PDA

View Full Version : Chowder or Flapjack?

Kendo
04-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Out of the newest cartoons on Cartoon Network, these two seem to be slight competitors, for some reason. Do you prefer Flapjack, Chowder, or none of the above, or both of them?

Chowder is more ridiculous, and more for a younger audience. It's also very funny, though. The characters personally annoy me, with the exception of Schnitzel, who despite him saying only one nonsensical word all the time is perhaps one of the best characters on the show. Everything's named after food, too, I forgot to mention. And the actual food and money and such is often just with one or two words slightly changed. This may annoy some viewers. They also made some ill-fated jokes about Flavaflav ("We need some Flava!" *drops necklace with clock on it into pot*) and one about Devo, which I don't understand at all ("Put on the music, Schnitzel!" *Schnitzel puts on Devo hat and starts playing synthesizer/keyboard/something*).

Flapjack isn't quite as ridiculous, but it still is. I myself prefer it to Chowder, because to me it's less annoying, even as the main characters do stuff that doesn't make sense, and classifies as stupid. Eh.....well, that's really all I have to say.

So which do YOU prefer?

We Taste Pies...
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
They have two new shows, both of which are named after foods... I thought this waas a food question -.-

Synester
04-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Chowder...duh.

Ridley
04-17-2009, 06:46 PM
If I had to pick one it'd be Flapjack, although I don't really like either of them.

TeirusuFX
04-17-2009, 07:39 PM
I hate both, don't kill me

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

TayyabX
04-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Flapjack > Chowder

Chowder is like fail. :[
Flapjack is better than Chowder which is the only reason I chose it. :|

Gold Rush
04-17-2009, 08:15 PM
err, I've heard of chowder, but never seen it so I don't know :o
Never heard of Flapjack P:
I thought this was about food >>

Ajarr
04-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Chowder is kind of... well.... maybe this will explain it:
http://i42.tinypic.com/fbyzx1.png

Flapjack is the stuff.

Dark Salamence
04-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Unfortunately, I've never heard of either Chowder or Flapjack. x3

Actually, when I first saw this poll I thought that it'd be about food. Anyway, don't you eat flapjacks? (Well, I'm not completely sure because like most other Australians I haven't really heard of flapjacks.) I just assumed that chowder would be some sort of food as well. D:

-Elana-

Giratina
04-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Chowder.

For whatever reason - probably the abundant use of caricatures and exaggerated character design, I can't stand those things - I don't find Flapjack at all funny or possible to look at without being slightly disturbed. Chowder has its funny moments, which makes me vote for that show. I've never really wanted to watch Flapjack for more than five minutes... and plus the stupidity, which they openly accept in Chowder and feels more at home around the brightly colored atmosphere. Flapjack just blares out the same things - making it look, well, stupid.

Dancing Mad
04-18-2009, 04:20 AM
They are both stupid.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
04-18-2009, 10:35 AM

Actually, when I first saw this poll I thought that it'd be about food. Anyway, don't you eat flapjacks? (Well, I'm not completely sure because like most other Australians I haven't really heard of flapjacks.) I just assumed that chowder would be some sort of food as well. D:

-Elana-

Meh, so did I. I'm not really sure what they are, too.

They sure are running out of ideas for names of cartoons. Using food for titles?

From this, I infer that both of them fail. Even without watching either show.

Hei Feng
04-18-2009, 02:38 PM

-Elana-
Same here; glad I wasn't the only one confused. I thought it was an American name for different foods.

ShadowUmbreon545
04-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Why does everyone keep thinking it's foods?Whatever.I think Chowder's better.It's funnier and more retarded which retardedness just makes it even MORE funnier.

Yoda55
04-18-2009, 08:46 PM
There both good, but Chowder beats it.

Operative
04-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Neither.

None of them interested me...

I stuck with good ol' " Ed, Edd, and Eddy "

Giratina
04-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Why does everyone keep thinking it's foods?

Because some people don't bother to watch children's cartoons for various reasons, or live somewhere where it isn't aired.

And also because they are the names of foods.

atucker22
04-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Chowder is ok I guess....

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
04-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Why does everyone keep thinking it's foods?Whatever.I think Chowder's better.It's funnier and more retarded which retardedness just makes it even MORE funnier.

Because both are names of foods? :|

Judge Dredd
04-21-2009, 01:55 PM
both suck, spong bob is king of those types of cartoons

Vaughn
04-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Chowder is slightly funnier than Flapjack. I don't like how Flapjack himself and the show looks. IT looks dark. For Chowder, colors are everywhere!

iChaos
04-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Chowder, FTW! Chowder is funnier, I watch and love both cartoons. Chowder is more of a PG-13 rating, well Flapjack is a PG/G and the same people that worked on Spongebob made Chowder.

Black Hawk
04-24-2009, 07:48 PM

My brother was retarded. This kind of **** really pisses me off. You think retards are funny? How would you like it if your whole life you were nothing more than a five year old trapped in an aging body? Go die.

If I had to choose, it would be Flapjack because the choral voices come on with the candy!

"~Two pieces of candy!~"

Dark Lightning
04-24-2009, 07:54 PM
What is chowder and flapjack? :/

Poltergeist
04-25-2009, 12:57 AM
What is chowder and flapjack? :/

Cartoon Shows on Cartoon Network.

Anyway, even though I don't watch either too often, I like Chowder more then Flapjack.

Dark Turtwig
04-25-2009, 01:00 AM
I prefer pancakes to chowder. :3

And I did read the topic btw, I'm being sarcastic, in case you think I'm just talking about food.