PDA

View Full Version : Misheard Song Lyrics??? O.o

maddiesapphire
03-13-2009, 03:33 PM
What are some song lyrics that you've completely misheard? X]
For me- Hot And Cold, I thought "You PMS" was "You Be A Mess." XP
And for Misery Business, I COMPLETELY heard the lyrics wrong.
I thought the chorus was:

Whoah, We're never meant to break, but I got what I wanted now.
Whoah, it was never my intention to break, to steal it all away from you now.
Because it feels so good,
Cause I got what I wanted now.
And if you could then you know you would.
Because this body just feels so good.

Lmao. Feel free to laugh. X] I know the correct lyrics now though. :cool:

Shiny Loser
03-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Death metal songs are easy to mishear. So are the songs of the pop girls who distort and autotune their voices to make them sound cuter.

Go search for Opeth's "Ghost Of Perdition" misheard lyrics. Hilarious!

Blast the Stereo
03-13-2009, 08:50 PM
In Chop Suey, I always thought "Why'd you leave the keys up on the table?" was "Why'd you leave the kids up on the table?"

Which would have been wayyy cooler. But oh well, that song's already random as hell.

And growing up, I always thought "It's a Hard-Knocked Life" was "It's a Hard Enough Life"

Psychedelic Shroomish
03-14-2009, 04:35 AM
For "Hey Now You're A Rockstar" my friend used to think that it went like "My mom's on fire, how 'bout urs, that is way I liek it and I never got bored" but in reality it does not say that!! :redface: I thought it was silly and it made me giggle.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
This mistake is not as significant as that of you guys, but... the Click Five's song "Jenny". Many people mishear this part of the chorus: "___ standing still". Apparently it's "or".

Elrond
03-25-2009, 02:07 AM
For "Hey Now You're A Rockstar" my friend used to think that it went like "My mom's on fire, how 'bout urs, that is way I liek it and I never got bored" but in reality it does not say that!! :redface: I thought it was silly and it made me giggle.

The song's called All Star. :P

And lol at the thread title- that's like the story of my life. Actually, my English teacher, of all people, told our class a funny story about some lyrics he misheard the other day. Apparently there's a song by the Bee Gees called "Tragedy," but he always thought it was "Bend Your Knees," so one day his sister walked in on him dancing to it. And bending his knees. He gave us a demonstration. I laughed. Hard.

Grassy_Aggron
03-25-2009, 03:20 AM
Ah.

"The River" by Garth Brooks. I misheard this part;

"With the good lord as my captain", I thought it was "Well the good lord has my cat". Wtf, man? What does that have to do with a boat sailing on the river of dreams? 0o Awkward much? I...Only discovered the correct punctuation a couple months ago. Oops.

AngelWings_KoKoPuff
03-27-2009, 04:05 AM
Oh, so many lyrics have I misheard.
One of my most recent was on the song 'Liar Liar (Burn in Hell)' by The Used.
Misheard chorus:
Liar liar
Pants on fire
Liar liar
Stop your stuff from catching
Fire, fire
Gotta make her
Liar liar

And on Chop Suey, I thought 'leave the key upon the table' was 'leave the kids upon the table' as well. I mishear a lot of SOAD's songs.

Gaby
03-27-2009, 07:53 AM
YouTube > What's Up People?! - Maximum the Hormone misheard lyrics. > Lulz. xD

Srsly though, I always thought that in Prayer of the Refugee - Rise Against, he said 'We've been pulling off the nails that hold the boundaries-thing you've known.' xDD He says 'everything' instead of 'boundaries'.

@Angel: You're not the only one who's misheard an SoaD song, trust me... xD

atucker22
03-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Everyone misshears "Rock the Kasbah" (????) but in "Dani California" by the chilli peps
I thought it was "She never that there was anything more than p**n, what in the world does the country take me for" when it's "She never knew that there was anything more than poor, what in the world does your company take me for".

Yeah I know it's wierd, once though my friend said "My birthday passed" and I thought he said "The bread is past" and I was like WTF??, then I was embaressed

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
03-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Everyone misshears "Rock the Kasbah" (????) but in "Dani California" by the chilli peps
I thought it was "She never that there was anything more than p**n, what in the world does the country take me for" when it's "She never knew that there was anything more than poor, what in the world does your company take me for".

Yeah I know it's wierd, once though my friend said "My birthday passed" and I thought he said "The bread is past" and I was like WTF??, then I was embaressed

Hilarious!

Anyways if you want a little giggle, Numa Numa Song Misheard lyrics in Youtube.

I guarantee atleast one funny one.