PDA

View Full Version : The Nintendo DSi

Professor Geoffrey
04-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I know it, like, came out a little while back, but the question is simple; will you be getting the DSi?

I'm going to be getting it for my birthday. :D

Vaughn
04-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I got it already. I used it to take pictures at the Maryland Zoo.

TeirusuFX
04-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Naw, there's really no point if you already have a DS Lite

The added features won't really make ordinary DS games any good, although they might make games only for the DSi

But with no GBA slot, how could you migrate your Pokemon? :/

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Babii Pikachu
04-22-2009, 10:33 PM
I'll probably get it, seeing as I'm not involved much in D/P and the whole migrating thing, plus I have a Gameboy SP for all my GBA games :)

Poke Master
04-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I have it, and I kinda regret spending $200.
(With Case and Tax)
The camera is meh.
The DSi Shop doesnt really have much (Yet)
And I wasted the money because I'm bored with all my other games ._.
I thought the DSi shop was gonna have you know, like real games.
Eg. MarioKart DS (I already have it)
But if you have several games you play alot then you should buy it.
If you already have a Lite, you dont need it.

.:[Duncan]:.

Professor Geoffrey
04-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Naw, there's really no point if you already have a DS Lite

The added features won't really make ordinary DS games any good, although they might make games only for the DSi

But with no GBA slot, how could you migrate your Pokemon? :/

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Some details are missed - you can go back to the home menu without turning off the console itself now; it practically is a portable Wii. That's a big function, in my opinion, because that way, you don't wear the console out as much. Know why there's a big difference in size between DS games and GBA/GBC games? Because the game started to depend on the console for the... internal battery, was it? Anyway, the DSi, in my opinion, is worth getting.

Ridley
04-22-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm sticking with my DS Lite. If I want to take pictures, I can use a cell phone.

Ajarr
04-22-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm wanting to trade in my DS for 70 dollars then get some more money out of the bank and get it. I have two DS lites, one's black (which I only use for other stuff) and my blue one (which I use alot) so I'm going to trade in the black one. The reason why I want to get a DSi is because Nintendo may do something special with it and I want whatever it is.

Hei Feng
04-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Never wanted one because I found all the extra features redundant.

Graceful_Suicune
04-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Pfft, I'm not gettin' it. It has a camera, sure, but I already have a DS Lite, and I love it!

Besides, the DSi doesn't play GBA games. I'm not ditching My Pokemon and Sonic games!!
Fail, Nintendo.

~Xanthe.

Soda
04-23-2009, 10:38 AM
I JUST bought this mega awesome nyya force five kawaii DS w/ Palkia and Dialga on it:

http://nintendods.gaming-universe.de/screens/news_2006-09-01_pokemon-ds-lite.jpg

So no.

George Jefferson
04-23-2009, 03:50 PM
The DSi was made to stop pirating of DS games and flashcarts.

It's useless, because there's already a flashcart for the DSi anyways. :>

Operative
04-24-2009, 12:33 AM
I might, but for now, I'm happy with occasionally sneaking it out of my friends pocket. ;D

Game Over
04-24-2009, 12:40 AM
I plan on getting a DSi for my birthday, hopefully.

Eternal Moonlight
04-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Meh, maybe. I just got a DS lite in March, so buying another DS now would be lame.

Mew, Meow, Nya

Yoda55
04-24-2009, 01:20 AM
I said maybe because my DS Light is fine.

Bumblebee16
04-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Yep, I got it. My birthday was last month so I used part of my birthday money and sold my DS away to get my DSi. My DS was already scratched and and three of the buttons weren't working, in addition to that, both my brothers have a DS so I can just use theirs if I wanted to play a GBA game..

Seawolf
04-27-2009, 10:34 PM
No, I'm happy with my DS Lite.

Dawn_PiplupFan1
04-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Why would you get it when you already have the DS lite. and how can you migrate pokemon from the GBA's games when it doesn't even have a slot for the game. No thanks, I don't want one.

Nitro
04-30-2009, 02:44 AM
I HATE THE DSi! >:(

Ham and Cheese
04-30-2009, 04:27 AM
I don't think there would really be a point if you had a DS Lite already, to be honest. I have a digital camera and an MP3 player - I don't need those to be integrated into my gaming experience. Plus, I'm joining the chorus of 'how could we migrate our Pokemon?' considering the fact that I haven't had the opportunity to do so yet. (I still haven't beaten the Elite Four in Diamond. :c)