PDA

View Full Version : Vegemite: friend or foe?

karmachameleon
04-15-2009, 04:17 AM
After seeing some pictures of what it looks like, why do Australians like it so much? It would be great if people with some experience with it could elaborate.

Vaughn
04-15-2009, 06:27 AM
What the heck is a vegemite?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Vegemite's awesome. :P

You can't tell what it's like from how it looks anyway. You gotta taste it. xD

I'd say it's pretty much an acquired taste. Most Aussies probably like it because they were brought up eating it.

Graceful_Suicune
04-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes. ^^ I love Vegemite. :D And ya can't judge a book by its cover, you know. :P It's tastey.

@Neurotic Nero: It's an Australian bitter-but-yum sandwich spread. :P

~Xanthe.

Oxygen
04-15-2009, 02:23 PM
In the UK we have Marmite.

But it looks the same and sounds the same, and I like Marmite, so yes!

chewie_567
04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Vegemite is basically Australian peanut butter, except it doesn't taste like peanut butter. They just use it in the same ways. (i.e. spreading it on sandwiches)
I have eaten Vegemite twice. it's really salty, but all in all, it's good.

Hei Feng
04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm Australian but I detest that stuff. Most of my friends do too actually. It really doesn't depend on whether you're Australian or not. Just personal preference. =)

Operative
04-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Vegemite is good. But y'know, I wouldn't eat it everyday.

An Australian friend of mine was eating it ( on a sandwich ), and I said: " What's that? "

He gave me a piece and it was pretty nice, actually.

Ajarr
04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Never tried it, I don't think I want to.

Dark Salamence
04-15-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm an Australian but I think Vegimite is terrible, as well as peanut butter. My sister cuts her toast into two slices and spreads Vegimite onto one of them and peanut butter onto the other. D:

Then she holds it up to my face...

-Elana-

Charbok
04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Of course.

No. Not now, not ever.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
04-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Never heard of it, never tried it. Boo. D:

Do they sell it in Singapore?

Let me see what it looks like. I mean, if it's impossible to know what it looks like, how do you guys even see it?

Graceful_Suicune
04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Vegemite is basically Australian peanut butter, except it doesn't taste like peanut butter. They just use it in the same ways. (i.e. spreading it on sandwiches)
I have eaten Vegemite twice. it's really salty, but all in all, it's good.

Peanut butter? I have peanut butter more than Vegemite. xD With honey... :D

I'm Australian but I detest that stuff. Most of my friends do too actually. It really doesn't depend on whether you're Australian or not. Just personal preference. =)

xD Of course! x3 It's like saying that all Aussies like sausages.... *shudders* I hate 'em, for one. >.>

Never heard of it, never tried it. Boo. D:

Do they sell it in Singapore?

Let me see what it looks like. I mean, if it's impossible to know what it looks like, how do you guys even see it?

Google it. :P You'll find pictures. :D

They only sell in in Australia. :3

~Xanthe.