PDA

View Full Version : Lastest Banner

-Zodeon
03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Just threw this up, been out the loop a while so was good practise. What do you guys think?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/zodeon/GiratinaSig.png

Tombi
03-30-2009, 09:20 PM
I like it. It looks like Gaussian Blur > Multiply, am I right? I love that effect. <3

The text is also small and neat. Cute. :3

However, when you make a new banner, you should really show them off in The Signature and Avatar Showcase (http://forum.cavernofmew.com/index.php), not make a whole new thread. n _n

-Zodeon
03-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Blur -> Darken. ;)

Thanks for the feedback :). I had it different originally, but I moved the text in line with the other red bits. Looked funky so stuck with it.

I'll use the showcase in future, thanks.

mok55
04-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Tbh, I think it's rather dull. It just looks like you copy/pasted and then blurred it for a background with a slightly transparent render, with some slight signs of a brush on the left. And whats with the big black line on the left?

One last thing, I don't think the text fits the theme of the Sig, try using a different font.

-Zodeon
04-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Tbh, I think it's rather dull. It just looks like you copy/pasted and then blurred it for a background with a slightly transparent render, with some slight signs of a brush on the left. And whats with the big black line on the left?

One last thing, I don't think the text fits the theme of the Sig, try using a different font.

Theres actually alot more too it. But thanks for your comment.

Great White
04-03-2009, 07:14 PM

i'm sorry but.. when your sig SUFFERS from being extremely dull, its hard to take your comment into account.

It is a lot brighter and more colourful than yours. It doesn't matter how much he's done to it it matters how good the outcome is.
the slightly transparent part isnt parrt of the render, HE DID THAT ON PURPOSE.

I think it looks very good.
much better than yours, which i dont mean to be harsh but (well i am..) is very bland, the render seems to be overshadowed by that dreadful pale blue/red combination and the focal point (im guessing samus' face?) barely stands out.

im sorry to be harsh. but it annoys me when people criticise other people's things when they could take a good look at their own.

the tone you used in your post sounded more criticising that constructive criticism too.

-Zodeon
04-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for that Whitey! :biggrin:

It annoys me too when people with little graphical talent really attack my work, but I never have the heart to argue back. It only ends in getting tired of the noobs moaning :neutral:.

Great White
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
no problem i also hate that!

mok55
04-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Just threw this up, been out the loop a while so was good practise. What do you guys think?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/zodeon/GiratinaSig.png

I'm sorry for saying what I think. I'll remember to completely ignore the question asked next time.

fefe31619
04-03-2009, 10:47 PM
i'm sorry but.. when your sig SUFFERS from being extremely dull, its hard to take your comment into account.

It doesn't matter how much he's done to it it matters how good the outcome is.

the slightly transparent part isnt parrt of the render, HE DID THAT ON PURPOSE.

im sorry to be harsh. but it annoys me when people criticise other people's things when they could take a good look at their own.

Thanks for that Whitey! :biggrin:

It annoys me too when people with little graphical talent really attack my work, but I never have the heart to argue back. It only ends in getting tired of the noobs moaning :neutral:.
Constructive critisism is supposed to be about your signature and the persons idea of it. What is worse is taking the crit'ers sig and saying how they may not know what they are talking about. If that were to happen all the time then I would be begging for my Fefe31611 acc on photobucket back so I can retreve my Kingdom Hearts and Arceus Signature along with the other 303 sigs.

Meh, but I agree with mok, the signature is quite dull, I like the darkness effect but other then that it looks just pasted. I think a more...Darker, text font should be used then what you have. Besides, if the transparent part is not supposed to be part of the render. I reccomend him/her telling us in advance to not comment on it. Foreboding was left in Pandoras Box gleefully. So we cannot look into the future, or ehat others are thinking.

I also think you should try more on the background, I think that is the main reason why it is dull.

Now for moks signature:
Although you may have a point about the simpleness, the smoke you see actually makes it a bit more enjoyable, as Aran looks like she is going to stalk a pretador, though Blurring, erasing the gun at 100%, the body at 60-70%, and the background at 40%, can make it pop out.

mok55
04-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Thank you fefe.

And whitey, your tone was HARDLY "constructive". You pretty much just said mine was bad. Please stop acting so hypocritical? Your post looked more like "YES FLAME WAR NOW".