Kong (forgot his name P: but he has funny arms)

While I doubt he'll be playable, Meowth seems like the only possible early-generation Pokemon that could get into another Smash game, except perhaps Mewtwo. However, I seriously doubt that either of them will, simply because they haven't thus far. Okay, I know that's kind of a dumb argument, but I don't think that Sakurai would have skipped over one of the most iconic Pokemon (at least according to the anime), or have taken out Mewtwo, if he simply planned on putting them in later. However, I actually do think that with Sakurai's clear soft spot for the original Pokemon generation, Meowth has a much higher chance of getting in than any other, including new ones, unless Nintendo blows us all away with something new real soon.

As far as Birdo goes, I don't think it's ever had a big enough role in any game to merit inclusion in Smash (the same reason I doubt Waluigi will ever go higher than Assist Trophy). I actually think that Dixie is more likely for Smash than K. Rool, since the latter has always seemed to be more of a bumbling baddy than anyone who can actually fight (the boxing match at the end of DK64 notwithstanding). The other Kong you're looking for is Lanky, who doesn't have much chance, because he doesn't have a very large role in the series, as far as I know.

General Dunsparce
02-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Yeah. I was kind of hoping that too in a way when I heard that Toon Link was going to be in it. They got the bombs and the Boonarang right but I was hoping the Final Smash for Toon Link was going to be the Hurricane Spin (Or whatever it was called). Now that would have been cool. Or at least toonified the Triforce Slash.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

If you are thinking the same way I am on this situation, it's the one where you charge up, like the original, but you can actually move where ever you want. Then yes! At the end some people have like a little pose thing at the end of a final smash like ganon holds his head real quick. I think it would be funny to have toon link do the little dizzy animation like in windwaker. XD

Grassy_Aggron
02-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Ridley is on there?!? ^^ Too bad Mewtwo isn't-he had his day in Melee, though.

All I can request is they change Sonic's Down+B move, since it's pretty much the same as his Side+B. I'd like to see the Werehog, since-well, everyone seems to have caught the Werehog fever 0o

Other characters I would like to see that weren't on here would be Spyro (with 4 elements to choose from, he would have a lot of variety), and Shadow the Hedgehog (one of the few "clones" that can actually have an entirely different moveset and still look good). Just my opinions though ;D

Go purple dragons and hedgehogs! *Runs away screaming like maniac*

Dark Turtwig
02-23-2009, 03:22 AM
I don't know why, but I would LOVE to see Slippy Toad as a playable character in SSB4, but I know that's not gonna happen.
I think that they should ditch Lucario and bring back Mewtwo, but mix him up a bit. Mewtwo was my favorite character back in the days of Melee, and he was THE coolest pokemon at the time of R/B/Y. Jigglypuff, despite what anyone says, must stay though. He is the best WTF character IMO, in Brawl. He's fun to use, and props if you can use him well.
But, if they had to replace Jigglypuff, I think either Shy Guy or Toad would be a fun replacement. Shy Guys are everywhere in the days of SNES Mario World, and have always played a role in the Mario games. Toad has been there, but I think is a little less important.

Elrond
02-23-2009, 03:32 AM
I don't know why, but I would LOVE to see Slippy Toad as a playable character in SSB4, but I know that's not gonna happen.
I think that they should ditch Lucario and bring back Mewtwo, but mix him up a bit. Mewtwo was my favorite character back in the days of Melee, and he was THE coolest pokemon at the time of R/B/Y. Jigglypuff, despite what anyone says, must stay though. He is the best WTF character IMO, in Brawl. He's fun to use, and props if you can use him well.
But, if they had to replace Jigglypuff, I think either Shy Guy or Toad would be a fun replacement. Shy Guys are everywhere in the days of SNES Mario World, and have always played a role in the Mario games. Toad has been there, but I think is a little less important.

As much as I'd love to see Mewtwo as well, Lucario simply has a larger fanbase. Shy Guy would never work, because he's simply too generic a character, even past the level of Yoshi. He's simply never had an important enough role in a game. As much as I'd love to see Toad, as well, I think there are more important Mario characters out there, though I think he would only just miss out.

Bumblebee16
02-23-2009, 07:22 AM

I think they should keep Lucario, he's my favorite Pokemon, and they should also bring Mewtwo.

I think Dry Bones would be a good add IMO just for fun.

Hoshi
02-23-2009, 04:57 PM
I'd Like To See

Drybones
Toad
Spyro
Ridley
Mewtwo
Zapdos
Riachu
Funky Kong
Dry Bowser

TheKillingDog
02-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Is there going to be a new one... To be honest, don't think so... I think it would be great if there was though!

General Dunsparce
02-23-2009, 10:31 PM
I'd Like To See

Drybones
Toad
Spyro
Ridley
Mewtwo
Zapdos
Riachu
Funky Kong
Dry Bowser

Toad -Watch toad waddle around frantically?
Spyro -I don't think so just cause the third party is enough with sonic and snake
Ridley -no flying things! D:
Zapdos -Really don't get why we'd put in more flying things that don't really walk. ._.
Riachu -The yellow down-b spam rat isn't enough? XD
Dry Bowser -Bowser costume not chara?
That's what I think.

Kirby Grunt
02-23-2009, 11:30 PM
While I doubt he'll be playable, Meowth seems like the only possible early-generation Pokemon that could get into another Smash game, except perhaps Mewtwo. However, I seriously doubt that either of them will, simply because they haven't thus far. Okay, I know that's kind of a dumb argument, but I don't think that Sakurai would have skipped over one of the most iconic Pokemon (at least according to the anime), or have taken out Mewtwo, if he simply planned on putting them in later. However, I actually do think that with Sakurai's clear soft spot for the original Pokemon generation, Meowth has a much higher chance of getting in than any other, including new ones, unless Nintendo blows us all away with something new real soon.

As far as Birdo goes, I don't think it's ever had a big enough role in any game to merit inclusion in Smash (the same reason I doubt Waluigi will ever go higher than Assist Trophy). I actually think that Dixie is more likely for Smash than K. Rool, since the latter has always seemed to be more of a bumbling baddy than anyone who can actually fight (the boxing match at the end of DK64 notwithstanding). The other Kong you're looking for is Lanky, who doesn't have much chance, because he doesn't have a very large role in the series, as far as I know.

Naw, I think his name was Funny Kong or Funky Kong. Also, I think K. Krool has a bigger chance of getting into Smash then any other DK Character.

Elrond
02-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Naw, I think his name was Funny Kong or Funky Kong. Also, I think K. Krool has a bigger chance of getting into Smash then any other DK Character.

Lanky was the one with the funny arms that could blow himself up into a balloon. I believe Funky was the weapon seller in DK64.

Really, I think Dixie and K. Rool have about the same chance.

General Dunsparce
02-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Lanky was the one with the funny arms that could blow himself up into a balloon. I believe Funky was the weapon seller in DK64.

Really, I think Dixie and K. Rool have about the same chance.

We could pretend that Diddy's pink costume is Dixie.

Elrond
02-24-2009, 02:25 AM

This is true, but unlike Daisy or Dry Bowser, Dixie is an entirely separate character with very different abilities, while Daisy has never had an important role in a Mario platformer except as the damsel in distress, and Dry Bowser is basically just Bowser without his skin, so they are both easy alt. costumes.

Black Hawk
02-24-2009, 02:27 AM

No, we couldn't. I main pink Diddy. Not Dixie.

General Dunsparce
02-24-2009, 03:44 AM
No, we couldn't. I main pink Diddy. Not Dixie.

hahah ok then. Link I main Pink Captain F.

Kirby Grunt
02-24-2009, 10:52 PM
I main Fire Mario then. <w<

General Dunsparce
02-25-2009, 02:45 AM
I main the "Gold or whatever" Toon Link. :T

Black Hawk
02-25-2009, 03:03 AM
hahah ok then. Link I main Pink Captain F.

Dude, I play Pink Captain Falcon too amg! We're similar~

Anyway, I would really enjoy Ridley.

Moe2
02-25-2009, 03:08 AM
Why for the love of G*D would you want more characters?! If 40 isn't enough I dont know what is. They should stop worry'n about how many characters are in the game, or how flashy the graphics are, or how well orcastraigted the music is AND FOCUS ON THE CORE GAMEPLAY. it should feel fun to play, not laggy/sluggish. Also would it kill to have a decent wifi, with maybe dare I say... a Ladder of some sort?

Charizard Michelle
02-25-2009, 05:42 AM
If you are thinking the same way I am on this situation, it's the one where you charge up, like the original, but you can actually move where ever you want. Then yes! At the end some people have like a little pose thing at the end of a final smash like ganon holds his head real quick. I think it would be funny to have toon link do the little dizzy animation like in windwaker. XD

Yes. That one! The one that is green and Toon Link would spin like crazy then get all dizzy afterwards. That one for the win! haha I can see Toon Link just spinning around like crazy while all is frozen in fear or can't move because he is moving too fast of them to react. Then bang! They are out of here! I was so hoping for that as a Final Smash for Toon Link. haha That one!

Wishful thinking for hoping they will change Toon Link's Final Smash to that but meh. I can dream.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

MaskedJackal
02-25-2009, 12:04 PM
As much as I'd love to see Mewtwo as well, Lucario simply has a larger fanbase.

Lucario is also a better fit for a fighting game. Putting mewtwo in is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Plus, Lucario is the only Pokemon rep in Brawl that's not from the first generation. Why would they get rid of him?

As for other franchises, StarFox is under-represented. Krystal would be nice.

Megiddo Flame
02-25-2009, 08:45 PM
First, make SSB4 for the DS (due to its severe lack of Fighter games)

Then Add Darkrai, Agumon, Mega Man, Krystal, King K. Rool, Paper Mario, Meowth, Geno, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Bubbles, Black Mage, Panther, Slippy, Bowser Jr., Kamek, and Ridley.

Some are just crappy fillers, while others I really want to see.

Elrond
02-25-2009, 10:55 PM
First, make SSB4 for the DS (due to its severe lack of Fighter games)

Then Add Darkrai, Agumon, Mega Man, Krystal, King K. Rool, Paper Mario, Meowth, Geno, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Bubbles, Black Mage, Panther, Slippy, Bowser Jr., Kamek, and Ridley.

Some are just crappy fillers, while others I really want to see.

Even if they did make it for the DS, I would never play it. The D-Pad is just not conducive to the control you need.

General Dunsparce
02-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Yes. That one! The one that is green and Toon Link would spin like crazy then get all dizzy afterwards. That one for the win! haha I can see Toon Link just spinning around like crazy while all is frozen in fear or can't move because he is moving too fast of them to react. Then bang! They are out of here! I was so hoping for that as a Final Smash for Toon Link. haha That one!

Wishful thinking for hoping they will change Toon Link's Final Smash to that but meh. I can dream.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

Yeah! Or maybe even everyone can still move, but they get sucked in while Toon Link moves around like crazy and screams, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" then he's still invincible afterwards (Glowing) and does his dizzy animation.

Kirby Grunt
02-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Earlier on in this thead, "Chaos Control" mentioned Kamek to be in the next Smash BRos. game.
We should all be ashamed because we hadn't though of her before D:<. Now that you mention it, I would LOVE Kamek to be in Brawl! Instead of running she should use her broom :p and her glide should also use her broom :D

ronjocox
02-27-2009, 05:00 AM
Ridley is too big.

Smaller Ridley isn't though.

General Dunsparce
02-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Ridley is too big.

Smaller Ridley isn't though.

Yeah I just don't like the idea of a flying only character. maybe something like small meta-ridley (zero mission) or just a plain space pirate from metriod fusion. those are cool

PhantomGanon
05-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Just for reference this is not a complaint post, just a post to gain some knowledge in this matter. XP

the only thig that I wonder though personally, is that for a game like Fire Emblem [Yes I am a FE fanboy XD] if we are talking fanbases aswell as popularity to come into play on the choices for characters, wouldnt Roy be a possibility seeing as he still has a faithful fanbase despite his absence of Brawl? Or because he was cut already make him highly unlikely to return, even if he was Luigified?

Along with that, The Black Knight from FE 9 & 10 from what I see has a pretty nice fanbase aswell, that and pretty much being the 'Wolf to Fox' shouldnt he possibly be added in aswell? Or would he be one of the 'Narrowly made it in' characters?

This as well is just another question to appease my curiosity, but would a Third Party game such as Tales of Symphonia be accountable for this list as well? Until it's sequel [Dawn of the New World which completely turned people off from Symphonia] wouldnt it have a good chance to be included also or is it just not that popular enough?

~Kaim

Shozuka
05-19-2009, 12:08 AM
How about the return of Roy? We could also have Eevee. Its Final Smash could be that it turns into all of the eeveelutions and automatically kills all players of field.

Dawn_PiplupFan1
05-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Seriously, if they already put Diddy Kong as a character, why can' t they put dixie kong? She is a great character.

Ajarr
05-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I think they might bring back Pichu from melee, but this time around it'll be the Notched ear Pichu. They could just make the Pikachu colored Pichu and the color changing thing.

Megiddo Flame
05-24-2009, 09:29 PM
How about Agumon?

I would like to see Agumon vs Pikachu.

Agumon's Final Smash would be Digivolving to... GEOGREYMON!

Gokudera-Kun
05-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Geno! There, we all know we want it.

Also, I think we should get Shadow Mario as an alternate color for Mario. And on that note, Bowser Jr should be included. Glover, anybody remember that game? Yeah, Glover would be an interesting inclusion.

genofan96
06-19-2009, 12:28 AM
geno or at least mallow should get in.geno would be an awesome charactor.i hope he or mallow is or else...........

Apocrypha
06-19-2009, 08:08 PM
geno or at least mallow should get in.geno would be an awesome charactor.i hope he or mallow is or else...........

Geno will not get in, it's as simple as that. We all want him in (hell, I even want him in), but he is not going to be in SSB4. As for Mallow, he is a supporting character for one game. One. There is NO POSSIBILITY of Mallow being in.

@Chaos Control: GTFO. No one with at least half a brain believes a Digimon will get in.

StarFox is under-represented

We already have three playable characters, two stages, and an Assist Trophy. Star Fox is not under-represented.

Seriously, if they already put Diddy Kong as a character, why can' t they put dixie kong? She is a great character.
K.Rool will come before Dixie. K.Rool is the most requested character (besides Ridley) and has been in almost all DK games, plus he's the main antagonist.

GreenRampage
06-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow this is an amazing list I agree with basically all of them the only character I wish could be added would be Toad.

I know that many of you probably doubt his strength in a game but honestly they made Peach, who does nothing but get captured, a character so poop. Toad has also shown his worth through the Mario franchise, being present in nearly all of his main games and his spin-offs, not to mention he's had several of his own games. I hope this doesn't sound whiny or anything I just think he needs to be given more credit.

Oh and also Toad is the only Mario Kart character not in a smash brothers game.
[/end of rant]

Apocrypha
06-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Wow this is an amazing list I agree with basically all of them the only character I wish could be added would be Toad.

I know that many of you probably doubt his strength in a game but honestly they made Peach, who does nothing but get captured, a character so poop. Toad has also shown his worth through the Mario franchise, being present in nearly all of his main games and his spin-offs, not to mention he's had several of his own games. I hope this doesn't sound whiny or anything I just think he needs to be given more credit.

Oh and also Toad is the only Mario Kart character not in a smash brothers game.
[/end of rant]

I agree, but unfortunately Bowser Jr. will be the Mario rep.

Also, you are forgetting Dry Bones hasn't been in one.

genofan96
06-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Geno will not get in, it's as simple as that. We all want him in (hell, I even want him in), but he is not going to be in SSB4. As for Mallow, he is a supporting character for one game. One. There is NO POSSIBILITY of Mallow being in.

@Chaos Control: GTFO. No one with at least half a brain believes a Digimon will get in.

We already have three playable characters, two stages, and an Assist Trophy. Star Fox is not under-represented.

K.Rool will come before Dixie. K.Rool is the most requested character (besides Ridley) and has been in almost all DK games, plus he's the main antagonist.

You never know.he could be in.

Apocrypha
06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
You never know.he could be in.

Geno is a third party character (which is proven by his cameo appearance in M&L RPG 2 getting Square-Enix's logo at the end of the game) that only appeared in one game. He was a side character for a Mario game, and quite frankly there are more popular and recognizable characters from the Mario series that can be added, such as Bowser Jr., Waluigi, or Toad. Mainly Bowser Jr.

genofan96
06-19-2009, 10:27 PM
>:( Dont say that!you never know!besides once i get my zelda twilight princess fixed im going to hack SSBB and be geno!!!!!!!(yes,you can if you hack)

Master Zorua
06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
There are four that I want to see get in, one of which was in the first Smash Bros.

Mega Man
Simon Belmont
Krystal
Mewtwo

The first two are Nintendo classics, and since Snake was brought in from an outside developer, there's no reason Nintendo can't ask Capcom and Kanomi to bring these two in.

Krystal would kick so much *** with that staff and staff powers.

And MEWTWO! We must bring the original God of Pokemon back! Supe him up and make turn him into a psychic tank instead of mirroring Lucario's moves (which are mirrored off of Mewtwo's original moves anyway. And before you start, I like both Mewtwo and Lucario, so no I'm not playing favorites).

genofan96
06-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Megaman Is most Likely going to get in,but mewtwo would PWNZOR everythinh with Lucario but Mewtwos not getting in.Krystal probally not.if she Better have the gattling gun from starfox assualt.

evil murkrow
06-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Im assuming pokemon trainer will have new gen pokemon, like the GS/RS/DP Starters. Either set would be pretty cool. And what about ROB? Was he that bad or have we forgotten him. Sorry if some of the stuff in my post has been already said.

Apocrypha
06-26-2009, 02:23 AM
There are four that I want to see get in, one of which was in the first Smash Bros.

Mega Man
Simon Belmont
Krystal
Mewtwo

The first two are Nintendo classics, and since Snake was brought in from an outside developer, there's no reason Nintendo can't ask Capcom and Kanomi to bring these two in.

And MEWTWO! We must bring the original God of Pokemon back! Supe him up and make turn him into a psychic tank instead of mirroring Lucario's moves (which are mirrored off of Mewtwo's original moves anyway. And before you start, I like both Mewtwo and Lucario, so no I'm not playing favorites).

Please explain to me which one of those was in the first Smash Bros.

Genofan, use better grammar.

Master Zorua
06-26-2009, 02:56 AM
Please explain to me which one of those was in the first Smash Bros.

Genofan, use better grammar.

Mewtwo was in the first Smash Bros. game. He was a hidden character unlockable by I believe 24 or 48 hours of gameplay. his moves are similar to Lucario's with a few exceptions, and like Lucario, a light fighter. If you master him, he can wipe the floor with everyone else, but it takes practice.

Leman
06-26-2009, 04:14 AM
Mewtwo was in the first Smash Bros. game. He was a hidden character unlockable by I believe 24 or 48 hours of gameplay. his moves are similar to Lucario's with a few exceptions, and like Lucario, a light fighter. If you master him, he can wipe the floor with everyone else, but it takes practice.

Mewtwo was in Melee. Thats the second one. Mewtwo was the worst character in the game, after Pichu anyways, so if he came back he'd need an upgrade.

Master Zorua
06-26-2009, 04:35 AM
Mewtwo was in Melee. Thats the second one. Mewtwo was the worst character in the game, after Pichu anyways, so if he came back he'd need an upgrade.

Only if you didn't know how to use him. but yes, I think he needs a major upgrade, from light flier to psychic tank. I've already got a whole scheme of how he could be best created, with smash and all.

Grassy_Aggron
06-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Mewtwo wasn't bad, if you knew how to use him ;D

I think they should get rid of Falco. He's a lot worse now in Brawl, with a shorter recovery move. And change the freakin' final smashes! GAWD.

Lol, what about Cinder from Spyro? Female dragon kicking everyone's butt...Awesomeness.

And Ridley doesn't only fly-he can walk too. I mean...He does have legs 0o

So, my list...

Ridley (Giant dragon lol)
Spyro (Little purple dragon XD)
Cinder (Female, black dragon ^^ )
Shadow the Hedgehog (...Need I say more? >:3)
Werehog (C'mon, smacking everyone would be fun XD)
Aggron (Well...We could use a few more heavy characters)

Apocrypha
06-26-2009, 06:12 AM

Mewtwo isn't in the first Smash Bros. game, Super Smash Bros. 64. I have the same problem with people calling Majora's Mask "Zelda II". Melee may have been your first Smash Bros. game (much like Ocarina of Time was for many their first Zelda game), but it's not the first in the series. ******.

Mewtwo wasn't bad, if you knew how to use him ;D

I think they should get rid of Falco. He's a lot worse now in Brawl, with a shorter recovery move. And change the freakin' final smashes! GAWD.

Lol, what about Cinder from Spyro? Female dragon kicking everyone's butt...Awesomeness.

And Ridley doesn't only fly-he can walk too. I mean...He does have legs 0o

So, my list...

Ridley (Giant dragon lol)
Spyro (Little purple dragon XD)
Cinder (Female, black dragon ^^ )
Shadow the Hedgehog (...Need I say more? >:3)
Werehog (C'mon, smacking everyone would be fun XD)
Aggron (Well...We could use a few more heavy characters)

Give him a new moveset yes... get rid of him, no. He's as important as Luigi or Diddy Kong.

As for that list, the only one that has a possibility of getting in is Ridley. Spyro... no. He has a fan following, but that's for the Playstation. This is a NINTENDO game we're talking here. Sonic and Snake are in because that (although they are thrid party characters) they have been on many Nintendo consoles. As for Cinder.... oh god no. Not TWO Spyro characters. Shadow and Werehog... There will NOT be a second Sonic character in. Neither is there going to be a second MGS character. Fanboys need to get that in their ******* mind. As for Aggron... he's not even a deserving or outstanding Pokemon character. He's just another evolution. We are talking important, significant, or major characters here... not some unsung character three people want.

Get real, people.

Grassy_Aggron
06-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Um, Spyro did have games on the Wii, so he IS plausible.

Heck, Shadow stands a good chance of getting in...He made it as an Assist Trophy. Not Tails. Not Silver. Not Knuckles. Shadow did, and they described Assist Trophies as being for "characters that could have been a playable character but couldn't be, whether do to similar movesets or lack of time".

I just want them to change Sonic's Down+B, there's not difference between that and his Side+B, that's why I suggested the Werehog.

Aggron...Well, he's just plain cool XD Nothing really there to defend myself XD

Apocrypha
06-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Um, Spyro did have games on the Wii, so he IS plausible.

Heck, Shadow stands a good chance of getting in...He made it as an Assist Trophy. Not Tails. Not Silver. Not Knuckles. Shadow did, and they described Assist Trophies as being for "characters that could have been a playable character but couldn't be, whether do to similar movesets or lack of time".

I just want them to change Sonic's Down+B, there's not difference between that and his Side+B, that's why I suggested the Werehog.

Aggron...Well, he's just plain cool XD Nothing really there to defend myself XD

Hmm... well I can see your point, but still, we don't need two third party characters of the same series, and I don't think Sakurai will put any in. There's just more plausible reps. You can always hope, though.

evil murkrow
06-27-2009, 12:36 PM
I noticed no-one has mentioned R.O.B? Is he going to be scrapped?

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Okami? Travis Touchdown?

With all the remakes and Mario INSERTSPORTHERE games, it doesn't look like Nintendo is interested in making anything new or original. 3rd party may be all thats left if they keep it up.

More supporting/side/spin off characters does not solve the problem.

General Dunsparce
06-27-2009, 06:37 PM
R.O.B? and the word Scrapped? XD That makes me laugh. Cause he's made of medal. anyone? o_O no? Fine... I don't really know because R.O.B is a decent character but not a lot of people use him... so I dunno XD

Grassy_Aggron
06-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Yep GLaDOS, that's what I mean ^^ 'Course, if they don't put him in they could risk being mobbed by a bunch of Shadow fangirls XD *Whistles innocently*

R.O.B....Hmm...He's difficult to say, really. I mean, he's cool and all...But he seemed to have been put in mostly to serve in the Subspace Emissiary (Sp?). It's really about how much people like him that will determine if he can stay...

That, and the fact he's the only playable robot that shoots LAZEHS from his EYES. Yeah >.> Fear him.

Apocrypha
06-28-2009, 12:49 AM
Okami?
Amaterasu has no chance of getting in. Maybe as an assist trophy. She had one game (on the Wii) and the exact same game on the PS2. In fact, Okami Wii is just a port. Capcom is getting Mega Man in, so they will not get another character.

Travis Touchdown?

...who?

With all the remakes and Mario INSERTSPORTHERE games, it doesn't look like Nintendo is interested in making anything new or original. 3rd party may be all thats left if they keep it up.

More supporting/side/spin off characters does not solve the problem.
No, there's plenty more characters that are not third party that are very important to their respective series, such as Ridley or K.Rool. If supporting/side/spin off characters aren't important, then Luigi, Falco, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Peach, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Shiek, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Ike, and Lucas wouldn't be present in the SSB series.

R.O.B? and the word Scrapped? XD That makes me laugh. Cause he's made of medal. anyone? o_O no? Fine... I don't really know because R.O.B is a decent character but not a lot of people use him... so I dunno XD

Yep GLaDOS, that's what I mean ^^ 'Course, if they don't put him in they could risk being mobbed by a bunch of Shadow fangirls XD *Whistles innocently*

R.O.B....Hmm...He's difficult to say, really. I mean, he's cool and all...But he seemed to have been put in mostly to serve in the Subspace Emissiary (Sp?). It's really about how much people like him that will determine if he can stay...

That, and the fact he's the only playable robot that shoots LAZEHS from his EYES. Yeah >.> Fear him.

R.O.B. was the thing that saved Nintendo from the Gaming Crash (look it up on Wikipedia), and since he was in the recent Mario Kart DS, Nintendo wanted to put him in too. Sadly, he's not important enough to remain (just like Roy wasn't), so he will be scrapped from SSB4 (we think).

Vevevicamp
06-28-2009, 07:30 AM
If Megaman is getting in, will Zero accompany him?

General Dunsparce
06-28-2009, 07:20 PM
He was in Mario Kart DS? Wow I never knew that. *Gives points to ROB* Maybe Zero will accompany him, but we won't know for sure until.... SUPER SMASH BROTHERS....whatever it will be called.

Moe2
06-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Honestly I dont care who/what is in the game as long as they fix the gameplay mechanics. That is the priority, next if they could set up a decent Online server that doesnt lag... if only we lived in a perfect world...

General Dunsparce
06-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I agree with you 100%!
Yes better online play, less loading time. Oh and maybe we can learn to be patient with the creators of the game so they don't cut people out and use all the time they want to MAKE IT A GOOD GAME. (Not saying brawl is a bad game)

Apocrypha
06-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Zero will not get in due to the fact there will not be two Megaman characters in.

Although I do want him to. I <3 Megaman.

Ridley
06-29-2009, 12:44 AM
I've seen quite a few people yelling that Ridley is too big to be turned into a playable character.

Obviously, they don't remember the Bowser fight from Super Mario 64.

Loyal Kingdra
06-29-2009, 01:08 AM
How about Walawigi? (No idea how to spell his name) It seems weird having Mario and Luigi and only Wario.

Apocrypha
06-29-2009, 04:18 AM
I've seen quite a few people yelling that Ridley is too big to be turned into a playable character.

Obviously, they don't remember the Bowser fight from Super Mario 64.

^this.

Also, Olimar is supposed to be the size of a quarter. They scaled him up, they can scale Ridley down.

How about Walawigi? (No idea how to spell his name) It seems weird having Mario and Luigi and only Wario.

Waluigi has been in many games, but only the Mario spin-offs, and Bowser Jr. is more likely to get in.

General Dunsparce
06-30-2009, 01:09 AM
^this.

Also, Olimar is supposed to be the size of a quarter. They scaled him up, they can scale Ridley down.

But still, all ridley can do is fly. Its nice to have people to play as that can be on the ground. Well then again I guess there is a possibility that you can just have ridley hover...

Apocrypha
06-30-2009, 06:56 AM
But still, all ridley can do is fly. Its nice to have people to play as that can be on the ground. Well then again I guess there is a possibility that you can just have ridley hover...

Ridley can do much more than fly, good sir. Go play a ******* Metroid game.

The possibility of him hovering would not be hard at all. In fact, it's extremely easy and I don't see why not put it in there.

Ridley
06-30-2009, 06:56 PM
But still, all ridley can do is fly. Its nice to have people to play as that can be on the ground.

SINCE YOU ARE LIKE SOMETHING IN ONE GAME YOU HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGNH

In all of the Kirby games except Kirby 64 (and air ride?), Kirby and Meta Knight can fly endlessly. SSB? Only 5 jumps.

Cape Mario can fly endlessly, almost. SSB? Cape doesn't even fly.

In Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission, Samus has infinite doublejumps. SSB? Only 1 extra jump.

In every single Metroid game, Samus can't save a charged shot for later without holding B constantly.

By gameplay logic, all Captain Falcon can do is race, and he still got into SSB.

In SM64 Bowser could jump 200 feet what

In the Pokemon games, Rock Smash does NOT kill or severely hurt everything in 1 or 2 hits.

If you think all Ridley does is fly, go play some Metroid and then come back here. 3/4 of MP3's entire Omega Ridley fight takes place on the ground, no flying.

Apocrypha
06-30-2009, 07:19 PM
SINCE YOU ARE LIKE SOMETHING IN ONE GAME YOU HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGNH

In all of the Kirby games except Kirby 64 (and air ride?), Kirby and Meta Knight can fly endlessly. SSB? Only 5 jumps.

Cape Mario can fly endlessly, almost. SSB? Cape doesn't even fly.

In Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission, Samus has infinite doublejumps. SSB? Only 1 extra jump.

In every single Metroid game, Samus can't save a charged shot for later without holding B constantly.

By gameplay logic, all Captain Falcon can do is race, and he still got into SSB.

In SM64 Bowser could jump 200 feet what

In the Pokemon games, Rock Smash does NOT kill or severely hurt everything in 1 or 2 hits.

If you think all Ridley does is fly, go play some Metroid and then come back here. 3/4 of MP3's entire Omega Ridley fight takes place on the ground, no flying.

This x 1000

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Amaterasu has no chance of getting in. Maybe as an assist trophy. She had one game (on the Wii) and the exact same game on the PS2. In fact, Okami Wii is just a port. Capcom is getting Mega Man in, so they will not get another character.

...who?

No, there's plenty more characters that are not third party that are very important to their respective series, such as Ridley or K.Rool. If supporting/side/spin off characters aren't important, then Luigi, Falco, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Peach, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Shiek, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Ike, and Lucas wouldn't be present in the SSB series.

Travis Touchdown is the main protaganist in No More Heros.

I didnt say side characters werent important, but how many are left, really? My point is, without new IPs or anything ORIGINAL, we may not be seeing any new satisfying characters. Honestly, K. Rool would just be another slow powerful fighter. Ridley could be interesting.

Apocrypha
07-07-2009, 02:41 AM
Travis Touchdown is the main protaganist in No More Heros.

I doubt that someone from a game I've never heard of will get in. No offense.

I didnt say side characters werent important, but how many are left, really? My point is, without new IPs or anything ORIGINAL, we may not be seeing any new satisfying characters.

Yes, but here is where your logical fallacies are flawed. Smash Bros. isn't a game about characters that are original. Many characters can be original, but they don't truly fit the purpose (take Airman from Mega Man 2 for example. How many characters do you know that can mess around with the air? It would TOTALLY be original!). Smash Bros. is a fighting game where you take your favorite important character from an important Nintendo series and beat the **** out of other characters. They are going to be aiming for importan characters from their series. K.Rool, Ridley, and Mega Man are the most notable.

Honestly, K. Rool would just be another slow powerful fighter.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6964930&postcount=5

Read that please. The whole thing.

K.Rool is going to be in because he's an EXTREMELY important character from the Donkey Kong series, one of Nintendo's best and also the most underrepresented (with the exclusion of F-ZERO.

Emeraldsuicune
07-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Actually, I think Midna might get a place. I'd also like to see Tetra.

Metallic Houndoom
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I think instead of having Midna as a separate character, Link should be able to transform into Wolf Link with Midna, maybe for a final smash or something.
They should make Tingle playable too lol. He could... uh... sell maps???

Operative
07-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Jigglypuff...

I'd like them to take it out.

I'm starting to get irritated with the puff ball.

Sheepat
07-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I think the Digimon should go in, but anyways, put me on the list!

c_t_f
07-08-2009, 06:18 AM
If SSB4 ends up being on the Wii, my best guess is that there'll be a 'Mii' character, where you'd choose a Mii from the ones you've created, and the 'Mii' characters would always have the same moves. (shrugs) Heck, it's more than likely not going to happen, but still, it's crazy enough to work.

@CTF@

FLSHK
07-10-2009, 02:56 AM
I honestly would like to see Mega Man [the original one (no pun on Arceus intended)] get in. I'd also like to see Mewtwo back in (it was fun to play as it in Melee, and I was disappointed when it didn't get into Brawl).

Operative
07-10-2009, 02:59 AM

Uck, no.

Digimon have nothing to do with Nintendo. Let alone a stable video gaming company. We're lucky that they even put Snake [ Which I love, btw. ] and Sonic in there. Be greatful.

Leave them out.

MaskedJackal
07-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Mega Man
Simon Belmont

Agreed.

Agreed.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3206/kirbyraeg.jpg

If mewtwo's moves are mirrored from Lucario's, then I don't see the point in putting in someone inferior to Lucario with a similar moveset.

Lord Fedora
07-11-2009, 11:57 AM
If mewtwo's moves are mirrored from Lucario's, then I don't see the point in putting in someone inferior to Lucario with a similar moveset.

First of all LL, Lucario came after Mewtwo, so therefore Lucario's moves would be mirrored from Mewtwo. Second of all, Mewtwo and Lucario are nothing alike moveset-wise. The only move they share in common is the basic B, which they also have in common with Samus, and I think maybe the side-B, thought I can't remember Mewtwo's Side-B. But Mewtwo doesn't have a counter-move, and Lucario doesn't use Teleport. Third of all, I'd like to point out the very large number of inferior clones in this game. Ganondorf, Toon Link, Lucas, Falco, Pichu, plus the ungodly number of clones in Melee.

Gaia
07-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Isaac will totally make it into the roster for the next SSB game, no doubt about that.

Balloon Fighter from Balloon Fight might, just might join the next roster, though even I know its going to be helluva difficult for designers to create a moveset for him (he has his body carried by balloons...) I'm not crossing my fingers for his appearance as a playable character though.

Though, my finger's crossed for a playable character appearance from Animal Crossing. And a comeback from all the guys who were cut out from the SSBB roster from SSBM, except for Roy (eck). I loved Doc (he was actually a great addition to the SSBM roster IMO), Young Link (Ocarina Of Time :P), Pichu (he/it looked good on the roster XD) and Mewtwo (mained him on SSBM, loved him).

Volcanflame
07-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Wishlist (kinda :P)

- Alternate Pokemon Trainer. Maybe Kris from Crystal with the GSC starters
- Someone from Animal Crossing, seriously! Preferably Tom Nook :D
- More from FE series? Micaiah would be nice :P
- Lucas ... I just hope he stays, he's my favorite character from SSBB :V
- Raguna (Rune Factory series) or someone from Harvest Moon series

That's all for now I guess o:

-Volcan-

Apocrypha
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Actually, I think Midna might get a place. I'd also like to see Tetra.
Midna won't get a place unless she appears in another game and the fan base is REALLY high, as stated by Eiji Aonuma.

Tetra will definitely not get in, because we already have Zelda/Sheik.

I think instead of having Midna as a separate character, Link should be able to transform into Wolf Link with Midna, maybe for a final smash or something.
They should make Tingle playable too lol. He could... uh... sell maps???
No... no.

and Tingle IS getting in, because he has an EXTREMELY high fan base in Japan, plus his own three starring games.
Jigglypuff...

I'd like them to take it out.

I'm starting to get irritated with the puff ball.
Hell no. Jigglypuff is the second most popular Pokemon in Japan, plus she has a large fan base outside of Japan, AND she was in the original twelve. Not going to happen.

JESUS CHRIST, WILL YOU FAN BOYS STOP ASKING FOR ******* DIGIMON IN SMASH BROS I HATE IT AND I WILL IGNORE ANYONE ELSE WHO MENTIONS DIGIMON BECAUSE ONLY ******* RETARDED PEOPLE DO THIS SORT OF THING

If SSB4 ends up being on the Wii, my best guess is that there'll be a 'Mii' character, where you'd choose a Mii from the ones you've created, and the 'Mii' characters would always have the same moves. (shrugs) Heck, it's more than likely not going to happen, but still, it's crazy enough to work.

@CTF@

That's possible, but a slim, and very slim chance. Mii are more of a casual kiddie app. for the Wii and not aimed at all at serious gaming. They also have next to no fan base.

I honestly would like to see Mega Man [the original one (no pun on Arceus intended)] get in. I'd also like to see Mewtwo back in (it was fun to play as it in Melee, and I was disappointed when it didn't get into Brawl).

Mega Man is definitely going to be in because he has contributed so much to gaming, Capcom needs a rep., his games are all on Nintendo consoles, AND he has a very high fan base.

Uck, no.

Digimon have nothing to do with Nintendo. Let alone a stable video gaming company. We're lucky that they even put Snake [ Which I love, btw. ] and Sonic in there. Be greatful.

Leave them out.

I agree with this post 400%.

You best be trolling. Lucario is mirrored from Mewtwo, not the other way around. INFERIOR? I'm sorry, but Mewtwo > Lucario.

First of all LL, Lucario came after Mewtwo, so therefore Lucario's moves would be mirrored from Mewtwo. Second of all, Mewtwo and Lucario are nothing alike moveset-wise. The only move they share in common is the basic B, which they also have in common with Samus, and I think maybe the side-B, thought I can't remember Mewtwo's Side-B. But Mewtwo doesn't have a counter-move, and Lucario doesn't use Teleport. Third of all, I'd like to point out the very large number of inferior clones in this game. Ganondorf, Toon Link, Lucas, Falco, Pichu, plus the ungodly number of clones in Melee.

^this

Isaac will totally make it into the roster for the next SSB game, no doubt about that.

Balloon Fighter from Balloon Fight might, just might join the next roster, though even I know its going to be helluva difficult for designers to create a moveset for him (he has his body carried by balloons...) I'm not crossing my fingers for his appearance as a playable character though.

Though, my finger's crossed for a playable character appearance from Animal Crossing. And a comeback from all the guys who were cut out from the SSBB roster from SSBM, except for Roy (eck). I loved Doc (he was actually a great addition to the SSBM roster IMO), Young Link (Ocarina Of Time :P), Pichu (he/it looked good on the roster XD) and Mewtwo (mained him on SSBM, loved him).

I agree with you until the last paragraph. Balloon Fighter would make a great retro rep, and has already been discussed as being in there, but it sadly might not be. He also has a great potential for moveset:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7045620&postcount=611

We do not need Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, and Pichu, as they were fail clones.

MEWTWO WILL NOT GET IN BECAUSE LUCARIO HAS A LARGE FAN BASE AND A MOVIE ALTHOUGH MEWTWO DOES, LUCARIO HAS A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING IN.

Even though I want Mewtwo in :'(

Elrond
07-11-2009, 10:44 PM

Fail @ last sentence. Pichu and the clones from Melee werem indeed, clones, but Ganondorf, Toon Link, Lucas, and Falco are no longer clones. The only one whose moveset is still very close to his predecessor is Toon Link, who plays very differently from Link.

I agree with the first half, though.

Apocrypha
07-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Fail @ last sentence. Pichu and the clones from Melee werem indeed, clones, but Ganondorf, Toon Link, Lucas, and Falco are no longer clones. The only one whose moveset is still very close to his predecessor is Toon Link, who plays very differently from Link.

I agree with the first half, though.

Falco, Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Lucas still are clones, even if they play differently.

Leman
07-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Falco, Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Lucas still are clones, even if they play differently.

Falco and Lucas have slightly different movesets. Ex: Falco's F-Tilt is different, and Lucas has PK Flash instead of Freeze, (or the other way around)

Apocrypha
07-12-2009, 04:18 AM
Falco and Lucas have slightly different movesets. Ex: Falco's F-Tilt is different, and Lucas has PK Flash instead of Freeze, (or the other way around)

You are right, but a majority of the moves are alike (INCLUDING THE FINAL SMASH) then it is a clone.

MaskedJackal
07-12-2009, 05:42 AM

I know they are nothing alike. I was just going by what the other guy said.

wait...

Falco? Inferior? Have you ever played Smash Brothers before?

You best be trolling. Lucario is mirrored from Mewtwo, not the other way around. INFERIOR? I'm sorry, but Mewtwo > Lucario.

Wow. I'm not an expert by any means, but it's pretty much common knowledge that mewtwo was the equivalent of a turd in Melee.

I mean, think of other catastrophic failures in history. The 2008 Detroit Lions, Metallica's "St. Anger" album, the stimulus bill, Windows Vista... none of those can even touch how terrible mewtwo was in Melee.

Elrond
07-12-2009, 05:14 PM

I think the only non-special move that Lucas has in common with Ness is their forward smash. Every other move is different. Falco is in the same situation.

Last time I checked, a clone was basically the same character, like how Dr. Mario and Mario had one move slightly different in Melee (neutral special).

Toon Link is currently the only one that falls into that category at all, and he plays nothing like Link at all... I would even hesitate to call him a clone.

And Wunschy... Mewtwo pwns Lucario's newby dog ass any day of the week. </intentionalinstigationofargumentsthatIamcompletely neutralto>

:D

Lord Fedora
07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Falco? Inferior? Have you ever played Smash Brothers before?

... okay, maybe Falco isn't inferior, but the rest are.

Wow. I'm not an expert by any means, but it's pretty much common knowledge that mewtwo was the equivalent of a turd in Melee.

I mean, think of other catastrophic failures in history. The 2008 Detroit Lions, Metallica's "St. Anger" album, the stimulus bill, Windows Vista... none of those can even touch how terrible mewtwo was in Melee.

You talking bout my Melee main boy? Where I come from that's as bad as talking bout a man's momma. I'll have you know, troll, that in the right hands Mewtwo comes out on top every time (ironic, considering that even in the wrong hands it was indestructible in 1st Gen). How do I know this? Because I'm the right hands for Mewtwo, and I come out on top every time.

MaskedJackal
07-12-2009, 06:56 PM
You talking bout my Melee main boy? Where I come from that's as bad as talking bout a man's momma. I'll have you know, troll, that in the right hands Mewtwo comes out on top every time (ironic, considering that even in the wrong hands it was indestructible in 1st Gen). How do I know this? Because I'm the right hands for Mewtwo, and I come out on top every time.

How am I the troll? Trolling would be like trying to argue that mewtwo was even remotely good. You've gotta be doing this for the lulz. I may not agree with you, but you seem to be a pretty smart guy. Cut the crap and admit that mewtwo was awful in Melee.

@Elrond: Lol @ that, man. Lucario would use his Aura-wielding capabilities to negate mewtwo's psychic crap, then go in close and beat mewtwo like a red-headed stepchild (I apologize if I offended any red-headed stepchildren. I have nothing against y'all, in fact, collectively, I love you all. <3) Lucario doesn't need special powers to hide behind. He fights like a man. Plus, he's only 3'11, yet he weighs like 130lbs or something. That is solid! You could hit him in the head with a 2x4 and he wouldn't even blink!

Ok, in all seriousness, mewtwo was bottom tier in Melee. Bottom tier =/= good. I realize that skilled players can pull out some victories with him, but he was still vastly inferior to most of the roster. An expert mewtwo player would lose to a Falco main of the same skill level. You catch my drift?

Apocrypha
07-12-2009, 10:16 PM
How am I the troll? Trolling would be like trying to argue that mewtwo was even remotely good. You've gotta be doing this for the lulz. I may not agree with you, but you seem to be a pretty smart guy. Cut the crap and admit that mewtwo was awful in Melee.

@Elrond: Lol @ that, man. Lucario would use his Aura-wielding capabilities to negate mewtwo's psychic crap, then go in close and beat mewtwo like a red-headed stepchild (I apologize if I offended any red-headed stepchildren. I have nothing against y'all, in fact, collectively, I love you all. <3) Lucario doesn't need special powers to hide behind. He fights like a man. Plus, he's only 3'11, yet he weighs like 130lbs or something. That is solid! You could hit him in the head with a 2x4 and he wouldn't even blink!

Ok, in all seriousness, mewtwo was bottom tier in Melee. Bottom tier =/= good. I realize that skilled players can pull out some victories with him, but he was still vastly inferior to most of the roster. An expert mewtwo player would lose to a Falco main of the same skill level. You catch my drift?

I smell Lucario fanboyism.

... okay, maybe Falco isn't inferior, but the rest are.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2568/1stier.png
Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7431/2atier.png
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9304/3btier.png
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7844/4ctier.png
Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/179/4dtier.png
Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8077/5etier.png
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2296/6ftier.png
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Condensed Version
S: Meta Knight, Snake, Wario, Falco, Diddy Kong, King Dedede
A: Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Olimar, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Kirby
B: Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Pit, Donkey Kong
C: Peach, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Sonic, Sheik
D: Bowser, Zelda, Pokémon Trainer, Ike
E: Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

Only two clones in Brawl are inferior to their counterparts.

Gokudera-Kun
07-12-2009, 10:23 PM

This part made lmfao. Olimar is supposed to be an inch tall in actuality. Sakurai doesn't really give a f*** about how tall and heavy they are in the games, THERE ARE NO 2x4's IN BRAWL, aura can't negate psychic, and Lucario has just as many attacks that involve his aura as Mewtwo(I think he has more in fact), also, Mewtwo's fighting style isn't "Kick my arse so I canz fire a bigger Shadow Ball". kthxbai

Apocrypha
07-12-2009, 10:26 PM
This part made lmfao. Olimar is supposed to be an inch tall in actuality. Sakurai doesn't really give a f*** about how tall and heavy they are in the games, THERE ARE NO 2x4's IN BRAWL, aura can't negate psychic, and Lucario has just as many attacks that involve his aura as Mewtwo(I think he has more in fact), also, Mewtwo's fighting style isn't "Kick my arse so I canz fire a bigger Shadow Ball". kthxbai

Thisthisthisthisthis.

MaskedJackal
07-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Have we met before?

edit

Yeah but Lucario can also fight with his fists. mewtwo is an out-of-shape punk with no athleticism whatsoever.

I think the tiers speak for themselves. Mewtwo was toilet tier (I don't know how far the letters went in Melee), while Lucario is high-B tier (above average).

By the way, the fact that Lucario thrives off pain is just a testament to how tough he is.

Lord Fedora
07-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Have we met before?

For once we agree on something. Seriously, have you not met this guy?

Yeah but Lucario can also fight with his fists. mewtwo is an out-of-shape punk with no athleticism whatsoever.

First of all, I'd like to point out that Mewtwo singlehandedly took down the highest class Pokemon of Gen I, went toe to toe with Mew, the adorable pink kitty fetus of death, and was literally indestructable in Gen I to the point where anyone using him might as well have been declared the winner. He wasn't the best in Melee, and was statistically one of the worst, but don't just go insulting him for no reason. That, LL, is what makes you the troll here.

Second of all, I'd like to point out that every physical attack Lucario uses is Aura enforced, thus making him no less reliant on his powers than Mewtwo.

I think the tiers speak for themselves. Mewtwo was toilet tier (I don't know how far the letters went in Melee), while Lucario is high-B tier (above average).

I honestly don't believe in tiers. It all comes down to the skill of the players.

By the way, the fact that Lucario thrives off pain is just a testament to how tough he is.

Actually, it's a testament to how much he relies on his powers, in fact just as much as Mewtwo. But moreso it's a testament to how he was built for players like me, who are really good at not being killed, but really bad at not getting knocked all over the place. Yeah, I'm testifying against Lucario here when in fact he's one of my three mains in Brawl, alongside Meta Knight and Diddy Kong.

Gokudera-Kun
07-12-2009, 11:52 PM

Then why doesn't he? All his smash moves involve him shooting his aura at some point.

Nobody cares about tiers, it's just an excuse for sucking.

He doesn't thrive, he just gets more flashy lights and a bigger Aura Sphere. While Lucario has to take 100+ Damage to be able to do crap, tons of characters can KO without the need to get kicked around the stage.

Elrond
07-12-2009, 11:52 PM

Actually, Mewtwo would use his base 154 Sp. Atk to whip out an insanely powerful Psychic OHKO on Lucario, unless he was a baby and using a Focus Sash. And wait, he's 130 lbs at 3'11??? Damn, he's let himself go. He must wear huge T-shirts or something, cause that is ONE FAT BIZNATCH. (I apologize if I offended any fat biznatches. I have nothing against y'all, in fact, collectively, I love you all. <3).

</seriouslulz>

Condensed Version
S: Meta Knight, Snake, Wario, Falco, Diddy Kong, King Dedede
A: Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Olimar, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Kirby
B: Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Pit, Donkey Kong
C: Peach, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Sonic, Sheik
D: Bowser, Zelda, Pokémon Trainer, Ike
E: Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

Only two clones in Brawl are inferior to their counterparts.

QFT. Especially the part about Lucario fanboyism; though I still disagree that Wolf and Ganondorf, etc., really classify as clones anymore, I agree that many of these so-called clones are superior to their counterparts.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, LOL at Lucario masochism?

Gokudera-Kun
07-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Actually, Mewtwo would use his base 154 Sp. Atk to whip out an insanely powerful Psychic OHKO on Lucario, unless he was a baby and using a Focus Sash. And wait, he's 130 lbs at 3'11??? Damn, he's let himself go. He must wear huge T-shirts or something, cause that is ONE FAT BIZNATCH. (I apologize if I offended any fat biznatches. I have nothing against y'all, in fact, collectively, I love you all. <3).

</seriouslulz>

Apology accepted. You did it for the lulz.

Edit: He sees Lucario as http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/141/a/1/Buff_lucario_by_gaomon_sensei.jpg, when he really looks like http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa448.png

MaskedJackal
07-13-2009, 01:30 AM
I honestly don't believe in tiers. It all comes down to the skill of the players.

Skill matters more than anything, but tiers still matter whether you like it or not. mewtwo was the worst character in Melee, so using him would give you a huge disadvantage against players of similar skill.

Screw all this battling nonsense. Lucario would use his superior athleticism to stick his foot in mewtwo's arse and proceed to beat him to a bloody pulp.

@Nyurgh: Muscle weighs more than fat. Oh, and my bad, he weighs 119lbs. Check any online Pokedex. He's built.

By the way, that sprite is awesome.

Elrond
07-13-2009, 05:32 PM
[quote]Screw all this battling nonsense. Lucario would use his superior athleticism to stick his foot in mewtwo's arse and proceed to beat him to a bloody pulp.

@Nyurgh: Muscle weighs more than fat. Oh, and my bad, he weighs 119lbs. Check any online Pokedex. He's built.

By the way, that sprite is awesome.

First, Lucario would have to actually get near Mewtwo, which we all know would be impossible given Mewtwo's insane powers, as evidenced in the first movie.

And wait... Lucario went from 130 lbs to 119 in the space of a few hours... that's like... extreme bulemia or something. Wow.

@ Tiers argument: I never really paid much attention to tiers in Melee. I mained Pichu, so I spit on your tiers. Also, I don't plan on ever playing in pro tournies, so it's not like they would matter much to me anyway.

uberpokemonx
07-14-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm betting MK gets nerfed down to mid-low tier at least. Remember Ness, Pikachu, and Kirby from 64? Then look at them in Melee. Also, 14.9-out-of-15-points Fox from Melee ended up way lower in Brawl.

I'm still not sure Mega Man has even a fair chance of making it in; then again, my opinion was the same for Sonic and he snuck in via a popularity poll. :p

Boss ---> character is a bit much; Ridley is less plausible now than before.

I'm dreading we'll see Sahdow as a near-exact Sonic clone.

Dark Samus? Please? Clone or not (and I can think of many ways to avoid that anyway, the only necessary similarity is neutral-B), I want Dark Samus.

The game will be cheapened, a lot, if create-a-character or Miis show up.

Captain Falcon for 15/15 top-tier. However much fun it is to use him as the worst character in Brawl and still win, it's getting tiresome hearing people hate on him for being so bad.

Poliwagged
07-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Pokemon Trainer Gold.
Totodile, Bayleef, Typhlosion.

MaskedJackal
07-17-2009, 05:44 PM
First, Lucario would have to actually get near Mewtwo, which we all know would be impossible given Mewtwo's insane powers, as evidenced in the first movie.

And wait... Lucario went from 130 lbs to 119 in the space of a few hours... that's like... extreme bulemia or something. Wow.

@ Tiers argument: I never really paid much attention to tiers in Melee. I mained Pichu, so I spit on your tiers. Also, I don't plan on ever playing in pro tournies, so it's not like they would matter much to me anyway.

I didn't know the exact Pokedex entry. I thought it was around 120-130 range, and it happened to be 119. Pfft, big deal.

Lol, Lucario would Aura Storm that noob into oblivion.

Saying mewtwo was good in Melee is like saying the Detroit Lions were an okay team last year. Yeah, maybe if they traded their entire team for the Patriots or something. That's kind of what Sakurai did. He traded mewtwo for a superior character (Lucario).

Apocrypha
07-18-2009, 02:41 AM
[QUOTE=Elrond;2837976]

I didn't know the exact Pokedex entry. I thought it was around 120-130 range, and it happened to be 119. Pfft, big deal.

Lol, Lucario would Aura Storm that noob into oblivion.

Saying mewtwo was good in Melee is like saying the Detroit Lions were an okay team last year. Yeah, maybe if they traded their entire team for the Patriots or something. That's kind of what Sakurai did. He traded mewtwo for a superior character (Lucario).

Please take your ****** Lucario fanboyism out of this thread, before I feed you to Mew2King (the greatest MK player there is).

Gokudera-Kun
07-18-2009, 02:46 AM
Lucario was just thrown in Brawl so furries can get their fap on. That's why all Lucario players suck: You can't Brawl with only one hand.

MaskedJackal
07-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Lucario was just thrown in Brawl so furries can get their fap on. That's why all Lucario players suck: You can't Brawl with only one hand.

Maybe that's what you do, but I'm a bit more mature than that. I wait until after the match. ;)

Ok ok, in all seriousness, it's not my fault if all the furries are head over heels for him. I mean, furries are all over the StarFox characters' jocks too, but nobody says anything about that.

Lord Fedora
07-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Maybe that's what you do, but I'm a bit more mature than that. I wait until after the match. ;)

Ok ok, in all seriousness, it's not my fault if all the furries are head over heels for him. I mean, furries are all over the StarFox characters' jocks too, but nobody says anything about that.
Yeah, but they're the main characters of a popular Nintendo series. Lucario is one of 459, a number of which would fill the gap if they decided to toss him.

That said, please do stop it with the unnecessary Lucario fanboyism LL. You like Lucario. A lot of people like Lucario. Hell, I like Lucario. But a lot of us like Mewtwo too. And no one is going to convince anyone the other way, so cut it out with the arguing because this is one debate that no one is going to win, and quite frankly isn't fun anymore.

MaskedJackal
07-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but they're the main characters of a popular Nintendo series. Lucario is one of 459, a number of which would fill the gap if they decided to toss him.

What does that have to do with anything? Lucario is clearly not your average Pokemon. He is the face of the four generation.

Sean
07-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Little Mac would be pro.