PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360, Wii, or PS3

Darkria111
03-01-2009, 12:56 AM
What do you think? What is your favorite gaming consol of these three? Share you opinions here.
Note: you can also talk about DS,PSP,ect. if you like.

Game Over
03-01-2009, 01:00 AM
I think ps3 is the best. I like home and all the other features the system has.

Yoda55
03-01-2009, 01:01 AM
The wii is awsome.

Darkria111
03-01-2009, 01:03 AM
I have a Wii and an Xbox, but I tend to play the Xbox the most. Call of Duty:World at War is awesome

Dark Turtwig
03-01-2009, 01:09 AM
I don't own, and have never played, a PS3, so I wouldn't know about the system, but it is damn expensive, so I'm not going to be buying one anytime soon. :p
I own a Wii and 360 though, and I play my Wii more. (probably because I have like 15 games for the Wii, and 3 for the 360. xD) The Xbox360 has some mindblowing graphics, and the best shooters out there, but the Wii is just generally fun. ^_^

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-01-2009, 01:12 AM
The PS3 has my favorite franchises and features. To me, nothing can deter me from the offerings of Naughty Dog or Insomniac.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Yeah, heck yeah! Finally, someone made a thread like this agian! earth_type_rule hates it when people create threads like these, but... who cares!

Xbox 360 & Playstation 3: most games are repetitive and boring. Playstation 1 is still "my favorite game system of all time," but the PS3 games compaired to the PS1 games fails. Good hard drive, and great networking though. Xbox Live gives good feature too.

Wii: these games are in lower quality then the systems above, but in my opinion, the games are slightly better, but I prefer the Nintendo Dual Screen games more.

I only own the Xbox 360 out of the 3 by the way.

And the winner is ... neither, I dislike the 7th Generation gaming era, most games are not my type today, they need to bring back series like Oddworld, Twisted Metal, and Gex agian. Games such as Metal Gear Solid, Gran Theft Auto, Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider, and Froger, got lost with their entertainment.

Metal Gear Solid 1 was great, but Metal Gear Solid 2 was "okay," when I heard that Metal Gear Solid 3-4 had no radar, and got too realistic, I lost my interest. The radar was the main thing I like about the game, and I hate it when games get too realistic overtime, gee!

Gran Theft Auto IV was "lost and damned, as they said with the titled of the new download." They took out all the features from San Andreas and add the new style of crap. Not only that, they re-designed that good old GTA III's Liberty City into a bigger, brighter, crapper, unorganized, hard-to-get-around region. I call it New Liberty Gimmick City. I can't stand the car controls, the annoying music, bad character interest and dialog. Claude, Tommy, and Carl make Niko look like crap. Why did they had to make an ugly ass boring main character for GTA?

We all know what happened to Crash, Spyro, and Tomb Raider. They ran out of ideas. Froger on the other hand got too childish after 2, and lost its whole good game play. Froger 1 was the best one anyway.

For all the crappy new very realistic, repetitive and boring game series such as Gears of War, Assassinates Greed, Residences, Tom Clancy, and other stupid new clones out the. Have fun everyone! These are not the games in this paragraph started my childhood.

Neo Emolga
03-01-2009, 02:11 AM
XBox 360, its the one I play the most. Haven't played a PS3 yet, though.

Wii is okay, I haven't been too attracted to it and I've gotten kind of tired of the whole hand-motion ordeal.

Black Hawk
03-01-2009, 02:21 AM
ATM, I'll have to say Xbox 360 for Halo and Assassin's Creed and the other great FPS's and GoW.

BUT, once MadWorld and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EROCvwE-LGM&feature=PlayList&p=DE102DDB8DC40C91&index=25) beast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeLbPoij0yM&feature=PlayList&p=DE102DDB8DC40C91&index=26) come out for the Wii, it will be my favorite hands down. Supposedly its supposed to be like a Gears of War mission like game for the Wii with online play akin to Halo. Pretty much like a Halo for the Wii, but better.

EmBreon
03-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Assassin's Creed isn't a FPS. :o But I also prefer the 360. Though, I'd love to get a PS3 for the Blue-Ray...

Fire Away
03-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Tbh it's a tossup between PS3 and 360. The Wii is a lot of potential wasted IMO.

Sixto
03-01-2009, 03:00 AM
PS3 because of the Blu-Ray. Having a games console that plays movies is pretty damn awesome. Wii comes at second because of it being innovative.

My order: PS3 > Wii >>>>>>>>> 360

:p

Black Hawk
03-01-2009, 03:09 AM
Assassin's Creed isn't a FPS. :o But I also prefer the 360. Though, I'd love to get a PS3 for the Blue-Ray...

Well, I didn't mean for it to be read that way. What I meant was that Halo and Assassin's Creed are good games, and so are the other 360 FPSs

Grassy_Aggron
03-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Wii. I own a 360 as well, but I play the Wii more. Frankly, the games we have for the Wii are more fun-Brawl, Revolution, Animal Crossing...Heck, even ol' Gamecube games like Shadow the Hedgehog shine with a new light ^^

Plus, I just love Gamecube >.>

360 has some good-yet some disappointing games. Gears of War 2 was awesome, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise was fun, Sonic Unleashed had beautiful graphics...But Halo 3 was disappointing.

Dang, Spyro is hard on Wii :oops:

Also, I owe it to the 360 and Wii; they showed me that I totally suck at Next-Gen Sonic games XD

Shadow Eevee
03-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Wii, because I find it more amusing to drive with a Wii Wheel than to play Halo 3.
*Ducks, grabs armor, and runs*

The Admiral GiMoo
03-01-2009, 07:10 AM
I have all three of them, but the one I usually plays the most is the XBox. You can't beat the box that has an X.

Peace Buyer
03-01-2009, 07:40 AM
The X box for sure!!

Cant beat the classic Rock band 2 online^^

Clutch
03-01-2009, 07:57 AM
... Another one?

I own all three, and the 360 is the best of the bunch.

Dragoness
03-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Hmm...It's hard for me to pick a favorite of those and of several other gaming devices. The Wii is interactive and really fun to play; from what I have played on the PS3 (not much), it's graphics are awesome and it seems to have really good content; the X-Box has good graphics and it's games tend to have decent gameplay. But that still leaves several other consoles, like the Gameboy, the Super Nintendo, Playstation I and II and more. *shrug* ah well, all of them are fun :happy: No real favorites here, although the Wii is very high on my list :)

Master Aqua
03-01-2009, 09:55 AM
I have to vote for the ps3 the other 2 have become so overrate compared to the ps3 and the ps3 is the best consel out at the moment in terms of technolgy.

atucker22
03-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Wii all the way!!!!!!!

Nirvash
03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I like the PSWii60.

TeirusuFX
03-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I only own the Wii, but I've practically lived my life with Sony

I can't really choose between PS3 and Wii, but I'm for sure Xbox 360 isn't anywhere near it

The only game I could possibly want for the Xbox 360 would be iDOLM@STER

I'll go with the Wii, its a family console unlike the other two >.>

But nothing beats the classic PS2 IMO

♪クロノア♪
♫Kuronoa♫

Nitro
03-01-2009, 06:51 PM
With the PS3, you can play PS3 games! I bet the Xbox can't do that, nor can the Wii. That's why the PS3 beats them.

Operative
03-01-2009, 06:58 PM
The Wii isn't a gaming console to me.

It's more of a family gaming night.

>_>

The Jr Trainer
03-01-2009, 07:01 PM
With the PS3, you can play PS3 games! I bet the Xbox can't do that, nor can the Wii. That's why the PS3 beats them.

With the Xbox 360, can play Xbox 360 games! I bet the PS3 can't do that, nor can the Wii. That's why the Xbox 360 beats them.

karmachameleon
03-01-2009, 07:03 PM
N64+SNES- better than all current g4en systems so far

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-01-2009, 07:03 PM
N64+SNES- better than all current g4en systems so far

PS2 > Other

karmachameleon
03-01-2009, 07:08 PM
PS2 > Wii, 360, PS3
SNES and N64 > PS2

Halo 3 > 360
3 > 2
8 > 7

Nirvash
03-01-2009, 07:10 PM
The Wii isn't a gaming console to me.

It's more of a family gaming night.

>_>

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

This is only 4.

PS2 > Wii, 360, PS3
SNES and N64 > PS2

Halo 3 > 360
3 > 2
8 > 7

2 Heads > 1

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-01-2009, 07:26 PM
PS2 > Wii, 360, PS3
SNES and N64 > PS2

Halo 3 > 360
3 > 2
8 > 7

PS2 > PS3 = 360 > DS > PSone > PSP > Sega Genesis > SNES > XBOX > NGC > GBA > Dreamcast > NES > Sega Saturn > Atari > Commodore [insert numbers here] > moldy sandwich > Wii

MGS4 > your life
Killzone 2 > your face
Halo 3 = tree bark
LOST: Via Domus = UBER
Juice > Pop
Me > You
DragonForce = feces
Sushi > food
Pizza > food
Sushi = Pizza
LOST > TV
Gaming > Movies > TV
Music > everything
My sh*it = not stink
Your sh*t = stink
Magazines > Books
Slacking off > Doing h/w
N4G Forums > Other Forums
Guitar = win
Chuck Norris = win + fail + roundhouse kick
PE2K < Serebii
PE2K Forums > Other PKMN Forums
System Of A Down = missed
PC gaming = dead

:3

Tory vs Meaty II
03-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Far as games (in my opinion):

Microsoft: Xbox > Xbox360

Nintendo: N64 > Gamecube > Wii > SNES > NES
GBA > Nintendo DS > Game Boy Color > Game Boy

Sony: PS1 > PS2 > PS3
PSP = fails

PS1 > every game system ever created.

Operative
03-01-2009, 07:36 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

This is only 4.

Which isn't even one percent of Wii's games.

I realize there are games that have very good gaming, but I just don't see what's so amazing about the Wii...

Nirvash
03-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Which isn't even one percent of Wii's games.

I realize there are games that have very good gaming, but I just don't see what's so amazing about the Wii...

Well it's the way it appeals to non-gamers and parents. Parents like that their kids get up and move around when they play (when most of the time they don't). Especially things like Wii sports and Wii fit. Nintendo needs to appeal to gamers just a bit more, because they're not doing it very well. I understand where you are coming from, but it's the mindset of Nintendo fans.

Also, it's Nintendo's fault. They allow these companies to create 3rd party games that suck, and the devs don't know the capability of the wii's graphics. The gamecube had potential - Look at all the graphics of the Metroid Prime series. It was possible, and the wii uses similar technology. Devs do not know the potential of the wii besides Nintendo's devs.

Peace Buyer
03-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Well it's the way it appeals to non-gamers and parents. Parents like that their kids get up and move around when they play (when most of the time they don't). Especially things like Wii sports and Wii fit. Nintendo needs to appeal to gamers just a bit more, because they're not doing it very well. I understand where you are coming from, but it's the mindset of Nintendo fans.

Also, it's Nintendo's fault. They allow these companies to create 3rd party games that suck, and the devs don't know the capability of the wii's graphics. The gamecube had potential - Look at all the graphics of the Metroid Prime series. It was possible, and the wii uses similar technology. Devs do not know the potential of the wii besides Nintendo's devs.

Thats what Rock Band is for, well the guitar and bass, its like your there in front of millions and you can move around and have fun, only do the crazy stuff if you have alot of room.

Nirvash
03-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Thats what Rock Band is for, well the guitar and bass, its like your there in front of millions and you can move around and have fun, only do the crazy stuff if you have alot of room.

Rock band was released for other consoles, so something like this can't apply to the wii specifically.

Peace Buyer
03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Rock band was released for other consoles, so something like this can't apply to the wii specifically.

Actually...Its for the Wii too^^

If your like me, I love to move around when playing Rock band 2

Nirvash
03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Actually...Its for the Wii too^^

If your like me, I love to move around when playing Rock band 2

Ehhh I meant that it was available for other consoles as well as the wii, but it still can apply to other consoles.

Ranma
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
All 3 < Nintendo 64.

Out of the 3, I have only used the wii so far.

Ajarr
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
I want an Xbox 360, but I just recently got the PS3 which is pretty good. I get Resident Evil 5 when it comes out so I can play it on my PS3, woohoo! As for handheld games the DS owns, end of story.

Graceful_Suicune
03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Go the Wii! I've never played PS3, and X-Boxes just don't do it for me. They don't have Pokemon games! And I love the whole swinging motion thing. It's aweshum. :3

~Xanthe.

Ridley
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
PC = Updated Team Fortress 2 = Awesome Medics = win

Nirvash
03-02-2009, 03:19 PM
pc = updated team fortress 2 = awesome medics = win

GET BEHIND ME, DOCTOR!

Yas. :V

Hoshi
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Wii - Family Console
360 - Good For Serious Gamers
PS3 - Even More Serious Gamers Also To Expensive :eh:

Ridley
03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
GET BEHIND ME, DOCTOR!

Yas. :V
Entire team is babies.

Poltergeist
03-04-2009, 01:52 AM
I like all my systems alot, but the PS3 has the games that best appeal to me.

Seawolf
03-04-2009, 02:11 AM
These threads never die...

I have access to all three, but the 360 is probably my favorite. It has a great library.

PC = Updated Team Fortress 2 = Awesome Medics = win

What about the Scouts!!!?

Synester
03-04-2009, 02:14 AM
360 > PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

Woodchuck
03-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Xbox 360 for two reasons: Gears and Fallout 3 (Yes, I'm aware this title is also available for PC, but the 360 version owns it by such a large margin that it's not even funny).

-Jake-

The Jr Trainer
03-04-2009, 02:43 AM
Xbox 360 for two reasons: Gears and Fallout 3 (Yes, I'm aware this title is also available for PC, but the 360 version owns it by such a large margin that it's not even funny).

-Jake-

Fallout 3 is also available on the PS3.

:D

Hmm. Also, if I were to get a PS3 in the next week, what games would you PS3-fanboys/fangirls recommend. :o

/trying to stay on topic

Clutch
03-04-2009, 03:16 AM

Hmm. Also, if I were to get a PS3 in the next week, what games would you PS3-fanboys/fangirls recommend. :o

/trying to stay on topic
... and here comes Mitch.

Personally, I'd recommend Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-04-2009, 03:20 AM

/trying to stay on topic

Since there are not much games like today, I don't care. But if I had a Playstation 3, I would go with:

Motorstorm, Gran Turismo, and Tekken.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-06-2009, 07:42 AM

/trying to stay on topic

Exclusive Buys:

- Killzone 2
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Resistance 2
- LittleBigPlanet
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction
- Buzz! Quiz TV

Exclusive Rents:

- Resistance: Fall Of Man
- Heavenly Sword
- HAZE (if you're not picky with FPS's you may like it)
- Folklore

Exclusive's Coming In 2009 (earliest):

- Infamous (sandbox Action/Adventure)
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- Heavy Rain
- God Of War III (maybe)
- MAG (256 player online)
- White Knight Chronicles

Multiplatform Buys:

- BioShock
- Dead Space
- Prince Of Persia
- Far Cry 2
- Fallout 3
- Unreal Tournament III (PS3 version with Mod-support FTW)
- Call Of Duty: World At War (if you hate WWII shooters, replace this with Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare)
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Off the top of my head, those should keep you very busy.

Charbok
03-06-2009, 08:17 AM
The Wii, in my opinion, has the best selection of hardcore and casual games, so it gets my vote.

Synester
03-07-2009, 12:30 AM
The Wii, in my opinion, has the best selection of hardcore and casual games, so it gets my vote.lol

Psychedelic Shroomish
03-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Xbox 360, even though I don't own one and have a Wii.

Wii has very few good titles. One of the only ones I've really enjoyed and still play today is Brawl, while the 360 has tons of awesome games. :sad: :signeek:

CyberGlion
03-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Personally, I prefer the Wii, but only because I don't have enough money to get an Xbox360 or a PS3.
I guess I'll have to pick that...

Tory vs Meaty II
03-07-2009, 06:57 PM
lol to all three of these systems.

Charbok
03-07-2009, 08:41 PM
lol

Did you have something to say?

Synester
03-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Did you have something to say?Yes, best selection of hardcore games? Everytime I here that from you, you use the exact same list as your hardcore games :P. I don't even think the Wii has a decent selection of hardcore games.

The_Seventieth_Evil
03-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm slightly addicted to my 360...

The Wii, in my opinion, has the best selection of hardcore and casual games, so it gets my vote.

Charbok has children! O:

Charbok has a point due to the lack of violence, blood and gore in most Wii games. I still wanted harpoon guns in Endless Ocean. ):

Charbok
03-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Yes, best selection of hardcore games? Everytime I here that from you, you use the exact same list as your hardcore games :P. I don't even think the Wii has a decent selection of hardcore games.

No More Heroes is good.
Twilight Princess is great.
Mario Galaxy is great.
Brawl is really good.
Call of Duty is good.
Metroid Prime 3 is great.
Zack and Wiki is really good.
Super Paper Mario is really good.
MadWorld is out in two days and LOOKS to be great.

Then there's the huge list of really good casual games. Frankly, I'd rather have eight hardcore games and eight casual games than only a bunch of good hardcore games and no good casual games. That's just me though. I like variety. :hungry:

Charbok has a point due to the lack of violence, blood and gore in most Wii games. I still wanted harpoon guns in Endless Ocean. ):

Hahaha! :crackup:

Synester
03-10-2009, 03:06 AM
No More Heroes is good.
Mario Galaxy is great.
Brawl is really good.
Call of Duty is good.

Then there's the huge list of really good casual games. Frankly, I'd rather have eight hardcore games and eight casual games than only a bunch of good hardcore games and no good casual games. That's just me though. I like variety. :hungry:

Hahaha! :crackup:And there goes tha exact same list! I sometimes wonder if you have that exact list hidden somewhere for when someone says the Wii has no hardcore games.

And 360 has plent of casual games :P. Ever heard of XBox Live Arcade?

Soda
03-11-2009, 06:06 AM
I own a Wii.

I play it regularly but I'm not really into getting new games all the time or playing them all night 'till I finish them. lol

Tory vs Meaty II
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
I wish there was a "neither" option. :/

Max-Attack
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I wish there was a "neither" option. :/
So you don't like any game consoles whatsoever? There is an "other" option.

And why the heck is the poll closed already?

Nirvash
03-11-2009, 10:40 PM
No More Heroes is good.
Mario Galaxy is great.
Brawl is really good.
Call of Duty is good.

Hahaha! :crackup:

Those are great games, but they're not all hardcore material. Other consoles definately have more hardcore material. Also, all the casual games on the wii are 3rd party minigame games. Obviously not worthy of good casual games.

The wii is my favorite console none-the-less, even though it doesn't have a lot of hardcore material, but it does have some of the best game series (Zelda, Mario, SSB, Metroid, etc.)

Saturnus Magna Rock
03-15-2009, 12:34 AM
I like the Wii for Skate and other physical games.

I like the 30 for HAlo.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
04-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah. why is the poll closed so fast? D:

Anyway, I don't own any of htese, but I've tried them all before.

The Wii... I could hardly use the remote. Ugh. >_<

And the PS3's controls just seem more complicated to me than the XBox's.

So XBox is my choice.

Bumblebee16
04-04-2009, 04:07 AM
Even though it's closed I would've voted for Wii, though the 360 would be my second choice.