PDA

View Full Version : Any Ghostly Experiences? *.*

Light_Sky
02-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Well any ghostly experiences? Just say if you have or comment on others.
All rules of PE2K apply.
~LS

Dark Turtwig
02-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Yes, I've had one, and it just about made me wet my pants.
I was at my friend's birthday party, it was liek 2 A.M., and we're watching random stuff on TV, like Comedy Central, or HBO or something, and everyone, not just me, hears 'Help.. Me!' From the TV. There were 4 other people besides me, Ryan, Brandon, Devin, and Shawn, and EVERYONE heard it, clear as day. We tried re-winding it over and over, but it would'nt play again.
It was'nt his older brother playing a prank, because he was out with his friends watching a midnight movie showing.

Frostbitten
02-25-2009, 01:12 AM
I think I see ghost.
I see strange lights/apparitions all the time.
I look back and they are not there.
But then I feel funny afterwords.
It is hard to explain I guess.
Plus I think I saw my grandpa once.
I thought maybe he was just checking up on me from heaven.
:]

MYSTRY MEW
02-25-2009, 01:17 AM
ok, even though its not exactly a ghost, its fun to think it

A couple weeks ago my computer started randomly saying "youve won a wii" and like things. Well, jokingly, i named it Phrama (poltergeist that is hypocrytical, random, audio manipulation, and an advertiser)

Well, im starting to think it IS a ghost cuz i had a screen recorder ready to record it, but after 2 hours of nothing, i close the recorder. Just as i hit "X" phrama starts talking.

Not trying to sound needy but, anyone have any idea whats wrong with my computer?

but ya, for now the noly logical explanation is a poltergesit

Gaby
02-25-2009, 01:25 AM
I've had a couple, but my worst has to be...

Well, this one time, like three or four years ago, I was trying to sleep, it was pitch black in my room and no one but my mom was awake at the time. Out of nowhere, I hear someone calling out my name in this creepy, raspy voice, three times. I was so tempted to open my eyes/scream, but somehow, I managed to sleep through the night. x ___x It hasn't happened since, thank goodness.

SaMaster14
02-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Here are some of mine.

I was just in my house on my computer and i heard some random creaking noises. I just put it off though. I did kinda feel something though, since I am very spiritual and such. Than, I though someone had opened the door to my gym, which is the first floor, but we use it as a basement(i'll explain that in more detail if anyone needs it). So I went down and the TV was on, which nobody had ever touched and nobody was there. I shut the TV off and went upstairs. Than I went up to our third floor where all the bedrooms are and took a shower in my room. When I came out I heard more noises, kinda like someone was on my bed, and I really felt something. I than walked downstairs to my second floor which is the main floor and I heard more walking type noises, and my dog started barking at nothing. I than said "If you are a ghost or spirit, please leave" About one second after I heard our a noise like our gym door was closing and the presence left.

more stories!!

When I was really young, I hated going into our guest bedroom, even when it was light out. I felt like someone had died in there. I asked my parents, and sure enough, the old owner of the house passed away in that room. So I just never went into that room since I started feeling the presence until about 2-3 months ago when I had my Kung Fu teacher who is VERY spiritual come in and he said there was a small presence, but nothing menacing. He made it leave though.

The father of a friend from my old school died from cancer, and when I was at the friends bat-mitzvah(the jewish religions coming of age), the whole night I felt like her father was there, and I never, ever cry, and when they were doing one of the songs, I wasn't feeling sad or anything I just let out like 2 tears.

My kung fu teacher and I were metitating one day and he told me to think of God. I asked him how and he said just to think of white light surrounding me. I did, and after about a minute or so, I just started smiling. I felt as though someone was embracing me and smiling at me, so I started smiling.

My aunt passed away from cancer about 2 years ago or something and I went to her funeral in New York. When we got back to Los Angeles, that night, I prayed for her safety in the next life and that night I had a dream that she came to my room and hugged me and said goodbye for the last time.

One of my most scary ones:
My cousin was 10 years old and he died from a cerebral hemorrhage. Well, we went to go pick up my Aunt from the hospital after she visted her daughter whose son it was that passed away and when she got in the car she was crying and my mom, her sister, was crying, and I didn't realy know the boy, but I was sad too. Well I felt like someone came in the car with my aunt, and about half way through the car ride I started shaking like crazy, and I couldn't talk, I actually could not utter a word. And I just started staring at my aunts shoulder, and it was like the boy was sitting on her shoulder, crying with her.

not that much a ghost story, but paranormal one.
My kung fu teacher is orthodox jewish(I am conservative jewish), and he was speaking to his rabbi, his rabbi told him this story: The rabbi was having dinner with a very spiritual person who believed in the soul leaving the body and teleportation and such, and the person actually meditated for a few minutes and fully disappeared for about 5 or so seconds only to return and say that he had teleported to a dinner table in the Middle East or something of the sort.

My most recent was not that long ago. I was sitting in my family room, watching TV and we have a really old music box that hasn't been used in like 20 years, and out of nowhere it just started playing. I got a little freaked out so I waited until it stopped playing and than went up to bed. My kung fu teacher says that if you talk to ghosts they do hear you, so before I went to bed I said that if the ghost that played the music box was there to please talk to me in a dream. That night I was dreaming about something(don't remember) and suddenly out of nowhere in my dream a child appeared and said, "Hi, I'm a kid, and I like you" and I immediately woke up breathing heavily.

My Kung Fu teacher also does many things with ghosts and such and he said he also things there is an earthbound ghost in my house that walks around. He said it was the lady who owned the house before us and died in the house.

Those are all the ones I can remember for now, but I may have more later.

Oh, and I have been seeing a spirit lately, and I think its a guardian. in my dreams or my thoughts I always see him smiling, its very pleasing and soothing for some reason.
He is very big, and has arms that can wrap around my entire body. When I was a kid I always invisioned him as "God" but I don't think God has a face or body, so I took him to be my guardian.

Charbok
02-25-2009, 02:13 AM
There was a really hilarious thread about this kind of thing once.

jamesdude
02-25-2009, 02:23 AM
off topic comment: Looks like some one is also a Whose Line fan :wink:

on Topic:

I used to be super religous when i was little, the scariest moment i had was when i was attacked in my sleep by what i think was a demon. it had to be a demon because when i opened my eyes i saw a red claw like hand coming toward my face :eek:

Lord Fedora
02-25-2009, 02:47 AM
I've had one ghostly experience, and it was the most terrifying night of my life. To this day I don't know if it was real or if it really was a dream.

When I was five and lived in California, we had a two story house with a rather nice basement. Well, part of it was nice. There was the half with the stairs in it, which is where we kept our computer and stuff, and there was the half that was literally all concrete and stone, which was completely empty. I was terrified of the other half, because I couldn't reach the ridiculously high light switch (if I remember right, it would reach my shoulder now, and I'm 6'1"), and we never used it because we had enough storage elsewhere. But, I've always been the kind of person who conquers fears by facing them. So, despite my terror that something evil lived in the basement, I camped out down there for a night with one of my friends. We made it an adventure. We stayed in the nice part of course.

Anyway, it was really late into the night, I'm nice and comfy in my sleeping bag, dreaming about something or other, and all of a sudden my dream changes. I thought I woke up, because I was back in my sleeping bag in the nice half, and a guy with crazy eyes walks through the door seperating the two parts of the basement. The closed door. Immediately, I realize that this is the ghost of some crazy guy and he's going to kill me. He walks right up to me, kneels down, I'm too petrified to move, and grabs for my throat. Instantly I wake up, bolt upright in a cold sweat. Okay, obviously just a nightmare, right? You'd think that. So did I.

While I'm sitting up, I hear this weird chuckling coming from my left. That's the side my friend is on, and he's seven (specially selected as my guard), so I assumed he was awake and heard me being terrified so he decided to make fun of me. I look over at him to tell him to knock it off, and the crazy looking man is standing there, in the door again, exactly the same down to the last detail. He walks over to me again, and once again I can't move. He grabs for my neck again, and again I bolt up.

Repeat that several dozen times, sans the assumption that it's my friend screwing with me. Every time, the same situation, every time the same torture, every time the same fear, until finally it's daytime and my friend shakes me awake to go get pancakes. At that point I run straight upstairs so the crazy eyed man can't come and try to choke me again, and never go back down there again.

Now, this could very well have just been a very terrible nightmare, right? I just dreamed I woke up again and again. But here's the thing, I don't remember my dreams, ever. I couldn't tell you what I dreamt last night, first thing tomorrow morning I won't be able to tell you what I dream tonight. The only exception is what I'll detail below. Ignore what I posted in the Dreams thread, that was so I could impart the wisdom of sleeping with Caramelldansen running, I only remember that that dream was very trippy. But I remember this one, down to the last minute detail. I'm convinced that that basement was haunted, and that that ghost was trying to torture me into madness.

Now, granted, I don't think all ghosts are inherently evil. I don't even think that one was. I think that he was just dead and ghostly for a long time, and that much time of being unseen, unheard, forever watching but never recognized, that would drive anyone insane. I think that all the want is to be able to pass on. I don't resent it.

That was my only ghostly experience. Now, I can give you some stories about my family. After my great grandfather died long before I was born, my then young Uncle Kurt, who was really close to them, apparently my grandmother heard him in his room, talking to him, and he apparently knew things about my great grandfather afterwards that he couldn't have unless he was told. I also have a metric ton of paranormal experiences. I assume you're all familiar with the term deja vu? Yeah, it originally didn't mean what you think it does. Deja vu originally referenced something that happens to me a lot of the time. There'll be situations where I'll have a dream, just a short five minutes worth of dreaming where I'll be living life, the same as normal. When I wake up, I'll forget completely about it. Then, some time later, could be days, could be months, it's even happened in year long increments, I'll be sitting, doing my thing, and that dream will suddenly come rushing back to me as whatever I was dreaming starts happening in front of me. And then, I'll be able to tell you, at the exact moment as it happens, what everyone is going to say, do, and in some cases think over the course of the next five minutes.

Sight of the Stars
02-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Here are some of mine.

I was just in my house on my computer and i heard some random creaking noises. I just put it off though. I did kinda feel something though, since I am very spiritual and such. Than, I though someone had opened the door to my gym, which is the first floor, but we use it as a basement(i'll explain that in more detail if anyone needs it). So I went down and the TV was on, which nobody had ever touched and nobody was there. I shut the TV off and went upstairs. Than I went up to our third floor where all the bedrooms are and took a shower in my room. When I came out I heard more noises, kinda like someone was on my bed, and I really felt something. I than walked downstairs to my second floor which is the main floor and I heard more walking type noises, and my dog started barking at nothing. I than said "If you are a ghost or spirit, please leave" About one second after I heard our a noise like our gym door was closing and the presence left.

more stories!!

When I was really young, I hated going into our guest bedroom, even when it was light out. I felt like someone had died in there. I asked my parents, and sure enough, the old owner of the house passed away in that room. So I just never went into that room since I started feeling the presence until about 2-3 months ago when I had my Kung Fu teacher who is VERY spiritual come in and he said there was a small presence, but nothing menacing. He made it leave though.

The father of a friend from my old school died from cancer, and when I was at the friends bat-mitzvah(the jewish religions coming of age), the whole night I felt like her father was there, and I never, ever cry, and when they were doing one of the songs, I wasn't feeling sad or anything I just let out like 2 tears.

My kung fu teacher and I were metitating one day and he told me to think of God. I asked him how and he said just to think of white light surrounding me. I did, and after about a minute or so, I just started smiling. I felt as though someone was embracing me and smiling at me, so I started smiling.

My aunt passed away from cancer about 2 years ago or something and I went to her funeral in New York. When we got back to Los Angeles, that night, I prayed for her safety in the next life and that night I had a dream that she came to my room and hugged me and said goodbye for the last time.

One of my most scary ones:
My cousin was 10 years old and he died from a cerebral hemorrhage. Well, we went to go pick up my Aunt from the hospital after she visted her daughter whose son it was that passed away and when she got in the car she was crying and my mom, her sister, was crying, and I didn't realy know the boy, but I was sad too. Well I felt like someone came in the car with my aunt, and about half way through the car ride I started shaking like crazy, and I couldn't talk, I actually could not utter a word. And I just started staring at my aunts shoulder, and it was like the boy was sitting on her shoulder, crying with her.

not that much a ghost story, but paranormal one.
My kung fu teacher is orthodox jewish(I am conservative jewish), and he was speaking to his rabbi, his rabbi told him this story: The rabbi was having dinner with a very spiritual person who believed in the soul leaving the body and teleportation and such, and the person actually meditated for a few minutes and fully disappeared for about 5 or so seconds only to return and say that he had teleported to a dinner table in the Middle East or something of the sort.

My most recent was not that long ago. I was sitting in my family room, watching TV and we have a really old music box that hasn't been used in like 20 years, and out of nowhere it just started playing. I got a little freaked out so I waited until it stopped playing and than went up to bed. My kung fu teacher says that if you talk to ghosts they do hear you, so before I went to bed I said that if the ghost that played the music box was there to please talk to me in a dream. That night I was dreaming about something(don't remember) and suddenly out of nowhere in my dream a child appeared and said, "Hi, I'm a kid, and I like you" and I immediately woke up breathing heavily.

My Kung Fu teacher also does many things with ghosts and such and he said he also things there is an earthbound ghost in my house that walks around. He said it was the lady who owned the house before us and died in the house.

Those are all the ones I can remember for now, but I may have more later.

Oh, and I have been seeing a spirit lately, and I think its a guardian. in my dreams or my thoughts I always see him smiling, its very pleasing and soothing for some reason.
He is very big, and has arms that can wrap around my entire body. When I was a kid I always invisioned him as "God" but I don't think God has a face or body, so I took him to be my guardian.

Freeeaaakkkyyyy stuff. :O Nice Guardian. ^-^

Well, I've had about one or two, about the same thing.

My Grandma died a while back, maybe about five years ago. Can't remember from what, though. I used to see wisps of light in corner of my room or some other room in the house. Before she died, Grandma had promised she'd come and check on us.

Then, right before my mom and dad broke up (divorced), she contacted my mom in her dreams and told her to leave. We went to my uncles house, and when we came back, my dad had moved out.

My stepdad, Micheal, had talked to both my Grandma and Great Grandpa (who died near Valentines day in '07 or '08, I think :x) in a dream. He said they said they missed us. And Grandpa had been so generous and sweet all of the time.

I believe his spirit lingers in his house, maybe.

I cry for him sometimes.

SaMaster14
02-25-2009, 03:01 AM
@Khajmer :
the dream thing is normal... its not deja vu. deja vu is when someting in real life happens and you feel that same thing has happened before... but not in a dream(for example, you say hello to someone and they reply... and you feel that you have already had that conversation with the person, like it happened twisce). You are just remembering dreams and the remembrance was being triggered by something you were doing in your conscience. A true paranormal dream would be if you dreamed something and the exact thing that you dreamed about came true.

Also. I think you just had a nightmare. I'm very much believe in ghosts, but I don't feel they can harm you in any way. And as you said about not remembering dreams, when you have a fear, you usually sleep lightly so your conscience and subconscious are not totally separate, so you remember dreams more frequently, and if something really freaks you out, you are more likely to have the dream re occurr multiple times.

Kenzee
02-25-2009, 03:17 AM
WOW Khajmer. That is terrifying about the purple-shirted eye stabber (http://uploads.neowin.net/forum/post-187873-1230119579_thumb.jpg). I mean, the guy who wants to kill you. But anyays, time fore Kenzee's Hour of Cower. [Edited for Ghosts]

Okay, so my Nanny and Grandad used to live in this four-story house, right? Well it was a pretty old house and it was so spacious, the garden was kinda creepy and it was surrounded by a forest. really creepy to be there on your own. Anyway, it was a family party and most of the people had gone home, but me and my sister wanted to stay the night with my grandma. So she sets up the beds in each of the spare rooms while we're on the couch on the middle level. Finally she calls us up to bed. [Note that there's this REALLY long hallway with lots of creepy portraits of little girls in the 20's and stuff. Then the hallway branches off into one spare room and continues straight towards another. Both rooms are huge with more portraits.] So we're walking down the hallway and my grandmother steps out of my spare room after plugging the night-light into the wall. I never liked that night light.. So finally I'm in my bed looking at a closed door that I know used to lead into a walk in wardrobe, so there couldn't of been anyone in there. The dim glow cast by the nightlight illuminates it all perfectly, I roll over and I find myself looking at a pair of legs which are wearing dress pants. I was scared to death and hid under the covers but left a gap so I can peer out. The legs had definitely gone, but I waited for at least 15 minutes before turning down the covers and facing the wardrobe once more which was open, I knew it was closed earlier though. I could slightly see the interior but there wasn't anyone in there, and the door just slams by itself. Later I managed to fall asleep but I didn't tell anyone about it. IT WAS SO FREAKING SCARY. I'm glad my grandmother doesn't live there anymore. Anyway, what do you guys think? O.o :sad:

Vincent_Valentine_4
02-25-2009, 03:51 AM
Hmm I've always wanted to expierience something like this but sadly I haven't so as of right now I personally don't believe in it but you never know it could happen at any time apparently.

Lord Fedora
02-25-2009, 03:54 AM
@Khajmer :
the dream thing is normal... its not deja vu. deja vu is when someting in real life happens and you feel that same thing has happened before... but not in a dream(for example, you say hello to someone and they reply... and you feel that you have already had that conversation with the person, like it happened twisce). You are just remembering dreams and the remembrance was being triggered by something you were doing in your conscience. A true paranormal dream would be if you dreamed something and the exact thing that you dreamed about came true.

Also. I think you just had a nightmare. I'm very much believe in ghosts, but I don't feel they can harm you in any way. And as you said about not remembering dreams, when you have a fear, you usually sleep lightly so your conscience and subconscious are not totally separate, so you remember dreams more frequently, and if something really freaks you out, you are more likely to have the dream re occurr multiple times.
First off, everyone I've talked to about it has said that it's deja vu. I'm no expert in the paranormal, but that's what I've been told. Secondly, the situations are exactly as I dreamed them. I've literally mouthed everything the person was going to say a few seconds before they said it, just to make sure my mind was tricking me into thinking I had thought it earlier. Every word, exactly the same. So yeah, I've had those kinds of paranormal dreams before.

As for the nightmare... I'm not sure. I don't know enough about ghosts to make judgement on whether they can hurt you or not. I mean, it's not like scientists have captured and examined a ghost before, if they even could, plus I don't even think there's even just one kind of ghost. I honestly believe that what you and my uncle have experienced were along the lines of what my grandmother believes in when it comes to ghosts, leftover energy from dead people that leaves some sort of consciousness. As for my possible ghosty friend (like I said, I'm certain it was, but it could've been a dream, not a psychologist here), he may have been something else.

But again, we can't know for sure. I'm certain that ghosts exist, but until someone actually examines them, I don't think we can say for sure what goes on in the world of the spiritual.

Stinky
02-25-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't believe in ghosts; nor do I believe in psychics or any of that supernatural junk. :)

Yoda55
02-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Nothing so far. I hope nothing happens to me:dazed:

Ayotui
02-25-2009, 02:56 PM
this was realy weird but once i was on a car trip and i was trying to sleep. but when i closed my eyes i saw this weird looking man like inside of me and like 15 minutes later i see the guy standing by the stop lights it was really creepy

Light_Sky
02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
There was a really hilarious thread about this kind of thing once.
You remember too? I thought no one would remember! I never knew this could be funny.

Game Over
02-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Not sure if this counts, but before my family moved to our new house, I use to see a shadow on the ceiling of my bedroom of someone walking down the street, except for I lived someone where there were no neighbors and who's goes for a walk constintly at like 10 pm? Also every once in a while I would voices coming from downstairs, even though everyone in my house were all upstairs.