PDA

View Full Version : What's most important to you in a game?

TeirusuFX
04-10-2009, 07:31 PM
What makes you wild about the games you like?

♪テイルス♪
♫Teirusu♫

Yoda55
04-10-2009, 07:45 PM
For me probably gameplay.

Vaughn
04-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Added Features and Gameplay, defintely.

Operative
04-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Everything is important for me in a videogame.

Having one great thing doesn't make up for a crappy thing.

Everything needs to be well balanced.

Fushigidane
04-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Title for me, dunno why lol.

Professor Geoffrey
04-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Plot. Nothing's better than a good story, in my opinion. :3

Volcanflame
04-11-2009, 01:31 AM
My favorite game is Suikoden II, which has nice gameplay and plotline.

-Volcan-

Lord Fedora
04-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Gameplay, plot, and soundtrack. The essentialy three. Gameplay and plot to fill up my attention, and BGM to enjoy while playing.

Synester
04-11-2009, 01:44 AM
Other. I'm a graphics man. I wonder why th hell Background music is on there, but graphics isn't.

Operative
04-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Gameplay, plot, and soundtrack. The essentialy three. Gameplay and plot to fill up my attention, and BGM to enjoy while playing.

Haha, as do I need this.

Hoshika
04-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Gameplay and genre. Then music. Then plot.

There isn't much of a story in Super Mario Bros. (the original one), but I love it anyway. I'm sure you do, too. If you don't, you're a jerk and I hate you. :(

Uomo
04-11-2009, 03:09 AM
For me it would have to be the plotline. I like having a game where previous events string with newer ones in chronological order and stuff. Like TLOZ. :D

Gameplay comes at a close second though.

Clutch
04-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Definitely plot and gameplay. Those two make or break a game for me.

Orthar
04-11-2009, 03:57 AM
-Gameplay
-Plot
-Graphics

Of course, graphics are pertaining to the generation of which they appear.

Mewchirio
04-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Easy:
Plot
BGM

Without them, you don't have a good dame. Explain's why I love The World Ends With You so much

~Mewchirio~

Ajarr
04-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Gameplay

Added Features

Plot

If your game has the GAP and it's good, then it's a good game.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
04-11-2009, 11:05 AM
What makes you wild about the games you like?

♪テイルス♪
♫Teirusu♫

Think you meant genre. :P

Everything is important for me in a videogame.

Having one great thing doesn't make up for a crappy thing.

Everything needs to be well balanced.

Yes, I agree.

Oh yeah, all own in different ways. X9

atucker22
04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Gameplay and plotline are the most important

ShadowUmbreon545
04-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Gameplay and plotline.

Kirby Grunt
04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Genre, BGM, SFX, and Gameplay.
And Graphics are always an extra plus, but seeing as how powerful consoles are nowadays (except for Wii lolololol) we don't have to worry about that much.

Oh, and Added features so it's not just the same old game. Other than that I don't care about dialouge, voice acting, plot, or anything of the sort.

Dark Lightning
04-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Gameplay and plot are the two most important things in a game for me.

Dancing Mad
04-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Gameplay and plotline. I love a good plot, but it doesn't make a game. IMO gameplay does.

Ranma
04-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Genre, Gameplay, Plotline, Dialogue, and added features.

Graphics are good, but I don't need them.

Graceful_Suicune
04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
It's better if the dialogue's funny or clever, I love the plots, music, sound effects, graphics and what it's about. :3

~Xanthe.

Wisp
04-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Genre and Plotline. I always check graphics though, if the graphics looks magikrap then I don't tend to bother buying it. ^-^

Ozymandias
04-16-2009, 01:12 PM
The title and genre draw me in, but the plot, gameplay and added features are what keep me playing. There have been several games that looked great when I bought them, but when I started playing them they were a waste of 25.

Neo Emolga
04-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Gameplay, storyline, and music. Good and accurate sound effects are very nice to have, but if they're just okay, I can let that pass.

To me, music is important because it can greatly set moods, raise tension, and really bring out a setting. Not to mention that if the music is good enough to make you throw it on your iPod, it will remind you of the game, and of course, you'll feel like playing it again. :P

Added features like unlocks are nice, but if they're too hard to earn or take forever to figure out how to open, don't bother programming them into the game.

Kendo
04-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Gameplay, plot, added features and music are qualities I look into more. Usually graphics only catch my attention if they're eye-popping somehow, or they're bad.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
04-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Added features like unlocks are nice, but if they're too hard to earn or take forever to figure out how to open, don't bother programming them into the game.

Actually, a good mix of easy and hard unlocks, with extremes on both sides (something like a discontinuous variation graph in genetics) would be the best.

Managed to compile the reasons why each component is important. :P
Title: Must be appealing for a good first impression.
Genre: Must be something I fancy. A mix makes more people happy.
Gameplay: Must be simple enough for the average person in the targeted age group.
Plot Line: Something original is desired.
BGMs (Background music): Pick the correct music for the correct scene to set a good tone.
SEs (Sound effects): For realism.
Dialogue: To understand the characters as if you are RPing or you are reading a great fanfic.
Dialogue Speed: Multiple choices of speed are for those who are replaying.
Added Features: Keeps the game interesting.
Other: Too many to list. Give me a component of a game and I'll see why it needs to be good.

skiboydoggy
04-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Gameplay, or plot and dialogue. I play some games with terrible/non-existent/tacked on plots like Super Mario and love them to bits, then there are RTSes and FPSes that have rubbish for a plot that's basically an excuse to lead from one battle to another, (though games have tended away from them recently,) and they can still be brilliant.

However, even if gameplay isn't exactly the best, or rather generally non-interactive or generally uninspired, (I can't stand gameplay that's just plain flawed,) a good plot with sympathetic characters more than makes up for it. The earlier Final Fantasy games were hardly shining examples of interactivity, and most JRPGs also fall into this group, but the plot and characters kept you playing. Besides, I've been playing Visual Novels lately, and the most gameplay you get out of those is clicking choices every so often and trying to get the endings you want. (As opposed to sometimes brutal bad ends. Brr.)

Dragoness
04-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Gameplay, Plot and "Other"--such as how well the battle system is and how the graphics are.