PDA

View Full Version : A dissapointing pokemon game; Or WAS it?

Snake Bite
03-11-2009, 09:17 PM
So, I for one was left a little disappointed with Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl.
Reasons-

There was no Acreus event in America. I personally enjoy the thought of finding and capturing Acerus.
There was no event, in America, that allowed you to get Shamin Via Oaks letter.
The Wi-fi trading was pretty lame.
They are doing the above events; in pokemon platnum, BEFORE Pokemon D/p, which came out long before pokemon platnum
They did not give away the final App's for the Poketch.
Some of the new pokemon were fugly.
Not enough touch screen used.
---Please leave other disappointments you have and I shall add them---
Other peoples disappointments
They did not like the 3-D
They did not like the storyline
They did not like that it did not have enough side adventures

Now let me say, the first Pokemon game for the D/S was pretty awesome, with Wi-Fi and whatnot. I loved the graphics (3-D). The sideline stuff was plentiful (In my idea) Except for the lack of other things to beat besides the battle tower. I just believe they are short cutting it for Pokemon Platinum. Anyone agree OR disagree with me?

TeirusuFX
03-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I just don't like it in general

It's not a disappointment, but there's barely any creativity in this game

When I say creativity, I mean the side quests, and the Pokemon designs

Some are good, but most of them are just terrible

♪テイルス♪
♫Teirusu♫

Tombi
03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it was lame. The vast majority of the new Pokemon suck. I always admired them for their unique designs but now it's just getting pathetic. The best ones are Skorupi and Drapion in my opinion.

Sometimes the graphics looked terrible. The new attack names were stupid too, and nearly all of the music irritated me apart from Cynthia's battle music, which was actually awesome.

Howevever I enjoyed it. XD I got both Diamond and Pearl and I'm planning on purchasing Platinum too.

I love contradiction.

Dark Turtwig
03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I enjoyed D/P at first, because I had only played the first 3 gyms of Emerald before getting Pearl, so I automatically thought it was awesome. However, after getting Crystal, beating Emerald, and beating both Red and Blue versions, I realied how bad D/P sucked.
But, I ended up buying Diamond and giving Pearl to my brother, and I reserved a copy of Platinum.
Hypocricy ftw. :3

----
Oh, and I have around 585 hours logged on my Diamond (about 300 of those hours are in Wi-fi battles, and around 100 is breeding, and another 50 of those hours are in the battle tower. Which I beat, got 100 win streak, and have the Black trainer card.)

Tory vs Meaty II
03-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Neo Pikachu did the first option last year.

----------
---------------

Hello everyone, welcome to Judgment Day, only on G4tv! I'm your host Tory, and this is my rival Meaty. Lets rate!

Tory: I give Pokemon Diamond & Pearl a 7.5/10.
Meaty: This game gets an 8/10 for me.

Meaty:
On the positive side:
- The game features over 480 Pokemon to collect
- The graphics in battle looks amazing
- This is one of the first Pokemon games with Nintendo WiFi connection

Tory:
On the negative side:
- The design of the envoirments don't look good as Pokemon Emerald did, the Sinnoh region was a disappointment
- On D/P, Secret bases are in the underground instead of on islands, in caves, trees, mountains, etc., this makes it a big rip off
- There is no next region nor hidden islands to go

Sight of the Stars
03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
lol The Ninetales sprite sucked, like, bad. Big disappointment to me. The only things I even kinda like doing is Wi-Fi battling, trading for the heck of it, and making Poffins, as well as planting berries and contests.

Grassy_Aggron
03-11-2009, 10:03 PM
It was good, but after I beat the game and caught all the legends...:/

I now spend my days breeding pokes, and hoping for Arceus to come along. I have 2 Masterballs >:3

Contests are fun, Battle Tower challenging, Poffin making is okay. Still, there is really nothing to do after you unlock the Fight Area (or whatever) and catch all the legendaries.

Plus, it REALLY sucks if you don't have WiFi...>.> *Mutters something about getting the Wii connected but not the DS*

Nirvash
03-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Game was awesome for the first like 2-3 weeks. Then I ran out of things to do that were mildly entertaining at all.

I really really loved the time of the hype. Was the most I ever loved pokemon (still do, but just not as much EHHHHHHH).

Also ruined PE2k.

Kendo
03-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Kendo's Personal Rundown

(not a ripoff of Tory and Meaty's rating)

PROS
-Graphics are great
-There's so many more Pokemon
-Has Wi-Fi capabilities

CONS
-The battle music sucked. Xylophones? They have keyboards that sound like ACCORDIONS, for Pete's sake!
-The Pokemon designs mostly sucked. It seems like they made too many animals and said "We need a bunny! Quick! Make one!".
-2D graphics fit Pokemon better.
-Sucks without Wi-Fi.

Light_Sky
03-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Horrible Disappointment. They had good design's like Tombi said. But the vast majority of new Pokemon was horrible. Very disappointing with having no Events (Oaks Letter, Azure Flute, Member Card, Etc) I got to see some with AR and they were excellent events, but once again America never got those. The plot was the same as usual, Nintendo is really losing it. I'd give it a 1. Once again Nintendo you blew yet another game!
~LS

Max-Attack
03-11-2009, 11:03 PM
My favorite version often changes with which one I'm actually playing, but it's always either Leaf Green or Pearl. I really like the new game with its improvements. I thought most of the battle music was great, with the exception of the wild pokemon battle, which inevitably gets annoying after a while. The pokemon sprites are pretty good, but I overall liked Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's better. It seems like lot of people complain about the 3-D effect in the overworld, but I think it's great.

The only real issue I have with the newest generation as a whole is the evolution add-ons that they did to the pokemon from previous generations. I just hate all of them. It seems like they can never do a good job with making them look enough like their previous evolution, or even not-ugly enough for that matter. Electivire has become my new least favorite pokemon. But I like the rest of the new pokemon, particularly Rampardos, Drapion, and Drifblim.

Ranma
03-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Yes. No re-play value at all. :(

Game Over
03-12-2009, 12:18 AM
I personally liked it myself, because of all of the new pokemon and battle strategies, but that's just me.

Graceful_Suicune
03-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Hey. Wifi was cool, man. Great idea, IMO.

However, I was really disappointed with Diamond and Pearl. After playing through Emerald (best Pokemon game for GB apart from Crystal :D), I was really let down. Like people have said, it was good at first, but nowhere near as good as Emerald.
And also, I hated the Flareon sprite. They ruined Flareon! Ugly face and really bad colours. >.>

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-12-2009, 07:33 AM
The only real issue I have with the newest generation as a whole is the evolution add-ons that they did to the pokemon from previous generations. I just hate all of them. It seems like they can never do a good job with making them look enough like their previous evolution, or even not-ugly enough for that matter.
Completely agree with that.

I thought they were alright. Could have been a lot better, but still good. I really think they could have done something more useful/interesting with the touch screen.

WiFi was awesome though. I think a lot of people had been waiting for that for a long time.

Snake Bite
03-12-2009, 04:54 PM
I have entered most peoples stuff. So far, seems most people are mildly disaponted with D/P.

Tombi
03-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Also another thing, linking to what Max-Attack said.

What the HELL is a Magnezone. Seriously.

I saw that thing and actually said 'what the @!?#.' Also Probopass. Aside from the snigger-inducing name that thing is pathetic. It's a cross between Squidward's House and Mario.

The Magmar evolution was totally pointless. It has a frickin' cannon for an arm. Only one thing is allowed cannons and that's Blastoise.

If they evolved Kingler I probably would have snapped the game in half.

Dark Turtwig
03-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Also another thing, linking to what Max-Attack said.

I saw that thing and actually said 'what the @!?#.' Also Probopass. Aside from the snigger-inducing name that thing is pathetic. It's a cross between Squidward's House and Mario.

The Magmar evolution was totally pointless. It has a frickin' cannon for an arm. Only one thing is allowed cannons and that's Blastoise.

If they evolved Kingler I probably would have snapped the game in half.

QFT.
That is one of the most hilarious posts about D/P, and one of the most true.
Probopass... wtf. Did the creator think of that when he was drunk? I mean, 'mini-noses?' o.O; That's just lame.

Snake Bite
03-12-2009, 06:34 PM
QFT.
That is one of the most hilarious posts about D/P, and one of the most true.
Probopass... wtf. Did the creator think of that when he was drunk? I mean, 'mini-noses?' o.O; That's just lame.

I like nosepass. His defences seemed good in emerald but never could find him... (Untill I found 'bout pokemon websites like Serebii that tell you how to find em) I also like the unusual way it and Magneton evolve. I use a magnezone because I caputred a shiny magnemite, and in order make others quiver from the sheer uglyness of magnetzone in wi-fi battles!:twisted:

Yoda55
03-12-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't see what is so bad about the games... in game is fine, wifi is fine, and the new pokemon are okish. Nothing bad in there.

Dark Turtwig
03-12-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't see what is so bad about the games... in game is fine, wifi is fine, and the new pokemon are okish. Nothing bad in there.

Play Red/Blue, and Crystal or Emerald, and you will see why.

Yoda55
03-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Play Red/Blue, and Crystal or Emerald, and you will see why.

I liked Diamond more then Emerald because there is no wifi in there.:dazed: I think if it had wifi i would like it more but thats me:sleepy:

Tombi
03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
*clears throat*

Bastiodon and Gastrodon's names were infuriatingly similiar.

'Elite Four Cynthia is about to send out Gastrodon'

So you think Bastiodon and send out a water-type. Then realise it's actually an overgrown sea-slug with Downes Syndrome. It's basically just a mutated Lapras with a pathetic pre-evo.

Ambipom is scary. Next.

Glameow's tail is insanely stupid. Purugly just made me laugh. Pokemon aren't meant to have 'ugly' in their names. What happened to 'every Pokemon is special and equal and needs to be loved'? They're making retarded slugs and ugly cats. Not helping.

Bronzong, fail. It doesn't look like a proper Pokemon. It's just a floating metal contraption with no visible eyes that seems to always be hinting that it wants a hug.

Happiny... why? . _. If anyone can answer that, PM me.

Spiritomb... no. Just no. Does that thing have a tree trunk or something? It's a cloud of purple and green air with a tree trunk. Enough said.

Don't even get me started on Hippopotas and Hippowdon. One, their names are very hard to spell. Two, Hippowdon has anger problems. Why do you want a screaming hippo on your DS? = _=

Lickilicky looks like he should be on the sex offenders register.

Rhyperior's name fails and so do those stupid things on its shoulders. Everyone KNOWS you're meant to stop at Rhydon. Everyone wants a Rhydon. Now everyone has to try to get a Rhyperior if they want to complete the near-impossible task of catching every single Pokemon.

Tangrowth makes me cry. @_@

Togekiss, no. Stupid name, stupid wings, stupid design, stupid idea, stupid Nintendo.

Leafeon and Glaceon. If, about fives years ago, I hadn't made up an ice eeveelution called Glacion with a design that owns the real one, maybe I wouldn't hate it so much. But I do. My Glacion is so much frickin' cooler and had so much better attacks and I thought of the name first. T^T[/tantrum]

Yanmega and Gliscor, bahahahahhah! A fan hacked the game and put in their own Pokemon! ... Wait.

Dusknoir doesn't look anything like it's pre-evos. I didn't even know it HAD pre-evo's until I researched.

Dialga, Palkia, Regigigas, Shaymin and Arceus all sucked. The first two just look gay, Regigigas's name is too long, Shaymin is a walking bush that turns into some sort of Disney character, and Arceus... too many colours. I had a seizure.

Sorry guys, I've been wanting to rant about this for a very long time.

Oh yeah, and for once in Nintendo's life, they failed with Pokemon starters.

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
03-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Ahahahaha, yes, yes it does. Not to mention his name.

In my opinion DP was a good game, it just got hyped, a little too overhyped. I mean, that was a good thing, as in my small group of friends at school we'd never stop playing and try to outdo eachother, but after teh first few months, the novelty soon wore off. We all found ourselves quitting, and WiFi tourmented us as everyone had level 100 Ev trained UBERS and basically polished off our in-game teams we had worked so hard on.
So now, not only are we getting beaten every match we play, but we must remake teams just to compete with a small chance of victory?
Hours of work just ot get an alakazam with the correct nature, Iv's and Ev's just didn't seem all that worth it to me and my friends. (I'm doing it all now, but thats besides the point) We hadn't even Heard of Ev's & Iv's until I came to this forum..

Anyways, DP good games, just a little too basic, hopefully Platinum will sort this out for me and I'll enjoy it equally, if not more than the Ruby/Saphire/Emerald saga.

Snake Bite
03-12-2009, 07:05 PM
*clears throat*

Bastiodon and Gastrodon's names were infuriatingly similiar.

So True.

Glameow's tail is insanely stupid. Purugly just made me laugh. Pokemon aren't meant to have 'ugly' in their names. What happened to 'every Pokemon is special and equal and needs to be loved'? They're making retarded slugs and ugly cats. Not helping.

I KNOW.

Spiritomb... no. Just no. Does that thing have a tree trunk or something? It's a cloud of purple and green air with a tree trunk. Enough said.
I like spirtomb. He wins me battles and he is awsome with his types. He does look fake... But his sound in slow mo sounds like hi!

It does. And it looks like it has aids. And like a fat prostitute.
They needed to have tangela evolve, and its just ok.
Togekiss, no. Stupid name, stupid wings, stupid design, stupid idea, stupid Nintendo.

Hey! I like togekiss. Wings are bad thou.:silenced:
Yanmega and Gliscor, bahahahahhah! A fan hacked the game and put in their own Pokemon! ... Wait.

Those are awsome.

Oh yeah, and for once in Nintendo's life, they failed with Pokemon starters.
Yep. Me and my friend were disputing on which of those we should get, so we decided it did not matter and did not train any of them at all.
Options.

A tuxido pinguin
A monkey with its brains on fire
Walking dirt.

Read above remarks.

Max-Attack
03-12-2009, 07:17 PM
A giant floating piece of crap.

The Magmar evolution was totally pointless.
No kidding. And it didn't even make it to the standard competitive tier, so what a waste. They should have just left Magmar alone.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Bronzong, fail. It doesn't look like a proper Pokemon. It's just a floating metal contraption with no visible eyes that seems to always be hinting that it wants a hug.
I think the red things are supposed to be his eyes.

Happiny... why? . _. If anyone can answer that, PM me.
Because they just can't leave pokemon alone that were once stand-alones, like Tauros, and like Chansey used to be. It gives them a unique quality if you ask me.

Rhyperior's name fails and so do those stupid things on its shoulders. Everyone KNOWS you're meant to stop at Rhydon. Everyone wants a Rhydon. Now everyone has to try to get a Rhyperior if they want to complete the near-impossible task of catching every single Pokemon.

I love Rhydon. Rhyperior and Tangrowth make me sad.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually the case.

Dusknoir doesn't look anything like it's pre-evos. I didn't even know it HAD pre-evo's until I researched.
Clops was annoying enough, I don't even want to know what it's like to face one of these guys.

Sorry guys, I've been wanting to rant about this for a very long time.

We're lucky that there are people here we can relate to. On Serebii, if you bash the evolutions, prepare to get hated.

Tombi
03-12-2009, 07:48 PM
I think the red things are supposed to be his eyes.

Supposed to be. They look nothing like eyes, which is why it fails. xD

Ajarr
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
It was okay, not great. They did add some new stuff to it, but other than that it gets pretty boring after a while.

Seawolf
03-12-2009, 08:05 PM
The only real issue I have with the newest generation as a whole is the evolution add-ons that they did to the pokemon from previous generations. I just hate all of them. It seems like they can never do a good job with making them look enough like their previous evolution, or even not-ugly enough for that matter. Electivire has become my new least favorite pokemon. But I like the rest of the new pokemon, particularly Rampardos, Drapion, and Drifblim.

Same here.

I liked the games myself. I knew they weren't going to be like Red and Blue, so I kept my expectations fairly low. I was surprised by how much fun it turned out to be. I loved all the new features, too.

I love hearing people complain about how all the new Pokemon are terrible and unoriginal. Let's see you try and come up with nearly 500 new monsters.

Gold Rush
03-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I wish the games not so repetetive ._.
Anyway I expected Diamond to be really awsome and different but It was just the same thing but in a slightly more interactive and slightly more 3D screen :/

Professor Geoffrey
03-12-2009, 08:44 PM
This poll needed more options. D:

It was slightly a disappointment. I mean, it was better than Red, Blue, Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald, but FR/LG, Yellow, and G/S/C were better games.

gamelord
03-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Having no Wi-Fi really means the game is over once you get Heatran. So far, barley any events, in Australia the only one so far was The Rise of Darkrai event.

Tombi
03-12-2009, 09:13 PM
I love hearing people complain about how all the new Pokemon are terrible and unoriginal. Let's see you try and come up with nearly 500 new monsters.

But the thing is, they shouldn't have in the first place. =/ They should've left it at 3rd gen. It was obvious they'd run out of ideas eventually and I admire them for managing to get three generations worth of originality.

Seawolf
03-12-2009, 09:18 PM
But the thing is, they shouldn't have in the first place. =/ They should've left it at 3rd gen. It was obvious they'd run out of ideas eventually and I admire them for managing to get three generations worth of originality.

Pokemon makes a lot of money for Nintendo. They're going to keep milking it for years to come.

Primal Mario
03-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Dissapointed with:

The AI in this game is Very Low.

Wifi: I do not like how the servers crash and make you Dissconnect from Wi-Fi

Sprites of SOME pokemon

Storyline: Too Predictable and short

How i would of made it:

Added some mode where if you got out of a Wi-Fi battle and lost you could face that same trainer again without Reconnecting
Kind of like a Wi-Fi History Plaza
It keeps record of your wi-fi activities and lets you face trainers again.

AI Higher.

Get rid of Bidoof And Bibarel

Snake Bite
03-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Same here.

I was surprised by how much fun it turned out to be. I loved all the new features, too.

I agree, it was a GREAT game, but Slightly disapointing.

As for the "Lets see me make 500 new monsters, I dont. Thats what every little boy and girl, some teens, and the occasional creepy adult pay 29.99 U.S. dollars (Or the equivalant of) to Nintindo to do. But hey, lets say you make 5 bucks an hour after taxes. I say anything that takes me 6 hours of work to get and I get over 6 times that in fun while playing it is good.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-13-2009, 01:21 AM
I wish the games not so repetetive ._.
Anyway I expected Diamond to be really awsome and different but It was just the same thing but in a slightly more interactive and slightly more 3D screen :/

Have you notice that most of the new games are repetitive? It is ashamed.

spartan117
03-13-2009, 01:32 AM
Ok I think the game was good overall but somewhat disappointing too.

Lets start with the pros:
Good graphics
Day and Night
Poketch
More Pokemon
Wi-Fi Trading/Battling
GTS
PalPark
Etc..

Now the Cons:
Lacked a good storyline
Was too short
Pokemon didnt have much originality
Wi-Fi wasnt the greatest
No events in the US

I mean I think the pros outweigh the cons but I expected a lot more from these games. Platinum seems to have a lot more features but I still dont think it'll be that good.
If anyone disagrees with me...go ahead. These are just my opinions.

Jack of Clovers
03-13-2009, 03:00 AM
I enjoyed the gameplay. It shouldn't really matter if we like the new Pokemon or not... we Gotta catch 'em all! heh.

Though, a better touch screen interface might have been nice.

~Jack~

Snake Bite
03-14-2009, 12:24 AM
I enjoyed the gameplay. It shouldn't really matter if we like the new Pokemon or not... we Gotta catch 'em all! heh.

Though, a better touch screen interface might have been nice.

~Jack~

Seriously, nearly the whole game can be played without it.
I am ready for platnium and the Nintindos new DS, the DSi. The combination makes me want pokemon platt. more, just because the screen and sound will be better.:ermm:

Sixto
03-14-2009, 05:58 PM
This would all be resolved if they (Nitendo or GF) only gave us a full 3D RPG for the Wii.

CrazyTrainer
03-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes you do have facts to back up your statements but , diamond and pearl was still a good game. But now with platinum they have advanced everything you can catch pokemon that you couldn't before and its easier to get legendaries.

Frozen
03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
I actually really liked the games. Although, the storyline needed a little work, and the only reason I needed a stylus was for mixing the berries.

Fire Away
03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
I still think Tangrowth is awesome. :x

In comparison to previous games in the series, yeah, DP wasn't very good. In its own right though it's a pretty good RPG.

atucker22
03-14-2009, 10:07 PM
It wasn't great, but it was enjoyable

Snake Bite
03-14-2009, 11:41 PM
This would all be resolved if they (Nintendo or GF) only gave us a full 3D RPG for the Wii.

Yes. It is so obvious, that I KNOW that they will make it next. Nintendo is slow, but I am sure they will make it. Nintendo likes to hold out on information. (exempt occasional un-attentional leaks)

Nintendo can has secret.