PDA

View Full Version : [Banner of the Week --- Discussion]

Pages : [1] 2

Anastasia-R
04-05-2009, 06:34 PM
[Banner and Sprite of the week --- Discussion]

Discuss here about banner of the week AND Sprite of the week, ideas for the next theme, ect. Banner or Sprite entries go were the "banner of the week" thread is or "Sprite of the week" thread. You can comment on other entries here. If there's a problem, you can post it here, but it has to do with BOTW.

-Zodeon
04-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Good thread, will keep the other one tidy for entries only.

Any thoughts on the next theme for the contest guys?

Mine include:
-Easter
-New York (I'm going there tonight :biggrin:)
-Blue! (Or any other colour for that matter?)

Kayla Ann
04-05-2009, 09:00 PM
i agree with the easter theme :)

but maybe there should be a evolutions banner theme :|
like igglybuff-jigglypuff-wigglytuff
like that =)

fefe31619
04-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Perhaps:
-Easter
-Eggs
-Bugs Bunny

Also. I think may should feature flowers, nature, or best yet....MY BIRTHDAY :biggrin:

Meh, but also it seems people think I'm cheating when I entered the Dark Knight April Fools poster. The true story is that yes, It is a stock sig then a brush signature, but the background is close to nothing. I'm only able to update the Ronald part then the Background. Because of this. I tried to do my best to blur the background and a bit of Ronald to make it pop out a little more, but once again the light background only stopped me from using my Deep Blue Lighten Only trick, it makes it look too blue.

espeonera
04-06-2009, 08:39 AM
I think the contest theme should be Easter, or something that relates to spring. Don't worry Fefe, I can see the difference, and even if I hadn't, I'd be sure you're so much better than just to add a border. Anyway, good luck everyone with BOTW!

Anastasia-R
04-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Is it me, or are lots of the themes lately ... kinda dark. O..o;

That's what I'm thinking. =o

ragnarok0422
04-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Well... lets flip the category for once...

next week the theme should be: "Angelic"... 8D

PapaLuLu27
04-20-2009, 01:11 PM
What related to Easter and Spring? NEW LIFE! Let's have a New Life theme. Like, newborns, flowers in bloom, eggs. ;3

♪~Luis~♫

Anastasia-R
04-20-2009, 01:13 PM
What related to Easter and Spring? NEW LIFE! Let's have a New Life theme. Like, newborns, flowers in bloom, eggs. ;3

♪~Luis~♫

Ah, that sounds like a nice idea. Plus, it's bright! No more dark themes! xD

ragnarok0422
04-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Or we could make pokemon-related themes like sinnoh themes... xD

I can't suggest anything at all... ; ~ ;

Anastasia-R
04-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Or we could make pokemon-related themes like sinnoh themes... xD

I can't suggest anything at all... ; ~ ;

That could be a cool future theme. Now, not really, spring/new-life sounds kinda better. ^..^;;

PapaLuLu27
04-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Thankls, I guess it just fits the current mood goin around xD
Onii-san is right about this week's entries. They're too dark as opposed to nightmare.

♪~Luis~♫

ragnarok0422
04-20-2009, 01:44 PM
They keep telling me that my entry isn't nightmare-ish... ; ~ ;

after spending one and a half hour... *sobs*

PapaLuLu27
04-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Well then maybe you can try improving it. I mean, you don't want to waste all your efforts.

♪~Luis~♫

ragnarok0422
04-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I could but... the banner is just full of stuffs... I can't edit it anymore NOR I can't add anymore stuffs to it... o _ o

PapaLuLu27
04-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Saving it a backup .psd file mighta helped xD It keeps the layers and history, pretty useful.

♪~Luis~♫

ragnarok0422
04-21-2009, 05:27 AM
Everyone is replacing their entry!! =O

I'll replace mine as well... xC

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k369/black_peacemaker/Banners/Darkrai.png

Angela
04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Is it me, or are lots of the themes lately ... kinda dark. O..o;

That's what I'm thinking. =o

Well the first weeks were all bubbly happy, colorful, random and unsuccessful, after I started making a bit darker themes over 10 people entered, so why not use the dark themes since they are successful.

Well... lets flip the category for once...

next week the theme should be: "Angelic"... 8D
OMG I love that theme, we have our next weeks theme: Angelic.
Unless someone make a better suggestion.

Kayla Ann
04-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Unless someone make a better suggestion.

well maybe we culd have an ice theme week.

PapaLuLu27
04-22-2009, 12:00 AM

♪~Luis~♫

How's this 8D xD Ana seemed to like it, and someone was asking for something related to Spring/Easter theme-ish thing :P

♪~Luis~♫

ragnarok0422
04-25-2009, 01:58 AM
When does the voting for the banner of the week start?

The deadline was 2 days ago... =O

Anastasia-R
04-28-2009, 02:29 AM
When does the voting for the banner of the week start?

The deadline was 2 days ago... =O

Hmm, are you suggesting we need a new host for the BOTW?
Well, that's what it looks like to me, since someone isn't keeping up with BOTW.

Ahlat
04-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Well, that's what it looks like to me, since someone isn't keeping up with BOTW.
=P I bet you wanted an excuse to say that. xD
@Luis
Anyways I don't really see how new life fits spring. It fits easter but so are we gonna have a lot of themes over christain holidays? Really i don't think we should do holiday related themes. =\ Not everyone isn't christain you know. Maybe like a flower theme for spring not easter. I hate the fact how people put easter and spring together. They're diffrent things. =\

PapaLuLu27
04-28-2009, 11:29 AM
=P I bet you wanted an excuse to say that. xD
@Luis
Anyways I don't really see how new life fits spring. It fits easter but so are we gonna have a lot of themes over christain holidays? Really i don't think we should do holiday related themes. =\ Not everyone isn't christain you know. Maybe like a flower theme for spring not easter. I hate the fact how people put easter and spring together. They're diffrent things. =\

I'm not Christian. And New life fits Spring since that's when all the flora bloom :3

♪~Luis~♫

Angela
04-30-2009, 10:25 PM

For Christs sake, I get overruned with school work and you want to replace me, well I'm getting up this weeks theme.

Anastasia-R
04-30-2009, 10:50 PM
For Christs sake, I get overruned with school work and you want to replace me, well I'm getting up this weeks theme.

Well, sorry. =\ Calm down.
It was just a suggestion.

@PapaLuLu27
I like your idea. New life sounds nice for a theme in this time.

Angela
04-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Well, sorry. =\ Calm down.
It was just a suggestion.

@PapaLuLu27
I like your idea. New life sounds nice for a theme in this time.

Actually I'm going with a suggestion someone made last week, sorry I didn't mean to come of so bitter, it was the last day of teaching for me so I'm still very stressed about school, seeing the finals are next week, anyway. :happy:

Well here is how I'm planning the themes, and I want to thank you for your suggestions. :)

Angelic
Spring Theme
Ice Theme

ragnarok0422
05-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Ah, so you have a hard time in your job as well... sorry. ^_^;

But, as much as possible, try to be as active as you can get. The Banner of the Week voting still isn't on, I'm pretty sure many peeps are waiting for that thread to be started... ^_^;

Angela
05-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Ah, so you have a hard time in your job as well... sorry. ^_^;

But, as much as possible, try to be as active as you can get. The Banner of the Week voting still isn't on, I'm pretty sure many peeps are waiting for that thread to be started... ^_^;

I work in a Kindergarten so I'm not really stressed there, tho I am stressed for the exams that are next week, after I take those I'm on a summer vacation from school and will have more time then I've had these past weeks, tho I don't get a vacation from work until June. :susp:

ragnarok0422
05-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Is it me or you forgot the voting thread for banner of the week 15?

Sight of the Stars
05-02-2009, 03:12 PM
I think a cool theme wouild be Light or something involving Memorial Day, which is approaching fast.

Angela
05-03-2009, 01:09 AM
I think a cool theme wouild be Light or something involving Memorial Day, which is approaching fast.
What is memorial day?

Ana just a reminder to update the stickies. ;)

Kayla Ann
05-03-2009, 12:42 PM
What is memorial day?

Ana just a reminder to update the stickies. ;)

well i am not so sure but..
how about an EARTH theme?

Light_Sky
05-03-2009, 01:32 PM
We should have a City Style Banner of the Week.

Sight of the Stars
05-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Aye, aye, aye! You don't know what Memorial Day is?! It's a holiday for Christ's sake!

-sigh-

Memorial Day is a holiday in emoiry of soldiers who have fought for our country-whether they died doing it or are still living (or have passed). It's next week on Monday.

Babii Pikachu
05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
You should have an evolution theme. Like umm... Pichu >> Pikachu or something :x

Angela
05-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Is it me or you forgot the voting thread for banner of the week 15?

It's just you, I always tend to all the threads on the same day.

Aka I update who won when I make a new contest.

Professor Geoffrey
05-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Aye, aye, aye! You don't know what Memorial Day is?! It's a holiday for Christ's sake!

-sigh-

Memorial Day is a holiday in emoiry of soldiers who have fought for our country-whether they died doing it or are still living (or have passed). It's next week on Monday.

Um, no. It's on May 25th, actually. It's awesome to have my birthday on a moving holiday! So this year, we celebrate May 25th threefold; my birthday, my grandparent's anniversary (they married on the EXACT day I was born), and Memorial Day itself, and we have a few people in our family who have fought in the war - some passed, some still alive.

A good ol' US of A theme would be awesome, although not everyone on PE2K is from America. Or maybe a "Summer's approaching" kind of theme.

Kayla Ann
05-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I think we should do a battle of the bands week!

F.D.
05-14-2009, 10:40 AM
I think we should do a battle of the bands week!

Like a music theme?

Heck, that would be cool.

~ Nick .

Anastasia-R
05-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Like a music theme?

~ Nick .

I agree. =]
♪♫♪
A music theme would be awesome. =D

Angela
05-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Like a music theme?

~ Nick .

Fine, you can have your music theme.....

Now judges my banner.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2zjeyki.gif%5B/IMG%5D

Anastasia-R
05-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Fine, you can have your music theme.....

Now judges my banner.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2zjeyki.gif%5B/IMG%5D

It's huge. D=
It's kinda plain, add something to it.
Well, the text is okay, but it stands out a bit in a bad way. Make it flow with the banner. =]

Broderick
05-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I think it would be cool to have a Supernatural theme.
It doesn't have to be ghosts, it could be anything supernatural. *Monsters, or any kind of fictional creature for that matter*
And the banner's okay Angela. You should add more of an ocean theme to the background, like my Omanyte banner I have in my sig right now. You should have less white. Too much white makes it look transparent.

Angela
05-22-2009, 06:42 PM
It's huge. D=
It's kinda plain, add something to it.
Well, the text is okay, but it stands out a bit in a bad way. Make it flow with the banner. =]

I'll try to changes the text. :happy:

I think it would be cool to have a Supernatural theme.
It doesn't have to be ghosts, it could be anything supernatural. *Monsters, or any kind of fictional creature for that matter*
And the banner's okay Angela. You should add more of an ocean theme to the background, like my Omanyte banner I have in my sig right now. You should have less white. Too much white makes it look transparent.

Yeah the reasons it's so transparent is because it's a banner for a vb forum and I have another images behind it that is ocean blue, so that's the reason it's so transparent. :)

Sight of the Stars
05-23-2009, 01:13 PM
What about the theme 'Anime?'

Quagsire
05-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I hate anime... Basically everything on forums has anime everywhere. And then every entry would be littered of the pokemon anime.

Hmmmm i suggest, animals. :P

Angela
05-23-2009, 11:08 PM

Maybe next week? And animal the week after that. :)

Sight of the Stars
05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Maybe next week? And animal the week after that. :)

Animal? So AWESOME! You're a genius, Quagsire!

And I already have a banner for Anime. ;D

Angela
05-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Animal? So AWESOME! You're a genius, Quagsire!

And I already have a banner for Anime. ;D

It's in the rules no pre-made banners. O.O

Tho the banner you speak of is awesome. :D

Broderick
05-28-2009, 05:37 PM
I think that maybe a Beach theme would be cool for summer. o:

Angela
05-29-2009, 12:57 AM
I think that maybe a Beach theme would be cool for summer. o:

That can be arranged. :D

I like that idea. :happy:

Sight of the Stars
05-29-2009, 01:02 AM
It's in the rules no pre-made banners. O.O

Tho the banner you speak of is awesome. :D

Really? That sucks. What will I do now? It's too awesome not to enter. D:

Kayla Ann
05-29-2009, 09:58 AM
i think for next weeks we should have a summer party... to celebrate #20 and for summer!

Angela
05-29-2009, 01:15 PM
i think for next weeks we should have a summer party... to celebrate #20 and for summer!

That sounds like an idea......

I'm confused now....

I'll go set up the voting thread update the museum, then I'll make a decision on this....
Please leave some feedback....

TayyabX
05-30-2009, 05:56 PM
An abstract theme would be cool for #21. <3

avinash
06-03-2009, 02:09 AM
I think "Video Games" would be an amazing theme. It would be so cool to see what non-pokemon banners people can come up with. It would be my specialty. Maybe week 21 or 22?

Light_Sky
06-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Angela that banner of the week thread 21 made no sense at all. No offense.

I don't even get it. Is it a Rukia theme or something?

Anastasia-R
06-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Angela that banner of the week thread 21 made no sense at all. No offense.

I don't even get it. Is it a Rukia theme or something?

I think she means we need to use the stock image she gave us to enter the SOTW this time.

Light_Sky
06-06-2009, 01:34 AM
I think she means we need to use the stock image she gave us to enter the SOTW this time.
Oh alright then. Fair enough.

Quagsire
06-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Could we have a Mario theme then the Animal theme tha ti suggested awhile ago.

Angela
06-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Could we have a Mario theme then the Animal theme tha ti suggested awhile ago.

Over my dead body.... Mario.....:eek:

I was planning on when to use the animal one, it will be used after the anime one..:happy:

iReign
06-07-2009, 02:34 AM
Mario ftw mmkay?

I say we should have a certain color scheme'd style. Like grayscale or red, etc.

Angela
06-07-2009, 02:45 AM
Mario ftw mmkay?

I say we should have a certain color scheme'd style. Like grayscale or red, etc.

No Luigi FTW!

Tell me more....

I like the idea so far, can you give a more detailed description....
If you have any Stocks you adore then you can post them here.... But if I use them it depends on the success of this weeks experiment... :biggrin:

Ana do you mind doing the stickies?

TayyabX
06-13-2009, 03:28 PM
I think the anime theme is just plain stupid. Anime isn't just stuff like manga's made in Japan, it's basically anything that's animated. Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, and etc. they are anime's but Spongebob is an anime, and so is Bugs Bunny because Anime is basically animation. Anime just tends to be Japanese shows and manga's only because they have the most, and that's where it originated from.

Anyways, I still suggest an Abstract theme or maybe a Stock Image theme, that gives us any stock to choose from, and not one we have to choose. :|

Scourge of Amaranth
06-13-2009, 03:43 PM
I think the anime theme is just plain stupid. Anime isn't just stuff like manga's made in Japan, it's basically anything that's animated. Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, and etc. they are anime's but Spongebob is an anime, and so is Bugs Bunny because Anime is basically animation. Anime just tends to be Japanese shows and manga's only because they have the most, and that's where it originated from.

As an artist, I have to cyber-pseudo-yell at you. Actually, American animation is, in all technicality, cartoon animation. Anime is considered by both the Japanese world and the artist world to be a style of art-animation that is Japanese. Said style is often replicated by American artists, but most Japanese anime artists don't actually accept that as anime, if you do a bit of research. That's an entirely different issue that's dependent upon cultural identity and whatnot.

Shows such as Spongebob possess neither the themes nor the art style that qualifies an animated piece of work as anime, or even pseudo-anime. Anime is a style of art, a subgrouping of animation, not a term that means all animation. This style isn't just chunky hair, huge watery eyes, and stereotypically gorgeous characters--it involves specific shot angles and drawing technique, too.

Dictionary.com will agree with me on the less complex concept of the term.

anime: a Japanese style of motion-picture animation, characterized by highly stylized, colorful art, futuristic settings, violence, and sexuality.

Angela
06-14-2009, 01:41 AM

Anyways, I still suggest an Abstract theme or maybe a Stock Image theme, that gives us any stock to choose from, and not one we have to choose. :|

If I'm setting a stock theme then I much rather want to have one then a couple.

But anyway your idea of having stock's to choose from will be taken into consideration...

And you know the Theme was suggested from White Wolf of the Snow and yet you go ahead and insult her suggestion by calling it stupid... I think you could have made your point in some other way that doesn't insult it, I mean she made an suggestion her suggestion got used....
I want people to make suggestions but if this is the feedback they are gonna get then they might get scared away.

So I'm gonna ask Ana or the art mod's to add an official/un official rule that forbids you guys from insulting idea's other people make in here. If that cant be done then I guess I'll have to go back to making all the themes by my self, I don't want other's to get their feelings hurt.

EDIT:

I love the idea of an abstract theme.

Kayla Ann
06-23-2009, 08:53 PM
hows about next week we do a forgiveness theme? huh?

Angela
06-23-2009, 08:59 PM
hows about next week we do a forgiveness theme? huh?

That sounds okay, but we need something spicy like, Just Dance, or All I wanna do is Dance or just a Dance theme.....

We still have the animal theme left, how do you guy's like that...

Kayla do you have any more ideas?

Do you wanna try to find some stock images so we can have a set stock theme?

Kayla Ann
06-23-2009, 09:11 PM
That sounds okay, but we need something spicy like, Just Dance, or All I wanna do is Dance or just a Dance theme.....

we should have a stock theme, not a set stock , juat a stock banner!
or a MOVIE THEME!

Eeveedude
06-23-2009, 09:14 PM

I dunno about the animal theme...

we should have a stock theme, not a set stock , juat a stock banner!
or a MOVIE THEME!

I second the movie theme!

~I'll suggest more when I think of them.

Kayla Ann
06-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I dunno about the animal theme...

I second the movie theme!

~I'll suggest more when I think of them.

YAY! people can pick a movie, like twilight or titanic or rocky and amke a banner!

Anastasia-R
06-24-2009, 02:07 PM
YAY! people can pick a movie, like twilight or titanic or rocky and amke a banner!

I'd totally go with a movie theme. =]

XIII
06-24-2009, 02:10 PM

I quadrupleth movie theme.

Sight of the Stars
06-24-2009, 02:27 PM

Lemme guess... Twilight? xD

I'd do... -clamps hands over mouth- Like I'm telling YOU guys. xD

Tombi
06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Movie theme sounds good. Maybe one week we can do a banner according to our favourite music genre. :D

Angela
06-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Looks like next weeks theme will be a movie theme. :biggrin:

Vaughn
06-24-2009, 04:07 PM
You can't use spoiler tags in PE2k, ;_;

Kayla Ann
06-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Looks like next weeks theme will be a movie theme. :biggrin:

YAAA ANOTHER theme STARTER!

Angela
06-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Ok, the poll is up, the museum is updated and next weeks contest is up.....

Yes, nothing like an hard days work...

Was gonna enter the betrayal theme, but I had to work more, seeing I got to leave early yesterday and one woman that works with me is sick....

Thank god it's Friday. :biggrin:

Anastasia-R
06-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I might try this week (movie theme), but, you know, people are kinda disliking my graphics now and then.

And I might pick a movie people might not like. x..x;

Kayla Ann
06-26-2009, 10:32 PM
I might try this week (movie theme), but, you know, people are kinda disliking my graphics now and then.

What movie are you doing? ( i already finished my entry, it is on the thread)

Anastasia-R
06-26-2009, 10:33 PM
What movie are you doing? ( i already finished my entry, it is on the thread)
And tell everyone else? XD
I have two picks, that's all I'll say.

Kayla Ann
06-26-2009, 10:36 PM
And tell everyone else? XD
I have two picks, that's all I'll say.

ohh right, forgot about that sorry.

( this is random, but why did you change your sig? i liked the other one better!)

Angela
06-26-2009, 10:39 PM

I've seen that banner in your sig before, it's kinda old isn't it?

What do you mean Ana, your style has colours, what more do people want?

I'm thinking about what movie to use..... Maybe Sex and the City.... Guess I'm supercalifragisexy.... :crackup:

Kayla Ann
06-26-2009, 10:43 PM

I'm thinking about what move to use..... Maybe Sex and the City.... Guess I'm supercalifragisexy.... :crackup:

hahahaha supercalifragisexy, that is the best word there is xD

Limelight
06-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Please do Michael Jackson, please :) It should be in his honor.

Anastasia-R
06-26-2009, 10:47 PM

I'm thinking about what move to use..... Maybe Sex and the City.... Guess I'm supercalifragisexy.... :crackup:

No, this is a more improved theme of the old one. And, I dunno, I guess I'm just a little off today. ^..^

And, hahah, nice theme. XD

Angela
06-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Please do Michael Jackson, please :) It should be in his honor.
That's a idea. :happy:

No, this is a more improved theme of the old one. And, I dunno, I guess I'm just a little off today. ^..^

And, hahah, nice theme. XD
Thank you, I see... Is the grass poke your favorite one, not celebii the other one??

hahahaha supercalifragisexy, that is the best word there is xD

Lol, I know xD

Tombi
06-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Crap entry this week, folks, but hey. I'm lazy.

TayyabX
06-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Abstract, or Technology after this weeks Movie theme.

Kayla Ann
06-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Abstract, or Technology after this weeks Movie theme.

I say we go with Tombi's idea of "Music Genres" theme!

Angela
06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
I say we go with Tombi's idea of "Music Genres" theme!

Yes Music Genre does sound interesting.....

Tayya maybe after that.

Kayla Ann
06-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Yes Music Genre does sound interesting.....

Tayya maybe after that.

WOAH!

another one!

Angela
06-30-2009, 01:28 PM
WOAH!

another one!

Lol, I believe that was Tombi's suggestion. :biggrin::wink:

Kayla Ann
06-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Lol, I believe that was Tombi's suggestion. :biggrin::wink:

I know but 2 in a row for me and tombi together!

iReign
06-30-2009, 03:14 PM
After abstract and technology, we really need to do sprite tags.

Anastasia-R
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes, yes, yes. We have to do all those three. <3

TayyabX
06-30-2009, 04:12 PM

ohmyjeebus. I forgot about sprite tags. ;_;
We do sprite first, then abstract, then technology.
kthxbai

Tombi
06-30-2009, 04:16 PM
If only we can use premade banners. I'd so enter the banner I made for PainKiller. <3

Angela
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
If only we can use premade banners. I'd so enter the banner I made for PainKiller. <3
Well, unfortunately we only allow banners specially made for banner of the week. :)

Yes, yes, yes. We have to do all those three. <3

Lol "Yes, Yes, Yes."

Technology sounds good, who suggested it?

Tombi
06-30-2009, 04:54 PM
I also put in the suggestion of a comic book theme.

Dynamik
06-30-2009, 07:26 PM
How about all of them at once? [x
You need to make a tag that has to deal with abstract, technology AND sprites. EH EH?
Hahah.

Tombi
07-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I still think music genre is a good theme. I know Ana overruled it a few days back but it's not the same as music. With music genre you can't just use a sig with a guitar or a few music notes, or someone singing. It has to be comparable to a genre. For example, if you choose to do pop, it's need to look and feel poppy. There are so many subgenres the possibilites are endless.

What could I do for metal? Black metal, death metal, doom metal, thrash metal, folk metal, groove metal...

*wanders off*

Anastasia-R
07-17-2009, 07:32 PM
I still think music genre is a good theme. I know Ana overruled it a few days back but it's not the same as music. With music genre you can't just use a sig with a guitar or a few music notes, or someone singing. It has to be comparable to a genre. For example, if you choose to do pop, it's need to look and feel poppy. There are so many subgenres the possibilites are endless.

What could I do for metal? Black metal, death metal, doom metal, thrash metal, folk metal, groove metal...

*wanders off*

Music genres still falls under music.
You could have done a banner with some kind of music genre to it when it was "Music theme" week. =o

Tombi
07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Yes, but it wasn't a specific challenge to do so.

miyoun
07-17-2009, 08:01 PM
have you guys done a vector theme?

if not i suggest that.

i love vector banners.

Willow
07-21-2009, 05:00 PM
what is a vector banner? and I think I will enter the next banner contest? When do we think it will be(sorry if this is an annoying noobish question).

Also is there a list of the contests already done. so I can see what has been done and possibly also make a suggestion.

Kayla Ann
07-21-2009, 05:03 PM
We Should do a Sprite banner theme XD

Willow
07-21-2009, 05:19 PM
How bout a sunny theme, or a summer theme I see there hasn't been one of those. Or a still-life theme. like bring to life a frozen picture.

Focal
07-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Do a family theme! =D

Dragoness
07-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Do a family theme! =D
Hmm, that'd be interesting. "Mister and Mrs. Pikachu with their lovely son, Pika'Lu"

Btw, who is going to host the 27th BOTW? Ana?

Anastasia-R
07-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Btw, who is going to host the 27th BOTW? Ana?
Sure. And if Angela is back, then she's the host again.

Professor Geoffrey
07-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Sure. And if Angela is back, then she's the host again.

Sprite banner, sprite banner! I'm actually reasonably good at those!

miyoun
07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
but vector banners are win <3

TayyabX
07-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Angela was going to do a sprite banner theme after the music genre, but it got replaced by comic book. :[

Sprite then Vector.

Tombi
07-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Sprite banner idea is good. I only ever did one before.

Kayla Ann
07-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Sprite banner idea is good. I only ever did one before.

XD Yay another theme.

So Ana is going to do it?

Tombi
07-22-2009, 02:53 PM
I'll get it up if Ana can't. o.O

iReign
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
How about a sprite-vector BotW?? Eh? EH?

Anastasia-R
07-22-2009, 03:02 PM
XD Yay another theme.

So Ana is going to do it?

Yeah, we're going with a Sprite theme. Should this BOTW be posted after the voting of the BOTW no.26 or shall I post it some time today?

Tombi
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I think Angela posts it when the voting goes up from the previous one. :3

Anastasia-R
07-22-2009, 03:12 PM
I think Angela posts it when the voting goes up from the previous one. :3

Okay then.
Today, I'll get the theme up, because right now, gotta walk and leave the house. x..x (room is getting bombed for bed bugs ... again)

Dragoness
07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Okay then.
Today, I'll get the theme up, because right now, gotta walk and leave the house. x..x (room is getting bombed for bed bugs ... again)
Ouch :( Those suck. I have been in a house that had to be bombed for fleas once o.O I feel bad for you...

EDIT: the sprite doesn't have to be a Pokemon sprite, does it?

Tombi
07-23-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't believe so. o.o I mean, the theme is Sprite, not Pokemon Sprite.

Anastasia-R
07-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Ouch :( Those suck. I have been in a house that had to be bombed for fleas once o.O I feel bad for you...

EDIT: the sprite doesn't have to be a Pokemon sprite, does it?

No, it doesn't. It just needs to have a sprite. Non-Pokemon or Pokemon. Your pick. ;o

Dragoness
07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
No, it doesn't. It just needs to have a sprite. Non-Pokemon or Pokemon. Your pick. ;o
One last question--does it have to be all sprites? Or can u mix a good render in w/the Sprite?

Anastasia-R
07-23-2009, 08:26 PM
One last question--does it have to be all sprites? Or can u mix a good render in w/the Sprite?

Hmmm, You can add a render, but it has to have a sprite in it.

Dragoness
07-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Sweet..tyvm :)

Tombi
07-23-2009, 08:42 PM

I suppose it's really up to the voters, though. xD Some people will probably accept the rneder, when others will most likely be all like 'OMG BUT IT'S A SPRITE THEME SO YOU GET NO VOTES'

Angela
07-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Hey guys I'm back, sorry my vacation was a bit longer then I thought, on the positive side, I got to have a blast with my friends, and meet of with the people I care about, my grandma owns a summer cabin, went there last Friday after being in the other one with my friends since Monday.:D

I'm all tanned now! :D

Kayla Ann
07-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey guys I'm back, sorry my vacation was a bit longer then I thought, on the positive side, I got to have a blast with my friends, and meet of with the people I care about, my grandma owns a summer cabin, went there last Friday after being in the other one with my friends since Monday.:D

I'm all tanned now! :D

Glad to see you had a good time XD.

This week theme is sprite btw.

Anastasia-R
07-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Okay, after BOTW no.27 voting thread, Angela will take over from there.

Darn, I really liked being host of BOTW. XDD

Dragoness
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Okay, after BOTW no.27 voting thread, Angela will take over from there.

Darn, I really liked being host of BOTW. XDD
Aww...poor Ana
--
Question, is the deadline for BOTW 27 changed?

Anastasia-R
07-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Aww...poor Ana
--
Question, is the deadline for BOTW 27 changed?

No, I'm pretty sure it's not. Angela posted too early. =\

Dragoness
07-27-2009, 05:23 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it's not. Angela posted too early. =\

In that case, I won't vote until tomorrow, after everyone has had a chance to edit/add to their banners. Then I'll vote in the new thread that'll be made (or old thread if all you do is edit the first post) :) Ty for answering...

Angela
07-27-2009, 06:43 PM
I haven't pm'ed a Jack yet, so feel free to edit, just make sure to let me or Ana know.... Any ideas for this weeks theme?

miyoun
07-27-2009, 07:19 PM
I haven't pm'ed a Jack yet, so feel free to edit, just make sure to let me or Ana know.... Any ideas for this weeks theme?

I keep suggesting Vector.

Dragoness
07-31-2009, 04:09 AM
I have a suggestion!

Popart/"Vintage" banners.

I was making one earlier using this tutorial (http://sglider12.blogspot.com/2008/08/create-worn-vintage-pop-art-design.html) and I gotta say, they are a A LOT of fun! :D

miyoun
07-31-2009, 12:20 PM
Vector vector vector vector.

also liking the vintage tutorial. ;o

Anastasia-R
08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
We should try, Vector theme, then a Vintage theme. Seems kidna cool. =]

Angela
08-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Okay, but what is vector???

Sorry for me being late on the contests, I'm downloading bride wars and my computer is very slow..... So I've been using my PSP.. :)

Anyway I'll put up this weeks contest.... Ana can you explain vector to me?

Anastasia-R
08-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Okay, but what is vector???

Sorry for me being late on the contests, I'm downloading bride wars and my computer is very slow..... So I've been using my PSP.. :)

Anyway I'll put up this weeks contest.... Ana can you explain vector to me?
Try here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics)
I try to get a link to help a little.

Angela
08-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Try here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics)
I try to get a link to help a little.

I think I understand...

I'll now go and set up the contest. :biggrin:

Thank you Ana. :D

Oxygen
08-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Maybe after the vintage theme we could have an animation theme, where your banners just have to be animated?

Gem N Ems
08-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe after the vintage theme we could have an animation theme, where your banners just have to be animated?

How about a single aspect of animation?

Some people might not know how to animate too well, but then I guess they wouldn't enter. ^^'

I like the theme of Sorrow. It's odd, yeah, I know. xD But I was thinking of having to create a banner that best represents 'sorrow'.

One of my favourites is actually the seven sins. ^^

Dragoness
08-07-2009, 03:15 PM
That sounds like an awesome idea :) I might even be able to enter the vintage one (which I love) 'cause I will be getting to my computer/internet back at that time.

TayyabX
08-07-2009, 08:17 PM
A condom simplicity theme. Make something plain and simple.

miyoun
08-11-2009, 02:13 PM

I like that idea.

Sight of the Stars
08-12-2009, 11:17 PM
We've come a long way from Week Nine, At Wold's End, which was my first competition, I believe~

Anyways, soemthing like that/Armaggedon would be kewl.

Lusankya
08-13-2009, 01:18 AM
We've come a long way from Week Nine, At Wold's End, which was my first competition, I believe~

Anyways, soemthing like that/Armaggedon would be kewl.

How about a Fire theme? ^-^

Angela
08-13-2009, 01:32 AM
How about a Fire theme? ^-^

That make sense, I mean there ones was a Aqua theme...

Sight of the Stars
08-13-2009, 03:07 AM
I THOUGHT OF A BETTER THEME WHILE WATCHING TV!

Lol it's:

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

That commercial's all over, it would be a humorous change for the themes.

Lady Of The Lake
08-13-2009, 03:08 AM

Lol it's:

Ohh My lorf THATS AMAZING! I praise that Idea!

But anyway I liek the idea.

Lusankya
08-13-2009, 03:09 AM

Lol it's:

That would be kind of difficult O.o

Sight of the Stars
08-13-2009, 03:11 AM
Not really, no. Not difficult at all unless you're just so unimaginative you wouldn't believe... xD

I have the funnest idea ever, fwee~

Angela
08-13-2009, 12:59 PM

Lol it's:

That one does sound good

I got this PM about two weeks ago...:

I know this is REALLY unlikely, but I have an idea for BOTW #30: Touhou Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. If you don't know Touhou, I'm going to provide ya a helpful wiki all about the concept.

Link: http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet_Weather_Rhapsody:_Characters

And I got to say I really like the idea.. I mean people can use the renders that are in the thread given....

Also... I think a Bleach theme would be amazing.. :)

miyoun
08-13-2009, 02:56 PM
But wasn't their an Anime theme?

It'd be so weird to use seperate Anime/Manga after said theme.

Angela
08-13-2009, 03:22 PM
But wasn't their an Anime theme?

It'd be so weird to use seperate Anime/Manga after said theme.

Ok..

Anyway.. I just liked the renders in that linked.. :D

Sight of the Stars
08-17-2009, 10:57 PM
I still like my idea. Armaggedon/What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

xD

shadowpichu
08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
my suggestion is classics
you can you choose a classic movie from here: studio ghibli (http://www.onlineghibli.com/films.php)
as some of you know studio ghibli have made fantastic japanese classics such as: my neighbour totoro, princess monoke, spirited away and alot more.
so i think this is a great idea

miyoun
08-18-2009, 01:39 PM
If there was an Anime theme, it's pointless to do anything related to Anime.

BAWBAWBAW

THIS POST WILL GET IGNORED I KNOW IT.

Lusankya
08-18-2009, 01:59 PM
I still like my idea. Armaggedon/What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

xD

I would definitely do Armaggedon. We could even tie the two together. What Armageddon would you unleash for a Klondike bar?

Angela
08-18-2009, 02:59 PM
If there was an Anime theme, it's pointless to do anything related to Anime.

BAWBAWBAW

THIS POST WILL GET IGNORED I KNOW IT.

For future references, this post will be ignored... Seeing I intend on having a anime related theme's later on, maybe a set render, set manga or episode.. But this week we are going with Armageddon...

shadowpichu
08-18-2009, 05:42 PM
wow armageddun
thats sounds coool
might as well start practising when i get home
by armageedun do you mean end of world or like massive war

miyoun
08-18-2009, 07:08 PM
The theme was Vector..

1st
Tombi
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss349/Tombi/Vector.png

2nd
Deadsmite
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/DSFGfx/Tags-Sigs/vectorlineartryudf.png?t=1249842807

3rd
IReign
http://i25.tinypic.com/2ih2ohy.jpg

You made a mistake, Angela.

View Poll Results: Banner of the Week?
This poll will close on 08-16-2009 at 04:27 AM
Tombi
Angela, Broderick, CandleJack, Finch, iReign, Jacob, Lunar Latias, Operative, Oxygen, shadowpichu
10 41.67%
Shadowpichu 0 0%
Tobiume
Alana Marie, Dynamik, Hihi, Onii-San, Tombi
5 20.83%
Deadsmite
Anastasia-R, Dragoness
2 8.33%
Lady of The Lake 0 0%
Angela 0 0%
iReign
Calypso, Jose, Just Leo, Tobiume
4 16.67%
Onii-San 0 0%
Just Leo
-Pichu Boy-, Eeveedude, Kayla Ann
3 12.50%

TayyabX
08-19-2009, 07:10 PM

I like that idea.

^ = best reply since the 7th page.

For future references, this post will be ignored... Seeing I intend on having a anime related theme's later on, maybe a set render, set manga or episode.. But this week we are going with Armageddon...

It would be repetitive and annoying. Many of the other themes use anime renders already, just look at the vector theme. Anyways, set renders are also a bad idea imo.

Angela
08-19-2009, 09:30 PM
You made a mistake, Angela.

View Poll Results: Banner of the Week?
This poll will close on 08-16-2009 at 04:27 AM
Tombi
Angela, Broderick, CandleJack, Finch, iReign, Jacob, Lunar Latias, Operative, Oxygen, shadowpichu
10 41.67%
Shadowpichu 0 0%
Tobiume
Alana Marie, Dynamik, Hihi, Onii-San, Tombi
5 20.83%
Deadsmite
Anastasia-R, Dragoness
2 8.33%
Lady of The Lake 0 0%
Angela 0 0%
iReign
Calypso, Jose, Just Leo, Tobiume
4 16.67%
Onii-San 0 0%
Just Leo
-Pichu Boy-, Eeveedude, Kayla Ann
3 12.50%

OMG... I am so sorry... Wow how on earth could that happen.. I read the line above or the line belove.. That's really odd...

Anyway it's fixed... :) And congrats on the 2nd place.. :D

^ = best reply since the 7th page.

It would be repetitive and annoying. Many of the other themes use anime renders already, just look at the vector theme. Anyways, set renders are also a bad idea imo.

Condom.. Can you explain a bit?

How does condom fit into simple?

Well since it's such a bad idea why on earth did so many people enter it last time? Face it we're gonna have an set stock or an set render before week 40......

Tombi
08-21-2009, 02:51 PM
I think a theme for a set colour would be good. Like, occasionally have a week for a colour such as red or yellow or green or blue... then make it more complicated like cream or teal or lavender. Ionno.

*wanders away*

Grsspkmnmaster
08-24-2009, 03:37 AM
Maybe something to do with only one type of pokemon?

Like only flying types? (only rock types, only fighting types, etc.)

Angela
08-24-2009, 09:55 AM
I think a theme for a set colour would be good. Like, occasionally have a week for a colour such as red or yellow or green or blue... then make it more complicated like cream or teal or lavender. Ionno.

*wanders away*

Ok, ok.. Blue sounds fine.. :D

So we have our next weeks theme.. :D

TayyabX
08-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Condom.. Can you explain a bit?

How does condom fit into simple?

Well since it's such a bad idea why on earth did so many people enter it last time? Face it we're gonna have an set stock or an set render before week 40......

Condom is striked, no? :3

Anyways, last time, it was the first set render theme. If we do it three or more times, you'll be seeing more people complaining. :x

Oh, and I like the idea Tombi! Except, how about a gradient theme? :]
*unless we've had one

Tombi
08-24-2009, 06:02 PM
A gradient theme would restrict it. It'd need to go from one colour to another. If it was just a set colour you could do a gradient or many different shades or whatever.

miyoun
08-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Gradient would be a nice challenge though.

Although I'd say it be used if nobody has any suggestions left for the rest of the year.

Anastasia-R
08-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Hey, Angela, suggestion. Insted of you always picking the themes, why not let the winner of each BOTW pick the theme?
=o

Example; WINNER from last week; name here, picks [theme name here] for BOTW #[no. here]!

Angela
08-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Hey, Angela, suggestion. Insted of you always picking the themes, why not let the winner of each BOTW pick the theme?
=o

Example; WINNER from last week; name here, picks [theme name here] for BOTW #[no. here]!

That sounds like an idea... :biggrin:

I mean then I don't get blamed for every bad theme.. :biggrin:

Sure, let's give it a try.. :biggrin:

So this week will actually have a prize... :biggrin:

shadowpichu
08-30-2009, 09:40 PM
yh ana that sounds great i hope i win this week

XaiakuX
09-08-2009, 09:43 PM
That sounds like an idea... :biggrin:

I mean then I don't get blamed for every bad theme.. :biggrin:

Sure, let's give it a try.. :biggrin:

So this week will actually have a prize... :biggrin:

I feel awesome being the first.

anyways,

OPERATIVE! Buddy!

Your LoZbanner would be way mroe ninja without the link in the BG.. just saying.

Tombi
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
I submit the theme of realism. Each participant must use a render/stock of a photo of human. o:

Anastasia-R
09-17-2009, 08:10 PM
=o

[/was busy]
I wanted to add, you can't pick themes 2 times in a row. Example someone wins two weeks in a row, they can't pick two themes in a row. The runner up (if they didn't pick the theme in a row) can pick the theme. Sorry, I'm just busy with school. v..v;

Tombi
09-17-2009, 08:22 PM
[/was busy]
I wanted to add, you can't pick themes 2 times in a row. Example someone wins two weeks in a row, they can't pick two themes in a row. The runner up (if they didn't pick the theme in a row) can pick the theme. Sorry, I'm just busy with school. v..v;

How come? o= I wouldn't think it really mattered, imo. If they won again, they don't get a prize. Doesn't seem fair.

Anastasia-R
09-17-2009, 08:24 PM
How come? o= I wouldn't think it really mattered, imo. If they won again, they don't get a prize. Doesn't seem fair.

Well, it'd be annoying if someone won two times in a row and already picked a theme. =P Someone else should have a chance, too. I mean, I do se a poblem wih that. Besides, there's other weeks that the person could pick a theme again. Like this;
Week no. __ - Winner; PERSON A ... Week no. __ Winner; PERSON B ... Week no. __ - Winner; PERSON A
Like skip over a week, or wait awhile,and try to win again to pick the next theme. It just doesn't seem fair if person A gets to pick themes for 2-3 weeks or more. =o

Angela
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok.. Yay.. I'm gonna put up this weeks thread up after I PM Tombi.. So BOTW has been moved to Friday.. Like it was before my vacation.. Tuesday just isn't a good day for me.. :D

Anastasia-R
10-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Uhh, for the human photo week, I think you got the thing mixed up. O..o; I got two votes, and never made it to 2nd place. =x

Angela
10-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Uhh, for the human photo week, I think you got the thing mixed up. O..o; I got two votes, and never made it to 2nd place. =x

Oh... I read the wrong line.. Dam I hate when that happens...

Anyway it's fixed.. Can you update the sticky's?

Also...

What if person A wins 3 weeks in a row.. Who would pick the theme?

Anastasia-R
10-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh... I read the wrong line.. Dam I hate when that happens...

Anyway it's fixed.. Can you update the sticky's?

Also...

What if person A wins 3 weeks in a row.. Who would pick the theme?

The runner up wins, or the second runner up wins.

Angela
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM
The runner up wins, or the second runner up wins.

So you're saying if someone wins 3 weeks in a row the person in 2nd place gets to pick the theme?

Ok this weeks thread is up.. :biggrin:

Dynamik
10-14-2009, 07:19 AM
I wanna vote for a new president that's in charge of the SOTW. ):<
Reasons are horribly obvious.

Angela
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM

SOTW....

Actually no.. I don't think they are obvious...

Care to explain?

Anastasia-R
10-14-2009, 07:56 PM

Why? o..o

And, yeah, might wanna point out some reasons. =o

Tombi
10-14-2009, 07:59 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sprite of the Week complaints do not belong in the Banner of the Week discussion thread~ :3

Anastasia-R
10-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sprite of the Week complaints do not belong in the Banner of the Week discussion thread~ :3

At the moment, there isn't a Sprite of the week discussion thread. v..v; I'll make it sometime today. x..x;

EDIT;; SOTW discussion thread is up

Anastasia-R
10-14-2009, 08:13 PM
[Sprite of the week --- Discussion]

Discuss here about sprite of the week, ideas for the next theme, ect. Sprite entries go were the "Sprite of the week" thread is. You can comment on other entries here. If there's a problem, you can post it here, but it has to do with SOTW.

I have gotten some issues already about this. o..o; One, Sprite-resource is down, and I guess, there's a complaint about SOTW.

Dynamik
10-15-2009, 03:11 AM

Eh, what? I was talking about BOTW and Angela. ._. ?

Angela
10-15-2009, 02:29 PM

Yeah I got that the first time.. So point out these obvious reasons.. <.<

Tombi
10-15-2009, 04:36 PM

You said 'SotW'. I guessed you meant 'Signature of the Week', but as PE2K is non-cliche we use 'BotW' instead, and Sprite of the Week is 'SotW'. Just messin'.

Anyway, what's wrong with it? o.O

Dragoness
10-16-2009, 07:34 AM
You said 'SotW'. I guessed you meant 'Signature of the Week', but as PE2K is non-cliche we use 'BotW' instead, and Sprite of the Week is 'SotW'. Just messin'.

Anyway, what's wrong with it? o.O
Indeed. What is wrong?

Also, I have a suggestion to whoever wins the last contest and thus picks the new theme: since it is nearing Halloween, why not pick a Halloween theme? I know there is a "BloodxGore" but that's not necessary Halloween--more to it than blood 'n gore, which reminds me, I should make a banner for this weeks contest...anyway! It is just a suggestion <3

DarkEevee
10-16-2009, 08:14 AM
I guess I'll start things off..

What do you think should be a theme in the future? Maybe an Advanced Recolor or a Revamp from RBY?

Calypso
10-16-2009, 10:01 AM
I guess I'll start things off..

What do you think should be a theme in the future? Maybe an Advanced Recolor or a Revamp from RBY?
I second the revamp idea; it kind of strays away from the generic recolour/fusion rounds. Well, that's provided you don't just alter the colours, but yeah.

Lunar Lime
10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah...

Maybe revamp G/S/C to HG/SS?

Eeveelutions
10-17-2009, 06:33 AM
I think the GSC»HGSS idea is awesome 8D Also, we should have a scratch sprite contest (not soon) that should probably last 2 weeks instead of one since it's harder? Idk o-o

Also, since SOTW's name is getting confused, you could always change it to Pixel of the Week XD Even though Sprite does sound better... :P

Sequentio
10-17-2009, 06:36 AM
I always used to see spriting contests that would ask for something specific, such as;
"Splice together two fire types and then recolor it to be a water type."

But I do think that G/S/C >> HG/SS is a good idea. :D

kokovo
10-17-2009, 09:02 AM
I think having something really specific like a would be awesome.
GSC»HGSS would be great too.

DarkEevee
10-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Actually, I think that some of the HGSS sprites are actually are revamps of some GSC sprites. One example being Skarmory... I think. Anyway, I still like the idea.

Eeveelutions
10-17-2009, 04:46 PM
I thought Skarmory was from Generation 3?

Dark Salamence
10-17-2009, 09:40 PM
I think the GSC»HGSS idea is awesome 8D Also, we should have a scratch sprite contest (not soon) that should probably last 2 weeks instead of one since it's harder? Idk o-o

Also, since SOTW's name is getting confused, you could always change it to Pixel of the Week XD Even though Sprite does sound better... :P

How about some sort of Fakemon contest? :o

PapaLuLu27
10-18-2009, 01:41 AM

Confused with what? O:

Yeah...

Maybe revamp G/S/C to HG/SS?
Sounds nice. I'd like to try that.
Actually, I think that some of the HGSS sprites are actually are revamps of some GSC sprites. One example being Skarmory... I think. Anyway, I still like the idea.
Not really. They sort of had their postures in between the sprites of Gold and Silver, I've been studying 8D And they were completely re-scratched which is why Scyther's head is the epic fail it is today (my personal opinion, don't hurt me)

-♪Luis

Eeveelutions
10-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Confused with what? O:

-♪Luis

Sprite of the Week
Signature of the Week

I've noticed some people actually got confused, since most websites use SignatureOTW instead of BannerOTWXD

Angela
10-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Ok guys if Ben hasn't replied to me by Friday then I'll have to pick the theme... :3

Kayla Ann
10-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I agree, If ben doesnt reply, I think you should pick a halloween theme!

So I take it week 29 will be up friday?

Angela
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
I agree, If ben doesnt reply, I think you should pick a halloween theme!

So I take it week 29 will be up friday?

Yes.. :3

OMG Halloween is a awesome theme... Sold! :3

So it's Halloween unless Ben replies.. :3

Also Kayla.. Week 39... :3

Ken
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I have several ideas.

#1: Make a inferno using the colors of the pokemon you are using as the inferno palatte.

#2: Revamps or devamps.

#3: Make a fusion using 3 legendary pokemon.

#4: Make a fusion using all eevee evolutions (Including Eevee)

What you think?

Broderick
11-03-2009, 04:52 AM
A suggestion for banner of the week 41, something like a school spirit banner? I was bored as usual, sitting in class today and looked over at a school flag of mine and thought it would be fun to make a banner for that! Have gradient maps with my school colors and such...
But anyway, you could just have a banner themed around your school mascot, and colors. Or if your school doesn't have a mascot, or you don't know what it is, or the colors are, you can make it up. ^_^

Angela
11-03-2009, 06:50 PM
A suggestion for banner of the week 41, something like a school spirit banner? I was bored as usual, sitting in class today and looked over at a school flag of mine and thought it would be fun to make a banner for that! Have gradient maps with my school colors and such...
But anyway, you could just have a banner themed around your school mascot, and colors. Or if your school doesn't have a mascot, or you don't know what it is, or the colors are, you can make it up. ^_^

The winner of week 39 will pick the theme for week 41.. :wink:

EmBreon
11-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I hope no one minds, but I merged these threads. There's too many stickies in this board and it's really confusing. :oops:

Neither topic had enough activity to warrant a separate thread; both subjects can be discussed here.

Sight of the Stars
01-20-2010, 11:03 PM
We should have a Haiti Support theme for BotW. Like, advertise a Haiti donation site of our choice in a banner. ^^;

Anastasia-R
01-20-2010, 11:15 PM
We should have a Haiti Support theme for BotW. Like, advertise a Haiti donation site of our choice in a banner. ^^;

Hey, that's not a bad idea. =o We should have some sort of Haiti theme. =]

miyoun
01-21-2010, 08:50 AM
i dont like how botw is behind in the votes being posted up and such. it feels like botm or something.

is angela away for a few days or can someone else get the next week posted up?

i really wanna do the haiti theme :c

XaiakuX
01-21-2010, 09:39 AM
i dont like how botw is behind in the votes being posted up and such. it feels like botm or something.

is angela away for a few days or can someone else get the next week posted up?

i really wanna do the haiti theme :c

Angela is busy with school xD We all are, because that's just how it is.. xD

I'm totally down for a Haiti Theme.. XD

Angela
01-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah like said above I have school.. And I just downloaded sims 3 the other day.. So next week will be up on Friday..

I've been waiting for a Friday.. So expect each BOTW to be on Friday.. :3

miyoun
03-30-2010, 07:08 PM
I'd love to try host BOTW one week to give Angela a break c:

Angela
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
I'd love to try host BOTW one week to give Angela a break c:

That would actually be greatly appreciated the first weeks in June! :D

I'm going out of town then and wont have internet.. :3

Also I might go to a summer cabin in the summer, you all remembered the anarchy that brewed up last year when I disappeared for 2-3 weeks during the summer.. xD

miyoun
03-30-2010, 08:46 PM
That would actually be greatly appreciated the first weeks in June! :D

I'm going out of town then and wont have internet.. :3

Also I might go to a summer cabin in the summer, you all remembered the anarchy that brewed up last year when I disappeared for 2-3 weeks during the summer.. xD

If you tell me in advance the dates you're gone I'll gladly take over. Although in June it's my 18th so I'm not sure on how free I'll be then.

At least it can keep going when you're gone :)

PureGoober
04-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Will there be trophy's if you win?
I could help make them. :)

miyoun
05-16-2010, 10:31 PM
I beg of you guys not to choose SPECIFIC bands, SPECIFIC animes or SPECIFIC games.

After week 55, I'm going to try out everyone picking themes and suggesting in here until Summer. I don't have enough free time to chase up winners right now.

MysticSapphire
05-18-2010, 05:04 PM
How about a "sunny/hot/fire" kind of theme for the upcoming summer?

Just a suggestion. :P

PureGoober
05-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Some one needs to really do SOTW.
They are slacking, big time.

MysticSapphire
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Some one needs to really do SOTW.
They are slacking, big time.

Yeah, I guess. Everyone's going on about the banners, but no body cares for the sprites. "What about them, man?"

miyoun
05-19-2010, 01:49 AM
That's up to Ken for Sprite of the Week to be posted.

Maybe he doesn't want to do it?

Gem N Ems
05-19-2010, 01:34 PM
That's up to Ken for Sprite of the Week to be posted.

Maybe he doesn't want to do it?

If he doesn't want to do it he should sort it out with either me or Ana so we can get someone else to run it.

miyoun
05-19-2010, 05:04 PM
If he doesn't want to do it he should sort it out with either me or Ana so we can get someone else to run it.

Looks like he was just waiting for a theme... xD

Kenny_C.002
10-11-2010, 06:54 AM
pokemon banner of the month on website: y/n?

Gaia
10-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Hell yes. I'd totally be up for that. ;o

Gem N Ems
10-11-2010, 07:55 AM
pokemon banner of the month on website: y/n?

Great idea, Kenny. I'm all for it. Art ftw.

Lan.exe
11-09-2010, 11:45 PM
So once again the deadline has flown by and there's no poll in sight. No offense, but how about someone active like myself hosts this, since clearly it's too hard for some people to spend 5 minutes making a poll.

Also, why the heck is it called Banner of the Week? Everywhere else on the internet, it's Sig of the Week. And for a reason, we're making signature tags, not banners (which are typically website headers, and at least 500 to 700 pixels wide).

miyoun
11-14-2010, 05:12 PM
the only reason I haven't even been on PE2k is because this was taken from me and became inactive. that kind of annoys me as banner of the week is fun.

i miss hosting it.

Operative
11-14-2010, 05:20 PM
the only reason I haven't even been on PE2k is because this was taken from me and became inactive. that kind of annoys me as banner of the week is fun.

i miss hosting it.

hi i think tobiume should host botw again.

tbh, this thing hasn't been running smoothly ever since the power of running this was taken away from her. even though she was having irl problems, she was still able to get it up and done every single week.

i realize that ana and gem do have a life, too, but to host this weekly forum competition, the thread needs to be up EVERY WEEK. it's unfair to those who would like to enter more often as it's only being done every other week, every two weeks or even every month.

louise has time to do it, she's willing to do it, i say let her host it again.

edit: btw i'm all for kennys idea

Lan.exe
11-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Also, why the heck do we skip a week when voting? I'm all for anyone hosting it, as long as it's done properly.

And can we please name it properly?

I also suggest that the winner picks the next topic. However since there should be a new competition running at the same time as voting, it's offset by a week.

Week 1: SOTW 1; Person A wins, though this isn't known until the next week.
Week 2: SOTW 2, Voting for SOTW 1; During the voting for Week 1, a new contest is running. Person B ultimately wins.
Week 3: SOTW 3, Voting for SOTW 2; Theme is chosen by Person A, should be chosen within 24 hours or else the theme is chosen by the host.
Week 4: SOTW 4; Voting for SOTW 3; Person B's theme.

Etc.

Also the host is allowed to participate since voting is public.

miyoun
11-15-2010, 12:21 AM
That's what I did. As soon as I posted the thread for voting for week A, I'd post week B's thread.

Operative
11-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Also, why the heck do we skip a week when voting? I'm all for anyone hosting it, as long as it's done properly.

And can we please name it properly?

I also suggest that the winner picks the next topic. However since there should be a new competition running at the same time as voting, it's offset by a week.

Week 1: SOTW 1; Person A wins, though this isn't known until the next week.
Week 2: SOTW 2, Voting for SOTW 1; During the voting for Week 1, a new contest is running. Person B ultimately wins.
Week 3: SOTW 3, Voting for SOTW 2; Theme is chosen by Person A, should be chosen within 24 hours or else the theme is chosen by the host.
Week 4: SOTW 4; Voting for SOTW 3; Person B's theme.

Etc.

Also the host is allowed to participate since voting is public.

The winner picks theme and host participating thing used to happen when Angela or Tobiume used to host.

But yes this plz ^

Lan.exe
11-15-2010, 12:23 AM
That's what I did. As soon as I posted the thread for voting for week A, I'd post week B's thread.

Excellent. You should host then imo.

JokesterJesse
The winner picks theme and host participating thing used to happen when Angela or Tobiume used to host.

But yes this plz ^

That and

You should host it,

miyoun
Never when I hosted it.

I always picked the theme LOL.

Excellent. You should host then imo.
I'd love to but it's up to Ana or Gem. I don't see either on MSN right now :(

Lan.exe
11-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Never when I hosted it.

I always picked the theme LOL.

Well, with the winner choosing the theme, I'd assume that there will be weeks where the winner forgets, leaving the theme up to the host.

It's just more interactive that way, and adds a little incentive to win.

JokesterJesse
11-15-2010, 12:25 AM
That was alot easier, now we have to wait 10+ years just to have the theme choosen.

ALSO. It says ana's on PE2K right now.

Anastasia-R
11-15-2010, 12:28 AM
I'd love to but it's up to Ana or Gem. I don't see either on MSN right now :(

Hey, if you wanna host again, be my guest. I have a new MSN, sorry, but I thought I gave it to you. =o Maybe I'm wrong.

So, yeah, I say, go ahead and host again if you'd like. I have a lot on my hands already. Just ask Gem from VM or PM, just so that she's notified about the host change. (b")b

miyoun
11-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Hey, if you wanna host again, be my guest. I have a new MSN, sorry, but I thought I gave it to you. =o Maybe I'm wrong.

So, yeah, I say, go ahead and host again if you'd like. I have a lot on my hands already. Just ask Gem from VM or PM, just so that she's notified about the host change. (b")b

you gave me a new one a few months ago. Did you change it again?

And I'd love to host it again, I go by a strict SUNDAY TO SUNDAY but I'm sure I can change it to Monday considering it's Monday here.

I'll PM Gem before I start to sort things out for the threads, just in case she opposes. Thanks a lot Ana <3
I've been scared to ask since my IRL problems finished.

Anastasia-R
11-15-2010, 12:34 AM
you gave me a new one a few months ago. Did you change it again?

And I'd love to host it again, I go by a strict SUNDAY TO SUNDAY but I'm sure I can change it to Monday considering it's Monday here.

I'll PM Gem before I start to sort things out for the threads, just in case she opposes. Thanks a lot Ana <3
I've been scared to ask since my IRL problems finished.

I did? Then, that's the one, you had me already. xD
You're very welcome~ <33 Thank YOU for taking over. Oh jeez, I just have too much stuff goin' on.
Aw, well, don't be, and I'm glad your irl problems are finished. ^..^

Charmander009
11-15-2010, 09:11 PM
*ninja-entrance*

I just have a quick question to ask: could we post the last few winners in the btw museum? I wouldn't mind doing it myself, if you guys are a bit too busy to do it right now. ^^

Gem N Ems
11-15-2010, 10:25 PM
What is with people? When I made BotW sometimes NO ONE entered. ;____; *evil glare*

I was fine with it, then Ana was busy and I had to do both weeks, then I got busy and IT'S A STRESS BALL. Waiting for each week's winner to pick a topic is also hard when they don't get back to you. >.>

So yush. I'm busy and can't do stuff right now. Tobiume can take over whenever she wants.

And and and as far as I know we didn't "take" it away from you. X.x You never asked for it back.