PDA

View Full Version : Starting Small

.AzureLight
07-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Yay... time to catch Caterpie... :oops:
---
Chapter One: Where art thou, 'O Caterpie?
---
It was a dull day. The sun wasn't shining, gray clouds covered the whole sky. Lan was bored to the point where he couldn't even think. He sat on a wooden stool in his house, trying to think of what to do.

"Maybe, I'll go catch some really weak Pokémon," he thought, "Or some strong ones."

So, he left his tree-fort house in Fortree City, and proceeded into the pine forest that Fortree was built into. He walked along a dirt path through the forest.

"I've got it!" shouted Lan, suddenly, "I'll catch a Caterpie!"

Lan always wanted a Caterpie, for some strange reason. I was a small caterpillar Pokémon that evolved into a Psychic-type attack using butterfly, Butterfree. Lan had always been an expert at movesets, but Butterfree's was the hardest to find, because Butterfree could have so many different combinations.

"If I catch one, I'll have an easier time finding movesets for them in my games," he said.

Lan made Pokémon Adventure games for computer as a pass time, and then played them when he was finished making them.

He kept walking along the dirt path, thinking to himself all the things that could happen if he had a Butterfree; there were lots of things that would happen!

As Lan walked, the time sliped away. Before he knew it, he had been walking for a couple of hours.

"Oh man, I'm hungry!" he thought.

He decided, however, that it would be too long to turn around, because he had ventured so deep into the forest.

"I don't like this place," he said to himself, "I think there are ghosts here."

Lan didn't particullary like ghosts, only when they we're his Pokémon battling for him.

He was right too, there were ghosts there. The were Shuppet, Duskull, Gastly and even a few Misdreavus. But the ghost Pokémon seemed to ignore Lan.

"Maybe the weather got to them too," Lan thought.

He just kept walking, for what seemed an eternity. He found a tree that had some berries on it, and since he was hungry, he took a few and ate them.

The berries were thick, juicy and bright red, Cherri Berries they are called.

After eating, Lan felt as ready as ever to go out and catch Pokémon.

"Now, where could I find a Caterpie?" Lan thought to himself.

He didn't have to look far because there were plenty of them around. But he didn't seem interested in any of them. His eyes were fixed on a Shiny glow that seemed to come from behind a bush.

He walked up to the bush and found something to his delight, a Shiny Caterpie.

"Wow, am I ever lucky!" he thought, "Now, to catch it!"
---
2 B Continued!

.AzureLight
07-02-2005, 10:00 PM
---
Chapter Two: Shining Through Dreams
---
Lan stood face to face with the Shiny Caterpie. It was like a dream come true.

"I've always dreamed of catching a Shiny Caterpie," said Lan, "Now, it'll be a dream come true!"

At first, Lan wasn't sure wether to battle it, or just throw a Pokéball at it. Caterpie are already weak enough to catch without battle.

"But, I don't want to lose an opportunity," thought Lan.

He decided to battle it.

"Ace, get out there and do your stuff!" Lan shouted, throwing a Pokéball on the ground.

A Swellow emerged from the Pokéball and took flight near Lan's head.

"Now, Ace, take it out with Wing Attack!" Lan commanded.

Ace obeyed Lan's command and shot out of the air and dove straight at the Caterpie with wings spread wide.

The attack was devastating. The Caterpie fell to the ground, defeated.

"That's it?!?!" shouted Lan, "But the battle needs to be longer... it's just not right, Shiny Pokémon aren't that easy..."

Sadly, the Caterpie never got up from it's fainted position to fight off Ace.

Then, the Caterpie opened it's eyes and stared at Lan.

"Come on Caterpie!" shouted Lan, "I'll give you a free shot!"

The Caterpie didn't waste the situation and charged at Ace. It hit Ace with a Tackle attack. Ace was, however, virtually unharmed.

"Okay, now I think I can do this," Lan said to himself, "Ace, use Peck!"

Ace dove at the Caterpie and pecked it with his beak. This time, the Caterpie fell down and fainted for real.

"Wow," said Lan, "I guess it really is that easy."

Lan was unsure that the Caterpie was ready to be caught.

"Ace, go and use another Peck, just to make sure it's down," Lan said.

Ace pecked the Caterpie again and the Caterpie didn't move one bit.

"Good Ace!" shouted Lan, "Pokéball, go!"

He threw a Pokéball at the Caterpie. The ball sucked the caterpillar inside and started to shake. It shook, shook, and shook again...
----
It's ready to be graded!

The Elite Ygseto
07-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Just call dibs on it, i'll grade it later tonight.

.AzureLight
07-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Hopefully... Lol.

About the battle, it's long enough for a Caterpie, right? Especially, Caterpie vs Swellow... :oops:

The Elite Ygseto
07-04-2005, 04:27 AM
Time to grade the story.

Story- Boy goes to find pokemon, boy finds pokemon, boy battles pokemon. It's kinda boreing. But i like the way you write it.
15/20

Grammar/Spelling/Detail- Grammer & Spelling = Good, Detail = Not enough. You need to dicribe the charaters, forest, and pokemon.
7/20

Realism- A shiney? Okay...
10/20

Battle- I would say it's not long enough, but its a Caterpie! XD
15/20

Legnth- Long Enough for a Caterpie, i did want more information about the ghost forest though.
18/20

Outcome- 65/100 = Caterpie Not Captured! Add some more Detail and more story to it, and you'll have a caterpie. (Don't know why you wouldn't buy it though, it's only 5000, but whatever)

.AzureLight
07-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Darn... my character looks the same as always. Why do I need to descibe him every time? :dazed:
---
Chapter Three: Hide and Seek
---
The ball burst open, revealing a slightly golden Caterpie standing on the ground.

"I don't believe it," screamed Lan.

While Lan was wondering why the Caterpie was not caught, the Caterpie slipped away, through the dark green pine trees, and hid behind a thick bush.

Lan realized the Caterpie was gone.

"Darn it!" he shouted.

He started running, following the slimy trail the Caterpie had left. Ace was flying behind him, ready to attack the Caterpie at first sight.

Lan ran through the thick grass that was wet with dew. He ran past the giant pine tree in the center of the forest. When he did, he realized something.

"I know this place, maybe I wasn't that far after all," he said, in a confused tone.

He kept running, following the trail.

"How does a Caterpie run away this fast?!?" Lan questionned.

He just kept following the path. Then, he came to the thick, dark green bush where the trail stopped. He saw the golden glow of the Caterpie.

"How do I get it out of there?" Lan wondered, "I got it!"

He took a Pokéball from his belt and threw it on the ground. Out came a Spinarak.

"Spinny, use String Shot on that bush, and pull out whatever's in there!" He commanded the spider Pokémon.

Spinny shot out white, silky, sticky string from his mouth and caught grip of the Caterpie. He pulled it out from the bush.

"Good, now Spinny, use Poison Sting!" Lan shouted.

Spinny went close to the Caterpie and bit it. The Caterpie fell and lay on the wet, soggy, forest ground.

"It obviously didn't recover from your battle, Ace," Lan said to his bird Pokémon.

Ace nodded, agreeing with Lan.

"Okay, Spinny, keep it held there with String Shot!" Lan said.

Spinny obeyed and shot out the sticky, silky, white string it stores inside it's body at the Caterpie. The Caterpie was envelloped by the attack and looked like a cacoon.

"Good job Spinny, I'll take it from here!" Lan shouted, "Pokéball, go!"

He threw a red and white orb at the Caterpie and the sphere sucked the Caterpillar inside.

The ball began to shake. It shook once, twice and shook three times.

"Did I get it this time?" Lan wondered.
---
Ready to be re-graded!

JohtoTrainer
07-04-2005, 04:33 PM
*** *******.. my character looks the same as always. Why do I need to descibe him every time? :dazed:
---
Chapter Three: Hide and Seek
---
The ball burst open, revealing a slightly golden Caterpie standing on the ground.

"I don't believe it," screamed Lan.

While Lan was wondering why the Caterpie was not caught, the Caterpie slipped away, through the dark green pine trees, and hid behind a thick bush.

Lan realized the Caterpie was gone.

"Darn it!" he shouted.

He started running, following the slimy trail the Caterpie had left. Ace was flying behind him, ready to attack the Caterpie at first sight.

Lan ran through the thick grass that was wet with dew. He ran past the giant pine tree in the center of the forest. When he did, he realized something.

"I know this place, maybe I wasn't that far after all," he said, in a confused tone.

He kept running, following the trail.

"How does a Caterpie run away this fast?!?" Lan questionned.

He just kept following the path. Then, he came to the thick, dark green bush where the trail stopped. He saw the golden glow of the Caterpie.

"How do I get it out of there?" Lan wondered, "I got it!"

He took a Pokéball from his belt and threw it on the ground. Out came a Spinarak.

"Spinny, use String Shot on that bush, and pull out whatever's in there!" He commanded the spider Pokémon.

Spinny shot out white, silky, sticky string from his mouth and caught grip of the Caterpie. He pulled it out from the bush.

"Good, now Spinny, use Poison Sting!" Lan shouted.

Spinny went close to the Caterpie and bit it. The Caterpie fell and lay on the wet, soggy, forest ground.

"It obviously didn't recover from your battle, Ace," Lan said to his bird Pokémon.

Ace nodded, agreeing with Lan.

"Okay, Spinny, keep it held there with String Shot!" Lan said.

Spinny obeyed and shot out the sticky, silky, white string it stores inside it's body at the Caterpie. The Caterpie was envelloped by the attack and looked like a cacoon.

"Good job Spinny, I'll take it from here!" Lan shouted, "Pokéball, go!"

He threw a red and white orb at the Caterpie and the sphere sucked the Caterpillar inside.

The ball began to shake. It shook once, twice and shook three times.

"Did I get it this time?" Lan wondered.
---
Ready to be re-graded!

Watch the language Lan. If would've just said damnitt, then fine, but you didn't.

The Elite Ygseto
07-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Caterpie Captured! I still want you to put in more detail! And yes in every story you type, you need to discribe your charaters.

.AzureLight
07-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Woot!

Okay, I'll remember that...

*finds his first URPG story and take character description*

Unix
07-20-2005, 08:11 AM
NICE wow wo wo woowow !!!!!