PDA

View Full Version : - Money or Trip -

Ajarr
02-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Well here's the deal: My family are going on a trip to Cancoon (IDK if I spelled it right), Mexico in June and my mom made a deal with me. She said if I don't go, she would pay me $500 dollars. The thing is I don't know what do decide on. The trip is going to be for a week and we get to travel by plane and do all sorts of other stuff however if I get paid $500 dollars I could save it and buy something really big.

So what do you think I should do, Money or Trip?

Black Hawk
02-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Well here's the deal: My family are going on a trip to Cancoon (IDK if I spelled it right), Mexico in June and my mom made a deal with me. She said if I don't go, she would pay me $500 dollars. The thing is I don't know what do decide on. The trip is going to be for a week and we get to travel by plane and do all sorts of other stuff however if I get paid $500 dollars I could save it and buy something really big.

So what do you think I should do, Money or Trip?

If you've never been to Cancun before, definitely take the trip. It's an awesome experience and you'll have tons of fun in that week.

And plus, the stuff you'll do on the trip is probably more expensive than $500.

Ajarr
02-21-2009, 02:46 PM
If you've never been to Cancun before, definitely take the trip. It's an awesome experience and you'll have tons of fun in that week.

And plus, the stuff you'll do on the trip is probably more expensive than $500.

Maybe you're right, but I'm going to try to get everyone's opinions on it. If I do go I have to get my passport next month so I'll make my decision within 30 days.

silverlugia2
02-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Honestly, I would take the money just because..... Well I like money. You could always use the money for something you need in the future or just save it. Really it all dpeneds on how much you want to go on the trip, just go with your gut feeling is all I can say.

Yoda55
02-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Take the money bro

Synester
02-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I'd honestly take the money. I've been there, and its not really fun when you can't go drink or party =\.

Carmen
02-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Well, I'd probably take the money but then I've heard Cancun is an awesome place.
If there's something you really want at the moment then take the money, if not go on the trip.

Ranma
02-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I'd take the trip.

Operative
02-21-2009, 10:38 PM
If it were me, I'd take the trip.

Graceful_Suicune
02-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Trips can bring memories. If your family is going without you, there could be a lot you're missing out on. I'd go. I mean, if you don't have anythin in mind that you could use the money for, then go for the trip. :3 It would be better value...plus, planes are awesome! :D You'll probably have a really good experience. :3

~Xanthe.

Ranma
02-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Wait why doesn't she want you to go anyway? =/

Synester
02-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Wait why doesn't she want you to go anyway? =/Thats what I want to know

The Admiral GiMoo
02-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Go to Cancun and take pictures, then you will have a life-lasting memory of that place.

Ridley
02-22-2009, 12:23 AM
If you have a job/source of income, definitely take the trip. Either way, job or not, the trip has more overall value than 500 bucks. Especially years from now for memories.

Professor Geoffrey
02-22-2009, 01:58 AM
I personally would take the money, because I hate Mexico.

But you're going to need to save that money. Trust me. I'd go into political stuff, but I'm trying to limit myself on politics, and it's off-topic.

:3

([.::G::.])

Sixto
02-22-2009, 02:25 AM
I've been to Cancun, it's lots of fun. But a lot has changed since the last time I was there. Hurricanes have struck it head on and crime has gone up significantly. I travel a lot, and that includes going to various cities in Mexico to see relatives. Although I have not been assaulted personally when going, I wouldn't suggest waiting to see it happen.

In this case, it's really up to you. It's highly unlikely anything bad is going to happen, especially with the protection of your parents, but then again $500 is a good amount of money. You can buy lots of things with it.

Shadow Eevee
02-22-2009, 02:55 AM
Trip, considering I've heard it's really cool there. Besides, I'd rather spend time with my family then get money.

Eeveedude
02-22-2009, 04:17 AM
I realise why you would be so stressed over this cause to me that's a hard decision. Firstly I would go on the trip because I would always regret not going and wandering what would have had happened if I had gone. Secondly, you will almost always have opportunities to make money later on but how many opportunities do you have to go on a vacation with your family?

atucker22
02-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Dude, go on the trip, Cancun is a really nice place (I went last year)

Ajarr
02-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Wait why doesn't she want you to go anyway? =/

Well I'm not exactly what you would call a "good little boy". IDK about what I'm going to do yet. There is something I want to do with the money and that's either save it or spend it on equipment because I'm going to do my own Youtube series called "Scooby Dooby Doo Foo", (It's a funny remake of the Scooby Doo series.) I have to use some of the money to buy the actual costumes of the characters and then some really nice camcorder along with some other stuff.

On the other hand the trip could be fun so this is what'll I do. On the poll thing, when one of the choices reaches 30 votes I'll go along with that one.

TeirusuFX
02-23-2009, 08:45 PM
It depends

If you think you haven't bonded enough with your family, go take the trip and have a nice time

If you have, take the money, think of all the possibilities

IMO, I say take the money, if your the misbehaving type, then you should take the money rather than ruining a vacation

♪スタフィー♪
♫Stafy♫

WatchMeBeQuieter
02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Your mom pays you not to go with her?

O_o

Anyways, I think you should go on the trip. Could be very fun, and you may not get the chance to go back there.

Ajarr
02-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Your mom pays you not to go with her?

O_o

Anyways, I think you should go on the trip. Could be very fun, and you may not get the chance to go back there.

Well, not really. My older sister wants my spot on the trip and my mom would pay me $500 dollars to give the spot to her. Then my sister would have to pay my mom back later on.

Ranma
02-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Well, not really. My older sister wants my spot on the trip and my mom would pay me $500 dollars to give the spot to her. Then my sister would have to pay my mom back later on.

Ah, that makes sense.

Well I'd say if it seems your sister would really enjoy going, then you should let her.

Game Over
02-24-2009, 01:07 AM
I say take the trip, over the weekend I chose to not take advantedge of an oppurtuinity, and now I am starting to regret that decision. Besides, you never know what could happen during your trip, and many people like myself never get to take trips, so if I was even offered the oppurtuinity, I would take it, but thats just my opinion.

Ajarr
02-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Oh hell with it, I'm going on the trip. It's obviously going to be time for the trip before I get thirty votes on either choice. I'll try to find some other way to find money.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
02-24-2009, 01:25 AM
I would take the money, but you should probably go on the trip. Then again, save that money and eventually go somewhere you want to go to even more

Ajarr
02-24-2009, 01:27 AM
I would take the money, but you should probably go on the trip. Then again, save that money and eventually go somewhere you want to go to even more

Ah geez, I wish you hadn't said that. I'm just going to flip a coin and decide what I do. Ok.... here I go, heads will be trip and tails will be money. *Flips coin* It's heads so I'm still going on the trip.

Synester
02-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Ah geez, I wish you hadn't said that. I'm just going to flip a coin and decide what I do. Ok.... here I go, heads will be trip and tails will be money. *Flips coin* It's heads so I'm still going on the trip.Like I said before, if you're not 18 or 21, its no fun at all, youll be stuck with some pictures that you'll forget about in a few weeks and some crappy necklaces and bracelets. Hopefully you don't have your organs stolen while you're sleeping :9.

Ayotui
02-24-2009, 04:55 PM
take the trip i mean the family is the most important

ashketchum
02-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Okay, if I were you I would take the trip. Mainly because it is with your family. You don't know when they will die. You don't even know when you're going to die. It would make your parents happy to see that their son/daughter is going out with them willingly. And even though we have a shortage in money these days, I believe there will be more to come to you. Just be patient. For now, have fun with your family. Plus, it would be a good experience for you if you have never been there. But, it is your choice.

I also agree with Sixto's comment. $500 is a good amount of money to have in your pocket. In the end, you have to go with your gut feeling. Good luck on your choice.

Gold Rush
02-26-2009, 07:24 PM
I'd take the trip because your gonna get more than $500 dollars spent on you there and It will probably amazing :3