PDA

View Full Version : ART MODS! PLEAE DElETE ASAP!

Kayla Ann
03-07-2009, 02:58 PM
ATTENTION PE2k
i have made a different thrad for my graphic shop!
there is still my graphics but you can request!

iReign
03-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Please don't use Paint. Tags/Banners become horrible when made in Paint. Paint is used for making sprites and such, so if you want to make Graphics, I suggest you use. GIMP (http://gimp.org), it is free and once you get used to it, easy.

Now, for my criticism. I think you have potential, but you need to grasp the basics first. A tutorial for making a basic banner in GIMP (http://jenviousity.com/basicbanners.php), is a good example of making a basic banner. Then once you grasp that, try to make your images blend with your BGs a bit more.

Kayla Ann
03-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Please don't use Paint. Tags/Banners become horrible when made in Paint. Paint is used for making sprites and such, so if you want to make Graphics, I suggest you use. GIMP (http://gimp.org), it is free and once you get used to it, easy.

I also suggest you read some tutorials, they can help anyone get better.

This might sound rude but it is not ment to be rude....
i cannot download GIMp or Photoshop or anything because i have a retarted computer so i have no choice but to use paint.

And anyway i like using paint.
there is not difernce when i make banners and when someone else makes banner i can choose to do which ever i want.

Lord Fedora
03-08-2009, 12:16 AM
AS, two things. One, I've seen all kinds of things made in Paint you couldn't hope to make in GIMP, Photoshop, or any other professional graphics program, and a lot more that I definitely wouldn't be able to tell the difference of what it was made in. Now, which do you think would be more impressive, making an excellent graphic in GIMP, or making an excellent graphic in Paint?

Secondly, I've got news for you, it's called ART! If it looks nice, who gives a crap if it follows basic rules. If everyone went about making art the exact same way, we wouldn't have some of the greatest masterpieces in modern history and modern art wouldn't even exist. Now, are there technical parts to art? Sure, why not? But you can't say "oh, it's nice, but it's supposed to be done like this." And that is exactly what you said.

New one, torn. Khajmer, out.

Kayla Ann
03-08-2009, 12:22 AM
*Random giberish*

Thank you Nate :)
@AS: All good thing come in differen ways. you dont have to make it certain way for it to be good....
just look at picasso!

Ahlat
03-08-2009, 01:07 AM
AS, two things. One, I've seen all kinds of things made in Paint you couldn't hope to make in GIMP, Photoshop, or any other professional graphics program, and a lot more that I definitely wouldn't be able to tell the difference of what it was made in. Now, which do you think would be more impressive, making an excellent graphic in GIMP, or making an excellent graphic in Paint?

Secondly, I've got news for you, it's called ART! If it looks nice, who gives a crap if it follows basic rules. If everyone went about making art the exact same way, we wouldn't have some of the greatest masterpieces in modern history and modern art wouldn't even exist. Now, are there technical parts to art? Sure, why not? But you can't say "oh, it's nice, but it's supposed to be done like this." And that is exactly what you said.

Ha I laughed at that. Though in some cases it's true (mainly when n00bs make the proffesinal program one) but mostly no not really actually. Also I agree with the second part of your post though.

Anyways Kayla your banners just look like "copy+paste and voila" type of banners. You should do some stuff yourself. Also it really makes it easier if your familiar to pixel art/spriting. Just remember this "A quick banner is never as good as a banner made from time and hard work.".

iReign
03-08-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm trying not to turn this into a flamefest, but I'm just saying making a good banner is more than just copy and paste. :/

You are right, it doesn't have to look a certain way, there are many different styles. I think what I should've said is that a banner is more than a background image copied and pasted, and some image(s) copy and pasted and some text.

Kayla Ann
03-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm trying not to turn this into a flamefest, but I'm just saying making a good banner is more than just copy and paste. :/

You are right, it doesn't have to look a certain way, there are many different styles. I think what I should've said is that a banner is more than a background image copied and pasted, and some image(s) copy and pasted and some text.

I am saying that, i dont ALWAYS you copy-paste-text.i make ALOT on my own!!! WHO CARES!!
seriously who cares if it came from paint or GIMP or PS!
It is the OUTCOME that is the real deal, i bet if you hvae seen an awesome banner and they told you it was from paint you will be like :eek:NOWAI:eek:
i have made PWNSOME banners on paint. and alot of people here at pe2k like paint banners.
and discouraging someones confidince is no way to help people get better,
so dont trash talk paint because paint.........PWNS

iReign
03-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Not discouraging you. I tried to give you some pointers, so went crazy, etc. I must say it is a good job for paint, but I know you can do better.

Mitsuzo-kun
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Kayla, I'm afraid I agree with AS. While some things on Paint are nice, you can only progress so far, and if you want to improve a lot then you'd probably need to switch to GIMP. Having said that, you don't have to stop using Paint completely. Some things, like finishing touches, are easier on Paint, so perhaps a happy medium of combining the two would be a good idea.

If you are going to stick with Paint, though, then I personally wouldn't use the C+P backgrounds. Instead, try patterns, experimenting with different shapes and lines. While it looks more basic than complex filters and lighting done on Photoshop and GIMP, sometimes simple is better and looks pretty. Good luck, and don't lose sight on the main focus - having fun.

Frostbitten
03-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Kayla I must say these are alright for Paint.
But you can only go so far with it.
I kinda agree with AS.
Copy and past backgrounds usually end up with terrible quality.
It looks as though you try really hard to make it all pop and flash out but in the end it look messy.
Do try making simpler stuff.
See this banner I made it is one of my most simple.
Nothing fancy just a picture with a text line.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m156/fost325/Breakingdawnban.png
I do agrree though you have potential.

Angela
03-08-2009, 05:28 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/rhtylh.jpg

Wow kayla, this one is awesome, your getting better, so when are you gonna switch to gimp?

Kayla Ann
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/rhtylh.jpg

Wow kayla, this one is awesome, your getting better, so when are you gonna switch to gimp?
Umm I don’t think I will be switching until I get high-speed internet….instead of dial-up…
But I made a new banner!!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ai0dvd.jpg

Isaac8296
03-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Wow... Kayla!! those look really awesome for paint^^

Tombi
03-13-2009, 05:36 PM
How do you do the banner text with just Paint? o.o

Kayla Ann
03-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I have my ways ;p...
but i am working on an ASWESOME!!!!!! banner right now...
it is of a politoed!
it is by far my best banner..... i suppose!
but i will EDIT this post when i finish!

Tombi
03-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Because it seems to me that either the airbrush or layer styles were used, and both are unavailable in paint. o.o

Kayla Ann
03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Because it seems to me that either the airbrush or layer styles were used, and both are unavailable in paint. o.o

Umm there is an air brus on paint :O
and i have my ways ;)

Tombi
03-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Not the smooth airbrush. . _.

Kayla Ann
03-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Not the smooth airbrush. . _.

OK here is my latest banner!!.... behold... AWESOMENESS!!

http://i44.tinypic.com/4hr2qf.jpg
[*Wishes she had GIMP :susp:*]

Paint banners are fun :)

Kayla Ann
03-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Everybody

sorry for the double post....but

i have made updates!!!

so if you would like to leave your comments...

you are very welcome to :D

-Pichu Boy-
03-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Ok, I'm practically a stranger to Graphic Arts, so I'll probably contradict myself multiple times in this post xD

These banners are really good! ^^ I, for one, can definitely see progress as I look at the newer banners, which is only natural. :) Well done.

There is one thing that bugs me about the banners, though.

Sometimes, when you've used a line intersection border (it probably has a proper name, but, meh xD) such as, say, the banner with Palkia and Dialga on it, and then proceeded to write text, sometimes the border has cut through the text. I don't know why, but it just really bugs me. Also, for example, in the Swinub one. The bottom right 'Oyea' just looks out of place. x.x

But that might be just me. They're all really good, especially for Paint. ^^ I hope you get GIMP/PS soon, because if you can make banners like this on Paint, one can only wonder what you could make on GIMP/PS. :O

Kayla Ann
03-15-2009, 12:57 PM
*words words words* They're all really good, especially for Paint. ^^ I hope you get GIMP/PS soon, because if you can make banners like this on Paint, one can only wonder what you could make on GIMP/PS. :O

Aww thank you!
that means alot.
and the line cutting off the words thing...*doesnt know the real name either*xD....
thats just how it worked out :oops:
i dont really care if anyone likes it or not....its just an extra think :D

i am trying to get GIMP/PS soon,but as of now...
its just paint!
speaking of paint....... i made a new banner!

http://i41.tinypic.com/294hwu1.jpg

tell me what you think!

Ahlat
03-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Aww thank you!
that means alot.
and the line cutting off the words thing...*doesnt know the real name either*xD....
thats just how it worked out :oops:
i dont really care if anyone likes it or not....its just an extra think :D

i am trying to get GIMP/PS soon,but as of now...
its just paint!
speaking of paint....... i made a new banner!

http://i41.tinypic.com/294hwu1.jpg

tell me what you think!
Nice Banner! I see your trying a new style. I like it it makes the render blend in. Also I love the fact that you make your backgrounds yourself now! But that banners text is hard to read thouhg.

Mawile-Danmaku
03-15-2009, 10:07 PM
What image file are you saving your banners as: PNG, BMP, JPG, TIFF or GIF?

Kayla Ann
03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
What image file are you saving your banners as: PNG, BMP, JPG, TIFF or GIF?

PNG why?
i have to post more words 4 word rule!! ahhh!

fefe31619
03-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I like the later images in your thread, but I agree with the others about the Gnu Image Manipulation Program (Otherwise known as G.I.M.P.)

I also see some progress with paint, which is usually very rare. But likewise, you could always download an older version of GIMP. I used to use 2.1 and 2.2, but switched to the brand new versions.

Keep on usin Portable Network Graphics, it is the best type of save file.

Babii Pikachu
03-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Kayla, too be honest, these are actually quite nice. Well, some of them are really nice in their own unique way, while others look a little too, effortless tbh. None the less, these are really good for the fact they're made with paint. My site (link in sig) has a guide to making shadows on the text in paint, and Neo-Reality (http://www.neo-reality.org/) has some great guides for Paint which include making cool backgrounds etc. Just go to Tutorials > MS Paint :3 Mmkay, anyways, good luck with the signatures ^^;

Kayla Ann
03-19-2009, 07:17 PM
I like the later images in your thread, but I agree with the others about the Gnu Image Manipulation Program (Otherwise known as G.I.M.P.)

I also see some progress with paint, which is usually very rare. But likewise, you could always download an older version of GIMP. I used to use 2.1 and 2.2, but switched to the brand new versions.

Keep on usin Portable Network Graphics, it is the best type of save file.

the thing is that i have dial-up connection and i cant downlad a thing! so i am stuck with paint until i get high speed!

Kayla, too be honest, these are actually quite nice. Well, some of them are really nice in their own unique way, while others look a little too, effortless tbh. None the less, these are really good for the fact they're made with paint. My site (link in sig) has a guide to making shadows on the text in paint, and Neo-Reality has some great guides for Paint which include making cool backgrounds etc. Just go to Tutorials > MS Paint :3 Mmkay, anyways, good luck with the signatures ^^;

thanks and i know how to do hadowed text on paint already:oops:
but thanks for the help!

Kayla Ann
03-22-2009, 06:50 PM
UPDATES!!!!!
With SONIC!

http://i41.tinypic.com/rtjn2f.png

Babii Pikachu
03-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Unless you're an amazing pixel artist, you've either used Paint.NET or an online image editing program. Either that or you have Gimp/PS. As Tombi said, Paint doesn't have layers.

Kayla Ann
03-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Unless you're an amazing pixel artist, you've either used Paint.NET or an online image editing program. Either that or you have Gimp/PS. As Tombi said, Paint doesn't have layers.

Ummm no i still us MS Paint!

but you do remember that you can make a back color, then put it over something and it will be clear?.... EXAMPLE!

http://i40.tinypic.com/25sla1y.png