PDA

View Full Version : Mario or Sonic?

The Doctor
03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
With Nintendo they had a mascot named Mario and Sega also had a mascot named Sonic! So, now comes the ultimate question...

"Which is better Mario or Sonic?"

~Darkness

Ridley
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Neither of them, because Weegee is where it's at.

Mewchirio
03-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I say both, I like them equally

~Mewchirio~

George Jefferson
03-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Crash Bandicoot

Gold Rush
03-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Mario wins hands down :o

Saraibre Ryu
03-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog by ten fold.

Dark Turtwig
03-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Sonic is a gay little hedgehog with too much hair gel. gg.

Mario ftw. n_n

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
03-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Mario is a plumber that fights evil mushrooms and plants. Who's arch enemy is a fire breathing turtle.

Sonic is a blue hedgehog that fights... Robots?

Mario Wins in my opinion, so much better.

Coins > Rings; I actually did one of my English Courseworks on this topic.

Peace Buyer
03-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Why should i care about which is better???

both of them are lame,

I can't even believe they made it this far

Ajarr
03-18-2009, 07:26 PM
The plumber is better than the hog.

The Politoed Hunter
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Sonic FTW.

"Itsa me, Mario, do you wanta some pizza?"

"Nooo, only when its LUIGI time!"

"You. Both. Suck. Sonic's the name, speed's my game!"

"You are a spikya haired freak with too many shoe buckles a ya!"

"Meh, at least I am not a fat plumber who is fatter than Eggman."

"gg."

Yup, Sonic is pure epicness.

George Jefferson
03-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Sonic FTW.

"Itsa me, Mario, do you wanta some pizza?"

"Nooo, only when its LUIGI time!"

"You. Both. Suck. Sonic's the name, speed's my game!"

"You are a spikya haired freak with too many shoe buckles a ya!"

"Meh, at least I am not a fat plumber who is fatter than Eggman."

"gg."

Yup, Sonic is pure epicness.

They both suck imo.

Kendo
03-18-2009, 07:55 PM
I played a Sonic game...and I liked it.

I played a Mario game...and I like it.

But even though Mario's fat, he's been in the industry longer. I vote him.

Yoda55
03-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Both are good.

Peace Buyer
03-18-2009, 08:12 PM
They both suck imo.

I agree with you man,

they are equal in quality of badness,

dont expect them to make anymore games!

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
03-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Prepare to be shocked.

ALSO

Sonics a sellout. Werewolves, Knights... C'mon!

George Jefferson
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Prepare to be shocked.

ALSO

Sonics a sellout. Werewolves, Knights... C'mon!

ALSO

Marios a sellout. Parties, sports... C'mon!

TeirusuFX
03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
I don't really like any of them, Tails and Luigi is where it's at :P

Go sidekicks!

♪テイルス♪
♫Teirusu♫

Game Over
03-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I would say sonic, he is faster and I love sonic the hedgehog for the sega genesis more than I like Super Mario Brothers for the NES.

Metaphysical
03-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Mario>Sonic Yeah thats right.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-19-2009, 03:02 AM
Mario: my 3rd favorite game franchise.
Sonic: the 1# worst game franchise ever. (many users already knew that from me)

Reason I think that Sonic is the worst game franchise of all time:
- you just run around and collect coins
- repetitive
- boring
- and nothing else to do

George Jefferson
03-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Mario: my 3rd favorite game franchise.
Sonic: the 1# worst game franchise ever. (many users already knew that from me)

- repetitive
- boring
- and nothing else to do

wut how dare u sonic is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im mad becuz u insulted my furry side!!!!

parsol lady
03-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Mario. I don't really like Sonic.

Saraibre Ryu
03-19-2009, 05:50 PM
- repetitive
- boring
- and nothing else to do

Well, first of all, its RINGS, not coins, and second, that isn't what you just do in Sonic. Sonic needs rings for his energy, just like Mario needs coins for energy. Sonic, rings, coins, Mario. Get it right, it's a big difference.

Anyway, first of all, I think Mario is way more repetitive than anything else. It's usually something to do with some princess, or saving someone/something, because Bowser took something/someone. Note, that the very general plot is getting old, and the games do have some good entertainment value, but any other Mario game besides that is a party game, eg. Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Sports games. Note that new aspects work for Mario, because he's so general. Sonic doesn't really work with new things because one, people complain way too much, and alot of the fans are closed minded and don't like change.

Anyway, character wise:

Mario isn't that complex, compared to Sonic. Mario barely talks, Sonic talks alot, so you see more of his character. You don't know what Mario's favorite food is do you? Sonic's? You can find out, its chilli dogs. Mario seems forcibly thrust into everything he does, Sonic chooses more of how he lives, because of his love of freedom. Why does Mario do everything he does? We don't know because there is less of his character known, compared to Sonic. Sonic will help others because they need it and he can do something to help with it. Mario just does stuff, because the plot wills him to do so.

The one thing we know that Mario can do, than Sonic can't, is swim. Sonic can't swim because he is aquaphobic. Besides, who needs to swim when he can run on water with pure ease.

Mario's world, is very fictional, made to appeal to children's audience, but can appeal to all audiences. Sonic's is more realistic in comparison, though, depending on your liking, this can go either way. Sonic's is not made to be all realistic, but is compared to Mario. Mario is a human, opkay, thats about as real as it gets. Still, Mario is more 'fansastical' so that could be a good thing in some cases.

Now, games. Now with Sonic, I'm going to say that some fans of the blue hedgehog are inconsistant, and complain alot, because they can't handle change. Then there are the others, who want change, and it's kinda difficult for Sega to keep everyone happy. Sonic has been in alot of games, however, with the fan comment mentioned earlier, someone is bound to be upset. With Mario, it's usually something similar that everyone likes, but its gets boring after awhile. The Sonic franchise has dared to try new things. However, people complain about the games far too much, and take Sonic with it. Sonic is a character to be a fan of, just being a fan of his games isn't really being a fan of Sonic. Some reviewers are biased about Sonic games.

In general versus, Sonic can only be beaten by Mario in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and him being stuck in a good amount of glue, or mising that one step on the stairs. Speed can be easily transfered into power, it's something called 'velocity'. Mario uses mostly jumping and a few skills. He gets a hammer as a special ability overall, Sonic can fly and blast right through things without even breaking a sweat, using his pattened Super Sonic form.

Now, making a specific Sonic reference, Werehog Sonic can totally beat Mario down faster than the blue hedgie himself trying to get to a chilli dog sale. Brute strength, very far reach, he can still run pretty fast on all fours.

So, all in all, Sonic trumps Mario in my opinion.

Blast the Stereo
03-19-2009, 05:54 PM

As pointed out previously, it's rings. But to make it more ironic, Mario collects coins. XD

Anyway, I love Mario. Sonic is just ok. Mario > Sonic.

k.

Babii Pikachu
03-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Mario - Supers Mario Bro's FTW, I'm addicted to it ^^;

Sonic - Meh... he's got a big ego... Such a big ego... :3

Mario ftw.

Sandstorm_Lavastone
03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Saraibre pretty much took the words right outta my mouth.

Sonic is more developed as a character than Mario is which is just part of the reason why I really like him. I could care less what his games were, I just love Sonic. And if anyone even comes back with "new things and Sonic don't mix, new things and Mario do mix" it's invaild. Why? Because most Sonic fans are so close minded that they can't see the good things in games like Sonic And The Black Knight or Sonic Unleashed or even Sonic Adventure 2. They are so bent on "Sonic 2 is the best" that they can't see the good things in new games. They should be lucky they are even making Sonic games anymore. I could rant about this all day honestly.

And reviewers, seriously, some of them really make me angry. I bet if I took "a crappy Sonic game" and slapped Mario's face on it, everyone would love it. One reviewer even bashed Sonic Unleashed with a bunch of stuff that wasn't even relivant. Camra angles were bad? Really? Cause it seemed perfectlty fine to me. He was going on about major glitches and bad controls. Honestly, none of that isn't even true if you ask me.

Last but not least, to all the people who say they both suck, why are you even posting here then?

If you don't have a vaild reason as to why they both suck, then your just being ignorant.

Everyone has a right to their opinion yes, but no one has the right to be ignorant about it.

And Sonic, yes he has a big ego, but he's also very kind hearted. I doubt he would care if said ego was buirsed honestly. And Mario? I'm pretty sure he has a big ego too, then again, how would we know? He doesn't talk, we don't know his personality.

Dark Lightning
03-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Mario.
Sonic Unleashed was disappointing. All of the new Sonic games, including the Black Knight, are disappointing. Mario is one of the most recognisable games characters ever, and he just chucks Sonic in the toilet and flushes him away. However, the classic Sonic games and Sonic Heroes were very good.

George Jefferson
03-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Here's my standpoint:

Mario

He's an italian stereotype (The "'s" is "was"), until Nintendo made him into less of a character. He hardly speaks, he always has the same attitude. He's pretty much just a cash cow, just his face on a cover is a mil. dollars for Nintendon't. (HA HA HA.) Luigi is superior, mostly because of Luigi's portayal of a humorous sidekick. Not going into details why he is humorous, but, look at the Paper Mah-eeh-d'oh.

Sonic the Hedgehog

I started to dislike this guy by SA2, most of the supporting cast are two dimensional characters, mostly Shadow as he's an emo fa.ggot. Amy is overrated (Well, I think all furry characters are overrated.) Tails' voice is annoying. And Sonic really killed off my interest ever since the sappy furfag story in Sonic 360.

So in my opinion?

Dynamite Headdy.

Operative
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Mario, ftw.

[ Dual Word ]

atucker22
03-20-2009, 09:12 PM
I like Mario better

Sandstorm_Lavastone
03-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Here's my standpoint:

Mario

He's an italian stereotype (The "'s" is "was"), until Nintendo made him into less of a character. He hardly speaks, he always has the same attitude. He's pretty much just a cash cow, just his face on a cover is a mil. dollars for Nintendon't. (HA HA HA.) Luigi is superior, mostly because of Luigi's portayal of a humorous sidekick. Not going into details why he is humorous, but, look at the Paper Mah-eeh-d'oh.

Sonic the Hedgehog

I started to dislike this guy by SA2, most of the supporting cast are two dimensional characters, mostly Shadow as he's an emo fa.ggot. Amy is overrated (Well, I think all furry characters are overrated.) Tails' voice is annoying. And Sonic really killed off my interest ever since the sappy furfag story in Sonic 360.

So in my opinion?

Dynamite Headdy.

Sonic Adventure 2 is considered one of the best Sonic games and it's when the voice acting was actually good. And Shadow is NOT EMO. I HATE it when people say that. What, is it because his "colors fit the bill" or because he had a bad past? Or perhaps your just stereotyping without actually knowing the personality? Give me a good soild example of his personality that makes him an emo. Sure he's gotten confused a few times in the story lines but it doesn't make him emo. Oh and Sonic 06 wasn't that bad. Also, if you hate furrys and think they are overrated then why are you posting here? Just to make people mad with your rudeness? Seriously, if you don't have anything nice or decent to say then don't say it at all. Waste your time somewhere else.

Mario and Sonic are more than video game characters to some people you know. Mario may not have as much heart as Sonic, but he's not just some "cash cow" to some people, that's rather rude to say.

Mario.
Sonic Unleashed was disappointing. All of the new Sonic games, including the Black Knight, are disappointing. Mario is one of the most recognisable games characters ever, and he just chucks Sonic in the toilet and flushes him away. However, the classic Sonic games and Sonic Heroes were very good.

Ok, this is an example of a close mind. I don't see how Sonic Unleashed was that disappointing. It had speed like people have been going on about and it returned Sonic to his platforming days as the Werehog. He was a platformer in Sonic 2, speed was just a gimick then. I haven't played the Black Knight but instead of saying they were crap, see the good things in those two games. I rather enjoyed Unleashed unlike some complainers. Also, Mario wouldn't be flushing Sonic away in the toilet, how do you expect Mario to catch him? If you ask me, they both have good games, Sonic fans are just more close minded than than Mario. I bet if I slapped Mario on the cover of Unleashed, everyone would love it. Though I'm surprised you say Sonic Heroes is good, that is still kinda new.

CyberGlion
03-23-2009, 03:18 AM
I have always been more partial towards Mario, simply because I grew up with him :P
So yeah, I pick Mario.

Dancing Mad
03-23-2009, 04:41 AM
When was Sonic's last good game? Oh yeah then we have Mario Galaxy. Plus you just can't beat the plumber.

George Jefferson
03-23-2009, 04:45 PM
When was Sonic's last good game? Oh yeah then we have Mario Galaxy. Plus you just can't beat the plumber.

I hate it when people think the Galaxy game is good.

Woohoo, you're all drawn into it's gimmick.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
04-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I agree with you man,

they are equal in quality of badness,

In other words, they're equally good in your opinion. Right?

And so technically, there should be no "neither" "or "both of them" option, since both just mean that Mario and Sonic are equal anyway.

Meh, in my opinion, they're equally good.

By the way, anyone tried "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_&_Sonic_at_the_Olympic_Games)"? (I have it on my DS.) If you haven't, you should. It makes the best comparison of the two out of any game. So ditch Super Smash Brothers or whatever that is, if you want to compare these two. :P

ShadowUmbreon545
04-13-2009, 05:31 PM
i chose Sonic.I love speed

Vaughn
04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Sonic:
- collecting rings

Mario:
- has a brother
- red
- plumber

Graceful_Suicune
04-14-2009, 12:19 AM
I love the Sonic series.
...Whereas Mario has never appealed to me.

~Xanthe.

Azumi
04-14-2009, 01:13 AM
100% of you should have voted neither. Pokémon. Come on, you're on a Pokémon forum and you like Sonic and Mario more than Pokémon? What is this cruel world coming to?

iChaos
04-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Sonic also turns into a Werewolf, and SuperSonic. Sonic pwns Mario.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
04-16-2009, 11:05 AM
100% of you should have voted neither. Pokémon. Come on, you're on a Pokémon forum and you like Sonic and Mario more than Pokémon? What is this cruel world coming to?

We know that this is a Pokemon forum. We also know (OK, most of us, but you get my point... I hope) that we should vote for Pokemon as the best whenever we can. However, this thread is not about whether you like Pokemon more than Mario or Sonic, it's about whether Mario or Sonic is better. In other words, in this thread we take Pokemon out of the equation, and compare Mario and Sonic only. For starters, nothing about Pokemon was seen in the first post. Just Mario and Sonic.

Funny how in so many threads like this there are "both" and "neither" options, when really one would suffice. And funny that how hardly anyone notices that both of them mean exactly the same thing.

Meh, I don't even know why I say all of this. I bet I'll get ignored again... >_>