PDA

View Full Version : Story requirements

We Taste Pies...
07-02-2005, 04:56 PM
I think story length requirements are WAY to long.Think for a second,a trainer who can't get a battle set up and can't buy any pokemon.So he tries writing a story BUT CAN'T MAKE ONE LONG ENOUGH!So he completely gives up with a broken spirit. :sad:

EDIT: i am a idiot

.AzureLight
07-02-2005, 06:54 PM
It's pretty easy... :dazed:

Just write more... add more description, and start by catching easy Pokémon like Magikarp and Caterpie!

Dratini
07-02-2005, 07:07 PM
I think story length requirements are WAY to long.Think for a second,a trainer who can't get a battle set up and can't buy any pokemon.So he tries writing a story BUT CAN'T MAKE ONE LONG ENOUGH!So he completely gives up with a broken spirit. :sad:

I used to totally agree with you. Writing long stories can be a pain at first, but trust me, it gets a lot easier with practice. Trust me, at some point it will only take you a couple days to write 1 to 2 complete posts. Also, don't stress if you don't get the Pokemon everytime. You can go back and edit your story and get a regrade later. =)

Also, have you read the How to Write Stories thread? That can really help a lot. It's located here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8445

As Lan said, start out with easy Pokemon you online need to write a post to a post and a half to capture. Don't try for anything that's rated "Medium" or "Hard" in the How to Write Stories thread until you get a lot better.

Once you've written your story, if you want any advice on how to make it better, feel free to PM me, or if you have any other PE2K friends in the URPG, them. I'm not an expert, and I'm not around much now, but any opinion is better than no opinion. :tongue:

We Taste Pies...
07-03-2005, 01:34 AM
I have read the "How to write stories" thing.