PDA

View Full Version : firefox trouble

scubasteveE
03-19-2009, 03:53 AM
I'm having trouble with firefox. When I double click on the short cut, go to programs, and even the program files, and try to run the browser it doesn't work. I double click it and nothin shows. Any ideas?

Assaundrell Yumerai
05-02-2009, 09:35 AM
I also experienced the same thing, but it worked again by restarting the computer.
(I'm not sure but give it a try)

Nirvash
05-02-2009, 05:54 PM
That happened to me. I just went to google chrome. I don't miss firefox.

Also, restarting it does not work. If you have a task running called "firefox.exe" then it's working, just not the way you want it to.

complexmanifold
05-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Try ctrl+alt+del and go to your task manager. Go to the processes tab and choose firefox.exe and choose end process. Once it is properly ended, you can try opening Firefox again, and it should work.

George Jefferson
05-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Download the second version of Firefox. Best ver. IMO.

Alonso
05-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Hey there. I am also having major firefox trouble. I will be as specific as possible on my problem.

I open Firefox and start using the internet normally. On any website I'm using, the webpage just freezes. Like if I begin to scroll down, the page just freezes for a few minutes. The same thing happens if I try to type something on any website or the address bar. I don't have these problems with Internet Explorer. My Firefox is as basic as it can get. I have the latest Firefox which is version 3. I don't think it has any extensions but I don't know what these exactly are.

Any solutions?

Edit: More on my problem.

On mozillazine (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs#Hang_using_page_history) there are several tips to solving this freezing or hanging of firefox but none of the tips apply to me. My problem is simple: any page I open just freezes when I try to use it even after it has fully loaded.