PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Dead on Cartoon Network?

Light_Sky
03-28-2009, 09:01 PM
I have been looking through the guides. And i realised CN hasn't shown Naruto in over 4 weeks. Is it dead?

Tory vs Meaty II
03-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Naruto is finally dead on Cartoon Network? There is only one thing I got to say:

HOORAY!!

Operative
03-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Options

1 - It's Dead

2 - They're having problems with it.

3 - They're getting dubs ready for Shipudden.

Synester
03-28-2009, 11:43 PM
You people aren't real Toonami fans if you didn't know Toonami got canceled, which means no more crappy ninja anime ^^. For the first time in my life (possibly my last), I agree with Tory.

Operative
03-28-2009, 11:45 PM
You people aren't real Toonami fans if you didn't know Toonami got canceled, which means no more crappy ninja anime ^^. For the first time in my life (possibly my last), I agree with Tory.

You aren't a real Toonami fan if you didn't know that they took Naruto out of Toonami before they canceled it.

Grassy_Aggron
03-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Alas, the only way to catch Naruto now is on the website for it. It also includes Shipudden, but they haven't dubbed it yet and have simply put translations on the bottom, from what I know.

Tis' sad...But dang, they had some nasty villains on there. Of course, there were odd ones too...XD

Ajarr
03-29-2009, 01:09 AM
I used to like, then I stopped watching it, and now I don't give a damn about it. They need to bring back Zatch Bell and other good animes instead of this stupid 6teen crap. Cartoon Network has went down the drain lately and everytime they have a commerical break they have some gay random thing pop up like: (Little Kid, Big Mouth) It's like Pee Wee Herman became CEO of Cartoon Network or something.

Lord Fedora
03-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Good riddance I say. This way they can't get pissy and pull down subbed episodes of Shippuden from Youtube.

George Jefferson
03-30-2009, 09:57 PM
The downfall of quality shows is the biggest fad today. You gotta get with it!

Like today, I suggested for Nickelodeon that they should do a cartoon where a squirell and a raccoon go on crazy adventures at the expense of their sidekick mole's behalf. They go through sticky bathrooms, cow manure filled farms AND malls! Fart jokes, potty humor and such disgusting features galore!!!

EDIT: Holy **** That's three quarters of Cartoon Network I just mentioned.

Soda
03-30-2009, 10:00 PM
I used to like, then I stopped watching it, and now I don't give a damn about it. They need to bring back Zatch Bell and other good animes instead of this stupid 6teen crap. Cartoon Network has went down the drain lately and everytime they have a commerical break they have some gay random thing pop up like: (Little Kid, Big Mouth) It's like Pee Wee Herman became CEO of Cartoon Network or something.

Zatch Bell...I lol'd.

Seriously why are you watching Naruto on Cartoon Network anyways? :rolleyes: Seriously I mean...seriously. lol Why don't you just watch it online? Shippuuden is WAY better then the original, IMO.

Ajarr
03-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Zatch Bell...I lol'd.

Seriously why are you watching Naruto on Cartoon Network anyways? :rolleyes: Seriously I mean...seriously. lol Why don't you just watch it online? Shippuuden is WAY better then the original, IMO.

Well at the time I didn't have internet and I didn't even know it was on the internet so Cartoongaywork it was, lol.

500th POST! Woohoo!!

Synester
03-31-2009, 01:09 AM
You aren't a real Toonami fan if you didn't know that they took Naruto out of Toonami before they canceled it.No, I'm just not a fan of Naruto.

Black Hawk
03-31-2009, 01:24 AM
I have been looking through the guides. And i realised CN hasn't shown Naruto in over 4 weeks. Is it dead?

lol noob still watches english anime on CN.

If you really care, just watch it on the internets. It's so much more convenient because if there's a huge cliffhanger, you can just go right to the next one.

tafka2112
03-31-2009, 01:54 AM
toonami has been dead to me since they played gundam sd. i dont think im one of those people that think the cartoons or tv shows were better when they were a kid but the quality of plot for these things has suffered immensely. i blame hasbro.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-31-2009, 02:08 AM
Toonami has been dead since the Dragon Ball series. Naruto is no where near good as the Dragon Ball series and it will never be.

Lord Fedora
03-31-2009, 02:32 AM
Toonami has been dead since the Dragon Ball series. Naruto is no where near good as the Dragon Ball series and it will never be.
Obvious statement is obvious.

Naruto fails amongst anime, it's one of the few things that I've seen a lot of American and Japanese anime watchers agree on.

Soda
03-31-2009, 02:49 AM

No, it is near what Dragonball was. It is huge. It will never last as long, but Naruto is a good show/manga. It's just they pretty much slaughter everything with an English Dub. [Well too me, that is.]

Naruto is not fail, at all. I personally think you should watch Shippuuden and read the manga and then come back with that. A lot of it is just...awesome! I mean the current filler arc on Naruto Ship is even interesting. And that is rare with me. lol

Why don't you watch something worthwhile, like Bleach. :)

Tory vs Meaty II
03-31-2009, 03:13 AM
Darn it, I meant, "Toonami has been dead since they stop airing the Dragon Ball series."

EDIT: Yeah, I like Bleach, but I hate Naruto so much.

scubasteveE
04-01-2009, 06:59 AM
No, it is near what Dragonball was. It is huge. It will never last as long, but Naruto is a good show/manga. It's just they pretty much slaughter everything with an English Dub. [Well too me, that is.]

Naruto is not fail, at all. I personally think you should watch Shippuuden and read the manga and then come back with that. A lot of it is just...awesome! I mean the current filler arc on Naruto Ship is even interesting. And that is rare with me. lol

Why don't you watch something worthwhile, like Bleach. :)
Yeah ship is way better then the regular naruto. The current filler arc is amazing, at first I wasn't sure if it was a filler :o.

And about naruto on CN, I was thinking that they might air naruto ship on adult swim?

Synester
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM

Why don't you watch something worthwhile, like Bleach. :)No its not :P. Is there a live action Naruto movie? NO!

Yes, it is fail, it is a generic anime, and so is Shippuden, the only real difference, new teamates and new villians :|. Same old idiot blonde kid. The manga is whatever, I never really liked it, they take to long to get to the point of ****.

Synester
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM

Why don't you watch something worthwhile, like Bleach. :)No its not :P. Is there a live action Naruto movie? NO!

Yes, it is fail, it is a generic anime, and so is Shippuden, the only real difference, new teamates and new villians :|. Same old idiot blonde kid. The manga is whatever, I never really liked it, they take to long to get to the point of ****.

@Scuba - Lol, no, they won't :). Adult Swim hardly like anime, they onny like good ones ^^

Peace Buyer
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Naruto was never alive,
Dora the explorer had more fan than that wana be good show

Lord Celebi
04-01-2009, 08:44 PM
It's like Pee Wee Herman became CEO of Cartoon Network or something.

Stuart Snyder did. That's like Pee Wee Herman becoming the CEO of CN, except much worse.

Oh, and quit flamebaiting. I happen to like both Naruto and Toonami. Kthxbai.

Tory vs Meaty II
04-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Naruto was never alive,

I got three letters to say to that:

QFT!

Charizard Michelle
04-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Kind of sad to hear that Naruto is consider dead on CN. I don't really care much about it but it sad to see that anime on TV is slowly dieing. Naruto is decent when they are not showing their fail of a fillars but I am willing to watch the show still.

And before anybody says that it is better to watch your anime on the internet, I prefer to watch my anime on TV since really it is easier for me since the time for me to watch the anime has already been set and made by the tv station. Also it is less work for me since I don't have to search for the anime myself via YouTUbe and other means. Also when you watch anime on TV you are helping the US anime business and promoting more animes to be liensed by dubbing companies.

Also you do still deal with cliffhangers if you watch your anime online. It is called being caught up with the Japanese TV run and now having to wait till a new episode to be shown and subbed. Currently I am waiting for this week's new ONe Piece and Shugo Chara Doki which both left off on cliffhangers right now.

Obvious statement is obvious.

Naruto fails amongst anime, it's one of the few things that I've seen a lot of American and Japanese anime watchers agree on.

I beg to differ. It has gotten many Americans to be fans of anime and want more of it. SO really it didn't fail. Also as I said before, Naruto as an anime isn't bad. It is the fans of Naruto that are bad.

scubasteveE
04-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Kind of sad to hear that Naruto is consider dead on CN. I don't really care much about it but it sad to see that anime on TV is slowly dieing. Naruto is decent when they are not showing their fail of a fillars but I am willing to watch the show still.

And before anybody says that it is better to watch your anime on the internet, I prefer to watch my anime on TV since really it is easier for me since the time for me to watch the anime has already been set and made by the tv station. Also it is less work for me since I don't have to search for the anime myself via YouTUbe and other means. Also when you watch anime on TV you are helping the US anime business and promoting more animes to be liensed by dubbing companies.

Also you do still deal with cliffhangers if you watch your anime online. It is called being caught up with the Japanese TV run and now having to wait till a new episode to be shown and subbed. Currently I am waiting for this week's new ONe Piece and Shugo Chara Doki which both left off on cliffhangers right now.

I beg to differ. It has gotten many Americans to be fans of anime and want more of it. SO really it didn't fail. Also as I said before, Naruto as an anime isn't bad. It is the fans of Naruto that are bad.
Very true, but it would better if they didn't air it at 2:30 at night :p

:o I'm bad *Goes to find a priest* But seriously, most naruto fans thinks it's the best, which it is not. It has flaws and I don't think it is the best, but it's still is pretty good.

@synester: I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Lord Fedora
04-03-2009, 03:59 AM

@First: Allow me to rephrase: Subs>Dubs unless the dub is done by someone good, like Geneon. Had they used less annoying voice actors and not made Naruto say "Believe it" every other sentence (drove me mad) in said annoying voice I probably would have kept watching Naruto on tv at the same time that I was watching it online back when I actually watched it (before I found stuff that was, you know, better).

@Second: Hence why I said a lot, not all. And I concede that the manga is good, which is the main reason why I think it still lives and breaths. And I also concede that Naruto was my introduction to anime as a genre, as opposed to the Pokemon and Digimon way of looking at it as just a cartoon. It's a decent base point, but then when you get into the good stuff like Black Butler and Shakugan no Shana, that's when Naruto became simply pointless.

Charizard Michelle
04-03-2009, 05:05 AM
Very true, but it would better if they didn't air it at 2:30 at night :p

:o I'm bad *Goes to find a priest* But seriously, most naruto fans thinks it's the best, which it is not. It has flaws and I don't think it is the best, but it's still is pretty good.

@synester: I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

They show what at 2:30? Code Geass? Well I say it is worth it. I just hope AS would treat it better.

Yeah. It is good but not as good as they make it out to be. That was my problem with the show before it was shown on CN.

@First: Allow me to rephrase: Subs>Dubs unless the dub is done by someone good, like Geneon. Had they used less annoying voice actors and not made Naruto say "Believe it" every other sentence (drove me mad) in said annoying voice I probably would have kept watching Naruto on tv at the same time that I was watching it online back when I actually watched it (before I found stuff that was, you know, better).

@Second: Hence why I said a lot, not all. And I concede that the manga is good, which is the main reason why I think it still lives and breaths. And I also concede that Naruto was my introduction to anime as a genre, as opposed to the Pokemon and Digimon way of looking at it as just a cartoon. It's a decent base point, but then when you get into the good stuff like Black Butler and Shakugan no Shana, that's when Naruto became simply pointless.

I won't go into the Sub vs Dub argument there. That is purity a person's opinion and really what makes a dub successful are the fans of the series. A dub could be dubbed by the best people and have the best VAs on the planet but if the fans don't like it or find one thing they don't like then then will condemn it. Still as I said before, the Sub vs Dub argument is just opinion and there is no proof in what is better. I prefer my anime dubbed and I love my One Piece dubbed and subbed. If I liked Naruto enough and had the time then I would watch it subbed since CN had place it on hitus like they did with One Piece a few years back. Still no time so I guess that will maybe go under summer watches.

Still like you said, it got you into anime and things like Naruto, DBZ, Pokemon and Sailor Moon are those hookers. Naruto may not be nothing like DBZ or Sailor Moon as in content but it is a hook and now because of that anime, there are more anime fans.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

SBaby
04-07-2009, 08:40 PM
@First: Allow me to rephrase: Subs>Dubs unless the dub is done by someone good, like Geneon.

It's just they pretty much slaughter everything with an English Dub.

Normally I would agree. But in Naruto's case, I can't complain about the dub. Because any dialogue changes a dubbing company would make to that show could only be an improvement.

You've got a Ninja that acts the exact opposite of what a Ninja is SUPPOSED to act like. Let me repeat that. He acts NOTHING like a Ninja. He wears bright orange clothes and professes to every random kid he meets that he's a ninja. Spamming catch phrases like 'Dattebayo' or 'Believe it', trying to basically be Sonic the Hedgehog of Ninja, and that's what he's trying to be, let's not mince words.

And he's not the only one. Every protagonist outside of maybe two supporting characters are like that. In fact, the villains actually have it right. They use more stealth than any of the cast members uses in their entire stay on the show. Not to mention if a Ninja is sent to kill someone, he isn't going to stand around for an hour listening to a guy's life story. He's going to use that time to set up a good position for the kill strike.

Ninjas were master assassins that prided themselves on being undetectable. They never announced their presence, and they certainly didn't wear bright flambuoyant colors, or care about a random guy's backstory, especially when the guy was going to die in ten seconds anyway from the poison dart they just hit them with.

Yeah, it took a bad dub to do this show in, when you've got games like Ninja Gaiden showing you what Ninjas are SUPPOSED to be like. Dubs can only use what they have to work with. They can't make up lines for plot that isn't there. So shouldn't you be blaming the writers that decided to create a hyperactive kid of a ninja instead of trying to make the dubbing companies out to be the scapegoat? And don't even get me started on Naruto Shippuden Z...

pikachugirl2
04-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Uh they didn't kill it but the last episode I saw was Long Time No See!Jiraiya Returns! That was when he left to train to save Sasuke. That's when Shippuden started, so the original Naruto has had its grand finale. Now we wait to see if they air Shippuden.

Angel_DeArc
05-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Naruto was never alive,

I seriously rofl'd at that. xD

It's dead for sure. So it DBZ. I mean c'mon! they keep on repeating the same series 100 times. Gets boring >_>
And yes, khajmer has given an explanation.

fallen angel
05-14-2009, 10:15 PM
damn dat ******* sucks , cartoon network was da onli network dat showed it too. CN usted to be tight , now its more retarded dan da disney chanel i, mater a fact its like a disney chanel 4 older retarded kids

ShionRasenka
06-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I like Naruto a lot, but the anime's been dead for a LONG time now.... They're likely dubbing more episodes, or maybe they've stopped airing it. Either way, I'm watching it on the internet now, and might buy some of the box sets at Metrocon when I go in a couple of weeks.

And Naruto Shippuden ROCKS!! Naruto has actually gotten somewhat smarter, and wears somewhat darker clothes. From what I've seen in the manga in Shonen Jump, Naruto has gotten wiser, a HELLUVA lot stronger, and learned a lot from Jiraiya and Lord Fukasaku. He's finally starting to take all his lessons to heart to become a great ninja.