PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to Video Game tournaments?

Kenny_C.002
03-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm curious about some things here. SO YOU ANSWER ME O_O

If given the chance to enter video game tournaments for whatever reason you want, would you? This is assuming that are no transportation issues (say it's near your house or something).

Some assumptions you should make:
- you have to pay a small fee to enter (like 5 bucks or something)
- there are prizes for winners
- the tournaments don't happen often
- the tournament can be any competitive game you want
- can be casual tournaments

If so, why?

Dark Turtwig
03-07-2009, 10:04 PM
I would. I love any kind of Tournament really.

TeirusuFX
03-07-2009, 10:42 PM
To me, it really depends on how much the entry fee is

But I've gone to some before, well, only a DDR competition

So the answer is 'yes'

♪クロノア♪
♫Kuronoa♫

Tory vs Meaty II
03-07-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm going to ask my mom next month, can I have Xbox Live?

Operative
03-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I would love to go.

But it really depends on how small the fee is.

Neo Emolga
03-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Eh... no way.

I'd probably get beaten by all the people that do nothing with their lives except play games all night and day and take a piss in a bottle to save themselves from having to go to the bathroom.

Let 'em win at the games and fail at life. Not for me, thanks.

Skottles
03-08-2009, 12:17 AM
I would but I think the only video games I would have a chance of getting to finals to would be Pokemon and Guitar Hero.

Orthar
03-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Yes, and I already have.

Most of the time I go to free ones around GameStop's when big release titles come out. Example, when Gears of War 2 came out they held a tourney and the winner won a free copy of the LE for Gears of War 2. I placed 5th out of 10, but it was still a fun experience.

Would I pay to enter one? Yeah, probably. There are some games that I'm pretty good at, and just the competitiveness of a tournament would make it exciting.

The Amazing Ninja Kirby
03-08-2009, 12:20 AM
I would if I knew what game it was and if the entry fee wasn't too high. Man, if only they had Killer Instinct tournaments I'd pwn everyone there with 14 hit Killers and 27-28 hit Ultras. CHIEF THUNDER OWNS!!!!

Kenny_C.002
03-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Eh... no way.

I'd probably get beaten by all the people that do nothing with their lives except play games all night and day and take a piss in a bottle to save themselves from having to go to the bathroom.

Let 'em win at the games and fail at life. Not for me, thanks.

If it's under the circumstance that it's a casual tournament, would you still not go? What if a good friend is going? Would you go not to play IN the tournament?

I would if I knew what game it was and if the entry fee wasn't too high. Man, if only they had Killer Instinct tournaments I'd pwn everyone there with 14 hit Killers and 27-28 hit Ultras. CHIEF THUNDER OWNS!!!!

First post: SMALL entry fee.

The Jr Trainer
03-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah, probably. Even if I'm not extremely awesome at the game, I would still go. I think they would be fun experiences.

Hei Feng
03-08-2009, 05:13 AM
Nah, that kinda stuff just doesn't interest me.

Fire Away
03-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Depending on the game I might go watch at least. I guess it'd depend on my plans for the day.

atucker22
03-08-2009, 12:34 PM
No that's too nerdy for my liking.

Ajarr
03-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Meh, probably. Depends on what game it is. If it had a cash prize I would definitely enter it!

Game Over
03-09-2009, 01:09 AM
I would go to a tournament if I was in it, besides that probably not, since I am bad at most games competitively. The fee really doesn't matter to me if I did go, because I know that by not participating I am only missing out at a good opportunity.

Ranma
03-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Yep.

1) It's fun.
2) Good prizes. (Sometimes)
3) Competition allows improvment.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
04-04-2009, 04:53 AM
Yes. They are cool. :cool:

But I'll play only those games that I actually have a chance of winning. So no Wii or some complicated game where I can't even use the controls well. >_>

Yep.

1) It's fun.
2) Good prizes. (Sometimes)
3) Competition allows improvment.

Quoted for truth.