PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Tactics

liquid crystal
06-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Has anyone here played the original FFT, the one for the Playstation? I've noticed that FFTA seems popular here at pe2k, but I've got to say, I've played, beaten, and am currently trying to get all 300 mission (that'll take a while T.T) and it down right sucks compared to the original.

FFT is rather mature compared to its remake, with blood, some swearing, the actual possibility of death (ie, judges don't keep your folks alive), and a kick-ass story. If you can find it (it's kinda rare), and have a Playstation (or Playstation 2 if you have the right memory card), definately buy it.

Okay, go 'head, start discussing.

Turd fighter Normal
06-28-2005, 11:29 PM
My friend has FFT and he says the GBA version is better.

liquid crystal
06-29-2005, 12:08 AM
My friend has FFT and he says the GBA version is better.

Whatever. That could not be farther from the truth. How old is your friend? Did he play all the way through it?

Alakazam
06-29-2005, 08:20 PM
I've played and beaten them both - and I think they're both amazing. Yeah, the PSX version is better, but the GBA version is almost as good. Being able to have an assassin is so cool. :P

liquid crystal
06-29-2005, 10:49 PM
I dunno, FFTA's story was kinda weak, if you ask me. But story really makes any game for me ^>^. But I still play it if I'm bored >.>".

The ending of FFT made me cry...The ending of FFTA made me role my eyes.

But that's just my oppinion.

Aya
07-05-2005, 09:02 PM
I like both, I bought FFT at Walmart for $14, I wanted it when it came out but I couldn't get it. But the story is good. And I like FFTA but I was kinda slow compared to FFT. Yes, I've beaten both... :wink:

The End
07-07-2005, 12:57 PM
its only a matter of time before fft is ported to psp

Neo Emolga
07-07-2005, 04:31 PM
The original FFT for Playstation totally tears apart the GBA version to pieces in my opinion. The music, the graphics, the design, the classes, the missions, damn, I could go on forever. Plus, the JP system is far better than having to learn an ability through using a particular equipped item. Kinda stupid to have to equip a crappy sword just to learn that one ability you missed, eh? Another thing I hated about Final Fantasy 9...

Also, the summon spells in the PSX version were awesome, but the ones in the GBA were like three seconds long, and looked even less painful than the Black Magic spells in the PSX version. And yes, the storyline was much more serious. Being plunged into the middle of the Lion War itself and the fight for the holy stones was a lot more mature than just being stuck in some kid's dreamworld. Plus, the PSX version was a lot more challenging (exception of the final boss though). FFTA was just too easy.