PDA

View Full Version : Most Dramatic Change in Evolution

WatchMeBeQuieter
03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Of the options given, which change between evolution is the most bizarre?

There is an "Other" option in the case that you find one not listed as most dramatic.

Elite luxray
03-29-2009, 08:05 PM
where's the poll?

WatchMeBeQuieter
03-29-2009, 08:06 PM
I was making it while you posted :O

Using the browser I'm using, you have to submit the thread before adding the poll.

Operative
03-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Obvious answer is obvious.

Lotad ---> Pikachu

Magikarp ---> Gyarados

Saraibre Ryu
03-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Trapinch to Vibrava, they look nothing alike which is why I could never figure out how to get a Flygon for the longest time.

Operative
03-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Trapinch to Vibrava, they look nothing alike which is why I could never figure out how to get a Flygon for the longest time.

I love using my Pokedex. ;D

Elite luxray
03-29-2009, 08:21 PM
remoraid-octillery.

small fish-giant octopus? WTF?!?!

i always thought they were seperate pokemon. For a while, i thought remoraid evolved into magikarp. :P

Saraibre Ryu
03-29-2009, 08:23 PM
remoraid-octillery.

small fish-giant octopus? WTF?!?!

i always thought they were seperate pokemon. For a while, i thought remoraid evolved into magikarp. :P

Yeah, you have a point there. Any newbie to Pokemon would probably think the same. First time I saw it, I had the first Johto Handbook so I read it previously. I couldn't put it together myself.

Yoda55
03-29-2009, 08:26 PM
I said other. porygon2<porygon-z

Elite luxray
03-29-2009, 08:27 PM
but i wasn't a newbie either. :eek:

Saraibre Ryu
03-29-2009, 08:31 PM

I'm not saying you were, just saying that those new to Pokemon would probably think the same thing you did.

I wouldn't think that Porygon would be that much of a crazy evolution. It's just basically an upgrading polygon. Still, Porygon2 looked really weird. One of those water bird things...

Dragoness
03-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Ouch. That sucks :( at least you got it in the end.

Magikarp > Gyrados. Think about it--a very weak, floppy little fish turns into a 20+ foot sea creature with giant cat whiskers who happens to be a fairly powerful Pokemon and just awesome looking...Bit of a change there.

Elite luxray
03-29-2009, 08:39 PM
yeah, but it's a makeup for the suckness of magikarp.

BTW, i used to think geodude evolved into onix. (but i was a newbie then).

hey...*goes to make thread*

We Taste Pies...
03-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Lol, i never really did think about how ridiculous some of these are.

I was stuck between Remoraid and the Clamperls. Had to go with Remoraid though, where do those tentacles come from!?

Kendo
03-29-2009, 08:53 PM
yeah, but it's a makeup for the suckness of magikarp.

BTW, i used to think geodude evolved into onix. (but i was a newbie then).

hey...*goes to make thread*
I used to think Onix must've evolved to/from something. Not necessarily Geodude, though. Just...something.

Feebas -> Milotic.

Whoops, I voted for Magikarp -> Gyarados. (Is that how it's spelled?) Didn't see Milotic and Feebas, heh heh heh.

I think it's the most dramatic (maybe DRASTIC is the word you were looking for? Maybe not) because an ugly fish turns into a mermaid-fish-thing by eating...how?

Lady Of The Lake
03-29-2009, 09:06 PM
For sure Remoraide to Octilary. But seeing how that WASN'T on there I choose other ^_^

Opps it was up there nvm

Seawolf
03-29-2009, 09:12 PM
The Magikarp evolution is based after a Chinese legend, so it's not all that bizarre.

However, the Feebas evolution makes absolutely no sense at all. There's no explanation as to why an ugly little fish turns into the beautiful Milotic. In my mind, it's always going to be the most dramatic evolution ever.

Elite luxray
03-29-2009, 09:17 PM
chinese legend? cool! what is it?

Seawolf
03-29-2009, 09:24 PM
chinese legend? cool! what is it?

This was the best I could find:

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/chinese-dragon/legend-of-the-carp.html

Another legend says that a carp able to leap over the mythical "Dragon Gate" would become a dragon. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory for the drive and effort needed to overcome obstacles.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-29-2009, 09:28 PM
It will always be the 1' koi fish evolving into the 20' chinese dragon.

Although Feebas - Milotic is pretty close.

This was the best I could find:

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/chinese-dragon/legend-of-the-carp.html

Trivium wrote a song about that legend, called Becoming The Dragon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9sUacL-KpM). It's badass. :cool:

Ajarr
03-29-2009, 09:52 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfb/dpmfb349.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfb/dpmfb350.png
Feebas --> Milotic

How could such an ugly thing evolve into a beautiful fish thing?

Elite luxray
03-30-2009, 02:29 AM
maybe it''s another reference to the chinese legend thing?

Seawolf
03-30-2009, 02:31 AM
maybe it''s another reference to the chinese legend thing?

I think it could be a possible reference to the old Ugly Duckling story.

Uomo
03-30-2009, 02:33 AM
Remoraid looks NOTHING LIKE OCTILLARY idgi.

So that's the oddest imo. :9

Keion
03-30-2009, 03:25 AM
Magikarp > Gyarados

[word] [word]

Lord Fedora
03-30-2009, 03:28 AM
The most worthless fish in the universe becomes a freaking badass Chinese dragon? No. Freaking. Way.

I do, however, concede that Trapinch is probably more bizarre. I distinctly remember catching Trapinch and expecting it to be a non-evolver or becoming so wicked ground-bug, and then it evolved and I'm like "yay, wicked ground-bug!" and then it turned into a freaking dragonfly which turned into a freaking dragon.

Edit: I said freaking four times in this post. Squee!

Graceful_Suicune
03-30-2009, 07:24 AM
Feebas -> Milotic and
Magikarp -> Gyarados.

~Xanthe.

Fire Away
03-30-2009, 07:42 AM
The Magikarp evolution is based after a Chinese legend, so it's not all that bizarre.

However, the Feebas evolution makes absolutely no sense at all. There's no explanation as to why an ugly little fish turns into the beautiful Milotic. In my mind, it's always going to be the most dramatic evolution ever.

You remember a Chinese legend but you can't remember the ugly duckling? :p

EDIT: Nvm I should read the rest of the posts. ;_;

I voted Other. Voltorb to Electrode = blown mind

Splishee
03-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Exeggcute -> Exeggcutor.

Eggs into palm tree.

I rest my case.

Master Aqua
03-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I suppose it's got to be feebas into milotic, now that is the story of the ugly duckling.

Stubby Boardman
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Magikarp to Gyarados...I'd say that is a dramatic change

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
03-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Definitely Feebas to Milotic. For Exeggcute to Exeggutor, Dragonair to Dragonite, Sunkern to Sunflora, trapinch to Vibrava (Trapinch seems like some larva to something) ,Pupitar to Tyranitar, Bagon to Shelgon to Salamence and Combee to Vespiquen, they all seemed like natural growing processes to me. Duskull to Dusclops to Dusknoir doesn't seem strange (it's a ghost!), Snorunt to Glalie definitely won't compare to and Feebas to Milotic, Snorunt to Froslass is just as strange as Kirlia to Gallade, fish to octopus (Remoraid to Octillery) and clam to fish (Clamperl to Huntail/Gorebyss) don't seem as strange as fish to mythical creature (Feebas to Milotic, Magikarp to Gyarados). Finally, I picked Feebas to Milotic over Magikarp to Gyarados because while both rank equally strongly in the looks and strength factor respectively, Milotic's extra edge comes from the fact that there's also some of the strength factor in Feebas to Milotic.

And before you tell me that it isn't all that strange when you need to max out Feeba's beauty to get Milotic to begin with, we're talking about the evolution itself, not the prerequisites.

TeirusuFX
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Too many

I dunno which one to say, but there is a few

Marill -> Azumarill (Mouse -> Rabbit)
Magikarp -> Gyarados (Fish -> Sea Monster)
Feebas -> Milotic (Fish -> Eel?)
Nosepass -> Probopass (Rock with a nose -> Rock with a bigger nose and a moustache?!?)

I vote other for these reasons

♪テイルス♪
♫Teirusu♫

Gold Rush
03-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Feebas ---> Milotic .__.

Ugliest to most beutiful Pokemon with some sweets? lulz

-Zodeon
03-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally was going to go for Magikarp, but then went for Milotic, as Feebas is the only Pokemon evolved in the way it evolves, so chose that one.

atucker22
03-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Magikarp=Gyrados is messed up.