PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading?

Dancing Mad
03-20-2009, 06:15 AM
Since we have two what are you listening to threads I though we could have one on reading. Please put some thought into your post not just the title. This isn't a pc+ thread.

Well I am reading
The Problems of Philosphy Bertrand Russell
This is really the first book on Philosphy that I have read. I picked it up because I heard it was a great begining philosophy book. I have only read a couple of chapters, but I must say that I really like it.

Blast the Stereo
03-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Since we have two what are you listening to threads I though we could have one on reading. Please put some thought into your post not just the title. This isn't a pc+ thread.

Well I am reading
The Problems of Philosphy Bertrand Russell
This is really the first book on Philosphy that I have read. I picked it up because I heard it was a great begining philosophy book. I have only read a couple of chapters, but I must say that I really like it.

Speaking of Philosophy, I'm currently forcing down Sophie's World.

It's miserable. :/

AngelWings_KoKoPuff
03-21-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm reading Lauren Myracle's L8r, G8r for the second time. I love this book and the series, especially that it's all in IMs. It's interesting and funny and something that is good for all types of girls, only I don't really think it's a book any guys that I know of would like.

Wisp
03-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Mayer.
I think it's the fifth time now. x3 I'm obsessed with the Twilight saga, so yes. It's written really well, and I find it really hard to put down. ^^; Out of all five books, I think is the best.

Bryce
03-22-2009, 12:01 AM
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee.

It's for school; I knew I was going to have to read it at some point in my life, since, well, it was rated above the Bible as a book every man should read before dying. It's alright.

Tombi
03-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Homecoming - Cynthia Voigt.

The second time. o.o I really need to read the sequels...

Neo Emolga
03-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Amber and Ashes
Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman

The entire DragonLance series is incredibly epic. I don't think I've ever read so much in my life in such a short time span.

Light_Sky
03-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Peak
-Roland Smith

A great book so far!

About Book: Peak Marcello gets caught for scaling skyscrapers he has to move away. But what Peak soon finds out as he's climbing MT.Everest!

My favorite book: Tuck Everlasting
To good to be told.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Title: PokemonElite2000
Aurthur: PokemonElite2000

Phantom Kat
03-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Even though I finished reading it about three weeks ago, I'm probably going to end up reading portions of it again for my note cards. :s

Les MisÚrables: by Victor Hugo

A really, really good plot and story line. There are parts that tug at your heartstrings and parts where you're on the edge of your seat. It's definitely one of those books that you have to read before you die. The only thing I absolutely hate about it is the writing style Hugo uses (think Charles Dickens, since they were best buddies and proofread each other's work). So much unessary description. D:< We read the abridge version, and I would not have the patience to read the complete, 1200 page book. I mean, 150 pages on the Battle of Waterloo, a battle that doesn't effect the plot whatsover? No thanks.

Oh yeah, another thing I hate: my two favorite characters die. D;

- Kat

Frozen
03-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Little Bee by Chris Cleave.
I just started reading it. It's a bit slow, but I have a feeling it is going to become a great story. :]

All Hope Is Gone
03-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Inkspell-Cornilia Funke
This book is awsome.

Dancing Mad
03-23-2009, 06:01 AM
I am reading
The Great Gastby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Yeah I have to read this for school and I just started so I don't know if I like it or not yet.