PDA

View Full Version : Albums you can't wait for

scubasteveE
02-28-2009, 06:09 AM
What are some albums that are coming out this year that you're looking forward to?

My are:

Cardiology-Good Charlotte

Wars and Rumors of Wars-The Chariot

With Roots Above and Branches Below-The Devil Wears Prada

TBA-August Burns Red

The Serpent Servant-Impending Doom

Dear Diary-Fm Static

Lullabies for the Dormant Mind-The Agonist

And probably more:cool:

Wink
02-28-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm really excited about the new Paramore album coming out sometime this year. :]

And a bunch moree, too.

Black Hawk
02-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Incredibad ~The Lonely Island

Orthar
02-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Waking Into Nightmares - Warbringer
Untitled Megadeth Album - Megadeth
Time - Wintersun

Bumblebee16
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm really excited about the new Paramore album coming out sometime this year. :]

And a bunch moree, too.

I love Paramore, especially Hayley, but this album is going to be awesome.

Also a Taking Back Sunday album, waiting for that as well.

MissSunday1975
03-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Eminem and 30 Seconds to Mars

MaskedJackal
03-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Wavering Radiant by Isis
Time by Wintersun

Stardy
03-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Be Alive (?) - Fightstar
Relapse - Eminem

Minus them, there is nothing really catching my attention. My life became complete with Total Brutal, so meh. =\

Charbok
03-07-2009, 04:53 PM
The new Flyleaf and Linkin Park albums this year.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Wavering Radiant by Isis
Time by Wintersun

Oooohh, new Isis eh? In The Absence Of Truth is a fantastic album, I may have to pick up this new one!

I need to pick up Wrath by Lamb Of God still, all the Reloaded Nuclear Blast albums from Dimmu Borgir and In Flames, and Opeth's live DVD.

As for looking forward to, I haven't been all up on metal news lately, so I don't know what's there, but I'm looking forward to the new Korn album and their promised return to roots. I don't want another Progressive or Industrial influenced record by them, I want raw and angry.

I'm looking forward to the new Fear Factory, but I'm really quite scared for it... Please don't go soft on me! As good as Transgression was, it wasn't completely FF. It was frail and thin. The three "brutal" songs on the album (Transgression, Spinal Compression, and Moment Of Impact) had some of Christian's best riffs, but the rest of the album didn't have the same punch through and through. Any other FF fans here? I want Obsolete pt. 2!

Operative
03-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Oooohh, new Isis eh? In The Absence Of Truth is a fantastic album, I may have to pick up this new one!

I need to pick up Wrath by Lamb Of God still, all the Reloaded Nuclear Blast albums from Dimmu Borgir and In Flames, and Opeth's live DVD.

As for looking forward to, I haven't been all up on metal news lately, so I don't know what's there, but I'm looking forward to the new Korn album and their promised return to roots. I don't want another Progressive or Industrial influenced record by them, I want raw and angry.

I'm looking forward to the new Fear Factory, but I'm really quite scared for it... Please don't go soft on me! As good as Transgression was, it wasn't completely FF. It was frail and thin. The three "brutal" songs on the album (Transgression, Spinal Compression, and Moment Of Impact) had some of Christian's best riffs, but the rest of the album didn't have the same punch through and through. Any other FF fans here? I want Obsolete pt. 2!

And a bunch moree, too.

All I need and more.

Tombi
03-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Untitled Megadeth Album - Megadeth
Time - Wintersun

You posted what I was going to post.

*sulk*

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Gotta add another one: Cult Of Static by Static-X on March 17th. More solos please!

Tombi
03-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I only heard one Static-X song and that was the one with Slipknot in it. . _. Are they any good?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I only heard one Static-X song and that was the one with Slipknot in it. . _. Are they any good?

Yes, they are quite good. Not overly technical, just fast and fun. Their newest album Cannibal has them finally doing guitar solos, after like 3 previous albums of none. They're like slightly poppier Industrial Metal. I'll send you some on MSN.

Seawolf
03-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I heard the Gorillaz were working on a new album, so I'm kinda looking forward to that. I loved their older stuff.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Darn It, I had to start all over with my list because I accidentally press the stupid small button on my laptop:

R&B/Soul:
(Sixth Studio Album) - Usher
(Fifth Studio Album) - Ashanti
A Man's Thoughts - Ginuwine

Hip-Hip/Rap:
The Mirror - Ja Rule
The Blueprintł - Jay-Z
Before I Self Destruct - 50 Cent
Relapse - Eminem
(Untitled) - Nelly & T.I.
Detox - Dr. Dre
Category F5 - Twista
Crime Pays - Cam'Ron
Everything and Nothing - Chingy
Loso's Way - Fabolous
Tha Carter IV - Lil' Wayne

Pop:
(Third Studio Album) - Justin Timberlake
The E.N.D. - Black Eye Peas*

Rock:
The Rebirth - Lil' Wayne

FERGIE DID NOT BREAK UP WITH THE BLACK EYE PEAS. I am sick of people saying she did. Fergie just wanted to have her own studio album, "The Dutches" which was really good. But she should of never made a deluxe edition. The bonus tracks were not all that good.

MaskedJackal
03-08-2009, 04:02 AM

Yes! In the Absence of Truth was a masterpiece. I'm hoping for more of what they did on Oceanic though...

Stardy
03-08-2009, 12:22 PM

Didn't know Linkin Park was making a new album, unless it's that rumored Reanimation 2.0 that's been going around the internet has turned out to be true. Either way, i'm getting.

Oh, and somebody tell me about this:
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8962/dice400cl2.jpg

Out everywhere EXCEPT Turkey, so i'm having to wait a little longer. Any good, or ? =\

Shadow Eevee
03-09-2009, 12:51 AM
No Doubt is touring this year, and their new album is releasing next year. I can't wait for it.
Also, Kelly Clarkson's All I Ever Wanted, coming out Tuesday, I think.

karmachameleon
03-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Detox - Dr. Dre

This is my #1 for 2009, but I'm still not even sure if its coming out this year. I remember hearing it was gonna be released in 2006 and getting really excited for it, and its been almost 3 years since then. Still D R E

scubasteveE
03-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Rock:
The Rebirth - Lil' Wayne

I listen to the first single and it just screams "Hey I'm trying something new but I'm not that comfortable with it." So yeah I think it's not going to be good, imo.

Well since lil wayne is trying rock, I will expect a Britteny Spears/Gore collaboration sometime soon.

flyleaf and LP I'm also looking forward to.

Nirvash
03-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Daft punk is perhaps making a new album. Speculated for September 9th. Weee.

Also, Royksopp is releasing Junior. :D

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Yes! In the Absence of Truth was a masterpiece. I'm hoping for more of what they did on Oceanic though...

Yeah, I just have their Myspace for that, I need to order their back catalogue. In The Absence Of Truth is just brilliant, it's soothing and I love doing h/w to it, just very inspirational stuff, and a great long term purchase that begins to really grow on you with time. I will get their new one, no doubt.

George Jefferson
03-10-2009, 12:32 AM
The reissuing of Pearl Jam's Ten.

I'm not particularly fond of the other crap (Especially Emo) so f*** off, this might not be new, but at least Pearl Jam's releasing something.

fullmetal
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Portraits by For Today

Dance Gavin Dance is also coming out with a new album this summer. Super effin pumped for that. I talk to Zac the guitarist and according to him its going to be really sick.

MaskedJackal
03-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I just have their Myspace for that, I need to order their back catalogue. In The Absence Of Truth is just brilliant, it's soothing and I love doing h/w to it, just very inspirational stuff, and a great long term purchase that begins to really grow on you with time. I will get their new one, no doubt.

Same, except I enjoyed it right from the start. It never had to grow on me. =p

I listen to it whenever I need to relax. Good stuff.

AliasM
04-18-2009, 07:00 AM
The reissuing of Pearl Jam's Ten.

I'm not particularly fond of the other crap (Especially Emo) so f*** off, this might not be new, but at least Pearl Jam's releasing something.
AGREED.

I'm looking forward to Monuments and Memories by Incubus, despite it only being a Greatest Hits + Rarities album. I'm also, dare I say it, looking forward to the new Green Day album.

I'm awaiting the poisoned arrows as we speak.

(I also want Muse to come out with something new, Godd*mn. I'm so tired of Supermassive Black Hole)

Shdw_Tamwyn
04-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Nice to see lots of Metal being mentioned here.

I need to go out and get We Found The Body's EP, UnEarth's March CD, Sonata Arctica's new CD that doesn't have a name yet, and I might get Hammerfall's No Sacrifice, No Victory.

I might also get Black Dahlia Murder's Nocturnal...

All of those are quite recent, so yahh...

~ST

cub0nes_sp0tlessmind
04-20-2009, 06:52 AM
I'm out of the loop with CDs but I know Regina Spektor is releasing her follow-up to "Begin To Hope" in the next few months. Other than that, I don't know what else there is.

Gaby
04-20-2009, 07:38 AM

And a bunch moree, too.

Eminem and 30 Seconds to Mars

Thanks Wink and Sunday. :D