PDA

View Full Version : Easters?

Angela
03-28-2009, 05:32 PM
So I was wondering, after next Friday I have an 2 week vacation, it's called Easter vacation (Páskafrí), and on Easter day (Páskadag) I get an easter egg (Páskaegg)

It looks like this
http://gurrihar.blog.is/users/46/gurrihar/img/paskaegg.jpg

Seeing I'm Icelandic, I was wondering, do you guys get something like that during the Easters?

How does your country celebrate Easters? What customs are there? Do you get an Easter vacation?

TeirusuFX
03-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Simple

I eat chocolate, color eggs, and hide plastic eggs for the kids to find

And I can't forget to eat Trix

♪テイルス♪
♫Teirusu♫

Yoda55
03-28-2009, 05:39 PM
We don't get a vacation. We get Friday off, and of course saturday, and Sunday. On Sunday my family, and I usually got to my grandmas house.

Babii Pikachu
03-28-2009, 07:40 PM
We get two weeks off, we eat easter eggs on the day of Easter, and it's supposed to be related to an Easter Bunny, except, bunnies don't lay eggs :x

But that's just in Ireland.

Lord Fedora
03-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Here in the good old US of A (at least in my county) we get one to two weeks off from school (depending on where you live), usually ending after the Easter. On Easter itself, amongst the non-children we enjoy the end of our break and the candy sales, while children generally (at least in my family) wake up to baskets of candy and assorted toys from the Easter Bunny, then go hunting for the eggs they dyed the day before and that good old Mr. Easter Bunny hid.

Oh, and babii Pikachu, I'm pretty sure the Bunny was just to secularize a very religious holiday, same as the candy and the eggs.

Dark Turtwig
03-28-2009, 08:14 PM
I honestly don't get the point of Easter. It's supposed to celebrate the ressurection of Jesus Christ, not some giant rabbit that breaks into your house and hides eggs.
Just another commericialized holiday for corporations to make money.

Lord Celebi
03-28-2009, 08:23 PM
I honestly don't get the point of Easter. It's supposed to celebrate the ressurection of Jesus Christ, not some giant rabbit that breaks into your house and hides eggs.

http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/news/3238a.jpg
That's what rabbits have to do with Easter. :P

I celebrate commercialized Easter. Essentially, I just eat candy all day.

Knuckles
03-28-2009, 08:28 PM

i lol'd at this response, but essentially, i do the same as everyone else.. sit around eating candy, and hiding eggs for the younger kids in the family, occasionally coming across a hidden easter egg about 4 months after the fact..

Neo Emolga
03-28-2009, 08:41 PM

I still don't understand it either...

I don't like how the commercialized nonsense tries to overshadow the real meaning and purpose of the holiday...

Poring
03-28-2009, 08:49 PM

I agree; we shouldn't celebrate Holy Week by eating chocolate, we should ceremonially crucify ourselves instead.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/Crucifixion_in_San_Fernando,_Pampanga,_Philippines ,_easter_2006,_p-ad20060414-12h54m52s-r.jpg/400px-Crucifixion_in_San_Fernando,_Pampanga,_Philippines ,_easter_2006,_p-ad20060414-12h54m52s-r.jpg

Dark Turtwig
03-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Little extreme there Poring? :p
Maybe I should have been clearer: Easter marks the ressurection of Jesus Christ.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/news/3238a.jpg
That's what rabbits have to do with Easter. :P

I celebrate commercialized Easter. Essentially, I just eat candy all day.

LMAO. Nice one there.

Ranma
03-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Here in the good old US of A (at least in my county) we get one to two weeks off from school (depending on where you live), usually ending after the Easter. On Easter itself, amongst the non-children we enjoy the end of our break and the candy sales, while children generally (at least in my family) wake up to baskets of candy and assorted toys from the Easter Bunny, then go hunting for the eggs they dyed the day before and that good old Mr. Easter Bunny hid.

Oh, and babii Pikachu, I'm pretty sure the Bunny was just to secularize a very religious holiday, same as the candy and the eggs.

I'm in the US of A and I only get 4 days off I think, Friday-Monday.

I pretty much get a basket of candy. My parents gave up on putting a book in there...

Reign-of-Dreams
03-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Little extreme there Poring? :p
Maybe I should have been clearer: Easter marks the ressurection of Jesus Christ.
How is it extreme? You know, before Jesus Christ was crucified, crucifixation was a common method of death. Of course, now everyone associates it with Jesus. :P

Plus, not everybody celebrates Easter. I like dying eggs and eating candy, though. :3

Professor Geoffrey
03-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Easter is one of the best holidays in the year. It's about the only time I ever get Peeps. And they're so darn delicious. D:

Not to mention deviled eggs. Yum...

Vaughn
03-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Easters!

I'm part of my church's Pathfinders. And to raise money to supprt us, we have to do community service. Yesterday afternoon, 65 Pathfindersi ncluding me almost stuffed almost 10,000 eggs for a massive egg hunt on Easter's.