PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dragon Plus

Centurion
02-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Since there are really no RTS games on the DS (Why is that?) I've been playing these RTS/RPG hybrid games. Heroes of Mana was pretty weak with poor touchscreen support and bad pathfinding. The other I played, Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, was actually pretty good despite some issues like slow gameplay and background obstructions.

So being that Blue Dragon Plus is another one of these RTS/RPG hybrid's I decided to give it a go and it's pretty good. It's similar to Revenant Wings except it now let's you rotate the camera. Graphics are pretty good and really colorful (Sorta like Mana's) and thankfully I haven't had any real issues with the pathfinding or touchscreen yet. The story is decent so far though they managed to include quite a bit of CG which is always cool. Also have to mention the music which is actually really awesome and may be the best part of the game.

So yeah, pretty good game so far. If you liked Revenant Wings then you'll probably want to give this one a shot.

Seawolf
02-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Is it related to that horrible RPG on the 360? I'll pass.

Nirvash
02-28-2009, 03:20 PM
It's not awful. I guess most people are just into more modern RPG games instead of traditional ones. :P

Seawolf
02-28-2009, 05:07 PM
It's not awful. I guess most people are just into more modern RPG games instead of traditional ones. :P

Calling it a good game would be a stretch.

The story is cliche, the characters were recycled Dragonball characters, and the battles were nearly unplayable because of all the lagging.

Just my opinion.

Centurion
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM

It's connected but neither game play anything alike. The 360 game is a standard RPG while the DS game is a strategy game.

Kenny_C.002
04-04-2009, 05:04 PM
The game's a direct sequel to Blue Dragon, and is an RTS on the DS. It's more dumbed down than reverent wings (good thing), and supposedly is decent.